@gerra6

I played oblivion a bit today ' date=' and I've noticed that my .obse file sizes are growing slowly but continiously.

SetBody.esp (749 strings)
   MiniMap.esp (121 strings)
   Nudeshy X.esp (45127 strings)
   BreakArmor.esp (4202 strings)

This is my obse log. A few days ago it was about 2800 strings. Not sure if this is problematic or not though.

[/quote']

Oh, I have same problem too. volumes of save.OBSE are growing slowly.

I didn't have confidence whether the BA is the cause of this problem or not.

But another people reported this now, so It need to be doubted.

almost everyone here is using a heavily modded game, so it can most likely be everything. and as i said, its not only the OBSE saves that grow, its also happening to vanilla savegames.

but we should consider the possibility of this being something that can be reduced in regards of how much this mods affects it.

SetBody.esp (749 strings)
   MiniMap.esp (121 strings)
   Nudeshy X.esp (45127 strings)
   BreakArmor.esp (4202 strings)

I'll dig through the code again and see if I can figure out any other possible ways for a string to escape purging.

*Edit*

OK, I think I've spotted it. It looks like there was a path through aaBAReturnNPCState that did not purge the NPCKey string. This function was written to report break states to other mods that request the status of a given NPC

The conditions that caused string bloat would have been fairly rare, however. It only occurred if the NPC passed to Break Armor was not currently tracked by Break Armor (NPC in another cell, etc). The latest version of Break Armor is pretty aggressive about pruning inactive NPC references from the tracking array (the first scan that an NPC doesn't show up in a getNextRef search, it is purged from the array), so this might occur more frequently now than in the past.

Depending on how the external mods run their query, this might have occurred enough to cause the sort of gradual bloat that is being described. But then again, it might not.

I'll keep looking and see if I can spot any other culprits.

I'll post a patch once I've dug through the code a bit more.

Break Armor 1.10.d Test

This test esp *should* resolve any remaining save bloat. Please let me know if any further save bloat is detected or experienced (and also if it is not).

I've also discovered that attempting to swap armor meshes on dead bodies can cause problems. This update disables break armor processing on dead npc's. It's a fairly minor issue, but I would like dead bodies to display the correct mesh, so I will see if I can come up with a solution.

*Edit* Just checking in. Has anyone had a chance to test the update? Does it fix the save bloat that you were experiencing? Any other issues?

BreakArmor_1.10_d_test.7z

Break Armor Update:

I've not received any reports of Bugs for the 1.10d test version.

I'll give it another 24 hours. If I don't hear about any bugs, I'll assume that it is solid and then fold it into the main page.

Mmmm....bad news. a serious problem occurred.

Yesterday, I made a companion(exactly, slave. Using LversSlaveTrader MOD.) for the first time.

And also I enchanted greaves and wear it together with Enchanted kvatch armor.

After that time, Only my companion's armor(Mithril set, and only greaves were enchanted.) swapped.

My armor and greaves were not swapped even if their health were reduced.

Here is a screenshot. I used BA 1.10d_test

post-82262-1359788269127_thumb.jpg

These are console messages which were printed when I saved same.

post-82262-13597882692276_thumb.jpg

I couldn't see any swapping message.

So, I restarted game, and it swapped ordinarily.(But sometimes, restart did not solve this problem.)

post-82262-13597882692733_thumb.jpg

post-82262-13597882693265_thumb.jpg

post-82262-13597882693749_thumb.jpg

You can see swapping effect because restoration magic were enchanted their armors. You can also see the swapping message.

This is my companion's wears. And I used Vanilla BA so Mithril armor has _ba1, _ba2, _ba3 files.

post-82262-13597882696226_thumb.jpg

But when I moved to other area, only my companion's wears were swapped. My wears were not.

post-82262-13597882696693_thumb.jpg

And saving game also coudn't swapped my wears. It only swapped my companion's.

post-82262-13597882697108_thumb.jpg

I think the causes of this problem are enchanted wears.

Because I remembered when I moved area with wearing enchanted armor and greaves, sometimes only one of them was swapped.

Maybe I think....there are some problem occurred when several enchanted wears exist in same cell.

This problem is not occurred everytime, but It often occured, not rare.

Edit.

When I brought all enchanted Item(greaves only.) from my companion, then after restarted game, my armor swapped ordinarily.

But If I did not bring enchanted Items, then sometimes only companion's swapped.

After I brought all enchanted Items from my companion, and move to other area, my armor swapped ordinarily.

I think again the causes of this problem are enchanted wears.

If you un-equip and then re-equip the armor' date=' what happens?

[/quote']

After that problem occurred? Nothing happened,I remembered.

Thanks.

That's a weird one. I'll have to see if I can find a way to replicate it so I can go about fixing it. One possibility, if it is specific to enchanted items, is that my anti-bound items code is running into problems with certain specific enchantments, at least under certain circumstances.

Maybe this is the same reason of before problem,

but enchanted chain greaves mesh didn't swap.

post-82262-13597882699907_thumb.jpg

So, I changed greaves to enchanted mithril greaves and restarted game.

Then, It swapped fine.

post-82262-13597882699487_thumb.jpg

I Also wear enchanted chain greaves and restarted, but It still didn't work.

post-82262-13597882700381_thumb.jpg

After that, I tried to only re-equip each of them once, not restart.

And BA checked mithril greaves only.

post-82262-13597882700777_thumb.jpg

Mithril greaves worked fine and I could see common BA console message.

post-82262-13597882701198_thumb.jpg

But Chain greaves still didn't work and I couldn't see any console message.

Here are the informations of my greaves.

post-82262-13597882701657_thumb.jpg

My chain greaves.

I rooted dead kvatch soilder's, and enchanted 5% shield using pitty soul gem in Bravil underground which add from LSTBravilunderground MOD.

post-82262-13597882702129_thumb.jpg

My mithril greaves.

I rooted this greaves from Mac, my companion. It is already enchanted when I bring it.

Maybe this is the same reason of before problem' date='

but enchanted chain greaves mesh didn't swap.

[/quote']

Thanks for the update.

They're definitely not being recognized as break armor meshes which helps narrow down the problem.

There are two things that I can think of that might be causing this.

One is the Bound Items code that I added to deal with summoned equipment. I'm looking into that to see what I can figure out a way that it might be causing this issue. I'll post an update, probably sometime tomorrow.

The other possibility is the break armor meshes are not in the same folder as the mesh used by that particular pair of chain leggings. If you can, check the mesh paths and see if there are properly named breakarmor meshes in the folder used by that particular armor.

Save bloat issue appears fixed with the new test version' date=' forgot to make a clean save earlier and still had long load times but it's good now.

[/quote']

That's a huge relief.

Now I just need to find out why some folks armor doesn't always swap and we'll be set.

Unfortunately while the bloat issue was solved, it's started causing CTDs for me randomly on some broken equipment.

For example after one chest piece broke I CTD every time I try to equip it. Oddly reloading to an earlier save when I had it on also CTDs when it didn't before.

Unfortunately while the bloat issue was solved' date=' it's started causing CTDs for me randomly on some broken equipment.

For example after one chest piece broke I CTD every time I try to equip it. Oddly reloading to an earlier save when I had it on also CTDs when it didn't before.

[/quote']

What a strange... I could not see that kinds of CTD with newest version.

I wear enchanted kvatch armor and go to the oblivion gate. And later, kvatch armor health reduced to 75%, but no CTD occured.

I unequipped and re-equipped, but result was same.

Few minutes later, my armor health become 47%, but no CTD occured.

I unequipped and re-equipped again, but result was the same again.

Although the kvatch armor health became 0, result was the same.

Only the problem that I have is enchanted armor swap problem as I reported before. I couldn't see any CTD.

What kinds of armor did you wear when you saw CTD?

Did you see the same CTD problem in Vanillla?

I've gotten crashes with two armours' date=' both from mods with custom (re: crude) edits.

Vanilla armours seem to work.. but I really don't understand what the difference is since those are also modded meshes.

[/quote']

If you're getting crashes with specific custom meshes, but not others, the problem is more likely to have something to do with the specific mesh rather than the framework.

A good first step to testing that would be to test the crash-prone meshes without break armor enabled Create a piece of armor for each break state and make sure that each can safely be worn without crashing.

If the crashing mesh has any unusual enchantments or scripts attached to it, create a clean version of the armor item and see if it also crashes.

To borninmarch

I'll be posting a fresh test update for Break Armor later today that hopefully will help with the no-swap issue. I'm reasonably confident that the no-swap issue is from my anti-bound item script running amok and misidentifying certain non-bound enchanted items as bound.

*fingers crossed*

Break Armor 1.10.e Test

1. This test update removes the generic enchantment based Bound Item check that was introduced in the 1.10 release. Two remaining Bound item tests remain that *should* prevent Break Armor from swapping bound items. This should resolve the issue that prevented certain enchanted items from swapping. Note: any item with a name that start with the exact string "Bound " will be ignored by Break Armor.

2. All Save Bloat issues should be eliminated in this test version.

Please test this esp and let me know if it performs as advertised. If it does, I will fold it into the main download (replacing the existing 1.10.B) ASAP.

Thanks

**Outdated File Removed**

Please test this esp and let me know if it performs as advertised. If it does' date=' I will fold it into the main download (replacing the existing 1.10.B) ASAP.

Thanks

[/quote']

CAPITAL! enchanted armor problem was gone! Wow so amazing....

I couldn't test many time because of time limit, but I think the problem was gone.

I tested some situation below this line.

(1)Wear enchanted kvatch cuirass and enchanted chainmail greaves

(2)Wear enchanted kvatch cuirass and have chainmail greaces just in inventory(not equipped)

(3)Wear enchanted kvatch cuirass and enchanted chainmail greaves,

and fight together with companion who wear normal mithril cuirass and enchanted mithril greaves.

BA worked fine all these situation! My character's and companion's ether. When they broke, then swapping ordinarily.

Thank you so much!

Ah, wait. I don't know this is bug or not, but strange situation occured.

When I moved to other cell, only greaves swapped. Cuirass was not swapped....maybe. Because there was no cuirass swapping message in console.

post-82262-13597882775332_thumb.jpg

When I saved game in front of companion, same problem occured.

Console printed companion's cuirass and greaves swapping message. But to me, it printed my cuirass swapping message only.

post-82262-13597882776283_thumb.jpg

cuirass and greaves both were enchanted.

But it is not serious problem. Because in battle, both BA worked fine.

Edit.

It is my guess, but I really doubt it.

Maybe the cause of problem only my greaves were not swapped is enchant situation.

I enchanted chaingreaves when the greaves health was 75%, not full. I didn't remember exact health that time, but I checked my enchented greaves mesh slightly differ from full-health greaves.

And also FornIDfinder said it couldn't find mesh and Icon path.

So, I think, when you enchanted your armor after breaking(not full health, and after mesh swapping), then that armor's BA cannot work.

I would love to you checking this if you have extra time.

I've gotten crashes with two armours' date=' both from mods with custom (re: crude) edits.

Vanilla armours seem to work.. but I really don't understand what the difference is since those are also modded meshes.

[/quote']

If you post the armor in question, I'll see what I can figure out.

cuirass and greaves both were enchanted.

But it is not serious problem. Because in battle' date=' both BA worked fine.

Edit.

It is my guess, but I really doubt it.

Maybe the cause of problem only my greaves were not swapped is enchant situation.

I enchanted chaingreaves when the greaves health was 75%, not full. I didn't remember exact health that time, but I checked my enchented greaves mesh slightly differ from full-health greaves.

And also FornIDfinder said it couldn't find mesh and Icon path.

So, I think, when you enchanted your armor after breaking(not full health, and after mesh swapping), then that armor's BA cannot work.

I would love to you checking this if you have extra time.

[/quote']

I've not had any luck replicating the problem, which makes it tough to track down the root cause. So far I've just been digging through the code trying to figure out the spots that could potentially cause the bugs that you're reporting.

Would you be willing to do me a favor?

Open your Break_Armor.ini file and look for the line

set aaBACycle.debugMsg to 1

and change it to

set aaBACycle.debugMsg to 2

This will enable reporting of the frame by frame item health check in the console. Your console *will* fill up with spam.

What I'd like you to do next, if you're willing, is pay attention to the health checks for the items as they appear. Let's see if the items that aren't swapping are showing up there, and what Break Armor *thinks* their health is.

Thanks.

What I'd like you to do next' date=' if you're willing, is pay attention to the health checks for the items as they appear. Let's see if the items that aren't swapping are showing up there, and what Break Armor *thinks* their health is.

Thanks.

[/quote']

Thanks for your quick reply. I'll try it maybe tomorrow.

[/quote']

If you post the armor in question, I'll see what I can figure out.

Well it seems the game has randomly decided to start hating my nifskope edits that worked before.

Here's one of the meshes that crash it:

top_ba1.rar

Well it seems the game has randomly decided to start hating my nifskope edits that worked before.

Here's one of the meshes that crash it:

Armor meshes are fine problem is in the body.

For some reason you accidentally deleted all the skininstances of the body, so it causes the crashes and I cannot even import it into blender.

So, copy the armor meshes to some fresh body. Then it should work.