2 hours ago, Caiena said:

I really don't want to look intrusive. I know that modding is a very time-consuming job, but I spoke with good reason.
In the mod, there are phrases that cannot be used to make sound files without editing the mod or using SharedInfoTopic and another ESP.
Your mod is in a state of development and editing it, except for you, as the Author, does not make any sense.
Creating an additional ESP with dialog editing is a bad idea. Many Dialogs have scripts attached to them, and this will be an additional threat of failure.

Actually, I asked the question thinking about it. If you don't want to do this, no one will blame you. Your intellectual contribution to LoversLab is already quite large. I just wanted some certainty.

Reveal hidden contents

8f675b42688b6c5034fe601cc7c3d8fa.jpg

I'm not taking anything as intrusive. I'm just not sure what you're talking about.

I am pretty familiar with how Skyrim deals with voice files, despite this mod not having any at the moment. Maybe if you pointed me to an example, but I will say with absolute certainty that you don't need voice type conditions on dialogue for voices to work. In the absence of any conditions at all, it will just look for a corresponding voice file for all voice types and choose the appropriate one for the NPC who is speaking at the moment.

1 hour ago, ruddycray said:

I'm not taking anything as intrusive. I'm just not sure what you're talking about.

I am pretty familiar with how Skyrim deals with voice files, despite this mod not having any at the moment. Maybe if you pointed me to an example, but I will say with absolute certainty that you don't need voice type conditions on dialogue for voices to work. In the absence of any conditions at all, it will just look for a corresponding voice file for all voice types and choose the appropriate one for the NPC who is speaking at the moment.

I may not know much about the structure of Skyrim Audio files, but I know a good way to create audio files.
This is a very short algorithm:

1. In the "EditResponce" window, click "Record-Save" and create two files - "WAV and Lip".
2. The audio file can be recorded separately, then edited, and then replaced.
3. If there is an edited WAV, the GenerateforLIP-fromWAV button creates a "lip-file".
4. A third file is created from two files (WAV and Lip) - fuz

The problem is that when you click on the "Record" button, the "WAV and Lip" files are automatically created in the target folder. (Or folders)
But the folder data is missing for many of the actor's phrases. Look carefully at my screenshot.

I understand that if an Actor(for example) is assigned the voice of FemaleYoungEager, then the necessary audio file can be immediately placed in this folder.
Good question: how to create a "lip-file" for a specific WAV?
The fact is that Skyrim is able to search for audio files in the right folders, but the CreationKit Editor does not know how to do this.

If you don't set the exact conditions, the Editor will never find the sound files and will not be able to create a "lip-file".

If you follow the simple method - put "WAV-file" in a specific folder, then the size of the mod will very quickly swell to a Gigabyte or more.
Yes, you can convert" WAV-file "to" fuz-file", but without" lip-file " the animation of the faces in the conversation will look very sad.

So if you know of an easier way to work around this problem, please tell us.

I hope you understand me. English is not my language. 
Don't kick me, please! :)

15 minutes ago, Caiena said:

I may not know much about the structure of Skyrim Audio files, but I know a good way to create audio files.
This is a very short algorithm:

1. In the "EditResponce" window, click "Record-Save" and create two files - "WAV and Lip".
2. The audio file can be recorded separately, then edited, and then replaced.
3. If there is an edited WAV, the GenerateforLIP-fromWAV button creates a "lip-file".
4. A third file is created from two files (WAV and Lip) - fuz

The problem is that when you click on the "Record" button, the "WAV and Lip" files are automatically created in the target folder. (Or folders)
But the folder data is missing for many of the actor's phrases. Look carefully at my screenshot.

I understand that if an Actor(for example) is assigned the voice of FemaleYoungEager, then the necessary audio file can be immediately placed in this folder.
Good question: how to create a "lip-file" for a specific WAV?
The fact is that Skyrim is able to search for audio files in the right folders, but the CreationKit Editor does not know how to do this.

If you don't set the exact conditions, the Editor will never find the sound files and will not be able to create a "lip-file".

If you follow the simple method - put "WAV-file" in a specific folder, then the size of the mod will very quickly swell to a Gigabyte or more.
Yes, you can convert" WAV-file "to" fuz-file", but without" lip-file " the animation of the faces in the conversation will look very sad.

So if you know of an easier way to work around this problem, please tell us.

I hope you understand me. English is not my language. 
Don't kick me, please! :)

Not to worry lol. That makes a lot more sense to me what you're saying now. I'm not extremely familiar with generating lip files. Sounds like something I need to learn a little bit more about.

11 minutes ago, ruddycray said:

Не волнуйтесь, лол. Для меня гораздо больше смысла в том, что вы говорите сейчас. Я не очень хорошо разбираюсь в создании файлов для губ. Похоже, мне нужно узнать немного больше.

In order for CreationKit to be able to generate files .lip, must be installed FaceFXWrapper.exe

Complete set of SSE CreationKit Fixes.

7 hours ago, ruddycray said:

I'm assuming the complaint flows in part from the fact that the mod doesn't currently force you to stay off the streets while you're working and doesn't account for, say, going into someone's house and entertaining them in their own bed, which has nothing to do with the innkeeper. Added with the fact that there's no way to start working in town without talking to the innkeeper first.

It's not an entirely unfair complaint. I've been aware of some of these issues myself, and in part it's just a reflection of incompleteness. I just can't say exactly what the solution is going to look like yet. But as far as it being out of character for the innkeepers to demand a cut of the work that does occur in their inn, that complaint doesn't make any sense to me.

i wouldn't worry too much i think you did a very good job and i never thought about using the player home mainly because i installed a multi marriage mod and am just a complete polygamist freak lol my character seems to have a real problem with spouse hoarding

1 hour ago, mark44667 said:

i wouldn't worry too much i think you did a very good job and i never thought about using the player home mainly because i installed a multi marriage mod and am just a complete polygamist freak lol my character seems to have a real problem with spouse hoarding

lol well I'm not doing it just because one person said something. These are already things I've thought about.

7 minutes ago, ruddycray said:

lol well I'm not doing it just because one person said something. These are already things I've thought about.

i know just trying to be mildly amusing :) wish there were a mod to store unused spouses in a chest or drawer i'll have to download more house mods soon 

58 minutes ago, Corsayr said:

Not so much a mod question, but sort of related. 

What is going on here?

Hide contents

unknown.png 

This is from one of the mods thumbnail images on the description page. :)

If you mean what's behind her, then yeah, it's related to the quest. He's not actually doing anything.

16 minutes ago, Corsayr said:

But its a baby, right? 

No, it's not a baby. It's a dead man lying on the ground. His feet are facing the camera and his head is pointing away from the camera.

It kind of looks like she is carrying a baby in her left arm, but that is not it.

58 minutes ago, Herowynne said:

No, it's not a baby. It's a dead man lying on the ground. His feet are facing the camera and his head is pointing away from the camera.

It kind of looks like she is carrying a baby in her left arm, but that is not it.

oh now I see it, the head is actually a hand.

lol, I was like why is she carrying a baby like it's an Intro to English Lit text book on her way to a poetry slam? ?

50 minutes ago, Corsayr said:

oh now I see it, the head is actually a hand.

lol, I was like why is she carrying a baby like it's an Intro to English Lit text book on her way to a poetry slam? ?

LMAO it does look like that. Guess I need to work on my screenshot composition ?

Speaking of which, we have pregnancy mods for years now but I don't think we have any good baby models? Not even sure how that would work, but I'm wondering if anyone knows if there was something of quality done. Usually when the player gets a kid they are already looking like 8-10 years old with these mods

1 hour ago, Aequus said:

LE version please?

To be honest, I don't have time to double test everything. I don't use any custom meshes or textures, and I don't anticipate using any SE specific script stuff, so in theory it should be possible to make it work. It may even work if you unpack the BSA file and do facegen, but I'm not officially supporting it - meaning I won't fix bugs that are only on LE or helping you to get it to work.

I am ok with it if someone wants to do an LE port that they are willing to support, though, as long as it's just a port.

On 2/2/2021 at 1:51 PM, Vajda2 said:

At Dibella’s Garden Brothel in Whiterun, the cell for the clothes men's and nude women's quest is not reset, even though I left Dibella’s Garden Brothel for a day before its second launch. Is it possible to do this with a command?

I looked into this a little bit more, and the cell will reset. I think the default reset time is something like 10 days, though. I had code in there specifically to reset the Solitude cell, but I didn't update it to account for the new brothel location. I will fix that in the next release. Thanks for reporting it.

This is not a big deal: The Quest “Join Dibella’s Garden” After talking to Eliana Dueara, the quest will remain active, because it does not allow the play the option: “if they do not want to join or work for Dibella’s Garden.” Eliana does indicate: “The offer is still open, if you change your mind.”  Something for you to think about, to help clean up and reduce the size of the Active Quest File.

10 hours ago, Charmingfox said:

This is not a big deal: The Quest “Join Dibella’s Garden” After talking to Eliana Dueara, the quest will remain active, because it does not allow the play the option: “if they do not want to join or work for Dibella’s Garden.” Eliana does indicate: “The offer is still open, if you change your mind.”  Something for you to think about, to help clean up and reduce the size of the Active Quest File.

I'm actually planning on making some changes to that quest for the next release so that it doesn't immediately start the quest as soon as you talk to a madam and won't start it unless you say you want a job.

I'm doing a little bit of other clean-up to that one, too. I think I've already made it not start immediately.

I do not know if you have taken a little bit of time and did some background research on the recorded history on brothels, going back as early as 400 BC and up to 1900 AD. It may help you in the background development and storyline of each of your brothels and the use of innkeepers. Although, I previously argue that Skyrim innkeepers are not pimps. However, recorded history does indicate that landlords and innkeepers did charge more to rent a room or bed to a working prostitute. Whereas, many countries and city governments throughout recorded history accepted brothels and prostitution as an acceptable evil that could be controlled and provide a taxable income for their treasury.

One method of historical government control your mod already addresses: Identification and licensing was commended practice throughout recorded history in many parts of the world. It was interesting to learn that in some cultures, if a young woman was very beautiful, the government official would often try to persuade the young women not to be a prostitute.

Based on my years of Skyrim gaming experience, the average number of male NPCs inside a tavern is generally, five or less, if there is no mod installed to increase this number. Therefore, should the innkeeper charge more for the bed or collect prostitution tax in advance or do both, to keep the innkeepers from appearing as pimps and keep the mod and game within historical content? This is offer as a suggestion that you may have not been aware of the average number of male NPCs inside a tavern is generally five or less. Thereby, allowing the player PC to obtain more income and freedom and fun as a prostitute, if they want to. Sense your current mod does not offer any advantage of being a brothel prostitute; giving you the time to create this ability in later version, if it can be accomplished.

Record history does indicate that legal prostitution may have been a more acceptable type of economical employment opportunity for women, due to there low social and economical status of having no legal rights in man dominate world, during this time period.  A woman could make more money and gain more social prestige as a prostitute in one day then most could accomplish in weeks. This historical fact still holds true today. Most brothel prostitutes throughout recorded history had more freedom and more time to enjoy life and had a better economical status than other working women.

Brothels where often classified on economical status of their customers and the type of prostitutes that work at the brothel. It is going to be interesting to see, in which direction you are going to take your brothel concept forward in future versions. I suggest that you do a little research, if you haven’t.