7 hours ago, ruddycray said:

I will think about ways I might incorporate them, but to be honest, I'm not sure how much I will really do with that. I don't really get a prostitute vibe from them, and more importantly, to even begin with them you have to go and do a draugr dungeon quest. In my mod description, where I talk about having something where you can play a character who isn't a combat bad-ass right at the start of the game, I was specifically thinking about quest lines like that where even something that should be all about music and poetry, a perfect start for a "not a combat bad-ass" character, is still about going into a dungeon and killing some zombies. I'd have to do some major surgery on a vanilla quest line to improve that, and I don't know that I want to.

8 hours ago, ruddycray said:

I will think about ways I might incorporate them, but to be honest, I'm not sure how much I will really do with that. I don't really get a prostitute vibe from them, and more importantly, to even begin with them you have to go and do a draugr dungeon quest. In my mod description, where I talk about having something where you can play a character who isn't a combat bad-ass right at the start of the game, I was specifically thinking about quest lines like that where even something that should be all about music and poetry, a perfect start for a "not a combat bad-ass" character, is still about going into a dungeon and killing some zombies. I'd have to do some major surgery on a vanilla quest line to improve that, and I don't know that I want to.

In reference to non-combat character – you are not going to get pass level one, unless you are a mage apprentice at the Winterhold College and have a special SexLab mod installed to exchange sex as a payment for training in the schools of magic, from level 1 to level 70, for those who are interested and want to earn more than chicken scratch as a prostitute and have fun doing it with this mod.  If you are the warrior type, you could obtain training in combat, smithing and alchemy in Whiterun and from the Companions at the Hall of Jarrvaskr or become a member of thief guild in Riften to obtain training in the skills of a thief.  The SexLab mod, for players that are interested is called Eager NPC’s SE (SLEN). As for Bard College, one of the primary side quests is to help free one of the woman from prostitution, as a mistresses from one of the wealthy college supporters. The women at the college are mistresses or prostitutes for the wealthy and not always by choice, if I recall correctly. It has been a long time sense I played all of the Bard Quest, or I could of had a romance mod installed that trigger this story line. If you eventually want to, you could add some story lines.  

7 hours ago, Charmingfox said:

In reference to non-combat character – you are not going to get pass level one, unless you are a mage apprentice at the Winterhold College and have a special SexLab mod installed to exchange sex as a payment for training in the schools of magic, from level 1 to level 70, for those who are interested and want to earn more than chicken scratch as a prostitute and have fun doing it with this mod.  If you are the warrior type, you could obtain training in combat, smithing and alchemy in Whiterun and from the Companions at the Hall of Jarrvaskr or become a member of thief guild in Riften to obtain training in the skills of a thief.  The SexLab mod, for players that are interested is called Eager NPC’s SE (SLEN). As for Bard College, one of the primary side quests is to help free one of the woman from prostitution, as a mistresses from one of the wealthy college supporters. The women at the college are mistresses or prostitutes for the wealthy and not always by choice, if I recall correctly. It has been a long time sense I played all of the Bard Quest, or I could of had a romance mod installed that trigger this story line. If you eventually want to, you could add some story lines.  

That is not a vanilla quest. All of the vanilla bard quests are either combat fetch quests, radiant fetch quests that may or may not involve combat, or radiant delivery quests.

There are definitely ways to advance your character past level 1 while playing this mod and not doing combat side quests. It may take a while, but if you want a fast ascendancy to combat prowess, that's really not what I'm going for. Beyond that, I'm talking theme here, not what's fully realized.

Hello everyone,

i really love that mod. There is only one problem.

I always get the message that the animation failed.

I think this messages is coming from Apropo 2.

My current mods are cleaned but i think there is an issue that i can not solve. My mod experience is quite low. Sadly.
So i am not sure if it is this mod or a different mod that may interfere.

Can someone maybe shed light to that?

The animations are not broken from what i can tell. I went outside the building and had a try and it worked. It seems that if i start the quest it brakes. Strange.

I forgot to enable the Papyrus log so i have to submit that later.

Thanks, i tried to follow guides where could find them. But maybe i missed something important to make it work right.

MO2 Loadorder.txt

21 minutes ago, wutpickel said:

Hello everyone,

i really love that mod. There is only one problem.

I always get the message that the animation failed.

I think this messages is coming from Apropo 2.

My current mods are cleaned but i think there is an issue that i can not solve. My mod experience is quite low. Sadly.
So i am not sure if it is this mod or a different mod that may interfere.

Can someone maybe shed light to that?

The animations are not broken from what i can tell. I went outside the building and had a try and it worked. It seems that if i start the quest it brakes. Strange.

I forgot to enable the Papyrus log so i have to submit that later.

Thanks, i tried to follow guides where could find them. But maybe i missed something important to make it work right.

MO2 Loadorder.txt 3.7 kB · 0 downloads

Is the message you're seeing "WARNING: Sex scene failed to start; skipping"? If so, that is from this mod.

And a few follow up questions if you're seeing the message from this mod:

• When do you see that message? Is it any time there is supposed to be a scene, or do you just see it sometimes?
  • Is there a specific scene that is failing, or does it seem to be random?
  • Is this happening in the brothel?

I'll add to the issue that has been already mentioned with Immersive Wenches. The extra NPCs that are added in that Mod are treated as Innkeepers in the inns that they are attached to. They can sell the room to sleep in and can sell out of the merchant inventory for that location. If you get permission from one of them and any of the others see you take a client, then you get reported. Some of the crowded inns, like the Winking Skeever, it's almost impossible to take client without being seen by one the added NPCs. Is it possible to attach the "has permission to work" variable (or whatever you call it) to the cell and not the innkeeper? Or possibly have a global variable for each location?

2 hours ago, ruddycray said:

Is the message you're seeing "WARNING: Sex scene failed to start; skipping"? If so, that is from this mod.

And a few follow up questions if you're seeing the message from this mod:

• When do you see that message? Is it any time there is supposed to be a scene, or do you just see it sometimes?
  • Is there a specific scene that is failing, or does it seem to be random?
  • Is this happening in the brothel?

Hello ruddycrazy,

yes, i think this is it.

It happens before an animation.

Sometimes i thought, it maybe an animation from other actors.
It is happening in the brothel.

I kind of thought, maybe i did something wrong with the animations. But they all setup within SL loader and Sexlab itself.

I reinstalled it today, to make sure there isn't some death stuff from a removed mod. But it seems to be happening.

Well, your mod is still Alpha and so i do not expect everything to work.

As for the scene, they seem to be random. I think some work, some do not. I will write it down because if forgot which ones.

But right now, after the reinstall, the first part of the initial quest failed. The one with giving a head.

Thanks

1 hour ago, wutpickel said:

Hello ruddycrazy,

yes, i think this is it.

It happens before an animation.

Sometimes i thought, it maybe an animation from other actors.
It is happening in the brothel.

I kind of thought, maybe i did something wrong with the animations. But they all setup within SL loader and Sexlab itself.

I reinstalled it today, to make sure there isn't some death stuff from a removed mod. But it seems to be happening.

Well, your mod is still Alpha and so i do not expect everything to work.

As for the scene, they seem to be random. I think some work, some do not. I will write it down because if forgot which ones.

But right now, after the reinstall, the first part of the initial quest failed. The one with giving a head.

Thanks

Please provide as much info as you can if you see it happening, and I will see if I can figure out the cause. Just so you know, the most common causes of this are:

• SexLab hasn't been started yet
  • One of the characters is busy in another scene. This can happen in a brothel without it being a problem, but it should not happen with scenes involving the player character. The interview should be reserving the NPC you're talking to so that they won't appear in another scene, but it's possible there's a bug with this.

If it's happening reliably, then it is probably not a busy character problem. Your SexLab Papyrus log might have more about why the scene is failing to start.

1 hour ago, kevtg26 said:

I'll add to the issue that has been already mentioned with Immersive Wenches. The extra NPCs that are added in that Mod are treated as Innkeepers in the inns that they are attached to. They can sell the room to sleep in and can sell out of the merchant inventory for that location. If you get permission from one of them and any of the others see you take a client, then you get reported. Some of the crowded inns, like the Winking Skeever, it's almost impossible to take client without being seen by one the added NPCs. Is it possible to attach the "has permission to work" variable (or whatever you call it) to the cell and not the innkeeper? Or possibly have a global variable for each location?

This should be fixed in the next release. I don't have Immersive Wenches to test it, but I have changed the way this works so that you should only be reported if you are in a different inn than the one where you're currently supposed to be working.

40 minutes ago, ruddycray said:

This should be fixed in the next release. I don't have Immersive Wenches to test it, but I have changed the way this works so that you should only be reported if you are in a different inn than the one where you're currently supposed to be working.

Cool. Just pointing that because immersive wenches isn't the only mod that works that way and some of the vanilla inns that have waitresses (like Falkreath and Ivarstead) may use the same mechanic.

4 hours ago, ruddycray said:

Please provide as much info as you can if you see it happening, and I will see if I can figure out the cause. Just so you know, the most common causes of this are:

• SexLab hasn't been started yet
  • One of the characters is busy in another scene. This can happen in a brothel without it being a problem, but it should not happen with scenes involving the player character. The interview should be reserving the NPC you're talking to so that they won't appear in another scene, but it's possible there's a bug with this.

If it's happening reliably, then it is probably not a busy character problem. Your SexLab Papyrus log might have more about why the scene is failing to start.

I managed to have the log now.

I will also provide a new loadorder since i (again) reinstalled everything.

Anyway, i have to learn more about Papyrus and how to read these logs.

Thank you

Papyrus.0.log Apropos2.0.log SexLabDebug.0.log Loadorder.txt

1 hour ago, wutpickel said:

Thank you

Papyrus.0.log 1.38 MB · 0 downloads Apropos2.0.log 48.77 kB · 0 downloads SexLabDebug.0.log 57.17 kB · 0 downloads Loadorder.txt 3.57 kB · 0 downloads

Your log has a huge number of "ValidateActor" lines in it in a short period of time, and also has lots of lines that say "They appear to already be animating"

Do any of the mods you have installed by any chance trigger random sex scenes to happen?

57 minutes ago, wutpickel said:

This actually happens too.

One pair having sex, and on top another one is doing theirs.

20210312185813_1.jpg

Yeah, that happens because the prostitutes are scripted to use specific beds, but the player isn't. I'll fix it sooner or later. Maybe next release.

3 hours ago, wutpickel said:

Thank you

Papyrus.0.log 1.38 MB · 1 download Apropos2.0.log 48.77 kB · 1 download SexLabDebug.0.log 57.17 kB · 1 download Loadorder.txt 3.57 kB · 1 download

I looked at this a little more, and I don't see any lines in your logs saying "They are not a valid target for animation", so I think all those "ValidateActor" lines might be just something scanning everybody instead of actually trying to start scenes with them. Your screenshot also appears to show your player character doing a scene. So are the scenes with the player not starting or are you just seeing that message while you're in the brothel? You will see it in the brothel sometimes, and it's not a problem. I will probably make it stop doing that in a future release. As long as you are able to do what the madam tells you to do as the player, then there is no bug here.

9 hours ago, ruddycray said:

I looked at this a little more, and I don't see any lines in your logs saying "They are not a valid target for animation", so I think all those "ValidateActor" lines might be just something scanning everybody instead of actually trying to start scenes with them. Your screenshot also appears to show your player character doing a scene. So are the scenes with the player not starting or are you just seeing that message while you're in the brothel? You will see it in the brothel sometimes, and it's not a problem. I will probably make it stop doing that in a future release. As long as you are able to do what the madam tells you to do as the player, then there is no bug here.

To be honest, i encountered this behavior before not related to this mod.

Though, this was about rape.

Prisonoverhaul allowed to be raped by thief's, though you in a prison with guards, while guards getting to you to do the same thing.

I always thought, that the mod does not scan for present actors in that regard. Not related to your mod though.

So, its kind a hard to say which mod scans for animations/actors. I would assume that it is Adventures or/and Dangerously Nights.

I will remove these two mods and start a new game to see what happens.

But i certainly like to have this mods for their options they provide.

Anyway, its hard for me to tell if they causing the problem. One way to find out. :)

18 minutes ago, wutpickel said:

To be honest, i encountered this behavior before not related to this mod.

Though, this was about rape.

Prisonoverhaul allowed to be raped by thief's, though you in a prison with guards, while guards getting to you to do the same thing.

I always thought, that the mod does not scan for present actors in that regard. Not related to your mod though.

So, its kind a hard to say which mod scans for animations/actors. I would assume that it is Adventures or/and Dangerously Nights.

I will remove these two mods and start a new game to see what happens.

But i certainly like to have this mods for their options they provide.

Anyway, its hard for me to tell if they causing the problem. One way to find out. :)

I understand. My goal here is not necessarily to tell you that you can't use those mods, but if you can narrow down what is causing your problem then I can see if there's anything I can do to improve the compatibility. I can't promise anything, of course, but as with the Immersive Wenches issue if it's something I can readily do something about, then I'm willing to at least look at it.

Although it's a little annoying, disabling your other mods and enabling them in smaller chunks is a good way to narrow down when it stops working, and then we can maybe figure out which mod is colliding with mine.

50 minutes ago, ruddycray said:

I understand. My goal here is not necessarily to tell you that you can't use those mods, but if you can narrow down what is causing your problem then I can see if there's anything I can do to improve the compatibility. I can't promise anything, of course, but as with the Immersive Wenches issue if it's something I can readily do something about, then I'm willing to at least look at it.

Although it's a little annoying, disabling your other mods and enabling them in smaller chunks is a good way to narrow down when it stops working, and then we can maybe figure out which mod is colliding with mine.

Oh, i do not mind.

Your mod is kind of what i was looking for. So i want it to succeed. :)

I just checked without Adventures but that did not change anything. So what i will do is, i will start disable all mods and switch them one at a time on.

Once i found something, i will post it.

6 hours ago, wutpickel said:

Here is my update.

This time i installed my foundation and Sexlab, ZAZ and your mod.

Its still happening. Once you leave the building, everything is smooth.

Loadorder.txt 2.26 kB · 0 downloads Papyrus.0.log 123.79 kB · 0 downloads SexLabDebug.0.log 53.87 kB · 0 downloads

So I"m still a little confused about what you're seeing happen. I'm not an expert on reading SexLab logs, but the only thing that's jumping out at me is this line:

FATAL - Thread[4] AddActor(Catia) - AddActor(Catia) -- Failed to add actor -- They are not a valid target for animation

I would expect this line to trigger the warning, but since it only appears once, I would only expect you to have seen the warning once.

16 hours ago, ruddycray said:

So I"m still a little confused about what you're seeing happen. I'm not an expert on reading SexLab logs, but the only thing that's jumping out at me is this line:

I would expect this line to trigger the warning, but since it only appears once, I would only expect you to have seen the warning once.

I am as confused as you.

Now i am thinking that this has to do perhaps with ZAZ. I am not sure but i experienced it somewhere else as well.

I installed all mods with MO2. Perhaps i need to install it differently. What strikes me is, that it says it does find animation x but if i look in the directory, its there.

And since it seems that i am the only one that experiences it, maybe there is something else wrong with my installation. So i will research that and check, if i did a mistake in the way i installed everything.

The animations by themself seem to work. So that is that.

This problem seems to happen indoors. If action takes place outdoor, its always smooth. No hickups or anything.

Mm.. i am clueless at the moment.

7 hours ago, wutpickel said:

I am as confused as you.

Now i am thinking that this has to do perhaps with ZAZ. I am not sure but i experienced it somewhere else as well.

I installed all mods with MO2. Perhaps i need to install it differently. What strikes me is, that it says it does find animation x but if i look in the directory, its there.

And since it seems that i am the only one that experiences it, maybe there is something else wrong with my installation. So i will research that and check, if i did a mistake in the way i installed everything.

The animations by themself seem to work. So that is that.

This problem seems to happen indoors. If action takes place outdoor, its always smooth. No hickups or anything.

Mm.. i am clueless at the moment.

I should clarify. I'm not just confused about the cause. I'm not sure I understand what exactly the problem is. What exactly isn't working for you?

10 hours ago, ruddycray said:

I should clarify. I'm not just confused about the cause. I'm not sure I understand what exactly the problem is. What exactly isn't working for you?

Well, my problem is that my frame rate goes really down during intercourse.

I am not sure why.

Over the weekend, i tried Vortex. Sadly, the 3th intercourse had the same result with Vortex. It goes from fluid animation to barely 15 frames. Maybe down even more.

Now, i did uncheck some animations. Not sure if that has anything to do with it.

For now, i can not even say if it just this mod or if it is also anywhere else. So i will see and make note.

25 minutes ago, wutpickel said:

Well, my problem is that my frame rate goes really down during intercourse.

I am not sure why.

Over the weekend, i tried Vortex. Sadly, the 3th intercourse had the same result with Vortex. It goes from fluid animation to barely 15 frames. Maybe down even more.

Now, i did uncheck some animations. Not sure if that has anything to do with it.

For now, i can not even say if it just this mod or if it is also anywhere else. So i will see and make note.

That's odd for sure. The code that scans for customers and prostitutes to get together doesn't run constantly, and that's about the only thing from my mod I'd think it could be, and it isn't triggered by animations. Does the frame rate drop only happen in the brothels, or is it any interior location?