Kurin HAF Remake *Suggestion thread*

I don't know what a Poll title is or does  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Should I Just delete this topic?

• Delete it
    • keep it

This poll is closed to new votes

What do you think about making HAR edition without texture by making original Kurin as a texture dependency?
Specifically for the workshop upload, you know
Since people are mad about you stealing stuff, this way it is technically a patch isn't it?

Bug Report: Just updated to the most recent Git version, and it seems that all stockings appear as giant pink squares. I checked the texture folder to see if something was missing, but all the png files are in the right place. Not sure what's going on.

2 hours ago, Car Fax said:

Bug Report: Just updated to the most recent Git version, and it seems that all stockings appear as giant pink squares. I checked the texture folder to see if something was missing, but all the png files are in the right place. Not sure what's going on.

that really shouldn't be happening. are you sure you have the right version? and when did you download the version you used before updating?

I've not had any other people report something like that, and i've not seen it myself. give me a hugslog with ctrl+f12

11 hours ago, Car Fax said:

Same problem. I don't know how it going but it can be resolve by making new stockings . Do not use that old stockings.

20 hours ago, MaroonToon said:

that really shouldn't be happening. are you sure you have the right version? and when did you download the version you used before updating?

I've not had any other people report something like that, and i've not seen it myself. give me a hugslog with ctrl+f12

I haven't had time to yet, but I'm going to test what preglover said a little later.

The previous version I had was from the git, I downloaded over a week ago. The most recent version I downloaded yesterday, April 11, was updated about 8 days ago from that date.

If it makes a difference, I completely removed the old version before installing the new one, no overwrites.

Heroes at work here. Genuflaction and praise.

This is a wish thread right? Don't want to sound greedy, so be sure I am thankfull as heck for what you have done and still do.

My wishes going around apparel - again - and hitting the same button as others before: usefull apparel.

The Kurin's are missing some worker gear and gasmasks and protection. The social buffs of their apparel is insane significant, but the rest is somwhat lacking.

Also question: all those Kurin patches for EPOE, RBSE, DE Surgeries and the Kurin tail weapons for Prosthetic combat... do they apply to your version?

22 hours ago, Car Fax said:

I haven't had time to yet, but I'm going to test what preglover said a little later.

The previous version I had was from the git, I downloaded over a week ago. The most recent version I downloaded yesterday, April 11, was updated about 8 days ago from that date.

If it makes a difference, I completely removed the old version before installing the new one, no overwrites.

make sure you download the right branch. i suppose i should make that clearer.

20 hours ago, Evilokami said:

Is there going to be a Kurin specific power armor?

It kinda sucks to have all this cute clothing, then you go and put your can of soup on and can't see them anymore.

without artwork, I can't add anything new.

3 hours ago, CYFire said:

Heroes at work here. Genuflaction and praise.

This is a wish thread right? Don't want to sound greedy, so be sure I am thankfull as heck for what you have done and still do.

My wishes going around apparel - again - and hitting the same button as others before: usefull apparel.

The Kurin's are missing some worker gear and gasmasks and protection. The social buffs of their apparel is insane significant, but the rest is somwhat lacking.

Also question: all those Kurin patches for EPOE, RBSE, DE Surgeries and the Kurin tail weapons for Prosthetic combat... do they apply to your version?

none of those patches will work as far as i know and i can't add new apparel/items without artwork. You can use other mods clothing on kurin if you really want to.

It really isn't a big deal, but the word "traditional" is misspelled in four types of apparel:

Kurin Tranditionnal coat --> Kurin traditional coat
Kurin traditionnal fancy dress --> Kurin traditional fancy dress
Kurin traditionnal luxury dress --> Kurin traditional luxury dress
Kurin traditionnal simple dress --> Kurin traditional simple dress

Thanks for your work!

14 hours ago, FalteringHeight said:

It really isn't a big deal, but the word "traditional" is misspelled in four types of apparel:

Kurin Tranditionnal coat --> Kurin traditional coat
Kurin traditionnal fancy dress --> Kurin traditional fancy dress
Kurin traditionnal luxury dress --> Kurin traditional luxury dress
Kurin traditionnal simple dress --> Kurin traditional simple dress

Thanks for your work!

Yeah i noticed lol. actually an error with the original mod that caused me errors in the past. only recently realized that the label was also misspelled. I'll fix it in the next update.

4 hours ago, Xarctus said:

I'm seeing an issue where Kurin-specific clothing is being forced to normal quality when put in a stockpile, regardless of original quality.  Is that expected or some sort of mod conflict?

I have no idea. I have a few errors with apparel that i'm trying to figure out atm.

A little bit off-topic, but how much knowledge is required to update a race mod to 1.1?

"Momu Race" mod on the workshop hasn't been touched in almost 6 months, and it doesn't seem like author is interested in updating it. I figured since I like the race enough, I'll make my first attempt at modding by trying to update it.

So where would I even begin?

I tried to make the race compatible with "[NL] Facial Animations" mod, it seems to work except for one detail, the eyes of the Kurin race are overlapping with the ones from FA. Does anyone have a fix to this? I don't mind changing the xml files by myself but I don't know where to look at. Thanks.

Edit : After some more inspections, it is not just the eyes but the entire face overlay (eyes, mouth, nose) that overlaps. How to tell the mod to stop using these textures without getting these purple ugly squares instead (I guess it's the way the game interpret missing textures)?

4 hours ago, Car Fax said:

A little bit off-topic, but how much knowledge is required to update a race mod to 1.1?

"Momu Race" mod on the workshop hasn't been touched in almost 6 months, and it doesn't seem like author is interested in updating it. I figured since I like the race enough, I'll make my first attempt at modding by trying to update it.

So where would I even begin?

shouldn't be too hard i imagine. would have to look for changes that were made in 1.1 and update accordingly. i would like to help you more, but i've got a lot on my hands at the moment.

2 hours ago, FlowShi said:

I tried to make the race compatible with "[NL] Facial Animations" mod, it seems to work except for one detail, the eyes of the Kurin race are overlapping with the ones from FA. Does anyone have a fix to this? I don't mind changing the xml files by myself but I don't know where to look at. Thanks.

Edit : After some more inspections, it is not just the eyes but the entire face overlay (eyes, mouth, nose) that overlaps. How to tell the mod to stop using these textures without getting these purple ugly squares instead (I guess it's the way the game interpret missing textures)?

the face is an addon. disable that addon and it will no longer appear. just removing the textures will cause problems galore. you can find it in the race file.

2 hours ago, insom967 said:

Is it possible to tag some of the apparel as royal for having Kurin's with royalty?

yes. i'm working on applying the right royal tags for apparel.  at the moment only some of the apparel is marked for royalty and i haven't tested it much.

6 minutes ago, papaya12 said:

How do I fix this problem

Tried to get a resource "Kurin/Apparel/Overhead/Military_Helmet_B/Texture" from a different thread. All resources must be loaded in the main thread.

I'm planning a massive update to the factions that includes many bug fixes. i don't know what i did to fix the military helmet, but it works on my version. for now you can try the testing branch and see if that fixes it. Warning! it might not be save compatible!

25 minutes ago, MaroonToon said:

the face is an addon. disable that addon and it will no longer appear. just removing the textures will cause problems galore. you can find it in the race file.

You mean in the Race.xml under the <bodyAddon> tag?