Kurin HAF Remake *Suggestion thread*

I don't know what a Poll title is or does  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Should I Just delete this topic?

• Delete it
    • keep it

This poll is closed to new votes

Found the solution online if you're also having this issue, create a Patches folder in "RimWorld\Mods\RJW Kurin 1.1.1\1.2" and place this inside of it

Patch.xml

The code: 

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<Patch>
    <Operation Class="PatchOperationAdd">
        <xpath>/Defs/FactionDef[defName="Empire"]/permanentEnemyToEveryoneExcept</xpath>
        <value>
            <li>Kurin_Player</li>
        </value>
    </Operation>
</Patch>

credit to this Reddit post

20 minutes ago, insom967 said:

Found the solution online if you're also having this issue, create a Patches folder in "RimWorld\Mods\RJW Kurin 1.1.1\1.2" and place this inside of it

Patch.xml 279 B · 0 downloads

The code: 

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<Patch>
    <Operation Class="PatchOperationAdd">
        <xpath>/Defs/FactionDef[defName="Empire"]/permanentEnemyToEveryoneExcept</xpath>
        <value>
            <li>Kurin_Player</li>
        </value>
    </Operation>
</Patch>

credit to this Reddit post

Whoops, totally forgot to fix this. That's interesting though. They added permanent enemy to the empire? That's a strange choice considering it will cause the empire to be hostile to literally every race mod

41 minutes ago, MaroonToon said:

Whoops, totally forgot to fix this. That's interesting though. They added permanent enemy to the empire? That's a strange choice considering it will cause the empire to be hostile to literally every race mod

This is the offending code that I guess was added to Faction_Empire.xml in 1.2

<permanentEnemyToEveryoneExcept>
      <li>OutlanderCivil</li>
      <li>TribeCivil</li>
      <li>PlayerTribe</li>
      <li>PlayerColony</li>
      <li>Ancients</li>
    </permanentEnemyToEveryoneExcept>

What amused me is I almost managed to figure the patch out myself but my xpath wasn't working because I had

<xpath>/Defs/FactionDefs

instead of

<xpath>/Defs/FactionDef

then I found that post.

12 minutes ago, insom967 said:

This is the offending code that I guess was added to Faction_Empire.xml in 1.2

<permanentEnemyToEveryoneExcept>
      <li>OutlanderCivil</li>
      <li>TribeCivil</li>
      <li>PlayerTribe</li>
      <li>PlayerColony</li>
      <li>Ancients</li>
    </permanentEnemyToEveryoneExcept>

What amused me is I almost managed to figure the patch out myself but my xpath wasn't working because I had

<xpath>/Defs/FactionDefs

instead of

<xpath>/Defs/FactionDef

then I found that post.

that's coding for ya lol.
I still think that bit of code was a bad idea. just an extra hoop modders have to jump through

• 1 month later...
20 hours ago, MaroonToon said:

I made a poll i guess... honestly i should have added more choices, but i can't find a way to edit it. oh well

If i keep it, i'll probably use it more and maybe do some polls if i have the option

If the the topic does get deleted, where can we follow your work/progress?

• 2 weeks later...

Well shit, i've hit a bit of a roadblock at the moment. The apparel layers are completely busted if i try to use the base ones and if i don't then i can't use vanilla apparel. The issue is only ever caused by the shell layer. I don't know why it's broken, considering modded layers work fine together. I feel at this point i have 2 options.

1. use the vanilla layers and deal with broken apparel
or
2. Use custom layers, but not be able to wear non-kurin clothing

Also, it seems like you can only ever make 1 poll and you can't change it afterwards... That's pretty stupid

9 hours ago, insom967 said:

Kinda getting back into rimworld so if you need help testing stuff just let me know. Also option #2 seems kinda worse to me because of not being able to wear temperature specific clothes in an emergency,

for option 2 i could remove some of the research restrictions and make temperature related apparel easier to access early on. now that i think of it, simple kurin apparel should be unlocked by default for the kurin faction

On 10/31/2020 at 10:51 PM, MaroonToon said:

for option 2 i could remove some of the research restrictions and make temperature related apparel easier to access early on. now that i think of it, simple kurin apparel should be unlocked by default for the kurin faction

That sounds like a really good idea

On 10/26/2020 at 9:41 AM, MaroonToon said:

Well shit, i've hit a bit of a roadblock at the moment. The apparel layers are completely busted if i try to use the base ones and if i don't then i can't use vanilla apparel. The issue is only ever caused by the shell layer. I don't know why it's broken, considering modded layers work fine together. I feel at this point i have 2 options.

1. use the vanilla layers and deal with broken apparel
or
2. Use custom layers, but not be able to wear non-kurin clothing

Also, it seems like you can only ever make 1 poll and you can't change it afterwards... That's pretty stupid

I'll vote for option 2 for sure!

2 hours ago, FoxyNova said:

Option 2 kills any kind of powered armors though, or space clothes for SOS

hence why i'm apprehensive about going that route although imo kurin armor is way better than vanilla power armor
But, if i can't solve the issues with layering then it would drive me insane

• 2 months later...
On 1/31/2021 at 9:21 PM, Killianthered said:

I don't know if this thread is still active but I suggest a rimworld of magic add on.

Also, I am getting the "forward facing clothing bug as well so it may be tied to the rimworld of magic mod"

cheers--

never even heard of that bug. so i have no idea what would cause it. it's definitely not Rwom because i've done several runs with it active
this thread is somewhat dead for the moment. i'll start uploading a patch once the workshop version gets updated.

Ok, so I'm kinda confused... how does the Lewd Kurin, Kurin RJW edition, and Kurin HAF(which I'm assuming in the one on the steam workshop?) all relate to each other?

Like, is the RJW edition the nsfw version of the HAF edition with the Lewd Kurin being a patch for... one of them? Both of them?

Is the RJW edition different from the HAF edition in some way? Really confused.

On 2/1/2021 at 10:20 PM, MaroonToon said:

never even heard of that bug. so i have no idea what would cause it. it's definitely not Rwom because i've done several runs with it active
this thread is somewhat dead for the moment. i'll start uploading a patch once the workshop version gets updated.

pokit_3416a75f4cea9109507cacd8e2f2aefc.png

here's a pic from page 2 Donners and Von clothing is facing forward but the bodies are looking right.  Might be some other mod causing issues. I just saw the magic user symbol and thought that might be it.

With how they are slightly large and out of place it looks like they are using the "Texture" file rather than "Texture_Female_east" or "Texture_Female_south"

The "Texture" file is meant to just be what the clothes look like on the ground or in a menu. Some mod conflict is happening here I bet. Not sure what tho