[mod] DZM Expanded

So, I've noticed a bizarre bug that causes any building from this mod to be removed if you save and reload your game. At first I'd thought that it was a conflict with other mods, but after testing with all other mods disabled, the bug still occurs. I can also confirm that this bug wasn't introduced in the most recent update, as the version that I downloaded on the 4th of this month has the same issue.

My best guess is that there's some sort of error with whatever system is used to designate restrictions for the construction of certain buildings, given that the reload also causes all other buildings to become unrestricted after reload.

41 minutes ago, 3drow5me said:

So, I've noticed a bizarre bug that causes any building from this mod to be removed if you save and reload your game. At first I'd thought that it was a conflict with other mods, but after testing with all other mods disabled, the bug still occurs. I can also confirm that this bug wasn't introduced in the most recent update, as the version that I downloaded on the 4th of this month has the same issue.

My best guess is that there's some sort of error with whatever system is used to designate restrictions for the construction of certain buildings, given that the reload also causes all other buildings to become unrestricted after reload.

I haven't experienced this but I'll try to see if I can replicate.

21 minutes ago, TriggerBlade said:

I haven't experienced this but I'll try to see if I can replicate.

In the case that this might help, I have all DLCs enabled with the exception of a few portrait/unit/music packs. I doubt that the absence of any of these would cause the issue though.

On a side note, if there's any DLC that you don't own or use, I can try to replicate the bug with and without them enabled to see if one of those is somehow the culprit.

6 minutes ago, 3drow5me said:

In the case that this might help, I have all DLCs enabled with the exception of a few portrait/unit/music packs. I doubt that the absence of any of these would cause the issue though.

On a side note, if there's any DLC that you don't own or use, I can try to replicate the bug with and without them enabled to see if one of those is somehow the culprit.

Alright, scratch that. Just started a new save without any DLCs or other mods enabled and replicated the bug immediately.

Also the process to replicate it is as follows,

1. Start new game with any feudal ruler. (I haven't tested with rulers with other holding types)
  2. Use the 'wealth' command.
  3. Construct 'Sovereign's Tower'.
  4. Save and resign.
  5. Reload.
  6. Don't profit???

Thanks ckii very cool.png

I'm sorry if this is getting spammy, but I've managed to find out what the problem is!

I noticed that the bug didn't occur when playing as a tribal character, so I poked into the files for the mod for a bit and found that the temple versions of buildings within the dz_temple.txt file don't contain a unique suffix unlike in dz_city.txt, dz_tribal.txt, and famiy_palace.txt. Deleting the dz_temple.txt caused the bug to no longer occur, confirming the cause of the issue.

I think that the problem here is that entries, such as dz_SovereignTower, exist within both dz_castle.txt and dz_temple.txt. The game doesn't know how to handle the duplicate entries causing an error upon loading a save. A possible fix may be to change the temple entries into something such as dz_SovereignTower_temple, etc.

I hope this manages to help!

9 hours ago, 3drow5me said:

I noticed that the bug didn't occur when playing as a tribal character

I almost exclusively play tribal so this is probably why I didn't notice.

9 hours ago, 3drow5me said:

A possible fix may be to change the temple entries into something such as dz_SovereignTower_temple

I'll do this and upload it as soon as I'm able.

Is it based on 3.3 game version? Alternatively, while I did see most buildings available, I didn't see any new decisions regarding summoning, just spy informing me of artifacts held by other rulers. Do you need the mage trait to get started? Admittedly, I am trying to play it with DWR since having an option to give subordinates elixir of youth is always tempting.

13 hours ago, Saveloy said:

Is it based on 3.3 game version? Alternatively, while I did see most buildings available, I didn't see any new decisions regarding summoning, just spy informing me of artifacts held by other rulers. Do you need the mage trait to get started? Admittedly, I am trying to play it with DWR since having an option to give subordinates elixir of youth is always tempting.

As the front page says, DWR isn't my priority right now. I'll get around to it eventually.

The mod is based on the latest version. I still need to go through the files mentioned.

As for the trait, you need dz_necromancer since your magic is powered by the lifeforce of living beings. I will probably update it to be compatible with Lux's and Dark World's mage traits as an alternative but that will take some time.

As for summoning. You need to find tomes until you unlock the ability and then obtain one of the artifacts. To make things easier, I'm going to be be giving variations of the servants a copy of the needed artifact so all you need to do is steal it if you don't want to go through the search option.

All rulers who have a servant are also given a tome for you to steal. This is the only Vs content right now.

The Mage trait can actually allow you to get the trait you need to get it ready. Normally you need to keep busting your ass until you get the Mystic trait, which on the next attempt, you can make your book of spookiness. However, the Mage trait acts as the Mystic trait, so just having it allows you to make the book, and it is easier to get than the Mystic one.

Just tried update, buildings carry over in castle but two bugs I've found:

1. The name isn't properly implemented, instead using the underlying designation, eg dz_thievesguild_1_castle

2. The buildings do not trigger the ability to assign minor titles. Not 100% sure why, but if I'm reading them correctly the triggers file might still be looking for the old building designations, eg dz_thievesguild_1 instead of dz_thievesguild_1_castle

2 hours ago, DMoney1331 said:

Just tried update, buildings carry over in castle but two bugs I've found:

1. The name isn't properly implemented, instead using the underlying designation, eg dz_thievesguild_1_castle

2. The buildings do not trigger the ability to assign minor titles. Not 100% sure why, but if I'm reading them correctly the triggers file might still be looking for the old building designations, eg dz_thievesguild_1 instead of dz_thievesguild_1_castle

Check the front page. I noticed this myself and got kinda raddled ^^;

"The new mod will essentially be what both DroZzhat and I said DZM and DZME wouldn't become and that is a Fate but for Crusader Kings 2 mod."

Down with the establishment! More waifus, more waifus!

Let us not kid ourselves, most of the bulk of the content ended up being the soulforging. The guilds were only a portion of it while a lot of the cool stuff you could do was only as a necromancer. Also it isn't really clear how the thieves guild can steal shit for you, so personally, I don't really care seeing that content get axed. Fuck those guys.

2 hours ago, MagnaSonic3000 said:

Down with the establishment! More waifus, more waifus!

Pretty much.

I haven't settled on an official outline for the new mod(or even a name) but here's some ideas going on in my brain just so you all know my headspace. This is not set in stone so expect some of these ideas to be altered or nixed.

1. You're not a necromancer anymore. You're a "Summoner." I chose this as a title because I intend on hooking the mod into Lux and Dark World's magic systems which call you a mage. This mod will stand on its own 100% but the only magic being done will be summoning. I might, very down the line, add spells not seen in either Lux or Dark World.

2. It won't be Fate exclusive. There are just too many Fate characters with a lot of them just not fitting. Like Charles Babbage... I'm gonna pull from DZM/DZME and keep the Fire Emblem and Zelda characters  for sure, but I'm not 100% on the other characters. I'll probably leave it to fan demand.

3. I'll probably go the Fate Extra route of offering three or four servants to start from. I haven't decided if it's going to be exactly like Fate Extra or if I will include Zelda and Fire Emblem characters to begin with.

4. The process of tech grinding, several buildings being needed, becoming a mystic, and hunting down tomes just to get the option of soulforging is being removed entirely. The only requirement will be the new Summoner trait and obtaining the "essence" of a spirit. Not sure what that is yet. Mordred was summoned with a piece of the Round Table so... eh.

5. NPC Rulers will still have soulforges. Not sure if I'm going to have some unavailable to the player or if I'll program something like custom duels in which you can summon them after you kill them.

That's all that's going through my head right now. Since I'm building the mod from the ground up with minimal repurposing of DZME's code(Mostly localization) the first build will not be coming out any time soon. Though like I did for DZME, I am accepting code and localization donations if anyone wants to speed the process up. I still very much am an amateur and will need to learn some stuff as I was piggybacking off of DroZzhat's framework. 

If it is the Extra choice ala Nero, Archer or Tamamo, maybe the start of the game will just plaster you in the face like most mods do on game start about starting with a summon (like how LF throws a race choice at you, with the option of just staying human). You can choose from a list of choices, and whoever you choose cannot be picked by anyone else. So like if you pick my favorite fox, no other NPC can also have her, since I'm sure they'll all exist as a single entity. NPC rulers will then pull whoever is left over, while the player gets priority over who they get first.

Kinda feels like Pokemon, or maybe more Digimon since you only get a singular partner.

Edited by MagnaSonic3000
Forgot to capitalize.
42 minutes ago, MagnaSonic3000 said:

If it is the Extra choice ala Nero, Archer or Tamamo, maybe the start of the game will just plaster you in the face like most mods do on game start about starting with a summon (like how LF throws a race choice at you, with the option of just staying human). You can choose from a list of choices, and whoever you choose cannot be picked by anyone else. So like if you pick my favorite fox, no other NPC can also have her, since I'm sure they'll all exist as a single entity. NPC rulers will then pull whoever is left over, while the player gets priority over who they get first.

Kinda feels like Pokemon, or maybe more Digimon since you only get a singular partner.

The other option is to use the Intrigue menu and have it be an activated decision like Reform the Roman Empire.

The issue is the servants were already spread out in the old incarnation of the mod, so I don't think an intrigue choice would work if he worked it like I've suggested. Chances are, if you don't make a choice, all the servants will have been taken by the AI, leaving you without one. By prompting the player at game start, you can force the game to let you have at least one before the AI has at them. I feel like leaving it a choice that activates the servants at a later date is a bit too gamey, especially since the servants are normally already active by that point.

6 hours ago, MagnaSonic3000 said:

If it is the Extra choice ala Nero, Archer or Tamamo

I mean Tamamo and Nero are already implemented as soulforges so I could just go Fate/Extra CCC since art for Gilgamesh was already made. I'd just need to figure out how DZ made those images to make one for Archer and bam. 2 waifus and 2 husbandos to start off with.

6 hours ago, MagnaSonic3000 said:

So like if you pick my favorite fox, no other NPC can also have her, since I'm sure they'll all exist as a single entity.

I can easily just put the command "set_global_flag = MagnaSonic3000'sWifeSummoned" and it will prevent anyone else from summoning her by having-

"NOT = {
            has_global_flag = MagnaSonic3000'sWifeSummoned"

I know some things lol

6 hours ago, SamIAmHam said:

The other option is to use the Intrigue menu

3 hours ago, MagnaSonic3000 said:

I don't think an intrigue choice would work if he worked it like I've suggested

I can set it that no NPCs will spawn until you select yours by simply having the NPCs require a flag that only gets applied once you summon yours.

There already is quite a bit of event spam when you have the mods activated so this could avoid it. 

This would also clear up the game rules to just a decision you can ignore until you're ready for the content.

Edited by TriggerBlade
5 hours ago, MagnaSonic3000 said:

The issue is the servants were already spread out in the old incarnation of the mod, so I don't think an intrigue choice would work if he worked it like I've suggested. Chances are, if you don't make a choice, all the servants will have been taken by the AI, leaving you without one. By prompting the player at game start, you can force the game to let you have at least one before the AI has at them. I feel like leaving it a choice that activates the servants at a later date is a bit too gamey, especially since the servants are normally already active by that point.

By using the Intrigue decision you can determine when the event fires and how it fires. The only thing different between what you said and the solution I presented is that your method happens without player input. @TriggerBlade can even set the event to fire only when the player wants it to and having it run an auction. It all depends upon what he wants.

1 hour ago, TriggerBlade said:

I mean Tamamo and Nero are already implemented as soulforges so I could just go Fate/Extra CCC since art for Gilgamesh was already made. I'd just need to figure out how DZ made those images to make one for Archer and bam. 2 waifus and 2 husbandos to start off with.

I can easily just put the command "set_global_flag = MagnaSonic3000'sWifeSummoned" and it will prevent anyone else from summoning her by having-

"NOT = {
            has_global_flag = MagnaSonic3000'sWifeSummoned"

I know some things lol

I can set it that no NPCs will spawn until you select yours by simply having the NPCs require a flag that only gets applied once you summon yours.

There already is quite a bit of event spam when you have the mods activated so this could avoid it. 

This would also clear up the game rules to just a decision you can ignore until you're ready for the content.

That's pretty much what I suggested for you to do. :)