yea' date=' ill work on that either tonight or tommrow and see how it works out

[/quote']

The trick is to keep the name of the base mesh, whatever it is, and append _ba# to that name for each break mesh.

So if the base mesh is meshname01.nif, the break meshes should be meshname01_ba1.nif, meshname01_ba2.nif, meshname01_ba3.nif, etc.

A new bug to report. I started a new game with the alternative start and it froze my game a few seconds after I made a new character pretty consistently. I was able to finally start a new game when I'd disabled BreakArmor.

Hmm... Looks like it's ok to me. And no console spam other than initializing or saving messages.

I used skiptutorial v3 to avoid the tutorial

I guess that alternate start refers to some mod that lets you start from some other cities? What exactly that mod?

Need a clean oblivion test here

keep in mind now with all the bu dungeons in the game' date=' my active plugin count is 195, so if they dont work for you i can almost guarentee it is a load order issue/bad install, my games modded to the point of breaking and it functioned on the first try with no tweaking

[/quote']

That's good if it's going well. :-9 The main reason BU dungeons were buggy was due to the buggy nature of BUFramework. The other reasons were, well, they are incomplete, pretty much alpha state.

Many folks in here often hit over 300 plugins and so was I once before. But that doesn't matter, the important thing is tons of unnecessary scripts from BUF run and do nothing but burden your cpu from behind the scene.

That's good if it's going well. :-9 The main reason BU dungeons were buggy was due to the buggy nature of BUFramework. The other reasons were' date=' well, they are incomplete, pretty much alpha state.

Many folks in here often hit over 300 plugins and so was I once before. But that doesn't matter, the important thing is tons of unnecessary scripts from BUF run and do nothing but burden your cpu from behind the scene.

[/quote']

Yep. One of the biggest goals with all of the recent BreakArmor releases (1.05+) has been to minimize CPU load whenever possible.

So, although BreakArmor is designed to run every single frame, the entire framework runs only a single gamemode script that performs a single "action" per frame, no matter how many NPC's are in the scene.

yea' date=' ill work on that either tonight or tommrow and see how it works out

[/quote']

The trick is to keep the name of the base mesh, whatever it is, and append _ba# to that name for each break mesh.

So if the base mesh is meshname01.nif, the break meshes should be meshname01_ba1.nif, meshname01_ba2.nif, meshname01_ba3.nif, etc.

simply renaming them didnt actually change anything, might be because im using that "pre packaged no work" install thats in the downloads section.

simply renaming them didnt actually change anything' date=' might be because im using that "pre packaged no work" install thats in the downloads section.

[/quote']

OK, go into the breakarmor ini file

set the debugging status to this:

;Enable console status messages

set aaBACycle.debugMsg to 1

Then, when you encounter an NPC with the armor on, check the console and see if the armor meshes were found.

If the meshes are found and still not breaking properly, set the debugging status to

set aaBACycle.debugMsg to 2

Now the console should report the health of all tracked items, so you can be certain that they aren't breaking when they are supposed.

simply renaming them didnt actually change anything' date=' might be because im using that "pre packaged no work" install thats in the downloads section.

[/quote']

OK, go into the breakarmor ini file

set the debugging status to this:

set aaBACycle.debugMsg to 1

Then, when you encounter an NPC with the armor on, check the console and see if the armor meshes were found.

If the meshes are found and still not breaking properly, set the debugging status to

set aaBACycle.debugMsg to 2

Now the console should report the health of all tracked items, so you can be certain that they aren't breaking when they are supposed.

ill work on that sometime in the future, for now i had to uninstall bu dungeon, the 20 plugins it took to get it, and all the dungeons put me over my mod cap apparently and everything exploded, so i have to be careful and only add stuff i really want from now on

ill work on that sometime in the future' date=' for now i had to uninstall bu dungeon, the 20 plugins it took to get it, and all the dungeons put me over my mod cap apparently and everything exploded, so i have to be careful and only add stuff i really want from now on

[/quote']

The trick is to start merging mods together. If I ever decide to try and install BU dungeons again (I never could get my game to start with it enabled), I'll probably merge all of the dungeons into a single esp (or even into the main esm).

ill work on that sometime in the future' date=' for now i had to uninstall bu dungeon, the 20 plugins it took to get it, and all the dungeons put me over my mod cap apparently and everything exploded, so i have to be careful and only add stuff i really want from now on

[/quote']

The trick is to start merging mods together. If I ever decide to try and install BU dungeons again (I never could get my game to start with it enabled), I'll probably merge all of the dungeons into a single esp (or even into the main esm).

Oh yeah if you're willing then just do a little more work. I'd delete all the BU object scripts and unmaster the plugins from the main esm.

A new bug to report. I started a new game with the alternative start and it froze my game a few seconds after I made a new character pretty consistently. I was able to finally start a new game when I'd disabled BreakArmor.

Which alternate start mod are you running? I am unable to replicate the error.

Oh lovely. For some insane reason, that mod includes armor with a max health of 0, so I'm probably dividing by zero somewhere to get an impossible ratio. I suppose I'd better account for silly things like 0 max health armor.

Third rule of modding...never assume that some other modder won't do something completely off the wall wacky and unexpected.

This build enables Break Weapon support that will, with the appropriate meshes installed, allow weapons to show damage.

Fixes and Features:

1. Armor items with a 0 max health will now behave is if they were Break Clothing items, rather than Break Armor items. This means that their break state will be determined by health and and fatigue (governed by the CBHMult and CBFMult values in the ini file) This should eliminate crashes or freezes due to 0 max health armor items.

2. Break Weapon support has been added. Break Weapon follows the same naming convention as Break Armor and Break Clothing. Simply add appropriately named meshes to your weapon folders and Break Weapons will be automatically activated. Break Weapon can be enabled or disabled with the "set aaBACycle.BreakWeapon to #" entry in the ini file.

If all goes well, I'll update the front page post with Break Armor 1.10.

*Outdated Patch Removed*

just loaded up break weapons' date=' time to test it out, i think the hardest part will be actually finding a vanilla weapon in my game without ~killing a guard for one

[/quote']

The break weapon framework won't do anything without the meshes, so I created this pack of renamed vanilla weapon meshes when I was testing the code.

http://www.mediafire.com/?lp9a9f029na1mk9

Note: These are nothing more than renames vanilla meshes, so rather than show damage, the weapon mesh will change from one material type to another, based on damage (the weapon itself will be unchanged).

just loaded up break weapons' date=' time to test it out, i think the hardest part will be actually finding a vanilla weapon in my game without ~killing a guard for one

[/quote']

The break weapon framework won't do anything without the meshes, so I created this pack of renamed vanilla weapon meshes when I was testing the code.

http://www.mediafire.com/?lp9a9f029na1mk9

Note: These are nothing more than renames vanilla meshes, so rather than show damage, the weapon mesh will change from one material type to another, based on damage (the weapon itself will be unchanged).

ok ill throw that in and test, havnt had time to test yet anyway, found a bug, but im going ahead and marking it as a conflict with another of my mods, i dont see how this one could possibly be caused by break armor alone, but during the scripted event when the mythic dawn attack waylon priory, i cant actually approach or fast travel there without the game freezing, it doesnt crash, it just stops. i can get in fine before and after the event, and during the event without break armor, but like i said im almost positive it has to be a mix of mods thats stopping it

ok ill throw that in and test' date=' havnt had time to test yet anyway, found a bug, but im going ahead and marking it as a conflict with another of my mods, i dont see how this one could possibly be caused by break armor alone, but during the scripted event when the mythic dawn attack waylon priory, i cant actually approach or fast travel there without the game freezing, it doesnt crash, it just stops. i can get in fine before and after the event, and during the event without break armor, but like i said im almost positive it has to be a mix of mods thats stopping it

[/quote']

I wonder if it is due to summoned weapons/armor. Destroying/recreating summoned weapons and armor is probably a bad idea.

I'll add code to exclude summoned items from BreakArmor checks.

ok ill throw that in and test' date=' havnt had time to test yet anyway, found a bug, but im going ahead and marking it as a conflict with another of my mods, i dont see how this one could possibly be caused by break armor alone, but during the scripted event when the mythic dawn attack waylon priory, i cant actually approach or fast travel there without the game freezing, it doesnt crash, it just stops. i can get in fine before and after the event, and during the event without break armor, but like i said im almost positive it has to be a mix of mods thats stopping it

[/quote']

I wonder if it is due to summoned weapons/armor. Destroying/recreating summoned weapons and armor is probably a bad idea.

I'll add code to exclude summoned items from BreakArmor checks.

you know what, it just might be, every invader there was the type that once you kill, they go from full daedra back to robes, so they all wear conjured items, forcing them to requip might have crapped out my game, i never considered that because i hate conjured items, therefore never use them, let me conjure up a set or armor and quicksave and see if updating my armor crashes it

*edit, ok first test, no break armor on, added the spell "mythic dawn armor and mace" to myself and casted it, got the getup that they wear, worked normally, loaded break armor and tried again, the armor and mace load up and rougly half a second after they appear, the game locks up, just like at the priory, looks like when break armor tries to update conjured armor (namely 00022b37, thats the set that the mythic wear in the priory) the game stops funtioning.

you know what' date=' it just might be, every invader there was the type that once you kill, they go from full daedra back to robes, so they all wear conjured items, forcing them to requip might have crapped out my game, i never considered that because i hate conjured items, therefore never use them, let me conjure up a set or armor and quicksave and see if updating my armor crashes it

*edit, ok first test, no break armor on, added the spell "mythic dawn armor and mace" to myself and casted it, got the getup that they wear, worked normally, loaded break armor and tried again, the armor and mace load up and rougly half a second after they appear, the game locks up, just like at the priory, looks like when break armor tries to update conjured armor (namely 00022b37, thats the set that the mythic wear in the priory) the game stops funtioning.

[/quote']

Thanks for testing that. Now I just need to come up with a reliable and light method for determining whether or not an item is summoned.

Hmmm. This could be a problem...I can think of several ways to detect vanilla magic effects and/or summoned items, but I have no idea how to determine whether or not someone attached a pseudo-summon script effect to an item.

Hmm.

you know what' date=' it just might be, every invader there was the type that once you kill, they go from full daedra back to robes, so they all wear conjured items, forcing them to requip might have crapped out my game, i never considered that because i hate conjured items, therefore never use them, let me conjure up a set or armor and quicksave and see if updating my armor crashes it

[/quote']

Thanks for testing that. Now I just need to come up with a reliable and light method for determining whether or not an item is summoned.

Hmmm. This could be a problem...I can think of several ways to detect vanilla magic effects and/or summoned items, but I have no idea how to determine whether or not someone attached a pseudo-summon script effect to an item.

Hmm.

well, sorry i cant help with that part, i have no knowledge of scripting whatsoever. most i can do creationwise at this point is add things to the game world.

well' date=' sorry i cant help with that part, i have no knowledge of scripting whatsoever. most i can do creationwise at this point is add things to the game world.

[/quote']

I'm going to try using GetActiveEffectCodes and then running the passed codes through MagicEffectUsesWeapon and MagicEffectUsesArmor

That *should* capture any summoned weapons or armor...but we'll see.

well' date=' sorry i cant help with that part, i have no knowledge of scripting whatsoever. most i can do creationwise at this point is add things to the game world.

[/quote']

I'm going to try using GetActiveEffectCodes and then running the passed codes through MagicEffectUsesWeapon and MagicEffectUsesArmor

That *should* capture any summoned weapons or armor...but we'll see.

well ive already got the culprit armor summon spell on my character, so i can try it out once you get it written

well ive already got the culprit armor summon spell on my character' date=' so i can try it out once you get it written

[/quote']

OK, here's the next test version.

BreakArmor 1.10 Release Candidate B

This build enables Break Weapon support that will, with the appropriate meshes installed, allow weapons to show damage.

Fixes and Features:

1. Armor items with a 0 max health will now behave is if they were Break Clothing items, rather than Break Armor items. This means that their break state will be determined by health and and fatigue (governed by the CBHMult and CBFMult values in the ini file) This should eliminate crashes or freezes due to 0 max health armor items.

2. Break Weapon support has been added. Break Weapon follows the same naming convention as Break Armor and Break Clothing. Simply add appropriately named meshes to your weapon folders and Break Weapons will be automatically activated. Break Weapon can be enabled or disabled with the "set aaBACycle.BreakWeapon to #" entry in the ini file.

3. Bound summoned items are now excluded from BreakArmor mesh swaps. This should resolve freezing problems when fighting Mythic Dawn agents and other enemies that have been scripted to repeatedly summon weapons and armor.

4. Hotkeyed weapons should no longer be removed from vanilla hotkey slots on break events

*Outdated Patch Removed*

well ive already got the culprit armor summon spell on my character' date=' so i can try it out once you get it written

[/quote']

OK, here's the next test version.

BreakArmor 1.10 Release Candidate B

Fixes and Features:

3. Bound summoned items are now excluded from BreakArmor mesh swaps. This should resolve freezing problems when fighting Mythic Dawn agents and other enemies that have been scripted to repeatedly summon weapons and armor.

casting mythic dawn bound armor and mace on myself still causes the game to lock up only when breakarmor is on. since the spell is an npc only spell it might function differently than normal conjured items scripts, but since every memeber of the mythic dawn has it in their spellbook its not something that can really be overlooked. in the oblivion esm its spell 00022b37 if you want to see if it acts any differently from the player conjures.

by lock up i mean the picture and all mouse/keyboard controls stop funtioning, but for some reason the audio keeps playing, its like a half assed crash. so if done in a town your stuck looking at what looks like a screenshot but can still hear townchatter in the background.