• 3 months later...

I have installed this a few weeks back. Since this has been installed.  The only armor that breaks is the "Vanilla Armors" pack that I have installed.  Previous Break Undies armor mods no longer break.  Is there something I need to add to a INI file? or change a load order to make the Break Undies armor function properly?

Did you read the entire OP?  To completely abandon the old BU framework esm (recommended) you need to have the files in the recommended naming convention or a standard BU ini file that Break Armor can read from.

Since you don't provide any details (such as a load order or plugin that contains broken armors) we can't do crap to help you.

I'm also having a problem with some of the items from BreakUndies not working with the BreakArmor. I got rid of all the BU Framework files from the folders, excep the BreakUndies.ini file. Here's my load order:

Oblivion.esm=1
Beautiful People 2ch-Ed.esm=1
All Natural Base.esm=1
Lovers with PK.esm=1
LoversCreature.esm=1
BreakArmor.esp=1
Nudeshy X.esp=1
nudeshyceadb.esp=1
Nudeshy Undergarments.esp=1
Unofficial Oblivion Patch.esp=1
UOPS Additional Changes.esp=1
UOP Vampire Aging & Face Fix.esp=1
Oblivion Citadel Door Fix.esp=1
DLCShiveringIsles.esp=1
Unofficial Shivering Isles Patch.esp=1
USIPS Additional Changes.esp=1
All Natural.esp=1
All Natural - SI.esp=1
All Natural - Real Lights.esp=1
Reaper's Adjustable Oil Lamp.esp=1
kuerteeAutoSaveAndTime.esp=1
Map Marker Overhaul.esp=1
Map Marker Overhaul - SI additions.esp=1
Basic Physical Activities.esp=1
YAARM_Steel.esp=1
ExnemEyeCandy.esp=1
HGEC_special_armor_repl.esp=1
MaleBodyReplacerV5.esp=1
1SB_RavenousEleganceOutfit.esp=1
CB Dark Enchantress.esp=1
Deceiver's Armour.esp=1
HellSpawnDaedric for Exnem.esp=1
Queensarmory.esp=1
Seductress Armour.esp=1
Sorceress_Armors.esp=1
CB Rogue Armor.esp=1
Emerald armor for Exnem body.esp=1
GoddessArmor_Exnem.esp=1
Opale armor for Exnem body.esp=1
TrawlolsCorinthianGladiator.esp=1
MH Harvest Melan Armors.esp=0
MH Harvest Melan Armors for BUv2.esp=1
MH Khezu Armor.esp=1
HGEC_Draconic_Armor.esp=1
AAbuiesdaqun.esp=1
Blood Illusion and Arcania armors for Exnem's body.esp=1
GlenvarCastle.esp=1
Vaernlor Manor.esp=1
Exotic_Easy.esp=1
ExoticEquipment.esp=0
Exotic_Leveled.esp=1
Knights.esp=1
Lovers with PK.esp=1
LoversAphrodisia.esp=1
LoversAphrodisiaHUD.esp=1
LoversAdultPlayPlusforSSP.esp=1
LoversHooker.esp=1
LoversAdultPlayPlusforSSP_HookerPatch.esp=1
LoversVoiceSSPplus.esp=1
LoversRaperS.esp=1
LoversBed.esp=1
LoversStalkerM.esp=1
LoversImmoralGuards.esp=1
LoversImmoralSisters.esp=1
LoversPayBandit.esp=1
PlayerSlaveEncounters_V0.69.esp=1
LoversTrueCrimeEx.esp=1
LoversBitch.esp=1
LoversCreature.esp=1
LoversBackup2.esp=1
LoversEscapeRapeVPlayer.esp=1
LoversRapeSlave.esp=1
LoversMB2.esp=1
LoversLight.esp=1
LoversSlaveTrader.esp=1
LSTBravilUnderground.esp=1
LSTaddonoutH.esp=1
LoversGGBlackmail.esp=1
LoversStripper.esp=1
LoversMotionsNT.esp=0
Quest Award Leveller.esp=1
Quest Award Leveller - Vile Lair.esp=0
Quest Award Leveller - Mehrunes Razor.esp=0
Quest Award Leveller - Knights of the Nine.esp=1
Alternative Start by Robert Evrae.esp=1
MadCompanionshipSpells.esp=1
MCS extension.esp=1
Oblivion XP.esp=1
Moonshadow Elves - NoSc.esp=1
MH Papimeru Armor for BUv2.esp=1
Sonia.esp=1
VailenaCompanionValeria.esp=1
VailenaRace.esp=1
LoversIdleAnimsPriority.esp=1
LoversAnimObjectsPriority.esp=1
nudeshynudejailClassic.esp=0
nudeshynudejail.esp=0

The bolded green one "Harvest Melan" is the one that isn't working. I haven't tried any of the others, yet.

I have the BreakUndies.ini file still that has all the information to where the armor should be broken down.

Don't know what to tell you on that.  It could be an issue on your end or one on the esp\ini end.  Hard to say.

One thing you could do is dump all those esp BU files and grab the MASSIVE compilation of BU armors I assembled:  http://www.loverslab.com/topic/8661-bu-armors-compilation/

There are around 100+ armors between the two packs and only one little esp.  It works perfectly with the BU armor system and even works with the new version of LPK (rev96v4a that can be found in the LAPF).

It is a lot to download, but there is a shit load of armors, so that is the trade-off.  The Papimeru and Harvest Melan armors can be found in it.

All right. I've run into another minor problem. This one isn't as sever, though.

I have the NudeShy mod installed and enabled. Whenever the game loads up, the armor breaks just fine and there's a quick animation to the NudeShy covering up the body, but it quickly goes away.

I was reading the thread and saw that NudeShy may not be compatible with Break Armor. If that's not the case, then I certainly don't know what to do. The only way the NudeShy actually initiates is when there's no armor at all.

The .ini of Nudeshy is set to the default settings, so it should work fine. It just doesn't work with the Break Armor armors.

Oblivion.esm
Beautiful People 2ch-Ed.esm
Lovers with PK.esm
LoversCreature.esm
All Natural Base.esm
BreakUndies.esm
BU_Disabler.esp
Nudeshy X.esp
nudeshyceadb.esp
nudeshynudejail.esp
BreakArmor.esp
Unofficial Oblivion Patch.esp
UOPS Additional Changes.esp
UOP Vampire Aging & Face Fix.esp
Oblivion Citadel Door Fix.esp
DLCShiveringIsles.esp
Unofficial Shivering Isles Patch.esp
USIPS Additional Changes.esp
All Natural.esp
All Natural - SI.esp
Enhanced Water v2.0 HD.esp
Enhanced Water v2.0 HD - SI Addon.esp
All Natural - Real Lights.esp
Reaper's Adjustable Oil Lamp.esp
kuerteeAutoSaveAndTime.esp
Map Marker Overhaul.esp
Map Marker Overhaul - SI additions.esp
ExnemEyeCandy.esp
Exotic_Leveled.esp
QueensarmoryPQ.esp
Deceiver's Armour.esp
HellSpawnDaedric for Exnem.esp
Queensarmory.esp
Seductress Armour.esp
Emerald armor for Exnem body.esp
GoddessArmor_Exnem.esp
Opale armor for Exnem body.esp
LC-Dwarven-Exnem.esp
Notused_Leather.esp
HGEC AA,B,D-Cup Chainmail None replacer.esp
JUSTICE HGEC Steelarmor Replacer.esp
NeoDarkarmor.esp
zBUArmors.esp
Replacer - Blackwood (mergeable).esp
Replacer - Dwarven (mergeable).esp
GlenvarCastle.esp
Knights.esp
Alternative Start by Robert Evrae.esp
Basic Physical Activities.esp
Oblivion XP.esp
MaleBodyReplacerV5.esp
_Ren_BeautyPack_onlyhairs.esp
Kaleencolors.esp
Moonshadow Elves - NoSc.esp
CuteElf11.esp
_Ren_BeautyPack_full.esp
Sonia.esp
LoversAphrodisia.esp
LoversAphrodisiaHUD.esp
LoversStripper.esp
LoversRapeSlave.esp
LoversEscapeRapeVPlayer.esp
LoversLight.esp
LoversBackup2.esp
LoversAdultPlayPlusforSSP.esp
LoversVoiceSSPplus.esp
LeveledCreatureNT.esp
LoversMotionsNT.esp
LoversBed.esp
LoversPayBandit.esp
LoversCreature.esp
Lovers with PK.esp
LoversBreakArmor.esp
LoversTrueCrimeEx.esp
LoversSlaveTrader.esp
LSTBravilUnderground.esp
LSTaddonInH.esp
LoversGGBlackmail.esp
LoversRaperS.esp
LoversStalkerM.esp
LoversImmoralGuards.esp
LoversHooker.esp
LoversAdultPlayPlusforSSP_HookerPatch.esp
PlayerSlaveEncounters_V0.69.esp
LoversMB2.esp
LoversImmoralSisters.esp
LoversBitch.esp
LoversIdleAnimsPriority.esp
LoversAnimObjectsPriority.esp
Bashed Patch, 0.esp

There's the Load Order, if that helps.

Edit: I just noticed that NudeShy only intiates when the Lower Armor gets damaged, but not the Upper Armor.

I've found some odd crash happens.

I was alone in some mod's fitting room. (saved with BA 1.02)

And I enable 1.06

If I try to get out of the cell in 'normal' way (walking, running ->exterior-> fast travel or walk into city) no problem.

But if I try 'testinghall -> hawkhaven -> fastravel to some city', fast travel caused crash. fast travel to elsewhere (like inn, dungeons or whatever exterior cell)from hawkhaven was okay.

Without 1.06 enabled(with 1.02 enabled or BA disabled) it's ok to fast travel whenever or wherever.

Well that's weird. It could be an update 3d issue. But it really shouldn't be firing on fast travel. hmm.

Greetings.

you know, "Fast Travel" is always a bad thing : in my opinion it was done only as a "security" ( to escape from a bad situation)  .

Oblivion's Engine don't works ( unfortunatly) like the Morrowind Engine ... the wholle Tamriel is not loaded at the beginnig of the game ... so big places like a city need some times  to be correctly  "updeted" .

With "Fast travel"  the engine doesn't have enought time in some situations , especialy if there are a lot off "polygone" to charge (  example :lsome clothes made by Alecu  ... 10 times too big in terms of polygons)  . So if there are a few of NPCs with these sort of  too "High resolution" clothes , the game crash .

Thre was some people having this issue with the Vipcxjs Real HighHeels system : i never have this sort of problem , and 90 % of the Female Characters uses Real HighHeels ... 

Naturatly if you are using Real HighHeels, + some NPCs equipped with a 20 Ko clothes , i m'm not surprised if your game crashed .

A well done clothes / armors is done by a good finished texture ( example : majority of Sinblood works ) and not with a too high sized Mesh ... Oblivion is a game, not " autocad"  or a Fashionned application .

A piece ( or NPC)  marked as "quest item"  is also sometime a problem , because  the engine load all "quest item " in the beginning ... but i never have a issue with this , but some people have this problem.

Most of my introduced NPCs are marked as "Quest item " ( because i use "Ressurect Spell" and  the genious  "Corpses Collector" fromm Addk1k )  and not as "Essantial" . My Pc is a middle end machine and i run essantially Oblivion with XP ( but it's better with W7 64 bits) ... since a few yeras without problem .

I  don't have a lot off mods ( +/- 30 but "Big" because  merged from smaller mods) only some big like Morroblivion or SoVvM Br3 recreated  , my oblivion folder take +/- 35 to 50 giga space drive ...

So this is just an idea ... only one bad mesh  on a clothe/armor could also  crash  a game .

A too fragmented hard drive is a very bad thing too.

Cheers.

PS :

Pour les "curieux  " Only :

http://oblivion.nexusmods.com/mods/30248    ... but read the  "Comments"  section please , there is a little issue with this mod ( only if you re-initiate the player)

Hey, Gerra! I see you're back!

I have a couple things to mention.

Sometimes the callback function you gave returns "4" and gets stuck there for a while.

Sometimes after loading a new game, the clothes are stuck with a different model than they should have. (they were in another stage before loading another file and then fail to update after the game loads)

I think sometimes when my ceadb for NPC's tries to reequip a piece of armor that was unequipped during battle, the armor becomes unequippable and my script times out. It only happens with enchanted equips and when breakarmor.esp is loaded. This may have been fixed with the latest version of the ceadb for NPC's script, so I'll keep you updated on it.

One last thing. Would it be too much to ask if I requested a callback function that tells if a specific piece of armor is breakarmor compatible or not? When I was finishing one of the scripts I made a long time ago, I realized that I have no way to code that portion just yet.

The breakarmor integration seems to be working well, by the way. :)

I have a question. Does the Vanilla Armor pack include meshes and textures of the fully intact pieces of armor as well as the damaged versions, or do I need to download that seperately? If so, what would be the best armor set mod to use with this?

http://www.loverslab.com/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_id=14068

Please follow this link to download the original armor replacers. They mostly don't have step1 (intact) mesh. So just install the omod while seeing the preview, and choose which one to download.

Sometimes the callback function you gave returns "4" and gets stuck there for a while.

I have no idea why it returns 4. Is that calltype 0? Dunno.. Maybe a bug.

One last thing. Would it be too much to ask if I requested a callback function that tells if a specific piece of armor is breakarmor compatible or not? When I was finishing one of the scripts I made a long time ago, I realized that I have no way to code that portion just yet.

The breakarmor integration seems to be working well, by the way. :)

You should be able to determine its compatibility using calltype 2, as long as an NPC ref is specified.

Just search the item in the "ReturnArray["BAEquip"]" and if found, that item is breakable. I'm using this method in my modified LoversBreakArmor plugin.

If no NPC is specified, No, Break Armor does not store such information. The callback function requires NPC ref after all.

Does that work if the actor being specified isn't actually wearing the armor, but has it in her inventory?

edit: yes, it's calltype 0.

edit again: looks like it might work. I'll experiment with calltype 2 and see how it works.

Probably work.. but may be unreliable.

Break Armor uses GetEquippedItems function to scan an undiscovered npc. So, if the NPC has never equipped such armor after the main BA data array is purged, Break Armor has no idea about it.

You may want to double check (manually search _ba.nif meshes for example) to prevent funny things happening.

Yeah, I was just testing it and it definitely did not work.

I'll take your suggestion and check the bipedmodelpath for "_ba" and see how that works.

site: The doublechecking seems to work well enough.

The thing that worries me is that not every breakarmor compatible armor is going to have _ba in their filename, so it's not as watertight as I would like...

Time for another problem.

The Cuirass of the Cruisader is causing massive texture screw-ups whenever the Break Armor bit happens. When it's fully together, there's no issue.

But when the cuirass gets damaged, it causes textures of practically everything to do this:

mNbxIQu.png

XDpOFff.png

9I9O4Q5.png

fGH3W7w.png

It ONLY happens with this armor, though. Every other armor works perfectly fine. Any help would be greatly appreciated. :D

Hello, I like the idea of breakable armours but I have installed DMR BBB mod prior to break armour, which had replaced all the vanilla armour, it has rendered break armour useless ( expect for testinghall's armour which are great btw) since all the cloth/arnour has been modified. 

To be honest I'm not too keen on keeping the DMR BBB mod as it is too revealing and not very lore friendly, is there a cloth/armour mod that is compatible with armour break as well as HGEC body mod?

Many thanks in advance!

Please go to the vanilla ba thread if you have a question this is break armor freamwork thread.

Time for another problem.

The Cuirass of the Cruisader is causing massive texture screw-ups whenever the Break Armor bit happens. When it's fully together, there's no issue.

But when the cuirass gets damaged, it causes textures of practically everything to do this:

It ONLY happens with this armor, though. Every other armor works perfectly fine. Any help would be greatly appreciated. :D

Yeah I found a mistake just now. I don't remember what I had done but this could help. Replace them with this and see what happens! Thanks for reporting anyway.

Izumiko.7z

Hello, I like the idea of breakable armours but I have installed DMR BBB mod prior to break armour, which had replaced all the vanilla armour, it has rendered break armour useless ( expect for testinghall's armour which are great btw) since all the cloth/arnour has been modified. 

To be honest I'm not too keen on keeping the DMR BBB mod as it is too revealing and not very lore friendly, is there a cloth/armour mod that is compatible with armour break as well as HGEC body mod?

Many thanks in advance!

Well, there is a text file that points you to the original mods what I used. If not, that armor (not broken state) is already included in the pack.

I have some break undies armor that does not seem to work with break armor.  Yaarm Iron armor does work, however MH Khezu armor does not.  I have gone both ways of having break undies esm inactive and having it active with the BUdisabler.esp active. Is there something I am missing that needs to be added to a ini file?

I have some break undies armor that does not seem to work with break armor.  Yaarm Iron armor does work, however MH Khezu armor does not.  I have gone both ways of having break undies esm inactive and having it active with the BUdisabler.esp active. Is there something I am missing that needs to be added to a ini file?

Well, just delete all the ini entries and rename BA stage meshes as _ba#.nif convention. that's the easiest way.

For example,

cuirass.nif

cuirass_ba1.nif

cuirass_ba2.nif

cuirass_ba3.nif

If this does not work, open the plugin with CS or anything and see if the male mesh paths are set and not set for female mesh paths. If so, copy male paths to female, so that both of male and female mesh have something.

It's the limitation due to some obse function.

Tried that. Did not work. Yaarm Iron even stopped working.  Placed everything back the way it was and Yaarm Iron is working again. Any other suggestions. The Khezu armor that has the break meshes are for the HGEC like a bab body.  Would like to have this working. Thanks for any info you can give. 

I have no CS. have nothing able to mod with.

Tried that. Did not work. Yaarm Iron even stopped working.  Placed everything back the way it was and Yaarm Iron is working again. Any other suggestions. The Khezu armor that has the break meshes are for the HGEC like a bab body.  Would like to have this working. Thanks for any info you can give. 

I have no CS. have nothing able to mod with.

No problem.. let's be clear first.

You have disabled BU esm, or enabled BUdisabler esp.

And renamed BU meshes to _ba#.nif, and have no ini entry for khezu armors.

Then, try this plugin.

MH Khezu Armor esp.7z

If this does not work and hell freezes over, try reinstalling Break Armor by making a clean save, as the last resort. I've seen once Break Armor not working after I rebuilt my bashed patch. 

Still not working. Have uninstalled break armor opened up a save game with this armor in broken condition and made a new save. Reinstalled break armor and no change. Removed all references to the Khezu armor in the ini. Installed the esp you posted.  I am wondering. Under the break undies, when you first place the cuirass on the player. it has the form of the bab body.  Once break undies took place, it appeared to be the AA size until the first break. I think this is Movomo mod. Any ideas from the source?

Still not working. Have uninstalled break armor opened up a save game with this armor in broken condition and made a new save. Reinstalled break armor and no change. Removed all references to the Khezu armor in the ini. Installed the esp you posted.  I am wondering. Under the break undies, when you first place the cuirass on the player. it has the form of the bab body.  Once break undies took place, it appeared to be the AA size until the first break. I think this is Movomo mod. Any ideas from the source?

Uh oh. Hell froze over!! :s :s :s :s :s

Yeah it's my mod that I had released before. It's been forever and there wasn't Break Armor back then..

Anyways I tested that plugin just now and it works for me. So I assume the plugin is normal by its own provided the meshes are in the right place.

Make sure you delete the old Khezu plugin, and also make sure the old Break "Undies" system not functional (I'd recommend deleting it once and for all)

In the meantime, if you don't like to install CS, there is a simpler tool that helps you to view a plugin's contents..

http://cs.elderscrolls.com/index.php?title=TES4Edit