1 hour ago, Highborn said:

btw, do you need to become a prostitute to join the temple of Dibella and start their quests? I'm asking because I already had a license in Markarth before I went to rescue Fjotra, but I don't know if it was a requirement for joining the temple later.

No. Nothing you're doing so far is really prostitution.

When does Kovan visit Dibella's Garden?

One of your documented solutions to "The Fabric of Family" is to "entertain Kovan."  However, after many play-throughs, I have never encountered him in Dibella's Garden.  When is he coded to visit such irreputable establishments?

4 hours ago, Maidenslayer said:

When does Kovan visit Dibella's Garden?

One of your documented solutions to "The Fabric of Family" is to "entertain Kovan."  However, after many play-throughs, I have never encountered him in Dibella's Garden.  When is he coded to visit such irreputable establishments?

He goes there after he and his sister talk to Tlatha. Fathasa will go to The Winking Skeever, and Kovan will go to the brothel. She should even say as much if you ask her where he is.

18 hours ago, Maidenslayer said:

Per the Practical Application issue that I reported above, when approaching Vanikseth, tapqvanikseth03 was at stage 200.   (I could not progress to stage 300.)

While waiting for you to respond, I had Vortex re-sort all mods (with The Ancient Profession set to its the "default" loading sequence).  Then, I played through Entertain the Troops and finished the last stage of A Night to Remember.

Vanikseth finally asked "Are you ready to begin?" and advanced to stage 300,   The "No" response showed up, but not the "Yes".  (I could not get to stage 350 or 400.)

In an attempt to repeat my progress, I restarted my game and got stuck back on 200 (like before).

I hope you find out what is causing the erratic behavior.

Update:  This same issue was reported on November 4, 2022 by another user.

Have you asked him what it is he wants you to do? The dialogue prompt should be "What exactly is it you want me to do this time?"

After you ask that, it should advance to stage 300 and then "I'm ready to start" should become available. 

Per your questions above:

Have you asked him what it is he wants you to do? The dialogue prompt should be "What exactly is it you want me to do this time?"

-- The dialog option "What exactly is it you want me to do this time?" only shows up in about 10% of my attempts to get past this point.  Perhaps I have to be standing in a specific spot.  Or, perhaps another mod is interfering with Vanikseth's dialog or timing.  The same issue was reported by another user on November 4th, 2022. All I see are these:

• How is the woman from our experiment?
  • I feel stronger after taking a soul into me with your spell
  • What are you doing with the draugr we put into the woman's body?
  • Is the draugr behaving itself in the woman's body?
  • Can you teach me the spell you used to let me absorb souls?
  • What's your goal with all of these experiments?

After you ask that, it should advance to stage 300 and then "I'm ready to start" should become available. 

-- The dialog option "I'm ready to start" only shows up in about 10% of my reloads or a forced setstage TAPQVanikseth03 300.  Again, perhaps something is interfering with Vanikseth's dialog, timing, where I stand, or Skyrim AE.

Thanks for investigating.  As a programmer, I can understand how difficult it can be to diagnose a problem that cannot be easily replicated (by you or myself).

Edited by Maidenslayer
Spelling error
14 hours ago, Maidenslayer said:

Per your questions above:

-- The dialog option "What exactly is it you want me to do this time?" only shows up in about 10% of my attempts to get past this point.  Perhaps I have to be standing in a specific spot.  Or, perhaps another mod is interfering with Vanikseth's dialog or timing.  The same issue was reported by another user on November 4th, 2022. All I see are these:

• How is the woman from our experiment?
  • I feel stronger after taking a soul into me with your spell
  • What are you doing with the draugr we put into the woman's body?
  • Is the draugr behaving itself in the woman's body?
  • Can you teach me the spell you used to let me absorb souls?
  • What's your goal with all of these experiments?

-- The dialog option "I'm ready to start" only shows up in about 10% of my reloads or a forced setstage TAPQVanikseth03 300.  Again, perhaps something is interfering with Vanikseth's dialog, timing, where I stand, or Skyrim AE.

Thanks for investigating.  As a programmer, I can understand how difficult it can be to diagnose a problem that cannot be easily replicated (by you or myself).

Are you absolutely certain you've scrolled all the way through the dialogue menu?

I'm asking because I've never been able to reproduce reports of the dialogue not appearing at all, but I have seen where the option is very far down in a list of about 10 or so choices.

Edited by ruddycray

A headless naked T-posing female body spawned during the tasting game. At least in the LE version.

And after "Discerning Taste" is completed in the quest log Benjen still says I'm doing a job when I ask for a new one. He still leans on the wall in the corner.

Edited by xyzxyz
1 hour ago, xyzxyz said:

A headless naked T-posing female body spawned during the tasting game. At least in the LE version.

And after "Discerning Taste" is completed in the quest log Benjen still says I'm doing a job when I ask for a new one. He still leans on the wall in the corner.

I have no idea what might cause the T-posing body. The quest doesn't spawn any new NPCs.

You may need to leave the brothel and come back for the quest to fully shut down. I'll get around to making that work better eventually, but it's probably waiting for you to leave so it can clean up the clients without them just popping out of existence right in front of you.

6 hours ago, xyzxyz said:

Personally, I don't have anything like that, but maybe show your mod list in spoiler tags, maybe something will be found.

And the second thing is whether it happens ONLY in this quest or somewhere else.

Edited by killer905
8 hours ago, ruddycray said:

I have no idea what might cause the T-posing body. The quest doesn't spawn any new NPCs.

I think the body was from one of the prostitutes that have sex alongside the player. One of the guest had no partner while doing a bj animation.

2 hours ago, xyzxyz said:

I think the body was from one of the prostitutes that have sex alongside the player. One of the guest had no partner while doing a bj animation.

Did it go away after the scene? Did the scene end? Does it happen every time? Was this maybe a second or third scene with this NPC? What happens if you console disable and enable cycle the body or use resurrect?

At the point where scenes are playing the NPCs are controlled by SexLab, so right off I'm not sure what TAP could be doing that would cause that.

46 minutes ago, ruddycray said:

Did it go away after the scene? Did the scene end? Does it happen every time? Was this maybe a second or third scene with this NPC? What happens if you console disable and enable cycle the body or use resurrect?

At the point where scenes are playing the NPCs are controlled by SexLab, so right off I'm not sure what TAP could be doing that would cause that.

I have a theory. We enter the brothel, TAP sends a request for sex with a client, for example, Phylawen. PC takes the tasting job, we go downstairs and the blowjobs scene begins and here she get teleport to downstairs from her unfinished sex scene with a client. And the effect can be take head and T-Pose. It's a theory and unfortunately I haven't had such a problem myself.

Edited by killer905
14 minutes ago, killer905 said:

I have a theory. We enter the brothel, TAP sends a request for sex with a client, for example, Phylawen. PC takes the tasting job, we go downstairs and the blowjobs scene begins and here she get teleport to downstairs from her unfinished sex scene with a client. And the effect can be take head and T-Pose. It's a theory and unfortunately I haven't had such a problem myself.

I am wondering if a second scene might be starting too fast after the previous one, but Benjen's companions don't entertain anyone but him, and SexLab normally won't allow an NPC who is already in a scene to become part of another one. It's possible there's an LE bug with that part, but I'd also expect to be hearing about it more from LE players if so.

13 minutes ago, ruddycray said:

I am wondering if a second scene might be starting too fast after the previous one, but Benjen's companions don't entertain anyone but him, and SexLab normally won't allow an NPC who is already in a scene to become part of another one. It's possible there's an LE bug with that part, but I'd also expect to be hearing about it more from LE players if so.

I used her name as an example, but it can be any other that participates in the tasting. It may as well be the fault (for some reason) of another mod. Here, too, one can only guess and look for a problem. And I think xyzxyz is the first person to report something like this.

It's best if they were recorded and then you can look for the problem in the code or in the port itself.

14 minutes ago, killer905 said:

I used her name as an example, but it can be any other that participates in the tasting. It may as well be the fault (for some reason) of another mod. Here, too, one can only guess and look for a problem. And I think xyzxyz is the first person to report something like this.

It's best if they were recorded and then you can look for the problem in the code or in the port itself.

I know, but only Benjen's companions participate in the tasting, and the clients at the tasting are separate NPCs and not part of the general client population. I think we're thinking along the same lines that it may be interference from another scene, although as you say that's just a guess and I have never seen this happen either.

2 hours ago, ruddycray said:

I know, but only Benjen's companions participate in the tasting, and the clients at the tasting are separate NPCs and not part of the general client population. I think we're thinking along the same lines that it may be interference from another scene, although as you say that's just a guess and I have never seen this happen either.

It was Phylawen. After reloading the save she was fine again.

Edited by xyzxyz
15 hours ago, ruddycray said:

And that was fixed after I left the building, waited 24hours and entered again.

1 hour ago, xyzxyz said:

And that was fixed after I left the building, waited 24hours and entered again.

It should be enough to just leave and come back. It's been a while since I looked at this quest, but I'm pretty sure it is just waiting for you to leave the brothel. As I said before, that's just so that the party clients don't disappear right in front of you as soon as you get paid.

On 2/10/2022 at 5:32 PM, ruddycray said:

The only options with Tlatha are:

1. You both agree to stop

2. You both can continue working

If you say you want to continue being a prostitute but don't want her to do it she will not want to marry you anymore.

Hi sorry for the ancient quote but this seems to suggest that Tlatha is presently a marriage candidate. If this is true how do you initiate the marriage? I completed both the Blue Palace quest and Fabric of Family quest and talking to her while wearing and amulet does not appear to do anything.

Further information:

Spoiler

Fabric of Famila was completed by getting her brother to confess to her (via the persuasion option)

I am running version 0.13 of the Ancient Profession

My skyrim version is 1.6.353.0 (which is the anniversary update but before recent patches)

I did have the dialogue you get when you speak to her while naked yourself and chose the "shouldn't hide body" option to her (I am paraphrasing here as I frankly don't rightly remember the wording), she responded with something along the lines of that being her beliefs

I do not own a house presently if that matters

I would appreciate your input on the matter and would once again like to say that this remains one of my favorite mods. I also quite liked the Temple of Dibella quests and am hoping radiant quests will be added to it soon, like collecting donations for the temple.

Edit: I found the Tlatha Friendship - TAPQTlatha quest checked the quest stage via showQuestStages. These can be found below in case they are relevant:

Spoiler

Stage 100:1
Stage 150:1 (Item 0, Item 1, Item2)

Stage 200: 0

image.png.9061d92d4309221beec2ca4f3a667249.png

Edited by LetsTestThis
Additional information
44 minutes ago, LetsTestThis said:

Hi sorry for the ancient quote but this seems to suggest that Tlatha is presently a marriage candidate. If this is true how do you initiate the marriage? I completed both the Blue Palace quest and Fabric of Family quest and talking to her while wearing and amulet does not appear to do anything.

Further information:

Hide contents

Fabric of Famila was completed by getting her brother to confess to her (via the persuasion option)

I am running version 0.13 of the Ancient Profession

My skyrim version is 1.6.353.0 (which is the anniversary update but before recent patches)

I did have the dialogue you get when you speak to her while naked yourself and chose the "shouldn't hide body" option to her (I am paraphrasing here as I frankly don't rightly remember the wording), she responded with something along the lines of that being her beliefs

I do not own a house presently if that matters

Edit: I found the Tlatha Friendship - TAPQTlatha quest checked the quest stage via showQuestStages. These can be found below in case they are relevant:

Hide contents

Stage 100:1
Stage 150:1 (Item 0, Item 1, Item2)

Stage 200: 0

image.png.9061d92d4309221beec2ca4f3a667249.png

You don't need an Amulet of Mara for the marriage candidates from TAP. Your stages plus saying you thought Tlatha shouldn't hide her body should have made her available as a marriage candidate. Can you see what this console command says?

getstagedone tapqtlatha 20

That stage means you agreed with Tlatha's philosophy about nudity, so it should say 1 for the result. For marriage with Tlatha to be available, you must have completed one of stage 600, 900, 1000, or 1100 from The Fabric of Family (TAPQTlathaSide01) and stage 20 from the TAPQTlatha background quest.

If you want to force it, you can also use this console command:

setpqv TAPQTlatha IsTlathaRomanceAvailable 1

She should ask to talk to you about your relationship the next time you talk to her, and if you say you are interested in her then she will ask you to marry her.

I would appreciate your input on the matter and would once again like to say that this remains one of my favorite mods. I also quite liked the Temple of Dibella quests and am hoping radiant quests will be added to it soon, like collecting donations for the temple.

It's always nice to hear that someone is enjoying the mod so much. The next release will be a big one for the Temple of Dibella. I've added several new Dibella quests since the 0.13 release already, and I plan to add a few more. Some of those may be repeatable quests to collect donations.

2 hours ago, ruddycray said:

You don't need an Amulet of Mara for the marriage candidates from TAP. Your stages plus saying you thought Tlatha shouldn't hide her body should have made her available as a marriage candidate. Can you see what this console command says?

getstagedone tapqtlatha 20

That stage means you agreed with Tlatha's philosophy about nudity, so it should say 1 for the result. For marriage with Tlatha to be available, you must have completed one of stage 600, 900, 1000, or 1100 from The Fabric of Family (TAPQTlathaSide01) and stage 20 from the TAPQTlatha background quest.

If you want to force it, you can also use this console command:

setpqv TAPQTlatha IsTlathaRomanceAvailable 1

She should ask to talk to you about your relationship the next time you talk to her, and if you say you are interested in her then she will ask you to marry her.

It's always nice to hear that someone is enjoying the mod so much. The next release will be a big one for the Temple of Dibella. I've added several new Dibella quests since the 0.13 release already, and I plan to add a few more. Some of those may be repeatable quests to collect donations.

I checked all the queststages you mentioned here are the results with the format of Stage:CommandReturnValue

tpaqlatha
20:1

TAPQTlathaSide01

600:0

900:0

1000:1

1100:0

My quest log of the relevant quest looks like this:

Spoiler

image.png.0572cf2792b62a29bb56b27783534b2a.png

Am I correct in assuming that the safest way to resolve this issue would be to just set the quest stages that presently return 0 to 1? Else I I'll just force it, mainly trying to avoid potential future issues when her. Maybe to provide some insight in how this might have gone wrong:

Spoiler

I talked to Tlatha once her siblings had left then more or less immediately sprinted to her brother, used the persuasion option to get him to confess to her and the quest seemed to resolve normally from there as far as I could tell. It should probably be noted that he never reached Dibella's garden which might have messed things up?

Edit: I originally wrote 0 for stage 1000 when it was 1, corrected above but in case you were super quick that might be noteworthy.

Edit2: Disregard the striked-through text. I somehow missed the "one of" in your sentence. I'll just force it as you suggested then. Thank you

Edited by LetsTestThis
Misread at first
1 hour ago, LetsTestThis said:

I checked all the queststages you mentioned here are the results with the format of Stage:CommandReturnValue

tpaqlatha
20:1

TAPQTlathaSide01

600:0

900:0

1000:1

1100:0

My quest log of the relevant quest looks like this:

Hide contents

image.png.0572cf2792b62a29bb56b27783534b2a.png

Am I correct in assuming that the safest way to resolve this issue would be to just set the quest stages that presently return 0 to 1? Else I I'll just force it, mainly trying to avoid potential future issues when her. Maybe to provide some insight in how this might have gone wrong:

Hide contents

I talked to Tlatha once her siblings had left then more or less immediately sprinted to her brother, used the persuasion option to get him to confess to her and the quest seemed to resolve normally from there as far as I could tell. It should probably be noted that he never reached Dibella's garden which might have messed things up?

Edit: I originally wrote 0 for stage 1000 when it was 1, corrected above but in case you were super quick that might be noteworthy.

Definitely don't do that. Some of those stages might make the mod think you went down one of the paths that ends badly for Tlatha. For example, stage 700 means you convinced Tlatha to give up on her beliefs.

Spoiler

Going by your completed stages, I am assuming that you convinced Kovan to confess that he and Fathasa were lying to Tlatha and that you did not steal the letter from Fathasa to accomplish that. Stage 500 should have been set if you stole the letter from her.

Edit: Oh you told me that in your spoiler section. Didn't see that :)

You look to be seeing some bugs there, though, as long as you didn't use the console to advance through the quest. If Tlatha is returning to Skyrim, then those objectives should all have been completed already.

Still, I think the safest thing to do is to set the IsTlathaRomanceAvailable value.

Edited by ruddycray
33 minutes ago, ruddycray said:

Definitely don't do that. Some of those stages might make the mod think you went down one of the paths that ends badly for Tlatha. For example, stage 700 means you convinced Tlatha to give up on her beliefs.

Reveal hidden contents

Going by your completed stages, I am assuming that you convinced Kovan to confess that he and Fathasa were lying to Tlatha and that you did not steal the letter from Fathasa to accomplish that. Stage 500 should have been set if you stole the letter from her.

Edit: Oh you told me that in your spoiler section. Didn't see that :)

You look to be seeing some bugs there, though, as long as you didn't use the console to advance through the quest. If Tlatha is returning to Skyrim, then those objectives should all have been completed already.

Still, I think the safest thing to do is to set the IsTlathaRomanceAvailable value.

Yeah just setting the value did the trick thanks again. Hope you have a wonderful rest of your week.

38 minutes ago, LetsTestThis said:

Yeah just setting the value did the trick thanks again. Hope you have a wonderful rest of your week.

I am trying to figure out how that value wasn't set for you by the mod, because it should have been. How long was Tlatha gone? She should have been gone for two weeks of game time. Did you receive a letter from her?

12 hours ago, ruddycray said:

I am trying to figure out how that value wasn't set for you by the mod, because it should have been. How long was Tlatha gone? She should have been gone for two weeks of game time. Did you receive a letter from her?

I frankly don't remember how long she left, it felt like a long time though so two weeks might be accurate, and yes I did receive a letter and she also had new dialogue regarding her family when she came back.