Wearable SMP tails SE conversion

View File

This is a SE conversion for the SMP version of HDT Tails Wearable  https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/58165/

And HDT dragon tails here on LL

I just converted the NIFs using the nif optimizer and changed the plugin into esl format

To aquire any of the tails use [AddItemMenu]

Perhaps someone more knowledagbe than me can fix the jittering and stuff as im having a hard time understanding the XML stuff, but untill then it just worksâ„¢

INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS

1. Install using your favourite mod manager
  2. Done
  3. Install the optional file if you want to add SMP tails to beast races. This affects ALL beast race characters

IF USING 3BBB

1. Locate 3BBB-Amazing.xml located in SKSE\Plugins\hdtSkinnedMeshConfigs
  2. Find this piece of code

<per-triangle-shape name="3BCA_Butt">
    	<margin>0.5</margin>
    	<penetration>0.1</penetration>
    	<shared>public</shared>
    	<tag>3BCA_B</tag>

3. And add this directly underneath<no-collide-with-tag>Tail</no-collide-with-tag>

4. Should look something like this

<per-triangle-shape name="3BCA_Butt">
      	<margin>0.5</margin>
      	<penetration>0.1</penetration>
      	<shared>public</shared>
      	<tag>3BCA_B</tag>

<no-collide-with-tag>Tail</no-collide-with-tag>

<!--code continues here-->

5. Repeat process for 3BCA_Vagina and 3BCA_VaginaBack

The reason for doing this is because the Tails intersect with the butt and vag and then spazzes out. this should fix it and the cost of lesser butt collision

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    02/20/2020
  • Category
  • Requires
    SMP
  • Regular Edition Compatible
    Not Applicable

Finally a version that works. Good Work!

I tested it (Cute Tail and Cow Tail) since the Tail from "Being a Cow SE /BAC" has no physics. 

The issue for me is that it looks like something flaccid hanging out of my characters butt hole, these tails have no tension -> no bow  .

Maybe my SKSE or XP32 is a bit off, I dont know.

OR the tails behaved in the original mod the same way....

17 hours ago, ZI0MATRIX said:

OR the tails behaved in the original mod the same way....

Looking at the mesh it would seem that the default behaviour is that it looks like a floppy wiener

pic.PNG.1ba0f8275511b59d06d6422588620fc7.PNG

However the tails added in the new update, while not cow tails, seem to behave like you want them to, correct?

3 hours ago, MrNoobMan said:

Looking at the mesh it would seem that the default behaviour is that it looks like a floppy wiener

Hide contents

pic.PNG.1ba0f8275511b59d06d6422588620fc7.PNG

However the tails added in the new update, while not cow tails, seem to behave like you want them to, correct?

Thank you for looking closer into it.

Now my Feedback/report + ideas about it.

Textures seem to work all fine.

There seems to be a difference in the tails in term of interaction with a 3BBB body(a physics body). Fluffy tails start jiggling around between the but cheeks. dragon tails, cute tail, cat tails seem to be a bit flaccid and not affected by collisions of my characters butt. 

Physics Body + Physics Tails = something is gonna happen

That aside now a theory about the cow tail from your mod and the Being a Cow mod.

What you can see here is an issue I had with a different Succubus Mod and its tail(dark brown dangling down ).  I planned to find a working tail for Skyrim SE and then replace the Being a Cow SE port mod tail(horizontal light brown brush) with it. The issue was that it looked flaccid( a bit like a long turd).  The original tail from Being a cow seems to have much more tention intended than (judging from your screen shot with the pink texture) the one from your mod.  To be fair it also might be an issue that my character has due to the mutations of BAC a big bottom and thus most tails look like they are anal plugs. But this would explain why the BAC tail was made this way, the mod author knew that the character gets a big bottom and a downwards shaped tail will not look good on that.

TLDR your mod is probably not at fault here.

ScreenShot11.png

14 hours ago, sonicprophet said:

but most of the others look just like in the screenshot

14 hours ago, noobinall said:

Is it just me or are the furry tails all lacking textures for some reason?

Should be fixed with the new update, give it a go

13 hours ago, ZI0MATRIX said:

Fluffy tails start jiggling around between the but cheeks

The new verison comes with a fix to that at the expense of collisions, read the instructions provided in the post

This is still a learning expirience for me so thank you for you patience

3 hours ago, MrNoobMan said:

The new verison comes with a fix to that at the expense of collisions, read the instructions provided in the post

This is still a learning expirience for me so thank you for you patience

I tested you fix for the Fluffy Tails vs Glorious Butt Cheeks and it works without any problems.

About the tail tension issue for characters with big bottoms,

I was thinking on fixing it myself since i assume that the problems starts with the default shape the tail is starting to deform from.

(Also I don t want to push work on you for a Mod or Bodyshape that you  don t even use. ) 

Like bending it up, horizontally so that is falls down in a bow. 

Is it very difficult to do that?

What kind of software do I need for that?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am not sure what exactly you did with the alternative beast tails, but I guess those SMP tails are a bit stiffer(which is good for characters with big bottoms like mine*getting hope*).

The tails seem to work fine. Good work!

If you could do the same trick with the brown cow tail( guess fox cat and stuff might be popular too), that would be wonderful. Or you make two versions normal and big/fat. Maybe include the 3bb fix in the big/fat version.

I would have done it myself, but I am already struggling just with installing a nude skin on Fallout New Vegas(got the dark underwear bug). So that is my level of skill...

Anyway Thank you and good work!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 4/30/2020 at 5:38 AM, Edwin_2016 said:

I installed the optional tail replacer, but it seems to be conflicting with the Flawn's Argonian mod, so the textures on the tail look weird. Also, the tail looks too short. Don't know if that's supposed to look like it or that the same mod conflict with it.

20200430123345_1.jpg

Hey, just coming here after looking for a workaround for my Khajiit tail issue.

It's the same size issue seen with the HDT Khajiit and Argonian tails on the Nexus. You can increase the size by editing the nif in nifskope:

Look for HDTS TailBone01 under the tail shape. Change the scale of that to what you want. 1.5 seems good, the tail ends just above the ankles. By 1.8, you're clipping into the virtual ground.

No need to change the scale of anything else, just that one bone does it. Save and you're done with making the tail larger.

Here's what I mean with both the Khajiit (left) and Argonian (right) tails.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.1e1af101df278cad5957eb75637522ed.png

I don't use Flawn myself, but the color could also be fixed here I think. Changing the tail to point to the Flawn textures should fix it. Textures are under BSLightingShaderProperty / BSShaderTextureSet.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.1b14c2139ab8047c48f1824372ab8323.png

On 5/19/2020 at 10:22 PM, zarantha said:

Hey, just coming here after looking for a workaround for my Khajiit tail issue.

It's the same size issue seen with the HDT Khajiit and Argonian tails on the Nexus. You can increase the size by editing the nif in nifskope:

Look for HDTS TailBone01 under the tail shape. Change the scale of that to what you want. 1.5 seems good, the tail ends just above the ankles. By 1.8, you're clipping into the virtual ground.

No need to change the scale of anything else, just that one bone does it. Save and you're done with making the tail larger.

Here's what I mean with both the Khajiit (left) and Argonian (right) tails.

Reveal hidden contents

image.thumb.png.1e1af101df278cad5957eb75637522ed.png

I don't use Flawn myself, but the color could also be fixed here I think. Changing the tail to point to the Flawn textures should fix it. Textures are under BSLightingShaderProperty / BSShaderTextureSet.

Reveal hidden contents

image.thumb.png.1b14c2139ab8047c48f1824372ab8323.png

Well the size could use some tweaking, but the textures still don't look right. Did I choose the wrong files or something?

20200524124428_1.jpg

Tail.PNG

7 hours ago, Edwin_2016 said:

Well the size could use some tweaking, but the textures still don't look right. Did I choose the wrong files or something?

20200524124428_1.jpg

Tail.PNG

Should be ok, but remove everything before \textures. If you're using MO, it will find the right path when building the VFS.  It probably won't look right in nifskope, but should be ok in game.

5 hours ago, zarantha said:

Should be ok, but remove everything before \textures. If you're using MO, it will find the right path when building the VFS.  It probably won't look right in nifskope, but should be ok in game.

Nothing's changed. Could you be more specific on which files I should use? Granted I have little to no experience when it comes to modding. And yes I use MO.

27 minutes ago, Edwin_2016 said:

Nothing's changed. Could you be more specific on which files I should use? Granted I have little to no experience when it comes to modding. And yes I use MO.

I mean just change the paths  that you edited from this:

d:\games\skyrim se modding\mods\flawn's argonians cbbe patch\textures\actors\character\argonianfemale\argonianfemaletail.dds
d:\games\skyrim se modding\mods\flawn's argonians cbbe patch\textures\actors\character\argonianfemale\argonianfemaletail_msn.dds
d:\games\skyrim se modding\mods\flawn's argonians cbbe patch\textures\actors\character\argonianfemale\argonianfemaletail_s.dds

To this:

\textures\actors\character\argonianfemale\argonianfemaletail.dds
\textures\actors\character\argonianfemale\argonianfemaletail_msn.dds
\textures\actors\character\argonianfemale\argonianfemaletail_s.dds

If that doesn't work, then check if anything is overwriting the tail textures. 

6 hours ago, zarantha said:

I mean just change the paths  that you edited from this:

d:\games\skyrim se modding\mods\flawn's argonians cbbe patch\textures\actors\character\argonianfemale\argonianfemaletail.dds
d:\games\skyrim se modding\mods\flawn's argonians cbbe patch\textures\actors\character\argonianfemale\argonianfemaletail_msn.dds
d:\games\skyrim se modding\mods\flawn's argonians cbbe patch\textures\actors\character\argonianfemale\argonianfemaletail_s.dds

To this:

\textures\actors\character\argonianfemale\argonianfemaletail.dds
\textures\actors\character\argonianfemale\argonianfemaletail_msn.dds
\textures\actors\character\argonianfemale\argonianfemaletail_s.dds

If that doesn't work, then check if anything is overwriting the tail textures. 

Well yes I've done that - the textures still don't look right. Here's what I did - I did the necessary steps in nifskope, then I made that into a separate mod folder and put that into MO. I should mention that before this I just replaced the original argonianfemale.nif mod's file with my own, but the result was the same. MO doesn't show any conflicts, or at least not in the data window. Looking into the texture files - no conflict, looking into the meshes folder - the only thing highlighted is my own mod.

MO.PNG

On 5/25/2020 at 3:34 AM, Edwin_2016 said:

Well yes I've done that - the textures still don't look right. Here's what I did - I did the necessary steps in nifskope, then I made that into a separate mod folder and put that into MO. I should mention that before this I just replaced the original argonianfemale.nif mod's file with my own, but the result was the same. MO doesn't show any conflicts, or at least not in the data window. Looking into the texture files - no conflict, looking into the meshes folder - the only thing highlighted is my own mod.

Ok, loaded it up myself. I don't know what the problem is with the mesh. I had the same type of problem with Male Khajiit tails when I was using the Equipable Beast Tails - HDT SMP (Physics) from the Nexus. This mod fixed it. For argonians, swapping to  the Equipable Beast Tails - HDT SMP (Physics) mesh instead fixed it for me. The textures point to the same place for all the meshes, so I don't know why one works and the other doesn't.

Due to permissions on the mod, I won't upload the mesh here. You can download it from:

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/31745

Then just copy the femaletailargonian.nif to the same place on the wearable smp tails mod. Or just use that mod.

33 minutes ago, zarantha said:

Ok, loaded it up myself. I don't know what the problem is with the mesh. I had the same type of problem with Male Khajiit tails when I was using the Equipable Beast Tails - HDT SMP (Physics) from the Nexus. This mod fixed it. For argonians, swapping to  the Equipable Beast Tails - HDT SMP (Physics) mesh instead fixed it for me. The textures point to the same place for all the meshes, so I don't know why one works and the other doesn't.

Due to permissions on the mod, I won't upload the mesh here. You can download it from:

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/31745

Then just copy the femaletailargonian.nif to the same place on the wearable smp tails mod. Or just use that mod.

That worked. Thanks for the help!

• 4 weeks later...