[mod] DZM Expanded

hi,
the mod does sound very interesting, but I have troubles to get this mod working, the soul forging part of it doesn ot work, or at least I cant access it. I can build the soverign tower, the study and all the other buildings and interact with them. I can build the underground passage, but not the mystic workshop. Even if I change something in the mod and I can "cheat" me one, it does nothing for me, I can not interact with it, even if I have the mystic trait.
I can search for a mystic and make them my court mystic, but I cant use decisions to let them search for spells or anything, something I should be able to do if i understood correctly.
I was in the possesion of a mystical artifact, the staff of lorule from a link between worlds, but again I could not do soul forging voodoo with it.

Are there any requirements for this mod?
The old DZM mod had a few listed, and I am missing the reapers due dlc, is that necessary, or is it just for a few minor things?
Do I need the standard DZM mod to build upon? It is not listed anywhere  as a prerequisite. Is that it? Am I simply an idiot? xD

Mod conflicts?
I tried deactivating every mod I have and only left Luxuria Fantasia and Dark world.
"Dark World: Not a hard incompatibility" Minor issues yes, bigger ones....perhaps?

On 7/22/2021 at 12:43 PM, Kamui2011 said:

Am I simply an idiot?

No, just me.

As for the rest, you need to keep getting tomes until you learn the spell to soulforge and you need to get the magic crystals required to fuel the ritual to soulforge someone.  What spells you learn are random.

All of this will be completely absent from the new mod.

Here's the new process.

1. Have the Summoner trait. The first release will give it to you on game start without needing to go into character customization. I'll much later down the line add a "storymode" to get the trait.

2. The first summon is free. You'll have a list to choose from.

3. All soulforges after that will require you to have an artifact of some sort.

No buildings, no technology advances, no RNG magic tomes.

There will also be no rush like before. NPC Soulforges will not spawn in the world until you summon your first.

23 hours ago, MagnaSonic3000 said:

he won't be able to fix much until he gets the mod in a state he likes.

The current uploaded version will remain as is. Unless it's outright causing crashes, it will be the last version until this new mod is ready for release. Which will have a new page.

So... Any idea why I'm getting swarmed with Cu Chulainn's? I probably have several hundred of them running havoc across the continent. I'm going through the slow process of cheat-killing them, but I have no idea why it's happening in the first place or if it'll last.

Edit: It does not, in fact, last. Looks like I'm getting like 4 new Cu Chulainns every month.

Edited by Kithara

Analyzing the save and mod files, it looks to me like the player soulforge keeps getting triggered. The global flag is set, but nothing actually seems to check for it, so it just keeps getting updated, and Cu Chulainn keeps getting forged.

What I can't figure out is what actually triggers the dze_culancer.1-3 events since they only show up in dze_player_lancer_soulforge.txt and they're all is_triggered_only = yes.

22 hours ago, Kithara said:

What I can't figure out is what actually triggers the dze_culancer.1-3 events since they only show up in dze_player_lancer_soulforge.txt and they're all is_triggered_only = yes.

Yeah that is really weird. I deleted the decision file before uploading the "final" version so the AI shouldn't be spawning him in either. For now just delete that text file. I'm gonna reupload the folder so people don't have to do it every time they feel like downloading it.

I wanted an excuse to add the flag that prevents them from running off to China anyways and might as well use this as an opportunity.

image.png.d7b1581e460e438977cf8b20cda5122d.png

So, stuck manually murdering all the swarming lancers via console, with Carnival Phantasm gags running through my head all the while. :P

Figuring out how to get him to stop spawning is a pain -_-

Oh, and I'm getting the old bug wherein if I leave the game and reload, I have to rebuild all of the capital buildings added by the mod, similar to how the Heroes and Villains buildings used to reset from DWR; was wondering if there was a fix here?

Edited by AMchi

I have a question for when this mod is released in the final version
will it be compatible with the current version?
If I understood correctly you want to focus on soul forging, cutting everything else from the current mod, soul crystals, seeking mystic texts and the like

But I quite like the seeking mystic texts and soul crystal mechanic, gives me a sense of progression when I get more and more powerful, muahahahaa

So would it be possible to make the two compatible? Like "delete file x and file y from the old version (the current one)" and then it will never trigger the soul forging mechanic
So we have the mystic mechanic from old one, and the soul forging things from the new one?
Or would it be way too much effort?

And second thing

Would it be possible to make the soul forged characters into commanders and/or counselors?
Norse have the ability to make females into shieldmaidens and shieldmaidens can be commanders, so would it be possible for soul forged characters?

I have some extremly powerful women in my court, one of them being jeane dárc, a renowend COMMANDER, but I can not make her one

Either by having them inherently being able to command, some of them ARE legendary figures and leaders, or by a shieldmaidne similiar mechanic "enable to lead troops" or something, at the cost of prestige/piety/popular opinion for some months or a variety of that

and what about counselors?
Is there a decision that enables them to counselor positions, even without the full women rights from the conclave dlc?
Or is is hardcoded into the game?

just some ideas I wanted to share

edit:
another idea I had:
currently, if you want to soulforge omeone you have to fulfill certain conditions or your chances of summoning is lower, even 0%, representing you affinity for the soulforged entity. I like the idea honestly, but how about an option of enslaving/brainwashing them if your chance is low? in return they would have lower stats or something. Or perhaps a cheat trait "master summoner" that you can only aquire with console commands, and everyone who does not want to use it, simple won´t?
I know we are here on loverslab, but this time it is honestly not because I want a harem of superhuman waifus...well maybe a little bit ?

the real reason is that I simply want to soulforge everyone, an immortal needs hobbies after all. then it would be like pokemon, gotta catch them all xD

again, just some ideas I wanted to share. this is your mod and you do with it want you want

Edited by Kamui2011
On 8/10/2021 at 1:22 PM, Kamui2011 said:

will it be compatible with the current version?

Not in the slightest. DZ's code is simply too different to work with. Really the only thing being brought over is my additions.

But I quite like the seeking mystic texts and soul crystal mechanic, gives me a sense of progression when I get more and more powerful, muahahahaa

This isn't being removed entirely. You still need to collect artifacts and perform rituals. What I'm basically doing is removing the RNG and other spells. Dark World and Lux both have magic systems and all the spells found in this mod are in those. More so Dark World which has a progression system of actually being trained as a mage with specializations instead of this mod which is just find a random book and hope for the best.

Or would it be way too much effort?

Yes.

Would it be possible to make the soul forged characters into commanders and/or counselors?
Norse have the ability to make females into shieldmaidens and shieldmaidens can be commanders, so would it be possible for soul forged characters?

I have some extremly powerful women in my court, one of them being jeane dárc, a renowend COMMANDER, but I can not make her one

Either by having them inherently being able to command, some of them ARE legendary figures and leaders, or by a shieldmaidne similiar mechanic "enable to lead troops" or something, at the cost of prestige/piety/popular opinion for some months or a variety of that

and what about counselors?
Is there a decision that enables them to counselor positions, even without the full women rights from the conclave dlc?
Or is is hardcoded into the game?

Every soul forge inherently comes with the "Special" tag which allows them to serve as a commander or any counselor regardless of gender law. I added it to the male servants too for those who instate matriarchies. I forgot to give Jeanne and some other player soulforges these flags. I'll update it within the next few days.

currently, if you want to soulforge omeone you have to fulfill certain conditions or your chances of summoning is lower, even 0%, representing you affinity for the soulforged entity. I like the idea honestly, but how about an option of enslaving/brainwashing them if your chance is low? in return they would have lower stats or something. Or perhaps a cheat trait "master summoner" that you can only aquire with console commands, and everyone who does not want to use it, simple won´t?
I know we are here on loverslab, but this time it is honestly not because I want a harem of superhuman waifus...well maybe a little bit

I was considering removing the "affinity" system. I didn't much care for it, though I'll consider keeping it. As for the mod in its current state, I'm leaving it as is because I actually did try to change it a bit and it broke the entire mod. As I've said before, DZ's code leads to cascade failures when others interact. If one thing is broken, everything is broken.

the real reason is that I simply want to soulforge everyone, an immortal needs hobbies after all. then it would be like pokemon, gotta catch them all xD

I mean this is what I did lol

I'm planning on allowing players to form their own Chaldea in the new mod(Might even make a Emperor tier title or something) and I'm disecting Dark World's hero system which had them simply respawn if they died. In this case you'd be resummoning them.

6 hours ago, Aska2000 said:

Does your mercenary tavern (and bandit den) disappear from your building list after loading a save game? Or is it just my problem?

This problem was reported. When I tried to fix it, it broke the entire mod with a cascade failure. So unless someone else can provide a solution I can't really do anything about it as I am simply unwilling to go through 20 different files(I don't even know which ones I need to) when other mods normally only need about 3. This was the reason I chose to reboot the mod.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/12/2021 at 10:51 AM, TriggerBlade said:

This problem was reported. When I tried to fix it, it broke the entire mod with a cascade failure. So unless someone else can provide a solution I can't really do anything about it as I am simply unwilling to go through 20 different files(I don't even know which ones I need to) when other mods normally only need about 3. This was the reason I chose to reboot the mod.

Bootleg solution that (so far, anyway) works perfectly for me:

1. delete common\buildings\dz_temple.txt
also theres some broken desc links to fix in dz_castle.txt iirc, and might have some instances of this to change to allow some upgrades/dependent buildings

potential = {
	FROMFROM = {
		has_building = dz_BuildingName_Castle
	}
}

2. fix common\scripted_triggers\dz_holding_triggers.txt and maybe others to ensure the building names in dz_castle.txt are recognized

There may be more that I'm forgetting (did this weeks ago)

The gist of it is that the temple buildings and castle buildings share names (i.e. dz_FightersGuild_1), and this causes some conflict that results in deleting the building (?)

Edited by gslfgnjfdlkjg
  • 1 month later...
On 7/22/2021 at 6:43 PM, Kamui2011 said:

hi,
the mod does sound very interesting, but I have troubles to get this mod working, the soul forging part of it doesn ot work, or at least I cant access it. I can build the soverign tower, the study and all the other buildings and interact with them. I can build the underground passage, but not the mystic workshop. Even if I change something in the mod and I can "cheat" me one, it does nothing for me, I can not interact with it, even if I have the mystic trait.
I can search for a mystic and make them my court mystic, but I cant use decisions to let them search for spells or anything, something I should be able to do if i understood correctly.
I was in the possesion of a mystical artifact, the staff of lorule from a link between worlds, but again I could not do soul forging voodoo with it.

Are there any requirements for this mod?
The old DZM mod had a few listed, and I am missing the reapers due dlc, is that necessary, or is it just for a few minor things?
Do I need the standard DZM mod to build upon? It is not listed anywhere  as a prerequisite. Is that it? Am I simply an idiot? xD

Mod conflicts?
I tried deactivating every mod I have and only left Luxuria Fantasia and Dark world.
"Dark World: Not a hard incompatibility" Minor issues yes, bigger ones....perhaps?

same here, been able to build it in 2 games and never again regardless of what i do

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/18/2021 at 10:11 AM, Doompi123 said:

same here, been able to build it in 2 games and never again regardless of what i do

New version should fix the building problems, as there's no more conflicts with the temple holdings

If Private Library 2 and Private Training Yard have broken names, they also won't show up in the decisions. To fix:

1. Open DZME\common\buildings\dz_castle.txt
  2. Ctrl+F and search for "_Castle" (without quotes)
  3. remove every instance of the "_Castle" suffix

If decisions don't show up even though you have the buildings and/or traits, save and reload.

Edited by gslfgnjfdlkjg
  • 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, LenaLachrymosa said:

Is it possible to describe in a few words what this mod does? Please

The main post should answer this but while I'm on the website already.

1. It gives limited functionality with a mercenary and thieves guild.

2. You can build extra facilities in castles, villages, and cities. Nomads are unsupported due to the fact they're nomadic and because it would have been a pain to program.

3. These facilities range from libraries, to private training yards, to private gardens. Increasing tech, interacting with courtiers and adding traits.

4. If you set the option to on: those with the mystic trait may become summoners/necromancers and summon various characters from the Fate franchise, focused on those featured in Fate Grand Order. NPCs will be summoning these too. The player, not NPCs, will also have access to magical spells.

5. Compatibility with several mods. Check the main page for which are covered.

TL;DR on mod status.

This mod is abandoned for the most part. It had all its game breaking bugs fixed. Everything with the exception of the servant summoning has been given the greenlight to be taken and incorporated into another mod if anyone wants it with both my permission and the permission of the original mod author.

I'm making a successor mod that will only contain the servant summoning. The other magical spells will be removed with the mod being compatible with other mods on this website that, in my opinion, have much better magic systems in place.

There is no release date for this successor mod as I am in college but it is being worked on.

Summon 3rd party characters for fun and profit. Summon a ton of girls, because we all know the rest of the court don't like you. Pick the one that's special to you and have a lot of babies. Then turn around and have bastard children with everyone else, because this always turns into a harem. Have all of the servant's children plot against you for fucking too many women.

I think that describes it nicely.

• 6 months later...
  • 4 months later...
6 hours ago, Stormebreaker said:

Сool mod, one of my favorites!
I wonder when the new version of this mod will be released?

No idea man. I've been chipping away at things in random intervals for so long that I can't even remember when I started.

A general reminder that the new version will exclusively be focused on the summoning. Which I'm not willing to upload an alpha due to how finicky it can be. I still remember the infinite Cu Chulainn bug.

Since I'm always transparent in my other projects. I had to restart the remake like 3 times due to computer failings and my own novice skill.(I've gotten a lot better)

With everyone focusing on CK3, I don't really feel the rush to put out a potentially game breaking build for a game few are still modding.(Despite me enjoying playing CK2 more)

DZ and I did give permission for people to take the code for everything else in the mod for those who want the mercenary and thieves guild stuff. 

I'll also note I won't be offended if people make their own summoning system(There are Fate mods on the Steam workshop) as long as they don't use the code found in this mod.

Edited by TriggerBlade
14 hours ago, TriggerBlade said:

Без понятия, чувак. Я так долго что-то убирал через случайные промежутки времени, что даже не могу вспомнить, когда начал.

Общее напоминание о том, что новая версия будет ориентирована исключительно на призыв. Что я не хочу загружать альфу из-за того, насколько привередливой она может быть. Я до сих пор помню бесконечный жук Кухулина.

Так как я всегда прозрачен в своих других проектах. Мне пришлось перезапустить римейк примерно 3 раза из-за сбоев компьютера и моих собственных навыков новичка. (Я стал намного лучше)

Поскольку все сосредоточены на CK3, я действительно не чувствую спешки, чтобы выпустить потенциально ломающую игру сборку для игры, которую до сих пор модифицируют немногие (несмотря на то, что мне больше нравится играть в CK2).

DZ и я разрешили людям брать код для всего остального в моде для тех, кто хочет наемников и гильдии воров. 

Я также отмечу, что не обижусь, если люди сделают свою собственную систему призыва (в мастерской Steam есть моды Fate), если они не используют код, найденный в этом моде.

thanks for the answer