Hello Lovers Lab.

For some time now, I've been trying to get my hands on a decent Posthuman race mod for New Vegas.

Might I say, quite unsucessfully.

The mods I've managed to find are pretty much limited to SmileyTops Robot Race and a couple of armor sets that make you look like a robot.

I want something a little more.

I would greatly appreciate if somebody could make a mod that blends human and robot characteristics.

Here are some examples of what I'm looking for:

http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs48/f/2009/165/1/8/Beauty_in_the_Posthuman_by_conzpiracy.jpg

http://shadowness.com/file/item6/162267/image_t6.jpg
http://www.oddycentral.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/000314J48-11.jpg

:3 I really hope somebody could make this into a useable race for Fallout.

• 1 month later...

i already had my humble try at making a android race from the ARES project, but it's quite complicated.

first of all, there's no male counterpart

second problem is that whenever a character of that race would wear any armor/clothes, they'd have lost the robot body and reverted to standardbody with robot texture.

third is i havent worked with GECK more than just putting items into worldspaces.

if there were a way to add such a robot race with complete clothes/armor replacer working, i'd love it :)

i already had my humble try at making a android race from the ARES project, but it's quite complicated.

first of all, there's no male counterpart

second problem is that whenever a character of that race would wear any armor/clothes, they'd have lost the robot body and reverted to standardbody with robot texture.

third is i havent worked with GECK more than just putting items into worldspaces.

if there were a way to add such a robot race with complete clothes/armor replacer working, i'd love it :)

Yeah we need one that's just a skin replacer, thenm if it has permissions I could add it into SCR as a Sexout race :)

so you only need a texture? well, thats one of the easiest tasks.

all i need is UV-Map template with the vertices of the bodyparts marked and some stock textures.

do you want something like maintenance slots etc. serialnumbers, barcode?

i just suppose it'll be type3 texture ;)

have to be more cautious - photoshop seems to crash randomly when editing multiple 4096x4096 textures...

so i meddled a bit with the ares textures and mesh and in less than an hour, i came to this humble first result.

of course it needs a lot of more work to look good.

[spoiler=screenshot and texture]post-39861-0-92814500-1363186247_thumb.jpgpost-39861-0-65213300-1363186334_thumb.jpg

the UVtemplate was messed up in the lower part (feet and bottom) so thats where the texture needs a lot of rigging, but its just my first attempt and i'm still practicing.

i will change a lot more about the texture:

- change the bodypart seams (they still look terrible)

- make different versions with other t3 bodytextures

- add some other details

give me your feedback - ideas, wishes, maybe even link me to the bodytexture you want me to use.

so i meddled a bit with the ares textures and mesh and in less than an hour, i came to this humble first result.

of course it needs a lot of more work to look good.

[spoiler=screenshot and texture]attachicon.gifUntitled-1.jpgattachicon.gifaresbody2.jpg

the UVtemplate was messed up in the lower part (feet and bottom) so thats where the texture needs a lot of rigging, but its just my first attempt and i'm still practicing.

i will change a lot more about the texture:

- change the bodypart seams (they still look terrible)

- make different versions with other t3 bodytextures

- add some other details

give me your feedback - ideas, wishes, maybe even link me to the bodytexture you want me to use.

That looks pretty cool, I was also looking at making Ares project as a supported companion eventually, just got heaps to do, when you have the texture finalised create your self an upload with a replacer & non-replacer file and I'll set up a new race in SCR pointing to the non-replacer version.

well, as you seem to be really interested in this, tell me your wishes on what details the texture should have.

if noone posts their wishes, i wil ljust go ahead and make it the way i think is easiest and best looking on my own preferences ;-)

also i havent yet got permission from blackblossom for re-using the body texture and the dark texture for the seams is directly taken from ares project, but i'll find free textures and use those.

i'm actually wanting to use those for FO3 and i havent any clue as of how to make a custom race myself yet. i want to use it as replacer race for some characters that seem to be androids of the old type (before "Harkness").

that also means i need some texture for breeze's male too.

sounds like a lot of work ;-)

well, as you seem to be really interested in this, tell me your wishes on what details the texture should have.

if noone posts their wishes, i wil ljust go ahead and make it the way i think is easiest and best looking on my own preferences ;-)

also i havent yet got permission from blackblossom for re-using the body texture and the dark texture for the seams is directly taken from ares project, but i'll find free textures and use those.

i'm actually wanting to use those for FO3 and i havent any clue as of how to make a custom race myself yet. i want to use it as replacer race for some characters that seem to be androids of the old type (before "Harkness").

that also means i need some texture for breeze's male too.

sounds like a lot of work ;-)

Yeah whatever we do a male would be pretty handy, we can always improve & update the textures later without issues. It's not hard for me to create the race, some of GSB's stuff looked promising, perhaps I'll use the ARES or GSB folder path locations for the base and people can overwrite that with their prefered tewxtures :)

Neloo looks great but I think it's all meshes, which means more new outfits in SCR & Pregnant body meshes for those inclined, I want to keep the outfits to just T3 Cali, T6M & BNB I think.

are you sure you could make that android race .esp for FO3 too? i might then be able to change the NPCs' races myself.

as i read, those mods ha dadditional armor and clothes (actually clones of the outfits meshes with the robot body) and you could craft those outfits using the original outfits.

the new approach doesnt need any of that, as it uses the playerbody and androidbodytexture (just as raiders do use playerbody and raiderbodytextures).

also that way, i will later add android children.

sure it would be great to be able to have a new bodymesh for that race, but thast woudl interfere with the clothes/armor/outfits and curently i have no clue of how to handle that. (it could maybe be done like with breakarmor/setbody/autosetbody, but maybe be quite unstable.)

are you sure you could make that android race .esp for FO3 too? i might then be able to change the NPCs' races myself.

as i read, those mods ha dadditional armor and clothes (actually clones of the outfits meshes with the robot body) and you could craft those outfits using the original outfits.

the new approach doesnt need any of that, as it uses the playerbody and androidbodytexture (just as raiders do use playerbody and raiderbodytextures).

also that way, i will later add android children.

sure it would be great to be able to have a new bodymesh for that race, but thast woudl interfere with the clothes/armor/outfits and curently i have no clue of how to handle that. (it could maybe be done like with breakarmor/setbody/autosetbody, but maybe be quite unstable.)

I can't do FO3, I don't have it installed, and I would be doing it as part of SCR, though I suspect it's pretty easy to spilt just the race into an esp and providing it has no dependancies to New Vegas or NVSE it should work in FO3 I think.

I'll have a poke with it over the weekend after I get my SCR update released.

okay, maybe i'll just ahve to figure it out myself ;-) maybe its about damn time i get used to the GECK.

i'll soon continue working on the texture.

first i need a type3 body texture and seamtexture that are free to change and redistribute.

next i need a lot of free time and motivation to continue this.

also i'm not quite sure about the normalmaps yet. as there wont be any meshchanges, i will have to determien the depth of the seamlines via the normalmap.

Archived