[mod] Rimworld 1.3: Nephila Hyperpregnancy Race Mod

Hmm. Well, I'm right that it's a pawn generation error. Seems like either something related to faction or gender assignment. The first few errors are related to a check for other mods (to keep robots and skellies from transforming) and shouldn't be the root issue. Try removing every mod that isn't something the Nephila mod is dependent on and let me know if you still encounter issues. If you do, just in case, try installing the Rimworld of Magic mod and see if the transformations trigger. That would mean there's something going on with the modded race check.

3 hours ago, HiveBro said:

Hmm. Well, I'm right that it's a pawn generation error. Seems like either something related to faction or gender assignment. The first few errors are related to a check for other mods (to keep robots and skellies from transforming) and shouldn't be the root issue. Try removing every mod that isn't something the Nephila mod is dependent on and let me know if you still encounter issues. If you do, just in case, try installing the Rimworld of Magic mod and see if the transformations trigger. That would mean there's something going on with the modded race check.

I believe I found the problem, I tried messing with my load order, autosort had messed it up from the order of "Core -> Hugslib -> JecsTools -> Alien Races Framework -> Verb Expansion Framework -> [Nephila core mod] -> RJW -> RJW Race Support" that you had listed. While the save I had before still wasn't working, starting a new scenario fixed the issue and the transformations seem to be happening correctly now.

On 2/22/2022 at 3:46 AM, HiveBro said:

Hmm. Serpent Pulse and Call of Lust not working is odd. I've tested both in the newest build. Perhaps it's a mod conflict? You'd have to experiment to determine if there are mods blocking the effects. My first guess would be anything that might edit hediffs (like medical or surgery mods).

Looking at that error log, there does seem to be something going on with duplicate elements in the Nephilitic Eden biome. Other than that, I don't see what could be causing the issues. I still strongly suspect that it's a research issue (though perhaps a bug/mod issue blocking it off). Are you 100% certain you've already researched the "Secrets of the Nehpilim" technology?

and regarding the tech aparently, the problem lays in that the armor is tied to power armor research, carved lance is chargue munitions, the bed is bound to the hospital bed and i still have to figure how to build the pool of scytillating colors

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/24/2022 at 5:30 PM, carl1237 said:

I believe I found the problem, I tried messing with my load order, autosort had messed it up from the order of "Core -> Hugslib -> JecsTools -> Alien Races Framework -> Verb Expansion Framework -> [Nephila core mod] -> RJW -> RJW Race Support" that you had listed. While the save I had before still wasn't working, starting a new scenario fixed the issue and the transformations seem to be happening correctly now.

Glad to hear it. 

On 3/1/2022 at 4:35 PM, Madness1 said:

so i was  just doing a ritual,  wiht vanilla expanded memes and such and imagine my surprise as the ritual mean to call insects summons 2 fuking nephila grand matronsXD

Apparently Ideology changed insect raids to trigger off of flesh types and Nephila are summoned as a consequence. I'm going to have to revisit Nephila flesh types in the future to get things working properly.

Glad to hear you started finding the techs. Pool of Colors requires Advanced Fabrication, Vitals Monitor, and the Nephila unlocker tech.

• 1 month later...

so im not sure if im doing something wrong, i dont seem to be able to research the 'secrets of nephilim' research tree, my colonist are able research anything else including things from other mods, but no matter how long a wait they never research it, so as far as i can tell im stuck progression wise.

also im not sure if, this is intended or not, but my starting colonist ( from the awakened empire start) got sick with the nephalia sickness again because of the fog and i didnt treat them assuming it wouldnt do anything to them, it eventually transformed them again, and reset their nehepelia progress, and reshufled their their stats, as well as physical traits (size of breast, and belly), but it also actually deleted the original character and made a new character based on  the old one (they have diferent last names and backstory and were no longer bonded to any previous animal)

Edited by MistaLanxes
forgot to add everything
19 hours ago, MistaLanxes said:

so im not sure if im doing something wrong, i dont seem to be able to research the 'secrets of nephilim' research tree, my colonist are able research anything else including things from other mods, but no matter how long a wait they never research it, so as far as i can tell im stuck progression wise.

also im not sure if, this is intended or not, but my starting colonist ( from the awakened empire start) got sick with the nephalia sickness again because of the fog and i didnt treat them assuming it wouldnt do anything to them, it eventually transformed them again, and reset their nehepelia progress, and reshufled their their stats, as well as physical traits (size of breast, and belly), but it also actually deleted the original character and made a new character based on  the old one (they have diferent last names and backstory and were no longer bonded to any previous animal)

Yeah I have that issue with research as well. Since it's only 90 points on a tribal start, I have my researcher work on something else and switch to it, which causes them to research it for a while.

I want to say this is genuinely one of the best mods out there, period. I hope it continues to get updated and expanded, I love this, even without the smut.

On 5/10/2022 at 5:57 PM, SCRUBLORDPICKLE said:

Nephila Grand Matron textures are completely borked.

At the risk of being a stupid question, did you set the 'Zoom Target Value' in 'Pawn Render Patch For HD'?
The whole point of requiring that mod is to prevent this exact issue.

16 hours ago, Trinios said:

At the risk of being a stupid question, did you set the 'Zoom Target Value' in 'Pawn Render Patch For HD'?
The whole point of requiring that mod is to prevent this exact issue.

Well, you helped me figure out that I had the mod downloaded, but not enabled. Thanks.

I was doing a translation into Russian of one third-party mod, where there are "nephiles". I can't even roughly understand the concepts of this race even after reading the description. The name "nephiles" refers to spiders, but they are not spiders at all, what are they at all. For now, I left it with a translation purely in sound, because perhaps this does not relate to this mod at all, although I doubt it.
Heeelp... I broke my brain trying to solve this.

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone have the issue where with this mod loaded and starting a new colony, nothing spawns ?

I mean no items and especially no pawns at all.

i am facing this issue, tried to use the version from here and the one you get from coffee, also was shifting around load order a lot but no way i manage to actualy start a new game with this loaded.

On 5/21/2022 at 7:22 PM, Akaluto said:

I was doing a translation into Russian of one third-party mod, where there are "nephiles". I can't even roughly understand the concepts of this race even after reading the description. The name "nephiles" refers to spiders, but they are not spiders at all, what are they at all. For now, I left it with a translation purely in sound, because perhaps this does not relate to this mod at all, although I doubt it.

It's an Ancient Greek thing. Nephila in Ancient Greek means "fond of spinning." No idea what the connection is.

On 5/22/2022 at 2:22 AM, Akaluto said:

On 6/4/2022 at 6:21 AM, smurf123smurf said:

It's an Ancient Greek thing. Nephila in Ancient Greek means "fond of spinning." No idea what the connection is.

It is actually a Biblical thing. The nephilim were the descendants of fallen angels and mortals. This mod uses a lot of Hebrew terms related to angels.

3 minutes ago, Contemplator523111 said:

I'm not sure where to write about this, but I'm sure that my problem is not related to this mod, but maybe someone knows about it, the fact is that a pawn exceeding its usual size is not drawn as it should, from the outside it looks like a large square in which you can see a piece of texture, as I understand it, this is some kind of restriction, but I don’t understand how to remove it

You need a mod to fix that, like Pawn Render Patch for HD

Nice mod, but the update was quite a while ago, is it already abandoned? That would be sad. I liked the seraphim and cherubs, good pets for defense at the beginning and easy to tame, female seraphim in turn provide a good supply of food for the first time. But the empire’s nephil system is pretty bad, I didn’t quite understand why it was needed, so I probably won’t add this faction to the map, from the minuses there is also a race of slaves that look like ordinary people but are not like that, which is why facial animation mods are not displayed on them for example.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...