Jump to content
IGNORED

The Modpocalypse is coming. You know the drill.


DarkAudit

Recommended Posts

An expansion is coming. Which means a PATCH is coming. Which means everything is going to break, and stay broken for days or even weeks on end while the mod makers play catch up.

 

We shouldn't have to tell you this every month, but the responsibility for keeping your game playable through these rough waters rests with YOU, and you alone. DON'T just blindly update the game as soon as a patch drops. This way will only lead to tears.

 

Turn OFF automatic updates. Go to Offline Mode before the patch drops. Back up your mods and CC. Watch the modding community sites that monitor mod status after a patch.

 

DO NOT UPDATE YOUR GAME UNTIL YOU ARE ABSOLUTELY CERTAIN ALL YOUR MODS ARE UPDATED. And even then, wait a day or two more. There's bound to be an extra bugfix or three before your favorite mod is truly ready for prime time again.

Link to comment
14 hours ago, DarkAudit said:

An expansion is coming. Which means a PATCH is coming. Which means everything is going to break, and stay broken for days or even weeks on end while the mod makers play catch up.

 

We shouldn't have to tell you this every month, but the responsibility for keeping your game playable through these rough waters rests with YOU, and you alone. DON'T just blindly update the game as soon as a patch drops. This way will only lead to tears.

 

Turn OFF automatic updates. Go to Offline Mode before the patch drops. Back up your mods and CC. Watch the modding community sites that monitor mod status after a patch.

 

DO NOT UPDATE YOUR GAME UNTIL YOU ARE ABSOLUTELY CERTAIN ALL YOUR MODS ARE UPDATED. And even then, wait a day or two more. There's bound to be an extra bugfix or three before your favorite mod is truly ready for prime time again.

Well said.

 

Also, I posted in the WickedWhims main thread, but will reiterate here -- This update may break more than usual. The roommates feature will completely change how households will function. Privacy will also be a factor given the communal showers/restrooms in the university pack. So it's possible that Turbodriver could have more work on his hands to get Wicked Whims to work properly and that a WW update will take longer than usual.

 

BE PATIENT. A WW PATCH WILL COME WHEN IT IS READY. 


Same goes for every other major mod. I can't imagine the work needed for MC Command Center or any other major mods.

Link to comment

I never play online.... My updates have been turned off for quite sometime... it's best to just leave the auto update off... and play in offline mod... that way the game is always ready to play... and when you see a new patch thread then you can play the waiting game and ge the updates when the mods are updated as well...when island living launched I was really wanting to play it.... but I waited and waited.. and guess what...the modders were on top of it...and had things working quickly... so what is another week or two? to me it was worth it to not have the headaches of broken mods. so I can wait to play my new college sim who is out to knock up every college girl he meets for awhile.

Link to comment

I’m so mad at myself. I told myself, an update is coming soon better turn off that auto update feature. I made sure to do it on my laptop, but low and behold I didn’t do it for the desktop. I was sitting in bed watching the live feed about the updates, totally oblivious to the fact that I didn’t turn them off. Haha, oh well, my game wasn’t overly borked, and thankfully I have my trusty laptop to make it through.

Link to comment

First post here even though i've been lurking around the past number of months. MCCC, WW and Nisa's mods are required for me to enjoy playing TS4 these days and recently started using sopor's allure mod as well, and i like the results so far.

 

I wonder what is going to happen for the legacy version? Will there be upgrades from modders here and elsewhere to support that version as well? The FAQ from AHQ says it won't get updated or new content packs added to it, they will simply drop it into Origin and leave it at that. Could be valuable to a number of users here who get tired of the constant updates and want a stable point that has all packs up except DU.

 

 

Yesterday when the update came out the game CTD'ed twice and then open MC's exception text file in wordpad and it pointed to Nisa's mod and came here and saw from Nisa that it is broken, for now at least. It'll be nice to see where things will be in a few days as always after the modders have checked and fixed or upgraded their efforts.

Link to comment

I'm new to using the MODS and Sims 4, been playing with Sims 3 and wanted to change. I've turned off all online features of Origin and Auto Update. Would I be safe to download mods without the update or will new updated mods conflict with the older version of the game I.E WickedWhims new update?

Link to comment
15 minutes ago, Mysia1991 said:

...it's a pity that people like you are doing a nice job, which E.A. fucks stupid updates over time,..

At least when EA (really, Maxis) updates the Sims, they do some bug fixes (read through the change log for the new update and they seem to have fixed several bugs which may negate some bugfix mods).  Not like Bugthesda "updating" $kyrim/FO$ with bullshit updates to accommodate their bullshit Macrotran$action (Creation) Club without providing any actual fixes to the main games and dlcs.  Although this is my first Modpocalypse (with the Sims), I can say that it seems that the main mods seem to get updated pretty quick (MCCC is already updated, WW as well, along with 60 mods over at LittleMsSams).  Last time FO$ updated, it took nearly 2 weeks for the mods I used to get updated (and I still had to remove 1 or 2 that never got updated).

Link to comment
19 minutes ago, srayesmanll said:

At least when EA (really, Maxis) updates the Sims, they do some bug fixes (read through the change log for the new update and they seem to have fixed several bugs which may negate some bugfix mods).  Not like Bugthesda "updating" $kyrim/FO$ with bullshit updates to accommodate their bullshit Macrotran$action (Creation) Club without providing any actual fixes to the main games and dlcs.  Although this is my first Modpocalypse (with the Sims), I can say that it seems that the main mods seem to get updated pretty quick (MCCC is already updated, WW as well, along with 60 mods over at LittleMsSams).  Last time FO$ updated, it took nearly 2 weeks for the mods I used to get updated (and I still had to remove 1 or 2 that never got updated).

However, I do not intend to change my mind, because I play mainly only in The Sims. Although I still think that the four are worse, that if I could I would install the Sims 3.

Link to comment

It's not errors. It's Deaderpool himself having moral issues with CN and what his mods enable. And that's all I've got to say about that.

 

And like I predicted, we're barely 24 hours out from the patch, and some mods are on second and third post-patch versions already. Including MCCC.

 

So I'm spending my night either playing an un-updated game, or watching Cautious Hero, Kemono Michi, and OreSuki. :)

Link to comment
6 hours ago, test1test2test3 said:

Not sure if this helps or if this is too late! But let one sims star masturbating and let the other person join. For me they always join in. Then just select wanted animation. Hope this helps! :)

It's late. WW has updated for the patch. Twice even. So has Nisa's.

Link to comment
On 11/13/2019 at 9:52 PM, DarkAudit said:

It's not errors. It's Deaderpool himself having moral issues with CN and what his mods enable. And that's all I've got to say about that.

 

Moral issues? Aww. I know that sounds stupid, since I use WW and stuff, but I am both amused and warmed by that. Yes, I know, I have no useful contribution to the discussion. Although, I will say that the patch has broken hundreds of peoples' (me included) games. It's the worst one since the last few screw-ups. It breaks more than it fixes!

Link to comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...