[AAF] "The Fucking Manual" ~ Adult oriented setup guide 7th/April/2024).

Trying to figure out what's seen as a "DoubleBed" to trigger the double bed animations. Is there a mod or am I slow and just not seeing the double bed in game?

EDIT: Just to make sure I wasn't missing something, I tried out all the furniture pieces with "Double Bed" in their name. Still no dice, AAF doesn't pick them up when I scan for furniture to use in animations.

3 hours ago, spectacularryu said:

Trying to figure out what's seen as a "DoubleBed" to trigger the double bed animations. Is there a mod or am I slow and just not seeing the double bed in game?

EDIT: Just to make sure I wasn't missing something, I tried out all the furniture pieces with "Double Bed" in their name. Still no dice, AAF doesn't pick them up when I scan for furniture to use in animations.

You can find id's of doublebeds in furnituredata.xml 's in your data/aaf folder

47 minutes ago, sebway2k3 said:

I don't know what i am doing wrong, i've been trying to make this work but the game either freezes when i'm going in the clothes menu or i get this (see picture). Can anyone help me out with this ?

Just a guess but you mite of missed something like Zaz Extended Skeleton or a mod like that that edits the body.

18 hours ago, qasdf said:

Thank you for the guide.

It must be difficult to keep hitting a moving target.

Given i'm a part of the AAF Discord "staff" where Dago (AAF), Halstrom (Themes) and most animators/mdoders are in, it really isn't. I'm updated with changes as soon as they come up x)

In any case, you're welcome x)

2 hours ago, sebway2k3 said:

I don't know what i am doing wrong, i've been trying to make this work but the game either freezes when i'm going in the clothes menu or i get this (see picture). Can anyone help me out with this ?

Game freezing when hitting "c" for clothes is a long time known bug with LooksMenu. Wait until you're outside the vault, manually undress your character from your pip-boy and then in console type "slm 14" without the quotation marks.

As for the boobs stretching as you move away from the mirror, it happens from time to time. I have a perfect setup going on and it happens to me aswell.

Use "slm 14" after you leave the vault to edit your character's body. Just edit their face when you're in the intro.

1 hour ago, mashup47 said:

Just a guess but you mite of missed something like Zaz Extended Skeleton or a mod like that that edits the body.

It happens to me aswell and i have everything setup correctly. Happens from time to time even while having the Skeleton working correctly.

On 7/2/2020 at 4:02 PM, maddadicusrex said:

I have to say that you are letting your beef with Indarello affect your opinion of the worth of his mod. As much as your guide helped me get past AAF version 133 getting stuck at 30%, my AAF version 133 is working perfectly fine with Indarello's patch. no glitches, no crashes, no end of the world event. My males morph, squirt, deflate on command.  AAF created all the new game issues by not leaving AAF alone and tinkering with stuff that no one actually sees as an ingame improvement. Now AAF 139 does not work for me using all the same parameters that are working now as we speak with AAF 133. Why, because he tinkered again. Why is that our fault, Indarello's fault, One Patch's fault? Modders picking winners and losers is not working well for us, the average gamer.

I used Indarello's patch myself for a long time but the way he made it with:

1. Backwards morph value for erections and it needing a patch to be made for that very reason (Silver's Erection Fix)
  2. Removing Theme Tags options
  3. Old af BodyTalk body with old morph values

It's just pointless.

People can use it for all i care but i'm not giving support for it whatsoever. They can go cry on his modpage when installing it screwes something up.

There's already a general Erection Morph Value and Themes Tags mod that AAF itself and almost every other single modder works closely with.

He can do his own thing but as long as that's the case, it won't be supported by AAF/Themes/Animators staff themselves in the very own Official AAF Discord. He's one of the very few modders who aren't in it and wants to do his own thing. It's not about picking winners or losers but taking into account what works well together generally without breaking anything else. He's not taking into account everyone else's work and doing his own thing so why should any of use even bother taking his work into account when he doesn't even try to talk to everyone else and attempt to make it work well with everyone else's work?

He's more than welcome to come work with everyone else for what it's worth.

On another note. Everything's working fine on my end with the latest version of everything WITHOUT Indarello's Patch. So..

You're more than welcome to join the AAF Discord and discuss these things with the people that make AAF, Themes and Animations.

I just make and update the guide taking into account what works and what doesn't work well together.

On 7/2/2020 at 5:39 PM, rjrc said:

I have spent 2 hours making tries with Tantacus / indarello /  Saya_Scarlett guides.

Installing from scratch, only body and bodyslide, and following guides step by step, last version of mods :

- Tantacus Staged Fix works perfectly fine

- Saya_Scarlett guide same thing

- Indarello last version of his patch is stuck 30% and i just can't figure what is wrong.  Previous version was ok though. So i gave up and with Cum Overlay i don't loose much (if any)

Thank you Saya_Scarlett for making this guide and keeping it updated 

You're most welcome.

On 7/3/2020 at 5:02 AM, maddadicusrex said:

I have to say that you are letting your beef with Indarello affect your opinion of the worth of his mod. As much as your guide helped me get past AAF version 133 getting stuck at 30%, my AAF version 133 is working perfectly fine with Indarello's patch. no glitches, no crashes, no end of the world event. My males morph, squirt, deflate on command.  AAF created all the new game issues by not leaving AAF alone and tinkering with stuff that no one actually sees as an ingame improvement. Now AAF 139 does not work for me using all the same parameters that are working now as we speak with AAF 133. Why, because he tinkered again. Why is that our fault, Indarello's fault, One Patch's fault? Modders picking winners and losers is not working well for us, the average gamer.

That's an outright lie, given how much of an improvement to load times there's been for many people, from 133 to 139.

On 7/3/2020 at 6:39 AM, rjrc said:

I have spent 2 hours making tries with Tantacus / indarello /  Saya_Scarlett guides.

Installing from scratch, only body and bodyslide, and following guides step by step, last version of mods :

- Tantacus Staged Fix works perfectly fine

- Saya_Scarlett guide same thing

- Indarello last version of his patch is stuck 30% and i just can't figure what is wrong.  Previous version was ok though. So i gave up and with Cum Overlay i don't loose much (if any)

Thank you Saya_Scarlett for making this guide and keeping it updated 

On 7/3/2020 at 6:44 AM, maddadicusrex said:

I could not get Indarello's current version to work with AAF 139, but everything works great with AAF 133. I do not know what is different between the 2 AAF versions, but it is the changes to AAF and not Indarello.

There's several causes of that, including errors in XML's, however, despite preferring a different XML format from 135+, AAF still reads the "old" format just fine.

If either of you can narrow it down to an issue with AAF interpreting an XML or seeming to crash on loading a specific XML, and more importantly, can replicate that issue with a generic XML with no 'real' data in it, feel free to post it in the AAF Tech support thread here, or on the discord, which also has an example of the QA format to test out/narrow things down so Dago can address issues.

The vast majority of issues are formatting-related, and given what I witnessed in Indar's XML's the last time I used it, I would not be surprised to find out his XML's have one or more of these issues causing AAF to crash on loading.

29 minutes ago, Saya_Scarlett said:

He's one of the very few modders who aren't in it and wants to do his own thing. It's not about picking winners or losers but taking into account what works well together generally without breaking anything else. He's not taking into account everyone else's work and doing his own thing so why should any of use even bother taking his work into account when he doesn't even try to talk to everyone else and attempt to make it work well with everyone else's work?

On 7/3/2020 at 6:44 AM, maddadicusrex said:

Why is that our fault, Indarello's fault, One Patch's fault?

And this, is precisely why it is "indarello's fault".
If he wants to go off and do his own thing, that's his business, but he can support it and any compatibility issues that arise from it.

Decided to start a new game. I updated all of my mods and set everything up per page one of this guide. Got rid of the one patch, got rid of Indarello and other obsolete patches as recommend. So far everything seems to be working without a hitch.

Thanks for keeping this thing updated. You saved me a lot of time and frustration.

44 minutes ago, comradebillyboy said:

Decided to start a new game. I updated all of my mods and set everything up per page one of this guide. Got rid of the one patch, got rid of Indarello and other obsolete patches as recommend. So far everything seems to be working without a hitch.

Thanks for keeping this thing updated. You saved me a lot of time and frustration.

Glad to hear that ?

is there an ideal ( i don't mean perfect ofc) esp order anywhere , maybe on discord?

I mean only for the numbered list of mods on the OP 

..or, would anyone one that has their aaf running well post a small screenshot or small text file of the order they have it in?

(I have MO2, it's great for many things, but I know the OP of this thread doesn't seem to like MO2..    and It doesn't sort the esps unless I run loot..  

which I read that I'm not supposed to do that)

1 hour ago, shadowclone0 said:

is there an ideal ( i don't mean perfect ofc) esp order anywhere , maybe on discord?

..or, would anyone one that has their aaf running well post a small screenshot or small text file of the order they have it in?

(I have MO2, it's great for many things, but I know the OP of this thread doesn't seem to like MO2..    and It doesn't sort the esps unless I run loot..  

Follow and install in the order that they appear 1 to 23.

Nobody has mentioned this, but have the various fusion girl bodyslide files been updated to the new 1.6 body?  I ask this because it is stated on the 2nd/3rd page of the comments for fusion girl (nexus page) that all the bodyslide files will need to be redone for the 1.6 fusion girl body, if you are looking for the post it is dated 14th of june, I am wondering if some of the problems may be coming from this, if they have not been updated or people are using a mix of the old and new versions of fusion girl.

Not sure if this is the right place to post this but I need help..

I installed everything from this article/topic, followed every step and it works! HOWEVER, when I save my game and exit FO4, the next time I start it I get CTD. I can get to main menu, and I can start new game, but when I'm trying to load previous save it just crashes. Now I know that I've installed F4SE and AAF correctly since both of them work (I tested them), but I have no idea what's causing this issue. Also, when I get killed or if I just load earlier save mid-game I also experience CTD after 2 or 3 of these loading screens. Any help?

Oh and yes, one more thing..

I wouldn't post anything here, but I'm doing it anyway since that guy/troll/user indarello destroyed my game. See, before June 24, all animations, as well as AAF itself (and nearly 230 other mods) were working brilliantly. 99.9% of the time the game was stable, no CTDs, no freezes, it just worked. Then I (I have no idea why) patched all these animations using his patch. It didn't work. My AAF was broken. After many hours of trying I gave up and decided to completely reinstall AAF and its animations. It worked.. I could feel that the game is unstable, something was wrong. MCM failed. I have no idea why or how, I just know that whenever I wanted to change something with MCM I'd experience CTD. After many hours of troubleshooting and trying, I uninstalled everything and started from fresh. It took me way longer than it should. And the game still doesn't work as it used to.

My point is... I don't need to have the most recent, freshly updated animation packs and AAF, I can live without these new features.. What I want is a stable game, something that works. If anybody knows what might cause these CTDs or has any suggestion, I'd seriously appreciate help. I'm desperate and I've wasted so many hours on trying to fix this..

2 hours ago, roten_man said:

I installed everything from this article/topic, followed every step and it works! HOWEVER, when I save my game and exit FO4, the next time I start it I get CTD. I can get to main menu, and I can start new game, but when I'm trying to load previous save it just crashes. Now I know that I've installed F4SE and AAF correctly since both of them work (I tested them), but I have no idea what's causing this issue. Also, when I get killed or if I just load earlier save mid-game I also experience CTD after 2 or 3 of these loading screens. Any help?

I wouldn't post anything here, but I'm doing it anyway since that guy/troll/user indarello destroyed my game. See, before June 24, all animations, as well as AAF itself (and nearly 230 other mods) were working brilliantly. 99.9% of the time the game was stable, no CTDs, no freezes, it just worked. Then I (I have no idea why) patched all these animations using his patch. It didn't work. My AAF was broken. After many hours of trying I gave up and decided to completely reinstall AAF and its animations. It worked.. I could feel that the game is unstable, something was wrong. MCM failed. I have no idea why or how, I just know that whenever I wanted to change something with MCM I'd experience CTD. After many hours of troubleshooting and trying, I uninstalled everything and started from fresh. It took me way longer than it should. And the game still doesn't work as it used to.

My point is... I don't need to have the most recent, freshly updated animation packs and AAF, I can live without these new features.. What I want is a stable game, something that works. If anybody knows what might cause these CTDs or has any suggestion, I'd seriously appreciate help. I'm desperate and I've wasted so many hours on trying to fix this..

if you follow the new list on the OP post, I started my aaf list over again and now it works even without that ONE patch..   if you do that, (and update all animations and mods on the list(I mean the ones you use)) you will at least know it isn't aaf

..also, I forgot to say this.. but in the past sometimes aaf would get messed up (this is like a year ago maybe, who knows)  and I would have to go to a earlier save..   now I think aaf is more stable

6 hours ago, Varithina said:

Nobody has mentioned this, but have the various fusion girl bodyslide files been updated to the new 1.6 body?  I ask this because it is stated on the 2nd/3rd page of the comments for fusion girl (nexus page) that all the bodyslide files will need to be redone for the 1.6 fusion girl body, if you are looking for the post it is dated 14th of june, I am wondering if some of the problems may be coming from this, if they have not been updated or people are using a mix of the old and new versions of fusion girl.

Yes, some outfits/conversions are fucked and need to be redone.

The ones i wear luckily aren't.

In any case, this isn't really the place for this tbh. Should probable rave on FG page, maybe they'll unfuck what they did if enough people complain in the actual mod page.

10 hours ago, shadowclone0 said:

As far as this list / AAF itself goes, plugin order means shit. As long as ESM -> ESP you're fine.

Mod/install order is what matters. Download Links list for AAF/Animations/Patches is the literal MOD order on MO2's left panel.... you know, as it says right above it.

I do like MO2 btw. I recommend it along with Vortex.

I don't like Nexus Mod Manager because the way it handles files is atrocious and it WILL fuck something up. It is also a nightmare to troubleshoot. When NMM installs files, it just slaps it all into your game folder and i has no smart managment of files whatsoever like Vortex or MO2 do.

And when you remove a mod that replaced files from another mod, guess what... It doesn't revert the changes. It just removes the files entirely.

NMM should be taken out back and shot. There's a reason why Nexus itself ditched the damned thing in favor of Vortex.

6 hours ago, roten_man said:

I'll take a wild guess.

VIS/VIS-G installed? Pip-Pad? Sim Settlements? DEF_UI? The more UI related mods you have installed (AAF counts as one), the more chances you get of your game straight up CTDing. This is a known limitation of the game's engine.

13 minutes ago, Saya_Scarlett said:

Yes, some outfits/conversions are fucked and need to be redone.

The ones i wear luckily aren't.

In any case, this isn't really the place for this tbh. Should probable rave on FG page, maybe they'll unfuck what they did if enough people complain in the actual mod page.

I was thinking more along the lines off, if the body etc is not being build properly, then the framework not actually talking to the correct stuff, though I have no idea if this is a potential problem or not, hence my question, and I would hardly call my post a rave.

1 hour ago, Varithina said:

I was thinking more along the lines off, if the body etc is not being build properly, then the framework not actually talking to the correct stuff, though I have no idea if this is a potential problem or not, hence my question, and I would hardly call my post a rave.

She was implying raving about the issue on FG's page might help, rather than your comment here being one :P|

That said, shouldn't be an issue, really.
At worst, some outfits and such will look fucked, but the main issue would be the slider names, if anything, but those haven't changed.
Particularly since it wasn't done to BodyTalk, thankfully.
I'd rather not find out what'd happen if the same was done to that :D

15 hours ago, Saya_Scarlett said:

Game freezing when hitting "c" for clothes is a long time known bug with LooksMenu. Wait until you're outside the vault, manually undress your character from your pip-boy and then in console type "slm 14" without the quotation marks.

As for the boobs stretching as you move away from the mirror, it happens from time to time. I have a perfect setup going on and it happens to me aswell.

Use "slm 14" after you leave the vault to edit your character's body. Just edit their face when you're in the intro.

It works !!!! thanks a lot !

4 hours ago, Saya_Scarlett said:

I'll take a wild guess.

VIS/VIS-G installed? Pip-Pad? Sim Settlements? DEF_UI? The more UI related mods you have installed (AAF counts as one), the more chances you get of your game straight up CTDing. This is a known limitation of the game's engine.

The only UI-related mods I have are HUDFramework, DEF_UI, Active Effects On HUD, and Survival Stats Widget (only for playing on survival)

7 hours ago, shadowclone0 said:

if you follow the new list on the OP post, I started my aaf list over again and now it works even without that ONE patch..   if you do that, (and update all animations and mods on the list(I mean the ones you use)) you will at least know it isn't aaf

..also, I forgot to say this.. but in the past sometimes aaf would get messed up (this is like a year ago maybe, who knows)  and I would have to go to a earlier save..   now I think aaf is more stable

What do you mean 'without that ONE patch...'? Are you talking about the one patch to bang/rule them all? I've used it in the past and it worked, but atm I don't have it.

Since I do not use the old animation packs, I tried removing the One Patch and the game loads up fine. I did not realize strapons are in the One Patch and though I am using an old Vios Strap on , my strapons do not appear in sex. What are you folks using for strapons if you do not use the One Patch..?

2 hours ago, roten_man said:

The only UI-related mods I have are HUDFramework, DEF_UI, Active Effects On HUD, and Survival Stats Widget (only for playing on survival)

I had all the AAF mods from this guide and DEF_UI + VIS-G = CTD appeared, removed VIS-G - CTD disappeared. Delivered DEF_UI + HUDFramework using "HUDFramework auto-patcher" for the file "HUDMenu.swf" + Companion Status HUD = CTD may happen when opening the perks sheet from pip-boy (T button) (CTD is not present if you do this immediately after loading the saved game )

Maybe the reason is HUDFramework + Active Effects On HUD, and Survival Stats Widget

I read somewhere on the Nexus or here that the .swf interface file processing system is limited in capabilities and if it is overloaded (AAF + DEF_UI + HUDFramework + widgets) then the game will crash.