Jump to content
IGNORED

Random CTDS


Guest

Recommended Posts

 I found out that my game just crashes randomly. I was playing for a solid 20 minutes before I tried to loot a Frostbite Spider. I logged into the game again and tried to talk to Ralof in Helgen Keep - the game crashes 1 minute in. I'm noticing a trend with the crashes - At the end of the Papyrus logs, the random CTDs keep happening whenever NPCs get "schlongified" when looking at my character.  Here are my mods and load orders:

 

Spoiler

  0  0     Skyrim.esm
  1  1     Update.esm
  2  2     Dawnguard.esm
  3  3     HearthFires.esm
  4  4     Dragonborn.esm
  5  5     Unofficial Skyrim Legendary Edition Patch.esp
  6  6     Skyrim Supplemental Patch.esp
  7  7     ClimatesOfTamriel.esm
  8  8     Unique Flowers & Plants.esm
  9  9     Lanterns Of Skyrim - All In One - Main.esm
 10  a     Devious Devices - Assets.esm
 11  b     Devious Devices - Integration.esm
 12  c     Devious Devices - Expansion.esm
 13  d     RSkyrimChildren.esm
 14  e     Skyrim - Utility Mod.esm
 15  f     hdtHighHeel.esm
 16 10     Schlongs of Skyrim - Core.esm
 17 11     SexLab.esm
 18 12     SexLabAroused.esm
 19 13     CreatureFramework.esm
 20 14     ZaZAnimationPack.esm
 21 15     Skyrim Project Optimization - Full Version.esm
 22 16     SkyUI.esp
 23 17     UIExtensions.esp
 24 18     FNIS.esp
 25 19     SOS - VectorPlexus Regular Addon.esp
 26 1a     SoS_CoT_Patch.esp
 27 1b     SOSRaceMenu.esp
 28 1c     Devious Devices - Equip.esp
 29 1d     Deviously Cursed Loot LAL AddOn.esp
 30 1e     Deviously Cursed Loot.esp
 31 1f     RaceMenuPlugin.esp
 32 20     RaceMenuMorphsCOS.esp
 33 21     RaceMenuMorphsCBBE.esp
 34 22     RaceMenu.esp
 35 23     HDTPhysicsWeaponSling.esp
 36 24     CharmingHighHeels.esp
 37 25     HornyCreatures.esp
 38 26     SimpleSlavery.esp
 39 27     Schlongs of Skyrim.esp
 40 28     [COCO]Bikini_collection.esp
 41 29     [COCO]CheongSan_full.esp
 42 2a     _GSPoses.esp
 43 2b     AddItemMenuLE.esp
 44 2c     Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp
 45 2d     AMatterOfTime.esp
 46 2e     HDT Capes.esp
 47 2f     Wintermyst - Enchantments of Skyrim.esp
 48 30     AMB Glass Variants Lore.esp
 49 31     AOS.esp
 50 32     Complete Crafting Overhaul_Remade.esp
 51 33     RealisticWaterTwo.esp
 52 34     SoundsofSkyrimComplete.esp
 53 35     MoreBanditCamps(Explorer'sEdition).esp
 54 36     Skyrim Immersive Creatures.esp
 55 37     SLO_StoneWalls.esp
 56 38     Sea of Spirits.esp
 57 39     skyBirds - Airborne Perching Birds.esp
 58 3a     SkyTEST-RealisticAnimals&Predators.esp
 59 3b     Snowy AF Windhelm.esp
 60 3c     SexyBanditCaptives.esp
 61 3d     Immersive Encounters.esp
 62 3e     SMIM-Merged-All.esp
 63 3f     RealisticWaterTwo - Legendary.esp
 64 40     Cloaks.esp
 65 41     Blowing in the Wind.esp
 66 42     MajesticMountains_Moss.esp
 67 43     Mortal Enemies.esp
           RealisticWaterTwo - Waves.esp
 68 44     NewArmoury.esp
 69 45     Drinking Fountains of Skyrim.esp
 70 46     Bells of Skyrim.esp
 71 47     Morning Fogs.esp
           RealisticWaterTwo - Dragonborn.esp
 72 48     EmbersHD.esp
 73 49     mihailoldgod.esp
           RealisticWaterTwo - Waves - Dawnguard.esp
           RealisticWaterTwo - Dawnguard.esp
 74 4a     Blowing in the Wind - SMIM Merged All Patch.esp
 75 4b     Equipping Overhaul.esp
 76 4c     Vividian - Weather Patch CoT - AOS.esp
 77 4d     ClimatesOfTamriel-Nights-Level-1.esp
 78 4e     AOS2_CoT3_1_patch.esp
 79 4f     dD - Enhanced Blood Main.esp
 80 50     AOS2_EBT Patch.esp
 81 51     AOS2_RealisticWaterTwo Patch.esp
 82 52     Auto Unequip Ammo.esp
 83 53     The Ordinary Women.esp
 84 54     Bijin NPCs.esp
 85 55     Extended UI.esp
 86 56     Bijin Warmaidens.esp
 87 57     Bijin Wives.esp
 88 58     Brows.esp
 89 59     Celes Nightingale Armor.esp
 90 5a     Cinematic Dragon Soul Absorbtion.esp
 91 5b     ClimatesOfTamriel-Dawnguard-Patch.esp
 92 5c     ClimatesOfTamriel-Dragonborn-Patch.esp
 93 5d     Cloaks - Dawnguard.esp
 94 5e     Critical Hit.esp
 95 5f     DarkLilith.esp
 96 60     dD-No Spinning Death Animation Merged.esp
 97 61     Differently Ebony.esp
 98 62     DM BDOR Pack by Team TAL.esp
 99 63     FacelightPlus.esp
100 64     Footprints.esp
101 65     HelmetToggle.esp
102 66     HitStop.esp
103 67     hmkLockOn.esp
104 68     IcePenguinWorldMap.esp
105 69     iHUD.esp
106 6a     Illustrious HDT Cloaks.esp
107 6b     Immersive Encounters - RS Children Patch.esp
108 6c     Iron Armor and Chainmail Replacer - Oblivion.esp
109 6d     Kai's Lipstick.esp
110 6e     KS Hairdos - HDT.esp
111 6f     LingerieSetCBBE3_2ByNausicaa.esp
112 70     MajesticMountains.esp
113 71     MikanEyes All in one.esp
114 72     Modern Brawl Bug Fix.esp
115 73     PAN_NPCs_DG.esp
116 74     Random Emotions.esp
117 75     RandomIdleAnimation.esp
118 76     Real Roads.esp
119 77     Realistic AI Detection 2 Lite.esp
120 78     Remodeled Armor - Dawnguard.esp
121 79     Remodeled Armor - Dragonborn.esp
122 7a     Remodeled Armor.esp
123 7b     RiftenMural.esp
124 7c     RSChildren.esp
125 7d     RUSTIC SOULGEMS - Sorted.esp
126 7e     Schwertleite Set.esp
127 7f     Serana.esp
128 80     SFO_SkinFeatureOverlays.esp
129 81     SkyHUD.esp
130 82     SkyrimConfigMenu.esp
131 83     SkyrimIsWindy.esp
132 84     SRG Enhanced Trees Activator.esp
133 85     SkyrimIsWindy - EVT patch.esp
134 86     TheEyesOfBeauty.esp
135 87     Bathing in Skyrim - Main.esp
136 88     TKDodge.esp
137 89     TorchesCastShadows.esp
138 8a     towConversation.esp
139 8b     UltimateCombat.esp
140 8c     YunDao_Hdt_V2.7.esp
141 8d     Unique Grasses.esp
142 8e     VioLens.esp
143 8f     Vivid Snow.esp
144 90     Watercolor_for_ENB_RWT.esp
145 91     WondersofWeather.esp
146 92     [Melodic] Egyptian Accessory (Light Armor).esp
147 93     [Melodic] Egyptian Accessory.esp
148 94     Animated Enchantments.esp
149 95     SexLabTools.esp
150 96     SexLabMatchMaker.esp
           HighResTexturePack01.esp
           HighResTexturePack02.esp
           assassinssquads.esp
           enchantingsupplies.esp
           funnyfollowers.esp
           Natural Lighting and Atmospherics.esp
           smithingsupplies.esp
           HighResTexturePack03.esp
           enchantthreeeffects.esp
           palistovspinningarrows.esp
151 97     SL_Kidnapped_Redux.esp
152 98     SLAnimLoader.esp
153 99     SLALAnimObj.esp
154 9a     SLDragons.esp
155 9b     SexLab_Dialogues.esp
156 9c     SexLabWerewolves.esp
157 9d     XPMSE.esp
158 9e     dD-Dragonborn-Dawnguard-EBT Patch.esp
159 9f     dD-Larger Splatter Size.esp
160 a0     VindictusVampslayer.esp
161 a1     Dora AC.esp
162 a2     MoreNastyCritters.esp
163 a3     HentaiCreatures.esp
164 a4     Choker of Skyrim.esp
165 a5     Convenient Horses.esp
166 a6     NibblesAnimObjects.esp
167 a7     NCK30Obj.esp


 

 

Link to comment
4 hours ago, Ankahet said:

Seems that its not handling the "reschlongification" trigger from SoS.

Can you tell if its loading before or after any skeleton/body mods?

 

 

SOS is loaded before XPMSE in the mods, and XPMSE is at the bottom in the Plugins load order

Link to comment

(35 23     HDTPhysicsWeaponSling.esp)

 

XPMSE

..Mods completely unsupported:
- HDT Equipment (everyone option), that includes mods including everyone option features in their HDT Physics extension xmls this includes:

    HDT equipment v0.2 everyone breast fix
    HDT Equipment V0.2 for Everone with Belly and Collision

Link to comment
10 hours ago, TimelordGale said:

SOS is loaded before XPMSE in the mods, and XPMSE is at the bottom in the Plugins load order

XPMSE should load before anything. Should go something like:

 

1. XPMSE

2. SOS

3. FNIS

4. so on so forth.

 

As far as HDT goes, the only thing that works full-stop that I know of is HDT High Heels and HDT Physics extensions.

Even the HDT Hairs by KS cause issues but not CTD's, they just cause havok issues.

Link to comment
12 hours ago, DUBALADO said:

(35 23     HDTPhysicsWeaponSling.esp)

 

XPMSE

..Mods completely unsupported:
- HDT Equipment (everyone option), that includes mods including everyone option features in their HDT Physics extension xmls this includes:

    HDT equipment v0.2 everyone breast fix
    HDT Equipment V0.2 for Everone with Belly and Collision

Oh shoooot I did not know that - Thank you very much

Link to comment
3 hours ago, Ankahet said:

XPMSE should load before anything. Should go something like:

 

1. XPMSE

2. SOS

3. FNIS

4. so on so forth.

 

As far as HDT goes, the only thing that works full-stop that I know of is HDT High Heels and HDT Physics extensions.

Even the HDT Hairs by KS cause issues but not CTD's, they just cause havok issues.

I will try it out and give it a shot!

Link to comment
10 minutes ago, TimelordGale said:

I will try it out and give it a shot!

Also, another frequent culprit is FNIS creatures pack. Not sure if youve got that, but a god test is start a new game, then sprint up by where the wolves are near embershard mine just outside of Riverwood. Run back and forth on the road, if ti crashes, do it again, if it creashes again that area, then you can bet its the creature pack.

 

I had a similar issue to yours. If it were a skeleton related crash, it would do it as soon as the game went into character creation as thats the first time its forced to load the player skeleton/skin and such. My money is going to be on something else, but its still a good idea to have XPSME load first.

Link to comment
31 minutes ago, stingray1995 said:

Random CTD, huh?  Yeah, that's gonna need some narrowing down because there are so many different reasons that game crashes on a person.  What might seem random is usually something specific. Happy hunting.

Cool bro, didn't have to post your opinion here if you were gonna be like that lol - I don't think you read my post either.

 

Link to comment
24 minutes ago, stingray1995 said:

Not opinion. Fact.  And it doesn't matter where the XPMSE plugin is in your load order, as it contains only single records.  Load order is not the only place to be looking for CTD either, and LOOT certainly will not solve all conflicts in said load order.  

 

How many animations, scripted mods are you running? Well, it looks like a lot, and Skyrim can only handle so much.

 

Forgive the loftiness; I'm just too old to go out with the hunters and gatherers anymore.  This was just an old man yelling and spouting lecture from his tent.

 

Forgiven, thanks. I ran FNIS it says I'm running 9,953 animations - I did everything Ankahet  and Dubalado suggested and the game seems to be running fine - I'll have to do some extended testing to see if the game crashes though. Cheers

Link to comment
1 hour ago, TimelordGale said:

 

Forgiven, thanks. I ran FNIS it says I'm running 9,953 animations - I did everything Ankahet  and Dubalado suggested and the game seems to be running fine - I'll have to do some extended testing to see if the game crashes though. Cheers

I am currently running almost 14000 animations and never CTD. Granted a good 1500 of those are poses, but still.

Link to comment
3 hours ago, stingray1995 said:

Not opinion. Fact.

Until you back it up with evidence it is opinion or assertion.

 

I agree that what Ankahet wrote is rubbish.

 

3 hours ago, stingray1995 said:

This was just an old man yelling and spouting lecture from his tent.

An old man born in 1995?

 

3 hours ago, stingray1995 said:

How many animations, scripted mods are you running? Well, it looks like a lot, and Skyrim can only handle so much.

 

Too many animations cause the game to crash on take off, i.e. not load. Scripted mods have fuck all to do with it. It is only character animations which count towards the animation limit. Creature animations do not.

 

Random CTDs, i.e. CTDs at different places and after differing periods of time are 99% memory issues. If your base game is not set up and configured correctly it is a waste of time loading it with mods.

 

I don't use MO, but if that 'active 255' means 255 plugins then you probably have your cause right there. The maximum is 255 but the game itself requires 2 or 3 (I can't recall which). If it is 255 mods then that is alright.

 

Learn how to post a load order or anything else on the forum. Learn how to use your mod manager and the other tools. MO and LOOT can both produce a load order which can be posted here.

 

 

 

Link to comment
19 hours ago, Grey Cloud said:

I agree that what Ankahet wrote is rubbish.

So, its rubbish when doing partially what I, and someone else had suggested produced no crashing? (As far as we know currently).

 

When I make suggestions, it is because of something I have experienced in the past. There are numerous reasons why Skyrim, or many other games will Crash To Desktop, and unless it has a specific error code attached to it, at times it can be very difficult to nail down. So, before you go about calling peoples suggestions "rubbish" might want to remember that since you seem to think you are the worlds best techy/programmer/problem solver.

 

I mean, fuck, with you around, why are the rest of us here? You know everything right?

Link to comment
1 hour ago, Ankahet said:

There are numerous reasons why Skyrim, or many other games will Crash To Desktop, and unless it has a specific error code attached to it, at times it can be very difficult to nail down.

99% of random CTDs are memory related.

99% of CTDs on load are are missing master or too many animations.

CTDs at the same place place are generally bad nif or navmesh.

 

The loading order of XPMSE, SOS, FNIS,  and whatever 'so forth' is are irrelevant. As far as XPMSE goes, the standard advice is to not let anything else overwrite it. You are the only person I have ever come across who even mentions SOS or FNIS and load order sequence in relation to CTDs or anything else

1 hour ago, Ankahet said:

since you seem to think you are the worlds best techy/programmer/problem solver

I do not think myself any of those but I am a retired IT tech and I am very good at problem-solving all kinds of things, not just an 8 year old computer game.

 

1 hour ago, Ankahet said:

So, its rubbish when doing partially what I, and someone else had suggested produced no crashing?

There is 'causation' and there is 'correlation'.

 

I've been playing Skyrim for just under 4 years. It is relatively simple to get a stable game which is heavily-modded but people still talk about Skyrim as if it is the bug-ridden, flaky piece of crap which was released in 2011 or whenever it was. They also slag off NMM and LOOT. Maybe they do it to cover-up their own inadequacies.

 

You want a solid and stable game?

ENBoost/ENB

Crash Fixes

SKSE Plugin Preloader.

Load Game CTD Fix (If you get ILS)

Mkae sure everything is working as expected with the base game before loading it down with mods.

Read mod descriptions don't just install on the strength of the pictures of tits n dicks.

 

Note that the above tools are all dealing with improving Skyrim's memory allocation and usage. None are about scripts or load orders or any of the other things people constantly witter on about.

 

Link to comment
15 minutes ago, Grey Cloud said:

snip

 

Crashes can easily be caused by a problem in load order.

 

I have had my game in the past crash due to load order issues, and have had very weird effects from not having the skeleton load before other things.

 

You may be a retired IT technician, but that does not mean what people have experienced, or, the ways they fixed them are incorrect or irrelevant.

 

You can write it off as rubbish if you'd like, but all in all, different things happen to different people at different times for different reasons. Simply because one persons way of fixing it differs from another doesn't make it rubbish. Being a retired IT technician, you should know that technology can produce problems that look and act similarly, but are often caused by different things entirely. In a field of trial, error and repetition, you should also know that anyone whom claims there is one for sure answer to all problems is a joke.

Link to comment

Ok so, did what Ankahet suggested - I put XPMSE before any other skeleton mods in the Mod Organizer 2 mod order - I was able to play Skyrim end on end without any issue. However, since I had to put XPMSE before MNC, the animations to creature penises didn't work so I reorganized XPMSE to place after MNC. I've CTD twice 1-3 minutes after my PC had sex with a beast. The 2 main mods I have when it comes to creatures is MoreNastyCritters v12 and BakaFactory Animated Beasts Cocks (Plus COSIO Patch). In conclusion, it seems to be an issue with creature skeleton or sex animations with creatures. I wonder why it does this, and how would one go about solving this?

 

 

Edit: Ok HUGE correction - Whenever I have MNC after SOS, the game runs great and no CTDs, however, whenever I put SOS after MNC it crashes. Thing is, I need to put MNC before XPMSE, but I cannot put SOS before XPMSE because it will crash. This is the mod order I have right now that does not cause my game to crash.

af3f138409c902666e2f73abdb13e338.png.fd7d5bd0b788f5a43ff8dd333af667d8.png

Link to comment
57 minutes ago, Ankahet said:

In a field of trial, error and repetition, you should also know that anyone whom claims there is one for sure answer to all problems is a joke.

Trial and error and repetition after 8 years? I'm saying that what I posted above will get you a solid and stable game. It will not eradicate all CTDs or other problems, it will just get you a game which  can go weeks of prolonged play without a CTD.

1 hour ago, Ankahet said:

different things happen to different people at different times for different reasons.

Yes but CTDs don't. The number of things which can cause CTDs in Skyrim are a constant. The number of tools which deal with these things has grown and the tools have been improved over the years - ergo and ipso facto, the number of times one's game CTDs should be less now than it was 8, 7, 5, 4, . . . years ago.

 

Explain how the load order can cause CTD. Saying that it happened to you proves nothing - it is just your explanation of a series of events. Correlation is not causation.

 

FYI here is the batting order for SOS, FNIS and XPMSE from my load order of 7 December as sorted by LOOT. It will probably be about the same today but I have added and removed a few more mods since then (a no-no according to the great and the good).

23 17     Schlongs of Skyrim - Core.esm (Obviously an esm is going to be higher than any esp)

30 1e     FNIS.esp (Currently about a few hundred over 10K character animations, giving a 87.9% of rain in the afternoon).

71 47     Schlongs Merge.esp (Smurf Average, VP and VPM).

 

           XPMSE.esp (I always have the XPMSE esp unticked but this is where it always lives c. 77th position)
 77 4d     SOSRaceMenu.esp

177 b1     Schlongs of Skyrim.esp

 

196 active plug-ins and I'd guess about 320-330 mods.

Link to comment
5 minutes ago, Grey Cloud said:

Yes but CTDs don't.

Bullcrap. A while ago I had a main menu replacer that worked for a long ass time, then one day, game started crashing to desktop. Removed that main menu replacer, the crashing stopped.

 

Then, experienced some CTD's a bit after installing FNIS Creatures, uninstalled it, CTD's stopped. Had another issue with the previously available Captured Dreams Mod, worked fine at first, then, CTD's. Removed the mod, CTD's stopped.

 

Long time before both of those, had issues with crashes on character creation. XMPSE was loading after Caliente's. Fixed the load order, no more crashes.

 

Again, different experiences, msot of which was related to in the advice I posted above. All of which stopped the crashing for me. Simply because you dont think it is relevant, doesnt mean it's not relevant. But, I have spent enough time on this. Hopefully the OP got it resolved with the information provided. But, I have no more time to argue with someone whom doesnt understand that even though its a program, circumstances will not be the same every time, nor will the causes, or resolutions of or to crashes.

Link to comment
22 minutes ago, TimelordGale said:

I put XPMSE before any other skeleton mods in the Mod Organizer 2 mod order - I was able to play Skyrim end on end without any issue. However, since I had to put XPMSE before MNC, the animations to creature penises didn't work so I reorganized XPMSE to place after MNC. 

 

26 minutes ago, TimelordGale said:

I wonder why it does this, and how would one go about solving this?

Try reading the detailed, full and excellent installation and configuration instructions provided by MadMansGun on the MNC page rather than listen to some unknown guy in an unrelated thread? Radical, I know but it just might be crazy enough to work.

 

Are you talking about mods or plug-ins? Post your load order rather than keep posting crap screenshots of part of MO.

 

 

Link to comment
33 minutes ago, TimelordGale said:

Ok so, did what Ankahet suggested - I put XPMSE before any other skeleton mods in the Mod Organizer 2 mod order - I was able to play Skyrim end on end without any issue. However, since I had to put XPMSE before MNC, the animations to creature penises didn't work so I reorganized XPMSE to place after MNC. I've CTD twice 1-3 minutes after my PC had sex with a beast. The 2 main mods I have when it comes to creatures is MoreNastyCritters v12 and BakaFactory Animated Beasts Cocks (Plus COSIO Patch). In conclusion, it seems to be an issue with creature skeleton or sex animations with creatures. I wonder why it does this, and how would one go about solving this?

 

 

Edit: Ok HUGE correction - Whenever I have MNC after SOS, the game runs great and no CTDs, however, whenever I put SOS after MNC it crashes. Thing is, I need to put MNC before XPMSE, but I cannot put SOS before XPMSE because it will crash. This is the mod order I have right now that does not cause my game to crash.

af3f138409c902666e2f73abdb13e338.png.fd7d5bd0b788f5a43ff8dd333af667d8.png

Ive seen a lot of people have issues with MNC. I did as well for a brief period and just removed it as nothing I did seemed to make a difference.

Link to comment
9 minutes ago, Grey Cloud said:

 

Try reading the detailed, full and excellent installation and configuration instructions provided by MadMansGun on the MNC page rather than listen to some unknown guy in an unrelated thread? Radical, I know but it just might be crazy enough to work.

 

Are you talking about mods or plug-ins? Post your load order rather than keep posting crap screenshots of part of MO.

 

 

Mods, which was why I posted the screenshot lmao - If you read my first post, it would show you my load order which I copied from LOOT.

Link to comment

 

3 minutes ago, Grey Cloud said:

 

Try reading the detailed, full and excellent installation and configuration instructions provided by MadMansGun on the MNC page rather than listen to some unknown guy in an unrelated thread? Radical, I know but it just might be crazy enough to work.

 

Are you talking about mods or plug-ins? Post your load order rather than keep posting crap screenshots of part of MO.

 

 

Why am I getting passive aggressive vibes from you lol - I read MadMansguns MNC page about... 5 times now? I was clear minded too when I was reading them so couldn't have been a mistake there. 

 

"Warning: if you have it please load XP32/XPMSE before MNC. Do not let there skeletons overwrite MNC or your game may crash or have floating *** problems, MNCv12 is using nodes not found in these skeleton mods." 

Yes I did this too, I put MNC before XPMSE and it WORKS but the game still crashes. I'm not sure if you're assuming if I don't read and don't do my research or not, which was why I asked here in the first place and also on MNC forums. I also did Papyrus tweaks for the game.

Link to comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...