Dark Bloodlines

Bucky

I've hit a bump in the road: I did the first two quests (Waterfront pitcher and Cheydenhal pervert) and then did the two head turnin nonquests which opened in the second glass case; no more contracts appear in those two cases. So I tried to move on to the third case and I get a message about "Tavern in the Shadows of Anvil". According to other folks here, this means I should go rest in the Counts Arms, but nothing seems to happen there.

I haven't played it yet

but how many new quests are there?

There's only one more contract added in the new version. Of all the quests you should be able to do there is the missing pitcher quest, the love letters side quest, the chastity thief quest, the fury demon quest (wraith quest), the two bandit head hunting quests, and then the new quest added by .3 where you have to find some missing girls (it's a fairly long and really well done quest), but I, or someone else, needs to clean up the translations to make that quest easier to do.

Strangeness: I think I'm doing this right, but I'm not certain if I'm doing something wrong, or if there's a bug in the quest. Details in Spoiler.

So I'm rescuing the kidnapped girls. I found the ramshackle house, went in the cave, and got captured. I woke up in a space-like place, found the Shadow, and he told me to attune a red crystal with a blue crystal he gave me. I found two red crystals, one cracked and one "normal". I go to the pedestal on the other side from the Shadow and place the blue crystal on it. Then I place the normal red crystal on it. I then get my control frozen and see a pretty cool animation with fire shooting up from the combined (?) crystal, so I think I've done the right thing. However, I never break out of the control freeze; after waiting five minutes I hit enableplayercontrol and broke out myself, but I never got the combined crystal. Am I making a mistake in how to handle this, or is this a bug?

Strangeness: I think I'm doing this right' date=' but I'm not certain if I'm doing something wrong, or if there's a bug in the quest. Details in Spoiler.

So I'm rescuing the kidnapped girls. I found the ramshackle house, went in the cave, and got captured. I woke up in a space-like place, found the Shadow, and he told me to attune a red crystal with a blue crystal he gave me. I found two red crystals, one cracked and one "normal". I go to the pedestal on the other side from the Shadow and place the blue crystal on it. Then I place the normal red crystal on it. I then get my control frozen and see a pretty cool animation with fire shooting up from the combined (?) crystal, so I think I've done the right thing. However, I never break out of the control freeze; after waiting five minutes I hit enableplayercontrol and broke out myself, but I never got the combined crystal. Am I making a mistake in how to handle this, or is this a bug?

...Just as a heads up I found 2 bugs while playing through that I'm almost positive have nothing to do with my translations. First one is that when you get left for dead by the bandits and have to combine the crystals the timer is either very slow or never updates so you get stuck. If this happens easiest way to fix it is open the console and type "set zBHOrder273Q.CryTimer to 6", this may be a bug caused by my timescale not being set to 30 so it may not happen to you. The second bug is that the second time you enter the Bandit's hideout the bandit's don't attack you and just stand around. This is probably a good thing considering how hard they were for my character to kill them when I attacked them, but still a bug. Besides that the quest should play through without any issues and when you report to Vincent that you've complete the contract that's the end of the mod quest.

BUGs, BUGs and More BUGs!!!

I'm Stuck in the Bandits Shelter! they get my toon strip her then just stand around and doss play through and break out of the control freeze I'v waiting 10 minutes so fir!!!!

A Fix Soon????

Ho PS: I can not use the Console the ~ doss not work for me i'm useing Windows XP so i use "Ring of Console"

BUGs' date=' BUGs and More BUGs!!!

I'm Stuck in the Bandits Shelter! they get my toon strip her then just stand around and doss play through and break out of the control freeze I'v waiting 10 minutes so fir!!!!

A Fix Soon????

Ho PS: I can not use the Console the ~ doss not work for me i'm useing Windows XP so i use "Ring of Console"

[/quote']

That's got to be a mod conflict. I've got dark bloodlines loading after my bashed patch and the only time my character gets stuck is when combining the crystal. I'm hoping the next version of dark bloodlines will be more stable.

Yes Just LOOK 2 pages Back!

Sweet' date=' this looks like an interesting mod. Would it be safe to use on my current game?

[/quote']

It's pretty stable, but you should look back at my earlier posts regarding the known bugs for the latest version of dark bloodlines. It seems to work best when loading towards the bottom but it will conflict with the "bloody mess" mod and "loversMB." The conflicts with "bloody mess" are mostly just a nuisance since dark bloodlines implements a similar system which really nukes your personality when you get into a fight. Dark Bloodlines completely duplicates loversMB just so it can implement a little extra functionality so LoversMB is no longer needed if using Dark Bloodlines but that means you'll have problems if there are any mods you use that rely on LoversMB.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and the bounty hunting functionality is a bit unreliable because the beheading sometimes doesn't work or gives you commonor heads when you behead a bandit (along with the infamy that comes with it), but that's a fairly rare bug in my game and seems to fix itself by just killing another bandit and trying to behead him.

Tryed and Tryed But can not get it to go on I'v turnd off most of the Lovers Mod and a Lot of my other mods i'm using but it still will not Work!!!

Is there a "advance through the quest by entering setstage"? to go on to the Next Part???

P.S. If i can not fix this then i'll just have to turn off Dark Bloodlines so i can just keep playing my game!

WOW Nice Job well put togeather nicely done well thought out and lots of additions (((wink Wish there was DMRA version of the clothes and an option for the female players to interact with the hookers ;) ))))))))) other then that said no bugs till the joining of the crystals where I needed to use enableplayercontrols and once getting the 2 crystals using this tip was right on "see Below" As far as the translation thaks so much for all your hard work on this to manny times we forget to let people know we love their effort and hard work in this for no money and the occasional pat on the back..thanks again and keep up the hard work..... we deff like it ( looking forward to more additions )

EDIT2: Just as a heads up I found 2 bugs while playing through that I'm almost positive have nothing to do with my translations. First one is that when you get left for dead by the bandits and have to combine the crystals the timer is either very slow or never updates so you get stuck. If this happens easiest way to fix it is open the console and type "set zBHOrder273Q.CryTimer to 6", this may be a bug caused by my timescale not being set to 30 so it may not happen to you. The second bug is that the second time you enter the Bandit's hideout the bandit's don't attack you and just stand around. This is probably a good thing considering how hard they were for my character to kill them when I attacked them, but still a bug. Besides that the quest should play through without any issues and when you report to Vincent that you've complete the contract that's the end of the mod quest.

If anyone has gotten stuck during the "meeting" between culprit and victim in the Chastity Thief quest, I've fixed a problem I had during that quest. The victim would appear to stand face-to-face with the culprit, without their meeting actually happening, and then turn and leave for her home herself. This breaks the quest, and appears to happen if you aren't in the correct place when the meeting is supposed to start.

The correct procedure is, after you follow the victim to the inn, and then get the quest update at the entrance to the inn (the one that tells you to follow the two home), to get upstairs and near to the two before the victim has time to turn and leave. If you did it right, your controls will be disabled while they talk.

On a personal note, I'm not particularly enjoying the next bits of the quest. Much of that is because my install of Oblivion is unstable and has long load times for everything, and also because combat becomes extremely tedious if your character is too high in level. Not really the plugin's fault except insofar as having so much combat, but I thought I'd toss it out there.

"long load times for everything" about 3mins, "and also because combat becomes extremely tedious if your character is too high in level" She's level 55!

And that quest worked ok for me..It's the Bandits Shelter! Quest that's Killing Me!

And i Still Love this Mod To!!!!

I'm a bit stuck on the "collect bandit heads from outside inns" quest. I'm pretty sure I've been everywhere on the contract, plus Roxey, Drunken Dragon, and Imperial Bridge Inns. Allowing for respawns, I must have handed in double the required number, but I'm not seeing the topic to complete the quest.

I assume I'm either missing a location, or else doing something wrong. Do all the heads need to be handed in at once, or something?

Archived