Double Standards in Nexus

kepler007

okay this is how it starts. now I just found a mod in their site that allows to brutally kill children. this is the most pathetic and horrific and barbaric mod that I have ever seen on the Nexus site I think most of people would agree with me beside I have seen a couple of comments that showed their dislike toward this mod. but the funny thing is nexus still keeps it in their hosts and even ban people who oppose to this mod

this is the mod

Decapitate Children plus much more

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/15325

and this is how nexus ban people who criticize it.

Duiqnws.png

http://i.imgur.com/Duiqnws.png

it sucks so they now even violates the basic principles of the democracy? how pathetic.

people can't even express their thought. why they don't allow people to express what they think about the mods hosted in their site? do they only expect praises?

now the very interesting part is. they banned the Minilover mod that allows to rape people. :D

http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/731155-mini-sex-japanese-mod/

can't they understand it's a mod too?

why this double standards? seriously how come they allow to host mods that allow to do horrible things yet keep the mods which also belong to the same multiude?

Frankly' date=' I'd have banned that guy as well if that was my site; but it's theirs, and they're free to do whatever they please with it.

"Democracy" has little meaning on private property, and regardless, it isn't even a relevant argument in this case since it wasn't violated.

[/quote']

yeah they can do whatever they want on their site but giving lame double standards reasons can't be justified. :sleepy:

everyone knows this is most prevalent on almost every field and site not just on nexus. sexual scenes are considered as very taboo while other violence scenes are embraced without any objection.

now as an example Man Hunt isn't banned to sell but Rapelay is banned to sell on almost every country except in Japan. :sleepy:

I think no game should ever be censored or banned. Then again' date=' I'm also a person who thinks parents should actually raise their children and not need a nanny state to do their job for them.

[/quote']

that's why there is already a rating system. :P

but people abuse it and then blame for developers for developing certain type of games.

The sad part...

You see something like this in fiction/games, people go into a rage and the media is all over it...

On the other hand, if 3700 babies are chopped into bits each day (abortion), no one cares...

It's as if fictitious characters and pixels have more civil rights than actual people... hows that for a double standard?

The sad part...

You see something like this in fiction/games' date=' people go into a rage and the media is all over it...

On the other hand, if 3700 babies are chopped into bits each day (abortion), no one cares...

It's as if fictitious characters and pixels have more civil rights than actual people... hows that for a double standard?

[/quote']

Oh boy, here we go.

The sad part...

You see something like this in fiction/games' date=' people go into a rage and the media is all over it...

[/quote']

keep the fantasy away from reality. there is no point of involving fantasy to reality.

:sleepy:

beside you don't even know my view about abortion. how people in my country regard it.

OP.. you do know Fallout 1 and 2 had the ability to kill children right..? There was even bonus's and consequences for doing such.

IMO Killing Kids is necessary to be immersive in a Fallout Game. Sadly there is not enough kids in New Vegas to make it worthwhile though.

Well I'm not finding this mod offensive at all.

It makes game more realistic?

OP.. you do know Fallout 1 and 2 had the ability to kill children right..? There was even bonus's and consequences for doing such.

Bonus? Only bonus that I'm aware of was getting your stuff back that they stolen. And then children killer perk made you really disliked person.

Bonus? Only bonus that I'm aware of was getting your stuff back that they stolen. And then children killer perk made you really disliked person.

The bounty hunters that would come after you for being a child killer would eventually carry the best stuff in the game, which could be all yours if you beat them. At least in Fallout 2.

i think he used improper words thats why they ban him. i saw worse critizism on other mods but they choose their words very carefully and avoid cursing, so far most comments are still there. for example, take the author of: More Dynamic Shadows with Striping Fixed (puuloo), he had a very famous mod but he made a comment wich if i remember well, used some rude words:

http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/721011-seratic-armor/page__view__findpost__p__5745484

he could used: "I dont like your armor. You should improve it."

im pretty sure that words would be better, the situation its very similar to the post you linked. something like:

"i dont like children decapitation. this is wrong."

i bet TVD wouldnt have enough reasons to ban the user.

While I agree that the people at Nexus have a Napoleon complex, I don't see the issue here. Don't like something? Don't download it and move on. Simple. I don't understand the people's need to post comments bashing a mod they don't like. If you have something constructive to say, say it. If not, why waste your time?

Is a perma-ban a little heavy handed for this kind of thing? Sure. Nexus seems quick on the perma-bans. Probably has to do with their Napoleon complex. Warnings, removal of comment privileges, or even temp-bans would would just as well if not better.

The sad part...

[/quote']

Not only is your view on abortion irrelevant to the topic of the thread, but it's mis-informed.

Abortion is no more killing babies than cracking an egg killing chickens. Why does no one cry over the millions of babies killed in the wads of Kleenex or that are washed down the shower drain all over the world?

Surely if an undeveloped unborn child is supposed to have more rights than the mother carrying it, then those same rights should be extended to the millions of potential babies that die at their fathers hand.

That's a topic for another thread though.

Guidelines for Nexus Usage:

1. Be a Ghost! Materialize, download what you want, vanish in a puff of smoke!

2. Do not interact with the "community" at all. Do not attempt to become one with them or you will be culled after the simplest criticism or negative comments.

3. If you are a natural butt-kisser, feel free to ignore guideline number 2, you will thrive there.

4. Be a Ghost! Materialize, download what you want, vanish in a puff of smoke.

Yeah 1 and 4 are duplicates but that's only because it's so important to remember. :D

Archived