No ENB works

Annabelle P

I've come across a problem where none of the enbs I've chosen work. They crash at startup. I know I installed the files properly because I have been installing enb's for years now. The problem is with the dxgi.dll and d3dcompiler_46e.dll files. whenever I take those two files out, fallout 4 opens just fine but the enb doesn't show up ofcourse.

I see others using enb's just fine so I know there is a fix to this. I just have no idea what it is. please help.

10 minutes ago, Annabelle P said:

I've come across a problem where none of the enbs I've chosen work. They crash at startup. I know I installed the files properly because I have been installing enb's for years now. The problem is with the dxgi.dll and d3dcompiler_46e.dll files. whenever I take those two files out, fallout 4 opens just fine but the enb doesn't show up ofcourse.

I see others using enb's just fine so I know there is a fix to this. I just have no idea what it is. please help.

I have an AMD Black CPU & 2 960's........And I can't run an ENB without my frame rate dropping to nearly zero.

YMMV........

:exclamation:

I'm guessing there is no fix to this because I can't find anything on this that helps. This is crazy because It was working before I reinstalled Windows 10. I'm not sure if it deleted something or what but I have tried everything I can think of and have been advised to do so far. Meanwhile Skyrim runs just fine with all enbs. I really wish I could find some kind of fix. 

maybe an old version of enb series would work? Although I've tried all four versions available on the website.

I wonder why fallout 4 didn't come with it's own version of directx. most games do... Skyrim does.

I'm going to lose my shi... if can't get this to work in another 24hrs.

Maybe someone could share there version of system32 with me. I think with someones version of fallout 4 that does work with enb's may have the answer. I feel like my Windows 10 re installation may have deleted files or something. The error I get from this crash doesn't tell me anything specific so I wouldn't know what I'm missing if I am missing anything.  

1 hour ago, Annabelle P said:

I'm guessing there is no fix to this because I can't find anything on this that helps. This is crazy because It was working before I reinstalled Windows 10. I'm not sure if it deleted something or what but I have tried everything I can think of and have been advised to do so far. Meanwhile Skyrim runs just fine with all enbs. I really wish I could find some kind of fix. 

maybe an old version of enb series would work? Although I've tried all four versions available on the website.

I wonder why fallout 4 didn't come with it's own version of directx. most games do... Skyrim does.

I'm going to lose my shi... if can't get this to work in another 24hrs.

Maybe someone could share there version of system32 with me. I think with someones version of fallout 4 that does work with enb's may have the answer. I feel like my Windows 10 re installation may have deleted files or something. The error I get from this crash doesn't tell me anything specific so I wouldn't know what I'm missing if I am missing anything.  

Replacing windows files is not the best way to fix your problem, probably you will break your system and reinstall it again, check the forum of mod you are download to find similar problems and possible solutions, maybe mod is outdated or you do something wrong, because fallout was updated recently and they dont have new version if enb maybe? Also you can try to install latest directx

46 minutes ago, VonHelton said:

https://www.newegg.com/amd-a6-series-a6-6400k/p/N82E16819113335

This is not my exact CPU, but similar......

:no_mouth:

I have https://www.newegg.com/intel-core-i7-4th-gen-core-i7-4770/p/N82E16819116900?Description=i7 4770&cm_re=i7_4770-_-19-116-900-_-Product&quicklink=true

and https://www.newegg.com/gigabyte-geforce-gtx-1660-ti-gv-n166toc-6gd/p/N82E16814932131?Description=1660 ti&cm_re=1660_ti-_-14-932-131-_-Product&quicklink=true

but still don't have 60 fps all time on medium-high settings, don't know what hardware required for enb, or maybe it is because of many mods I use

4 hours ago, Annabelle P said:

I've never experienced your issue, using ENB with Windows10. Are you trying to use a preset with ENB and ReShade? because dxgi.dll comes from the ReShade lib and that is known to be incompatible with Windows10 or trying to use it along F4SE.

Don't try to manually move files in OS folders or anything like that. Fallout 4 didn't came with its own DirectX because it uses the same as other games, like Skyrim SE. So if you already had it installed Steam won't attempt to install it again.

5 hours ago, Indarello said:

You pretty much have to have top of the line equipment to run ENB's.

:cry:

4 hours ago, dontknowdontcaredontask said:

Don't try to manually move files in OS folders or anything like that. Fallout 4 didn't came with its own DirectX because it uses the same as other games, like Skyrim SE. So if you already had it installed Steam won't attempt to install it again.

I guess that means directx isn't the problem then because I have installed so many versions of directx to see if it needs a curtain version. It doesn't apparently. It doesn't make sense because the crash is as soon as the command prompt shows up. when i launch it without f4se, I get an error saying. "The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b)."

7 hours ago, Indarello said:

Replacing windows files is not the best way to fix your problem, probably you will break your system and reinstall it again, check the forum of mod you are download to find similar problems and possible solutions, maybe mod is outdated or you do something wrong, because fallout was updated recently and they dont have new version if enb maybe? Also you can try to install latest directx

I have tried three different enbs. I mean, if that's not enough I don't know what is. I've tried all of the versions of enbseries that the website has to offer. I'll go to website and see if they have any issues on it. I don't know what else to try.

Archived