Jump to content
IGNORED

help :3


Recommended Posts

hey.. so i recently installed SLEN " sex lab eager npcs " but the game crashes when i launch even before the main menu shows up .. i think that means some dependencies are missing or something but i have no idea whats missing :s

if u know how to fix this plz say and thks :*

Link to comment
17 hours ago, NoNickNeeded said:

I strongly suggest to switch to either Nexus Vortex or Mod Organizer 2. They make mod-conlicts much easier to spot and resolve.

Using "Wrye Bash" can also help.

It's not a mod conflict is it?

 

23 hours ago, SUKAuji said:

hmm, iam using NMM and Loot

In the plug-ins tab of NMM any plug-ins that are not in black text have a problem. These will be in red or orange text. So if SLEN is not in black text, click on it and in the right-hand pane it should list its masters and highlight any that are missing.

 

Are you using Crash Fixes, and if you aren't you should be, as it too should warn you of a missing master and abort the load.

Link to comment
On 10/29/2019 at 5:37 AM, SUKAuji said:

hmm, iam using NMM and Loot , im not very familliar with em but i think they arent telling much about wich files are missing at all xd

Both NMM and LOOT should flag a missing master.

 

In NMM when you go to your plug-in list any mod missing a master will be marked in red. If you hover over it it will tell you which masters are missing.

 

Likewise LOOT will give you an error message (at the top where it lists warnings and errors it will say 1 (or more) errors). Also, as you scroll down the list of mods it will have flagged any mod that is missing a master and what master(s) is missing.

 

So, if you don't have either of those things going on you'll have to look for another cause.

Link to comment
8 hours ago, Grey Cloud said:

It's not a mod conflict is it?

Not in the sense of some of the mods being fundamentally incompatible with each other, no, but that's not the only thing that fits into the broader term mod conflict.

Just having mods that depend on each other in the wrong order or having two mods that change the same file can easily cause crashes or other problems and that too is called mod conflicts.

 

Keep in mind that LOOT will only sort your plugins (.esm and .esp files). It will not touch the other files that NMM puts into your data folder. And NMM doesn't take care of that either. That's something you have to handle yourself.

 

The big downside of NMM to me is that it fully overwrites files. So let's say for example both mod A and B have a file called script01.xy

You install mod A and everything works fine.

Then you install mod B and allow it to overwrite, but you find out mod B either doesn't work or you don't like it, so you uninstall it for whatever reason.

Now mod A no longer works, because naturally when you uninstalled mod B, it deleted script01.xy, since that file was part of the mod. But because mod A's file was fully overwritten by mod B's script file, it's now gone. You no longer have a script01.xy file in your data folder and thus mod A can no longer work. Unless you made a backup of the file, you'll have to reinstall mod A.

Both MO (1 and 2) and Vortex on the other hand keep those "overwritten" files around and you can just decide which of the similarly named files you use via a priority system. And once you uninstall Mod B from the above example, mod A's script01.xy is automatically used without the need to reinstall.

 

That makes re-sorting your mods (not plugins, but the actual mods) with NMM a real pain, because you almost asuredly will have to reinstall some mods, while in MO and Vortex it's just changing of the priority.

Not to mention that both Vortex and MO actually show you if there are multiple mods containing files of the same name in the same location, of which only one can be used, which NMM can't.

 

Edit: Please disregard the crossed out bits, this information came from a very old version of NMM. New versions no longer have this disadvantage. Though I'm quite sure the bit about LOOT still holds true.

Link to comment
1 hour ago, NoNickNeeded said:

Not in the sense of some of the mods being fundamentally incompatible with each other, no, but that's not the only thing that fits into the broader term mod conflict.

Just having mods that depend on each other in the wrong order or having two mods that change the same file can easily cause crashes or other problems and that too is called mod conflicts.

 

Keep in mind that LOOT will only sort your plugins (.esm and .esp files). It will not touch the other files that NMM puts into your data folder. And NMM doesn't take care of that either. That's something you have to handle yourself.

 

The big downside of NMM to me is that it fully overwrites files. So let's say for example both mod A and B have a file called script01.xy

You install mod A and everything works fine.

Then you install mod B and allow it to overwrite, but you find out mod B either doesn't work or you don't like it, so you uninstall it for whatever reason.

Now mod A no longer works, because naturally when you uninstalled mod B, it deleted script01.xy, since that file was part of the mod. But because mod A's file was fully overwritten by mod B's script file, it's now gone. You no longer have a script01.xy file in your data folder and thus mod A can no longer work. Unless you made a backup of the file, you'll have to reinstall mod A.

Both MO (1 and 2) and Vortex on the other hand keep those "overwritten" files around and you can just decide which of the similarly named files you use via a priority system. And once you uninstall Mod B from the above example, mod A's script01.xy is automatically used without the need to reinstall.

 

That makes re-sorting your mods (not plugins, but the actual mods) with NMM a real pain, because you almost asuredly will have to reinstall some mods, while in MO and Vortex it's just changing of the priority.

Not to mention that both Vortex and MO actually show you if there are multiple mods containing files of the same name in the same location, of which only one can be used, which NMM can't.

All of which is irrelevant as the OP is crashing before the main menu which, 99 times out of a hundred, is a missing master. Or too many animations but the OP has not mentioned installing any.

When someone has a problem the way forward is to find out what is causing the problem and then come up with a solution. The way forward is not to start complicating matters with suggestions such as yours to change mod manager for no other reason than you think MO and Vortex are better.

 

I've used NMM for 4 years and not had any problems with it.

Link to comment
2 hours ago, NoNickNeeded said:

The big downside of NMM to me is that it fully overwrites files. So let's say for example both mod A and B have a file called script01.xy

You install mod A and everything works fine.

Then you install mod B and allow it to overwrite, but you find out mod B either doesn't work or you don't like it, so you uninstall it for whatever reason.

Now mod A no longer works, because naturally when you uninstalled mod B, it deleted script01.xy, since that file was part of the mod. But because mod A's file was fully overwritten by mod B's script file, it's now gone. You no longer have a script01.xy file in your data folder and thus mod A can no longer work. Unless you made a backup of the file, you'll have to reinstall mod A.

That is totally false.

Please, learn how works a program like NMM (Nexus Mod Manager) before saying thinks like that.

 

When one mod is removed all the files included in that mod are removed. When one of the files has been replaced the last replaced file is AUTOMATICALLY recovered from the last mod that have that file.

If NMM not make that is imposible the game works.

 

EXAMPLE:

You install a main mod like OBIS, that have a ESP called OBIS.esp, and install a translation, that have a ESP file called OBIS.esp, the original OBIS.esp is overwrited with the OBIS.esp file inside the translation.

If you remove the translation the file OBIS.esp from the translation is removed and NMM AUTOMATICALLY recover the original OBIS.esp and put it in your data folder.

If that operation is not made we get the alert about faulting pluging when load the savegame.

We not need reinstall OBIS because we remove the traslation. 

Link to comment

But a missing master is something that NMM will show in red and LOOT will complain about too and yet the OP didn't mention either happening.

And while SLAroused can contain animations if you download the optional addon for the sexy idle animation above a certain arousal threshold, that's just a single animation... that he was exactly on the limit prior and then pushed beyond by this single animation seems unlikely too.

 

You know the old saying: "Once you eliminate the impossible, one of the remaining options, no matter how unlikely, must inevitably be true." or something to that effect. Though I'm not sure if it was Sherlock Holmes or Hercule Poirot.. either way it was a fictional detective. :)

Link to comment
10 minutes ago, GenioMaestro said:

That is totally false.

Please, learn how works a program like NMM (Nexus Mod Manager) before saying thinks like that.

 

When one mod is removed all the files included in that mod are removed. When one of the files has been replaced the last replaced file is AUTOMATICALLY recovered from the last mod that have that file.

If NMM not make that is imposible the game works.

 

EXAMPLE:

You install a main mod like OBIS, that have a ESP called OBIS.esp, and install a translation, that have a ESP file called OBIS.esp, the original OBIS.esp is overwrited with the OBIS.esp file inside the translation.

If you remove the translation the file OBIS.esp from the translation is removed and NMM AUTOMATICALLY recover the original OBIS.esp and put it in your data folder.

If that operation is not made we get the alert about faulting pluging when load the savegame.

We not need reinstall OBIS because we remove the traslation. 

Oh okay, that must have been patched in after I stopped using it.

Because this behaviour was the main reason why I switched away from NMM and to MO.

 

Sorry for the out-of-date information then.

Link to comment

Hey thks for all the replies ! really appreciate it :')  .. i didnt have the " aroused " thing " feeling stupid  " 

. i wanna take the chance to ask something, many mods in NMM says that it should be cleaned or something, should i do that or can i just leave em the way they are ? i have some random crashes sometimes while ingame tho, i dont know if doing that would help . 

thks again! and sorry for the stupid questions iam kinda new to modding :')

Link to comment
31 minutes ago, SUKAuji said:

Hey thks for all the replies ! really appreciate it :')  .. i didnt have the " aroused " thing " feeling stupid  " 

. i wanna take the chance to ask something, many mods in NMM says that it should be cleaned or something, should i do that or can i just leave em the way they are ? i have some random crashes sometimes while ingame tho, i dont know if doing that would help . 

thks again! and sorry for the stupid questions iam kinda new to modding :')

Is not necesary make any cleaning process in any file of the game.

A lot of guides and a lot of people say that is obligatory clean the master files of the game and any other file but that is totally false.

Clean the masters was an obligatory operation in the years 2012 and 2013, while Beth modify the game files, maybe was necesary in the years 2014 and 2015, because any file with a reference to a deleted record cause CTD.

But Beth not change the game in 5 years. All the mod with references to deleted records has been patched and today i not know a mod that can cause CTD fot that motive.

 

I not clean my masters from a lot of years ago and, of course, my game works with 250 plugings for 2,3,4 consecutive hours whitout any problem.

Spoiler

image.png.d9eaf678b60e82c0ba221dd1b5d61070.png

 

If you have CTD install the Stability Tools:

SKSE Memory Patch

Crash Fixes 12

ENB in Boost mode

Link to comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...