F4SE not working with MO2

willwhitt56

Ive recently tried to get back into FO4, but ive run into a snag. MO2 doesn't want to work with F4SE. I installed the f4se right, made the correct path to select it MO2,  even made a path for the scripts in it. But when i try to use it i get a locked MO2, a black screen taking up 3/4 of my screen for about 7 seconds, then it goes away and MO2 unlocks. what am i doing wrong?

What "path to select MO2"? Are you using an installer? It's way easier if you do a manual install.

1. Just download the 7z file.
  2. Copy the 2 dll and the exe files.
  3. Go to your "...\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout 4" and paste these 3 files in there.
  4. You still need to add the scripts.
    • In the file you downloaded there is a "Data" folder with a "Scripts" folder, you can zip that "Scripts" folder and add it to MO using the Install from archive button (top-left corner).
    • You can also rename that "Data" folder to something like "F4SE Scripts" (keeping the Scripts folder inside) and move it manually to "...\Mod Organizer 2\mods".

Either way, the F4SE scripts will be added to MO as any other mod and the dll and exe files will be where they belong. You can't install the entire script extender using a mod manager.

You also need to check if the FO4 version you have is compatible with the F4SE version you downloaded. The one in the F4SE website should work for the latest FO4 release from Steam, so make sure you have everything in order.

3 hours ago, dontknowdontcaredontask said:

What "path to select MO2"? Are you using an installer? It's way easier if you do a manual install.

1. Just download the 7z file.
  2. Copy the 2 dll and the exe files.
  3. Go to your "...\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout 4" and paste these 3 files in there.
  4. You still need to add the scripts.
    • In the file you downloaded there is a "Data" folder with a "Scripts" folder, you can zip that "Scripts" folder and add it to MO using the Install from archive button (top-left corner).
    • You can also rename that "Data" folder to something like "F4SE Scripts" (keeping the Scripts folder inside) and move it manually to "...\Mod Organizer 2\mods".

Either way, the F4SE scripts will be added to MO as any other mod and the dll and exe files will be where they belong. You can't install the entire script extender using a mod manager.

You also need to check if the FO4 version you have is compatible with the F4SE version you downloaded. The one in the F4SE website should work for the latest FO4 release from Steam, so make sure you have everything in order.

now apparently MO does WORK!! it wants me to find the folder for fallout 4, but i try its not there, regardless of how many times i uninstall and reinstall it!

Edit: NM im an idiot... i wa suppose to go to the game directory. ive been trying to fix this all day so my brain's a little fried

Archived