8 hours ago, ruddycray said:

I'm actually thinking that I might provide a way to do this without needing to make TAP a master for your mod or to otherwise directly reference it. I'm not going to promise that it will be in the next release, but it is possible.

Oh, nice. Thank you! 

30 minutes ago, Korpis said:

Oh, nice. Thank you! 

This wound up being pretty easy to do, so as long as no problems show up in testing it should be there.

The way it will work is you will send a mod event with the name of a hook that the scene uses with SexLab. Any scene with that hook name will be exempt from public sex detection. This system should also make it less important to worry about whether the scene starts successfully. As long as a mod doesn't reuse the same hook name for scenes that both should and should not be detected as public sex, then you can just leave the hook registration there.

46 minutes ago, KinkyMoose said:

Hey, it's me again. 

I decided to leave Morthals prostitution license for now. I went to Markarth where i got my licence... but i noticed something that might give us a lead to what's causing my issues.

Anyway, so in Morthals case - the problem is that npc don't talk to each other when they should (atleast that;s what i think) and my character being stuck in place.; In Markarths case - when i got the Dibella girl back to the dibella church thingy, both npc's had a package running from the TAP mod but neither of them talked... it looked like they started talking but a dialog appeard on the bottom of my screen for a second and was gone. NPC's would not do anything, the priestess that gave me the quest would open a dialogue with me but the girl that i brought back was walways busy. Either way the situation seemed similar to the Numeeva's case. The main difference was that i was able to move, so when i left the cell and came back in, girls started having fun and when they finished quest progressed.

I'm sorry for my broken english, but i hope u understood what i tried to say.

Anyway, maybe it has something to do with Fus Roh Duh mod, or whatever it was called. - The one that allowed for silent dialogues. It seems to break on me sometimes whenever npc has a longer sentece and it just appears for a second instead for long enough.

Fuz Ro D'oh problems can definitely interfere with scenes. I'm not sure what would cause it to break for you as long as you have that installed.

The scene in Morthal is probably stuck waiting for Intius to go over near his bed and for your character to walk over to him. If something blocks those things from happening, it won't move on. I've had reports of that happening to other people before. I'll add an item to my list to take a look at it some time. I don't know why it really needs to take over your control of your character.

1 hour ago, ruddycray said:

This wound up being pretty easy to do, so as long as no problems show up in testing it should be there.

The way it will work is you will send a mod event with the name of a hook that the scene uses with SexLab. Any scene with that hook name will be exempt from public sex detection. This system should also make it less important to worry about whether the scene starts successfully. As long as a mod doesn't reuse the same hook name for scenes that both should and should not be detected as public sex, then you can just leave the hook registration there.

I am a novice when it comes to scripting (the only scripts I have some experience is for Fallout New Vegas), but this sounds like something I can give a try once you released it. This definitely sound like something that might make it easier to patch for mods. Thank you for all the hard work!

1 hour ago, Korpis said:

I am a novice when it comes to scripting (the only scripts I have some experience is for Fallout New Vegas), but this sounds like something I can give a try once you released it. This definitely sound like something that might make it easier to patch for mods. Thank you for all the hard work!

I'll provide detailed instructions with the release.

19 minutes ago, Nyx Morrigan said:

Would the freelance prostitution work on any NPCs used for radiant contract quests relating to either the Thieves Guild or Dark Brotherhood? I ask because I'm interested in Sexlab: Murder, Theft and Seduction and your mod here seems to be the perfect fit.

I haven't tested that explicitly, but a lot of NPCs can be solicited. The main thing to check would be the FavorExcludedFaction page I linked to in the mod description. Most of those NPCs are forbidden because it feels weird to me for them not to remember having sex with you, or it allows solicitation dialogue at weird times. You can't solicit Torygg in Sovngarde or the Thalmor at the College of Winterhold who is very suspicious of you.

There are some exceptions, and I'd be willing to add more when they make sense.

Anoriath is a Dark Brotherhood target and an exception. I also made Malborn an exception because it makes sense to me that as part of your cover for talking to the guy who's going to help you sneak into the Thalmor Embassy you play prostitute to him. Right now those are the only two.

I haven't tested that explicitly, but a lot of NPCs can be solicited. The main thing to check would be the FavorExcludedFaction page I linked to in the mod description. Most of those NPCs are forbidden because it feels weird to me for them not to remember having sex with you, or it allows solicitation dialogue at weird times. You can't solicit Torygg in Sovngarde or the Thalmor at the College of Winterhold who is very suspicious of you.

There are some exceptions, and I'd be willing to add more when they make sense.

Anoriath is a Dark Brotherhood target and an exception. I also made Malborn an exception because it makes sense to me that as part of your cover for talking to the guy who's going to help you sneak into the Thalmor Embassy you play prostitute to him. Right now those are the only two.

Thank you for this reply, I'm very appreciative and I will defs be adding your mod into my modlist.

50 minutes ago, ThunderJackson said:

I am doing the quest with Vanikseth called Experimental Breakthrough and I am on collect payment and it's stuck he already have me the payment and the quest is not progressing.  Any idea on a fix?

The quest stage that gives you payment should also be the one that completes the quest. Can you check what stage the quest is on in the console? The command would be:

getstage tapqvanikseth02

Eureka! Turns out - I'm just dumb.

For anyone facing similar issues in the future with this or any other mod using custom dialogues!

If u see some of the dialouges finishing quickly before you can read them; and/or

If the dialogues between npc's that don't involve the player don't actually happen and just stay silet

Make sure that you have isntalled right version of Fuz Ro D-oh mod!

I was being dumb and didn't check the site of the mod. Turned out Silent Voice mod has to be updated/downgraded depending on your game version. It doesnt work for newer/older versions than the one you have installed.

Example: I have downgraded my game after the recent updates with anniversary edition, and now my game is version 1.5.97, but the version of Fuz Ro D-oh I had installed was for the next update 1.6.342.

So yeah... nothing wrong with TAP on my side, just my plain confusion and stupidity.

4 hours ago, KinkyMoose said:

Eureka! Turns out - I'm just dumb.

For anyone facing similar issues in the future with this or any other mod using custom dialogues!

If u see some of the dialouges finishing quickly before you can read them; and/or

If the dialogues between npc's that don't involve the player don't actually happen and just stay silet

Make sure that you have isntalled right version of Fuz Ro D-oh mod!

I was being dumb and didn't check the site of the mod. Turned out Silent Voice mod has to be updated/downgraded depending on your game version. It doesnt work for newer/older versions than the one you have installed.

Example: I have downgraded my game after the recent updates with anniversary edition, and now my game is version 1.5.97, but the version of Fuz Ro D-oh I had installed was for the next update 1.6.342.

So yeah... nothing wrong with TAP on my side, just my plain confusion and stupidity.

Oh yes that will do it. Glad you figured it out!

15 hours ago, ThunderJackson said:

It says Getstage >> 950.00

That should have automatically finished the quest, then. I'm not sure why it wouldn't. What does it say for "State" if you use this console command?

sqv tapqvanikseth02

You may be able to get past this by using this command:

setstage tapqvanikseth02 1100

That shouldn't have been necessary, and when I tested it just a few minutes ago, I even left while Vanikseth was still talking, and the quest still finished for me. But that's the stage it goes to where you should get paid, and the quest should complete.

Hi! This mod seems great! I played around a little in Riften, then started a new game. I'm in Winterhold and went to Dibella's Brothel and started the quest. However, there are never any customers anywhere in the brothel. I've tried waiting, leaving, sleeping at the Inn and coming back, nothing. I also can't seem to solicit anyone outside of the brothel, which I was able to do in my last test game in Riften.

Looks like others have perhaps had similar issues with no customers appearing, but I haven't seen a solution.

Any help would be appreciated.

2 minutes ago, Madisonx said:

Hi! This mod seems great! I played around a little in Riften, then started a new game. I'm in Winterhold and went to Dibella's Brothel and started the quest. However, there are never any customers anywhere in the brothel. I've tried waiting, leaving, sleeping at the Inn and coming back, nothing. I also can't seem to solicit anyone outside of the brothel, which I was able to do in my last test game in Riften.

Looks like others have perhaps had similar issues with no customers appearing, but I haven't seen a solution.

Any help would be appreciated.

There is no brothel in Winterhold. Did you mean Windhelm?

Also, are you by chance using the TAP Interiors mod together with this?

Have you tried saving in the brothel, exiting Skyrim, then reloading that saved game?

There is no brothel in Winterhold. Did you mean Windhelm?

Also, are you by chance using the TAP Interiors mod together with this?

Have you tried saving in the brothel, exiting Skyrim, then reloading that saved game?

ok, this post is not directed toward mod creator Ruddy but to the users community. I've recently done  alot of mod testing with various LO profile, and on my non-TAP profile i've used the 2 JK's outskirts mod, windhelm and whiterun, those mods are great, sadly i can't really use them with my TAP playthrough, the brothel locations conflict with JK new location edit.  I would love to make a patch, but just lack the knowledge required. So if any of you using TAP that know how to patch this could do me, and the community a solid, and share it here, it would be much appreciated ? The whiterun location is only a couple trees clipping as far as i can see, but the windhelm location seems more problematic.

Don't want to burden ruddy with this kind of shit, but thought it was worth a shot to ask it here, thx!

Edited by erynyes
17 minutes ago, xtrange988 said:

Can you provide pics? I don't use JK stuff but could make a patch.

you want in-game clipping/conflicts pics? if so i could probably take some screenshots, if it's pics of JK's mod edit i've already linked them above, they are pretty well documented. And if it's CK conflict pics you are asking for, sorry, but thats beyond my skill set ?

Edit : BTW xtrange988 if you can suggest any guide/tutorial on how to do these kind of patch, i would be gratefull, i'm willing to learn

Edited by erynyes
11 hours ago, erynyes said:

you want in-game clipping/conflicts pics? if so i could probably take some screenshots, if it's pics of JK's mod edit i've already linked them above, they are pretty well documented. And if it's CK conflict pics you are asking for, sorry, but thats beyond my skill set ?

Edit : BTW xtrange988 if you can suggest any guide/tutorial on how to do these kind of patch, i would be gratefull, i'm willing to learn

All right. 

First you have to flag both .esp as ESM. In xEdit in the right panel there's a section called Record Header and inside that one called Record Flag. Double click it select ESM from a dropdown menu. You need to do that for both mods. The Ancient Profession esp. and JK. Don't change anything else, you will revert this change later removing the ESM flag.

You need to open the CK and select both mods flagged as ESM as master. They automatically add their own master files so don't worry about them. Your patch.esp will be generated once you hit save. If you want to load the esp. again to keep modifying it, you need to flag the master files as ESM again in xEdit and set your mod as Active in the CK before loading it

>https://levelskip.com/rpgs/Beginners-guide-to-creating-Skyrim-mods-using-the-Skyrim-Creation-kit

>https://github.com/ciathyza/modding-guides/blob/master/Cheat Sheets/Creation Kit Interface Cheat Sheet.md

The more delicate part is Navmeshing, follow this tutorial if you really need to change and cut the navmesh. This way you can separate portions of the navmesh, move them down (holding Z key) and rebuild the section if necessary.

Spoiler

There's a safer and simpler way to do the same using Collision Boxes to cut the navmesh. Don't forget to toggle the markers On (M Key), other wise you will not see the the collision box. Be careful to not cover the way towards doors or other activable objects like the dude in this video did, to avoid issues with NPCS not being able to reach the door. You can use multiple boxes to cover the object geometry better. Every part of the Navmesh that is inside the collision box gets cut in-game. This is used to dinamically modify the navmesh in game, like with vertical lift bridges or other temporary obstacles.

Spoiler

You can find a tutorial to flag your mod as ESL but only if you used collision boxes. I've read there are issues with ESL mods that modify navmesh. Same if your patch adds new cells, not safe.

Edited by xtrange988
53 minutes ago, xtrange988 said:

All right. 

First you have to flag both .esp as ESM. In xEdit in the right panel there's a section called Record Header and inside that one called Record Flag. Double click it select ESM from a dropdown menu. You need to do that for both mods. The Ancient Profession esp. and JK. Don't change anything else, you will revert this change later removing the ESM flag.

You need to open the CK and select both mods flagged as ESM as master. They automatically add their own master files so don't worry about them. Your patch.esp will be generated once you hit save. If you want to load the esp. again to keep modifying it, you need to flag the master files as ESM again in xEdit and set your mod as Active in the CK before loading it

>https://levelskip.com/rpgs/Beginners-guide-to-creating-Skyrim-mods-using-the-Skyrim-Creation-kit

>https://github.com/ciathyza/modding-guides/blob/master/Cheat Sheets/Creation Kit Interface Cheat Sheet.md

The more delicate part is Navmeshing, follow this tutorial if you really need to change and cut the navmesh. This way you can separate portions of the navmesh, move them down (holding Z key) and rebuild the section if necessary.

Reveal hidden contents

There's a safer and simpler way to do the same using Collision Boxes to cut the navmesh. Don't forget to toggle the markers On (M Key), other wise you will not see the the collision box. Be careful to not cover the way towards doors or other activable objects like the dude in this video did, to avoid issues with NPCS not being able to reach the door. You can use multiple boxes to cover the object geometry better. Every part of the Navmesh that is inside the collision box gets cut in-game. This is used to dinamically modify the navmesh in game, like with vertical lift bridges or other temporary obstacles.

Reveal hidden contents

You can find a tutorial to flag your mod as ESL but only if you used collision boxes. I've read there are issues with ESL mods that modify navmesh. Same if your patch adds new cells, not safe.

Thx for the detailed answer, that will really help me, time to dust off my xEdit and CK laziness ?

Hi Folks, 

I've been passionately using TAS and all its downloads. I also (thought) to have all things installed correctly. Turns out I have a crash in form of a "black screen of death" i.e. likely texture fault when I enter Dawnstar. It took many tests.. e.g. coc DawnstarBarracks and then going outside on a new game works every time. Waiting 10d for spawns works fine. Yet, talk to any innkeeper, any prostitute and start TAS - then I get a black screen of death in Dawnstar. Nowhere else. And reliably so. So even in the Dawnstar Inn.. just going in, starting TAS and then going outside immediately triggers the Black Screen Bug.

Obviously I assume I installed something incorrectly -I'm trying my luck to narrow down the probelm quicker. 

• Any thoughts what could start of in TAS in Dawnstar? 
  • Any chars you know will spawn in Dawnstar? 
  • Any outfits you may attribute to Dawnstar prostitutes if you have downloaded all cloth sets?
  • Anything else that comes to mind? 

I do have JK Skyrim installed, run 3BA stuff, tons of outfits that work, Bits and Pieces skin and RSV setup etc but all work normally everywhere else. 

Thanks so much for any hints / tips / thougths. 

Hey guys, hope someone can help :)

I just started a new skyrim playthrough with this mod and got spawned in winterhold (skyrim unbound)

So first thing I do is try to prostitute myself in the inn of course!

Long story short, I am stuck on Vanikseth, he is not walking to his hideout at all. I know the "known issues" says he gets stuck but I can't get him to go at all. Tried porting him outside the inn, reloading the game etc... Dk what else to try? If I knew where his hideout was, I'd move him there, or if I knew the quest stages I could advance a stage... Any help :) ?