Atelier Ryza - Ever Darkness and the Secret Hideout

4 hours ago, lililillil said:

I sometimes get crashes when I edit .dds files and I'm not quite sure why. I'm using gust_g1t.exe to convert. Does the filesize have to stay the same? If so, how do I keep the filesize the same when editing textures?

I would always use G1tRePack.exe to extract .dds from .gt1 and update the .gt1 with the modified .dds files. It is in Japanese but its a fairly simple tool that comes with English instructions english instructions.txt

I know that the .dds file dimensions need to be the same (2048 x 2048 for example) but I never paid attention to the .dds file size. My guess is that either minimaps were not loaded/exported or the .dds export file compression was not correct. The compression should be BC3 / DXT5.

On 3/16/2020 at 4:17 AM, Hallow147 said:

Hello. So I replaced Ryza's default costume with the pre-order outfit. Everything is working fine and all, but I've noticed there's one issue with her skirt. It's seems there's actually 2 skirts (and skirt accessories) clipping on top of eachother. It really bugs me when I see them both moving in different ways for example when I'm running. Is it possible to fix this?unknown.png

I have not tested this but I believe edits to the Ryza default outfit overwrite may behave oddly if the pc00a_wet_model.elixir.gz & pc00a_wet_model.g1t are not the same as pc00a_model.elixir.gz & pc00a_model.g1t that was being replaced/renamed. When I was modding this game, I would always have them match as a precaution because I was trying to avoid strange errors. 

As far as the dds issue is concerned, my typical procedure is as seen below (I'l use pc001 for this example). I basically just blended together a bunch of guides on this thread into what works for me. Idk if this will fix your problem but I'll put this out there for people. Below I have the gust tools attached. If this breaks any rules please don't hesitate to take down.

1.  Copy pc00a_model.g1t to some folder on desktop (or wherever you like).

2.  Use pc00a_model.g1t on gust_g1t ( this createst a new folder called pc00a_model)

3.  Right click desired DDS you wish to change in pc00a_model (000 for outfit, 004 for eyes, 012 for hair, etc) and open in favorite editing software (paint.net, gimp, photoshop, etc), I use paint.net.

4.  Adjust how you like and then save as PNG.

5.  Convert PNG back to DDS using https://www.aconvert.com/image/dds-to-png/ .

6.  Download and copy back to pc00a_model.

7.  Delete the DDS you wish to replace (000 for example) and rename your new DDS to the original dds (000 following the example).

8.  Use pc00a_model on gust_g1t to create a new pc00a_model.g1t.

9.  Replace old pc00a_model.g1t with new pc00a_model.g1t in your Data/data/x64/character/pc00a folder.

10.  Delete PACK00_02.pak in Data folder.

11.  Use PACK00_02.json on gust_pak to pack everything up.

12.  Start game and hope for the best (you can see your character "Ryza" on the main screen so you can typically tell if there is an issue before even loading your game if you are using pc00a.

gust.rar

10 hours ago, Joe Average said:

I have not tested this but I believe edits to the Ryza default outfit overwrite may behave oddly if the pc00a_wet_model.elixir.gz & pc00a_wet_model.g1t are not the same as pc00a_model.elixir.gz & pc00a_model.g1t that was being replaced/renamed. When I was modding this game, I would always have them match as a precaution because I was trying to avoid strange errors. 

Hmmm I didn't think about that. You could be right. Thanks for the info I'll look into that if I have future conflicts.

10 hours ago, Joe Average said:

I didn't even consider that! I'll try it out right now. 

10 hours ago, fishingslen said:

As far as the dds issue is concerned, my typical procedure is as seen below (I'l use pc001 for this example). I basically just blended together a bunch of guides on this thread into what works for me. Idk if this will fix your problem but I'll put this out there for people. Below I have the gust tools attached. If this breaks any rules please don't hesitate to take down.

1.  Copy pc00a_model.g1t to some folder on desktop (or wherever you like).

2.  Use pc00a_model.g1t on gust_g1t ( this createst a new folder called pc00a_model)

3.  Right click desired DDS you wish to change in pc00a_model (000 for outfit, 004 for eyes, 012 for hair, etc) and open in favorite editing software (paint.net, gimp, photoshop, etc), I use paint.net.

4.  Adjust how you like and then save as PNG.

5.  Convert PNG back to DDS using https://www.aconvert.com/image/dds-to-png/ .

6.  Download and copy back to pc00a_model.

7.  Delete the DDS you wish to replace (000 for example) and rename your new DDS to the original dds (000 following the example).

8.  Use pc00a_model on gust_g1t to create a new pc00a_model.g1t.

9.  Replace old pc00a_model.g1t with new pc00a_model.g1t in your Data/data/x64/character/pc00a folder.

10.  Delete PACK00_02.pak in Data folder.

11.  Use PACK00_02.json on gust_pak to pack everything up.

12.  Start game and hope for the best (you can see your character "Ryza" on the main screen so you can typically tell if there is an issue before even loading your game if you are using pc00a.

gust.rar 95.07 kB · 6 downloads

So I decided to try my hand at the whole texture modding thing, but I run into a problem with step three. So I used pc00a_model.g1t on the gust_g1t as you said, but I'm not seeing any of these DDS files inside the folder. All I get is a .json file inside the folder. Am I doing something wrong?

1 hour ago, Hallow147 said:

So I decided to try my hand at the whole texture modding thing, but I run into a problem with step three. So I used pc00a_model.g1t on the gust_g1t as you said, but I'm not seeing any of these DDS files inside the folder. All I get is a .json file inside the folder. Am I doing something wrong?

You should get something like this. However, it's possible that your file got messed up some how. If you don't have back files, here's the original pc00a_model.g1t.

somethingb.png

pc00a_model.g1t

3 hours ago, Ionasal7 said:

I know how we can solve the problem of the skirt.
However, it is not revealed how I should explain it as I do not know English very much.

If you can explain it in your native language, some other people here might be able to translate it.

I can read Traditional Chinese and a decent amount of Japanese, and some Simplified Chinese.

33 minutes ago, Afker said:

If you can explain it in your native language, some other people here might be able to translate it.

I can read Traditional Chinese and a decent amount of Japanese, and some Simplified Chinese.

Thanks.

I explain in Japanese.

例えばpc00aのスカートを正しく表示したいなら、PACK2.pakをアンパックします。そのなかにある\saves\chara\charapartsdefaultvisible.xmlを開いてPC00Dの上に

CharaPartsDefaultVisible CharaBaseTag="CHARA_BASE_PC00A" partsModelTag="CHARA_PARTS_MODEL_PC00_SKIRT_CLOTH" visible="TRUE"/>
<CharaPartsDefaultVisible CharaBaseTag="CHARA_BASE_PC00A" partsModelTag="CHARA_PARTS_MODEL_PC00_SKIRT_WEIGHT"/>

という文を挿入します。

(00aではなくpc00eの場合はPC00Eに変更してPC00Dの下に追加するなどその都度変更してください。)

その後は、

.xmlとA21に変えたgust_enc.jsonを同じフォルダにおいてgust_enc.exeでeにエンコードしたらスカートが正常にめくれるようになります。

1 minute ago, Ionasal7 said:

Thanks.

I explain in Japanese.

例えばpc00aのスカートを正しく表示したいなら、PACK2.pakをアンパックします。そのなかにある\saves\chara\charapartsdefaultvisible.xmlを開いてPC00Dの上に

CharaPartsDefaultVisible CharaBaseTag="CHARA_BASE_PC00A" partsModelTag="CHARA_PARTS_MODEL_PC00_SKIRT_CLOTH" visible="TRUE"/>
<CharaPartsDefaultVisible CharaBaseTag="CHARA_BASE_PC00A" partsModelTag="CHARA_PARTS_MODEL_PC00_SKIRT_WEIGHT"/>

という文を挿入します。

その後は、

<CharaPartsDefaultVisible CharaBaseTag="CHARA_BASE_PC00A" partsModelTag="CHARA_PARTS_MODEL_PC00_SKIRT_CLOTH" visible="TRUE"/>

1番最初の<が抜けてました。

5 hours ago, Ionasal7 said:

Thanks.

I explain in Japanese.

という文を挿入します。

その後は、

My translation:

For example, if you want the skirt of pc00a to display correctly, unpack PACK2.pak.  Open the \saves\chara\charapartsdefaultvisible.xml that is inside, and insert the following quoted text above PC00D:

<CharaPartsDefaultVisible CharaBaseTag="CHARA_BASE_PC00A" partsModelTag="CHARA_PARTS_MODEL_PC00_SKIRT_CLOTH" visible="TRUE"/>

(if instead of 00a, you want to to fix 00e's skirt, adjust the quoted text from PC00A to PC00E and insert below PC00D accordingly).

After that, put the .xml file and the edited gust_enc.json in the same folder, re-encode e (should it be a here?) with gust_enc.exe, and the skirt should flip normally.

I hope my translation is sufficiently accurate and understandable.

4 hours ago, Afker said:

My translation:

For example, if you want the skirt of pc00a to display correctly, unpack PACK2.pak.  Open the \saves\chara\charapartsdefaultvisible.xml that is inside, and insert the following quoted text above PC00D:

(if instead of 00a, you want to to fix 00e's skirt, adjust the quoted text from PC00A to PC00E and insert below PC00D accordingly).

After that, put the .xml file and the edited gust_enc.json in the same folder, re-encode e (should it be a here?) with gust_enc.exe, and the skirt should flip normally.

Thanks a bunch for the translation, much appreciated!

Though I don't really understand what we need to re-encode exactly, what is 'e'? The entire 'saves' folder?

5 hours ago, Afker said:

My translation:

Thank you for your translation.
I try whether I can explain in a brief images.

The class to put saves folder is a place same as an execute file.

1.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

6.png

Hmm, nice to see we found a way to remove one of the skirts. However it's kinda funny because I actually wanted to remove the one that SKELFantasy is talking about! Since I much prefer the static one. However, using the files in the dlc swimsuit folder has been working for me anyways, since that one doesn't have the duplicated skirt problem. Keep it up though, guys!