[mod] DZM Expanded

some of bugs I find:

1. conflicting gfx_trait in dz_trait and dze_trait for example both contain renowned beauty and renowned conqueror trait in dz_trait located in middle while in dze_trait  located in the bottom.

2. missing GFX for mark of cichol there is no gfx image in gfx folder named dze_cicholcrest.dds.

3. suggestion for religion, since tales of nine tales, or other mod have their own religion, if developer does not focus on custom religion at the moment, I suggest to remove/disable it for time being, Hylian rel etc and just generalize it as pagan. since it adds clutter to the game causing oddities or conflict with other mods using same religion or modifying religion text or modifying religion_icon_strip.gfx also religion that using different name for it, like TONT use original dark world dwf_shinto while this mod using dz_shinto, both are shinto but have different name and both appear in the game, this also causing religion icon to mess up since both using religion_icon_strip.gfx as source file which will overwrite each other, since this mod has tons of content it could tidy up things a bit and let developer to focus on other issue.

so when the next update came out? :3

I want to suggest author tone down the health bonus on crest it's very high like 10 health, they could live like 150+ years old,  how ck handle female living 150 years old without immortality seems like long time to live woman are barren on age 40 unlike male, ruling above 100 years also giving penalty game consider you as immortal while you are not you just have tons of health.

original crest should be uninheritable but there should be bloodline trait for each crest marking their lineage or maybe real bloodline perhaps? is author gonna implement flame emblem kingdom here like future plans perhaps?

I like this mod this make even challenge even taking down smaller county going to be hard if they are having servant, this balance game a lot as a king I nearly lost against dukes that only have half my troops.

2 hours ago, liviantus said:

so when the next update came out? :3

I release minor patches semi-regularly. I want to add something of actual substance before I move onto 0.0.2 since I've really only added world spawning for some characters and support for other mods.

My current to do list for 0.0.2 is to make some of the inactive soul forges DZ already programmed playable and implement my own form of soul forging to add an alternative method of summoning to make up for the servants everyone gets at game start.

I want to suggest author tone down the health bonus on crest it's very high like 10 health, they could live like 150+ years old,  how ck handle female living 150 years old without immortality seems like long time to live woman are barren on age 40 unlike male, ruling above 100 years also giving penalty game consider you as immortal while you are not you just have tons of health.

Noted. Next patch will reduce the health of crest traits.

original crest should be uninheritable but there should be bloodline trait for each crest marking their lineage or maybe real bloodline perhaps?

No to the actual bloodline mechanic since a key part to many character's stories in Fire Emblem is that not all people can inherit crest.

As for bloodline traits? Probably when I get to implementing the concept of minor and major crests. Though that will require coding I'm not experienced with so don't expect it for 0.0.2

is author gonna implement flame emblem kingdom here like future plans perhaps?

I don't know what this is so... maybe?

I like this mod this make even challenge even taking down smaller county going to be hard if they are having servant, this balance game a lot as a king I nearly lost against dukes that only have half my troops.

This is the closest thing this mod is going to get to a Holy Grail War. 

I've intentionally made it so that these servants kinda work like legendary lords/generals from the Total War games.

I'll probably delay the spawning of servants by a year or more to give players more of a chance to build up forces and summon their own servants if the challenge is too much.

4 hours ago, TriggerBlade said:

This is the closest thing this mod is going to get to a Holy Grail War. 

I've intentionally made it so that these servants kinda work like legendary lords/generals from the Total War games.

I'll probably delay the spawning of servants by a year or more to give players more of a chance to build up forces and summon their own servants if the challenge is too much.

This is great as it is, at least for me I really like it, btw player could also be as strong as servant considering many op mod with many races and mechanics this make dark world even more interesting, as special races that have regeneration capability or having many special ability player technically could be equal match for a servant but need time and grinding of course. 

being standalone mod player could also customize their starting char as they like given prodigy trait giving you char any stats and traits, considering player does not act too reckless this setting should be fine.

as for me starting as viking kitsune or succubus having berserker trait should do the job, given time my char could be equal match but the grind is real I need to win countless battle triggering as many berserker event as I can, winning duels as much as I can, I can do the grind while trying to find book honing my necromancy skill, so far I find there is no dull moment.

another suggestion is to give female servant special_commander or special_marshal flag, female servant rarely goes to combat because most of the world is agnatic or cognatic so they tend to be idle without seeing any action on the field.

1 hour ago, liviantus said:

another suggestion is to give female servant special_commander or special_marshal flag, female servant rarely goes to combat because most of the world is agnatic or cognatic so they tend to be idle without seeing any action on the field.

Sure thing. Will be ready with the next patch.

2 hours ago, helixyos said:

Just a small suggestion (which would probably not be realized before veryyyyyy long). It would be nice if the longevity trait became a real longevity.
For a normal human it would be to die around 120-130 or maybe even older via some event for special NPC and players.

I'm confused. What are you asking?

On 11/14/2019 at 2:25 PM, helixyos said:

It is true that it was not very clear.
Basically for now the hidden trait longevity gives +3 health.
I would like it to have a real impact that just +3 of health. I want the trait to significantly increase the character's lifespan.

Adding health is usually how you increase a character's lifespan. I can bump it up from 3 to 10 if you'd like. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
19 hours ago, TriggerBlade said:

It's a mod conflict that I don't know the source of. It has nothing to do with anything official.

I litterally disabled all other mods besides this one, before posting in the first place. Its there regardless.

Also, exact same bug is shared with old DZ mod and before I patched CK2 from 3.2.0 to 3.3.0 all was fine with both of them, so... it IS conflict with last official patch. At least for some PCs.

1 hour ago, Rance47 said:

I litterally disabled all other mods besides this one, before posting in the first place. Its there regardless.

Also, exact same bug is shared with old DZ mod and before I patched CK2 from 3.2.0 to 3.3.0 all was fine with both of them, so... it IS conflict with last official patch. At least for some PCs.

Did you run with this mod enabled exclusively?

I've done it, and I regularly test with all current Luxuria Fantasia related mods(will begin testing on Dark World soon) and don't have the issue you've described.

If this is an issue with "some PCs" then I need further information since I only have the one I'm currently typing on and thus can't account for different specs or installation methods.

Edit: Do you have any mods that edit character portraits? Not overlays, the actual base game character creation. Some mods of that nature create this bug when out of date.

1 minute ago, TriggerBlade said:

Did you run with this mod enabled exclusively?

I've done it, and I regularly test with all current Luxuria Fantasia related mods(will begin testing on Dark World soon) and don't have the issue you've described.

If this is an issue with "some PCs" then I need further information since I only have the one I'm currently typing on and thus can't account for different specs or installation methods.

Yes, I checked both versions of DZ mods by running only default ck2 full dlc pack + single mod(the one being tested).

In both cases I get this. Difference being, that at higher, unwindowed resolution, the problem with spawning table only gets worse.

Spoiler

image.png.14340128c6dea7d674eede36951b2711.png

As for PC specs:

Spoiler

Processor - Intel Core i7-7700K CPU @ 4.20GHz

Motherboard - ASRock Z270 Extreme4 (CPUSocket)

Graphics NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti - Device ID    10DE-1B06

RAM is more than sufficient and other memory usually dont play that much role and lastly

OC - Windows 10 Pro 64-bit with all up to date drivers and updates.

Hope this will help.

On 12/11/2019 at 12:31 PM, Rance47 said:

Yes, I checked both versions of DZ mods by running only default ck2 full dlc pack + single mod(the one being tested).

In both cases I get this. Difference being, that at higher, unwindowed resolution, the problem with spawning table only gets worse.

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.14340128c6dea7d674eede36951b2711.png

As for PC specs:

Reveal hidden contents

Processor - Intel Core i7-7700K CPU @ 4.20GHz

Motherboard - ASRock Z270 Extreme4 (CPUSocket)

Graphics NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti - Device ID    10DE-1B06

RAM is more than sufficient and other memory usually dont play that much role and lastly

OC - Windows 10 Pro 64-bit with all up to date drivers and updates.

Hope this will help.

I honestly don't know how to help. I just did another round of testing and even launched it with over 20 mods from steam and I still can't replicate the bug. 

I'm gonna upload my current work, hopefully it fixes it for you. However I'm not aware of any changes I made that would affect the UI.

3 hours ago, TriggerBlade said:

I honestly don't know how to help. I just did another round of testing and even launched it with over 20 mods from steam and I still can't replicate the bug. 

I'm gonna upload my current work, hopefully it fixes it for you. However I'm not aware of any changes I made that would affect the UI.

Ok. The bug is still there after update, but thankfully its manageble with highest resolution. Table vanishes after starting screen and nothing else seems to be broken, so as long as you can click on menu it becomes nothing more but a minor nuisance.

I was just afraid that there would be problems later on. In stellaris, for example, empty table spam after start date almost guaratees that you somehow F'd up installation of mod resources.

On the note of bugs and features. Was leaving those with dze_summoned_trait fertile a bug or a very lewd feature? ?

20 hours ago, Rance47 said:

Ok. The bug is still there after update, but thankfully its manageble with highest resolution. Table vanishes after starting screen and nothing else seems to be broken, so as long as you can click on menu it becomes nothing more but a minor nuisance.

I was just afraid that there would be problems later on. In stellaris, for example, empty table spam after start date almost guaratees that you somehow F'd up installation of mod resources.

On the note of bugs and features. Was leaving those with dze_summoned_trait fertile a bug or a very lewd feature? ?

Summoning is a separate process than soulforging.

That person is being plucked out of their place in time and space temporarily to aid. Once they "die" they return to their regular setting and life. Think of it as an isakai for the most simplest comparison. Since it's their actual being, their reproduction organs still work.

Soulforging is straight up creating a non-living vessel for a soul to inhabit. That's why you have the necromancer trait and why I'm continuing the trend of using Fate characters. In Fate it's based on historical perception. In DZM Expanded it's a product of an imperfect process.

I will be writing down a paragraph or two explaining the lore once I get more sizable content in the mod.

In regards to lewdness. Some things will be hooked into other mods like Caster from Fate/Zero is planned to have a tentacle scene if you have Tentacle Dreams downloaded, but DZM Expanded will never be a sex mod itself. This is out of respect for DZ since he didn't intend to have it be one.

People are free to make an sexy add-on or I may make a sexy add-on but it will be on a separate page.

And I know people ask, yes I'm working on the rule to prevent Fate characters from spawning.

• 3 weeks later...