fix my pec-gal mesh's normals

ok, so to maximize androgyny i made  masculine pecs for an hgec chest, but running it through seam mender i think flips a few vertices, giving shadow where the rest is light/ and light when rest is dark... face normals > update tangent space gets rid of these but makes the seams more noticeable

this is kind of a give a man a fish/ teach a man to fish situation, but i worry i may be to thick to learn anything, so maybe someone can just do it for me 1female shark chest masculin seam mended.nif

163681222_galpecs.jpg.df7956e7c41d30cf507612b5ac0c68f3.jpg

19 hours ago, tolerance said:

ok, so to maximize androgyny i made  masculine pecs for an hgec chest, but running it through seam mender i think flips a few vertices, giving shadow where the rest is light/ and light when rest is dark... face normals > update tangent space gets rid of these but makes the seams more noticeable

this is kind of a give a man a fish/ teach a man to fish situation, but i worry i may be to thick to learn anything, so maybe someone can just do it for me 1female shark chest masculin seam mended.nif

163681222_galpecs.jpg.df7956e7c41d30cf507612b5ac0c68f3.jpg

In 3dsmax - select EditNormals modificator, select all normals,  and then Unify ... Sometimes helps . BUT, you must save the skin first in the clone

well - Edited.nif

Also you have errors ( I did not correct )-err.jpg

===================

And you will have to combine the normals of the joints manually (at the joints of the parts of the body there are always two vertices and each one has its own normal). For my models at the legs, arms and body, I did it, but I don’t have it with head ...  But I was too lazy to delve into the details and I was happy with my version, so I did not experiment further with  head.

27 minutes ago, tolerance said:

thank you, but i don't have 3ds max and your method brings back the seams, i used HGEC_AC_AAA from one of the set-body releases if that wwhuld help anyone.

sorry for wasted time, thanks for trying

Seams are multidirectional normals at the joints, there is no way, except manually( copy-paste directions ) how to fix them.

On 10/31/2019 at 5:28 AM, YaOi89 said:

If there was both upper and lower body, I could fix external polys issue and run it through blender mend seams script and see how it goes.

yeah that's a good idea, maybe it wold be better if i put up the non-seam-mended one someone like you could fix the seams without messing up those spots... if its possible when mending the seams, can you make sure the default hgec lower is not altered so the top can fit with any hgec bottom

0 1FemaleFull boycupSimple.nif

upperBseamdmnded.nif

This one should work - I didint test it ingame but looks fine in Nifskope. There really was two doubled vertexes that obviously appeared after mirror modifier (you should check Clipping and fix such vertexes manually before mirror, then you don't have to merge them after applying mirror).

https://i.imgur.com/kOmkcOD.png

I transfered seam data from lower body to upperbody, so upper one is atually edited. There is still Upper+lower body in jnif so you may want to remove lowerbody object from the mesh.

? is there a gap between upper and lower body ? 

I tested the mesh and the upperbody match  HGEC bodies.

And what I see in your picture I have with a few bodies from different creators of bodies, clothes, armors.  ( HGEC is not HGEC )

And that's why you run Seam Mender. Seam Mender is not only for gaps.

The HGEC E Cup I always use and the LAPF lowerbody looked the same as  in your picture.

I use the LAPF lowerbody as my base lowerbody in meshes\charcaters\_male  with  the E cup upperbody.

It looked like this

zzOri.jpg

I run the lowerbody to Seam Mender ( You can use the upperbody. One nif you change to match the other )

Now it lookes like this

zznew.jpg

--------------------

Upload the lowerbody you want. 

Is the one in "0 1FemaleFull boycupSimple.nif" the original lowerbody use use ? There are LAPF  butt bones in the nif , but they are not used in lower or upper body.

##############

EDIT:
 Here the upper body . It match the SetBody reloaded HGEC Lowerbody_L

upperBseamdmnded2.nif

If you use another lowerbody upload it.

Archived