Questions about Skyrim mods

GravityRainbow

Sorry if I come off as clueless in this post. I'm relatively new to modding and am still figuring it out as I go, but I was hoping I could get some info. Firstly, is it better/easier to mod oldrim over Skyrim SE? I currently have Skyrim SE loaded with 60ish mods mostly following Aylis's introduction (linked below), but often encounter errors or mods that don't work. For instance, DeepBlueFrog's mod, "Sexlab Dialogues," doesn't work or initiate animations for some reason. NPCs just sort of stare at me blankly without saying anything when I use the More Dialogue Options.  In fact, it's pretty difficult to find reliable mods which start animations. I'd also like to ask: do you use Sexlab Lite or Sexlab Framework (is one better than the other)?

(

8 minutes ago, GravityRainbow said:

Sorry if I come off as clueless in this post. I'm relatively new to modding and am still figuring it out as I go, but I was hoping I could get some info. Firstly, is it better/easier to mod oldrim over Skyrim SE? I currently have Skyrim SE loaded with 60ish mods mostly following Aylis's introduction (linked below), but often encounter errors or mods that don't work. For instance, DeepBlueFrog's mod, "Sexlab Dialogues," doesn't work or initiate animations for some reason. NPCs just sort of stare at me blankly without saying anything when I use the More Dialogue Options.  In fact, it's pretty difficult to find reliable mods which start animations. I'd also like to ask: do you use Sexlab Lite or Sexlab Framework (is one better than the other)?

(

I still prefer Oldrim because the mods have had more kinks worked out but there is absolutely nothing wrong with SE and those kinks will get worked out with time (which is what happened on the LE side too).

SexLab Framework is the superior mod, period.

You are correct is assuming that the problem is with your mods when SexLab appears to be nonfunctional. It is the mod authors that call SexLab for the animations. Having said that, another problem that can lead to your issue is not having the correct skeleton. Make sure you have the XPMS(S)E skeleton.

Now, let's have some fun and watch what sorts of reactions that gets.

I play LE only because there are some mods that haven't been released for SE yet (and maybe never will be).  If all of the mods I wanted were released on SE I'd probably switch over.

As far as your animations not working, I presume you've run FNIS, correct?  All of the characters would probably be stuck in T pose if not.  And you have the SE version of SKSE installed (is it SSSE?)

1 hour ago, GravityRainbow said:

is it better/easier to mod oldrim over Skyrim SE?

I don't know and don't want to know anything about SE. However, my completely clueless guess is that SE should be a lot more stable and therefore easier for an unexperienced modder.

And don't forget the thing with SE that some find good and other find bad - You still get updates in SE and that can mean you have some times a broken game until the authors fixed their content for the updated version. In that moment SE is pretty annoying.

LE get more content, but because it's 32 bit it got problems SE does not have. Running the same mod-configuration in LE and SE gives you more fps in SE because LE is DX9 and SE is DX11. The most mods without to much scripting are easy to transfer to SE. Transfering animations to SE is much more complicated. Backwards transfer is a pain in the ass because formats are compatible but downward incompatible. If someone made meshes for SE they do not work in LE because they have the same file-extension but a newer definition of nif files.  Like Word 6 is not able to read doc files from Word 2010. I think the skyrim-world is changing in that way that more and more people will prfer SE because Bethesda still push it and steam is partly dropping support for LE. I had initially USLEEP from steam and when I made a new install after changing my systemdrive from HD to SSD I got an error that USLEEP is not available when LE tried to download the plugin. When I checked the workshop on steam there was a message that they does not support that anymore and will only support SE in the future.

But why not buy both - Internet shops sell legal steam keys for SE and LE (incl. all DLC) for less money than steam wants you to pay in their shop. Then you can use both and you don't have to decide.

Archived