Jump to content
IGNORED

[mod] DZM Expanded


Recommended Posts

DZM Expanded


DZM Expanded

 

!Announcement!

 

 

I have decided that I am going to rebuild the mod from the ground up. I mean no offense to DroZzhat but his code has been a nightmare to work with. Almost everything in the mod is linked to some degree. Adding content is easily done as it stands on itself with minimal sharing of things like traits. However every time I have attempted to change existing content(This includes fixing certain bugs) something breaks down and it usually requires me to roll back and abandon the attempt or have up to 3 other people help me with what essentially boiled down to guesswork in how to actually get the change to not have the mod suffer a cascade failure. I've decided to cut my losses.

 

So what's for the future?

 

To be perfectly transparent my interest in the original DroZzhat Mod was entirely centered on soulforges. I never really had interest in the guilds, the siege events, or capital expansion and only really finetuned it and fixed their bugs because other users enjoyed the content. Unfortunately I will NOT be carrying this content into the new mod.

 

The new mod will essentially be what both DroZzhat and I said DZM and DZME wouldn't become and that is a Fate but for Crusader Kings 2 mod. It will have its own spin on things and will NOT be a copy paste of the nasuverse. Especially because I'm keeping the Nintendo and other franchise content.

 

Something that DZM and DZME have had a hard time with is compatibility with some other heavy mods. The new mod will be built in a manner that simply adds content, not alter. While it will stand on its own, it will be built to hook into Dark World and Luxuria Fantasia as well as their associated mods with the only compatibility issues being what comes with those mods should you have them installed.

 

Now for those who enjoyed the guilds and holding expansions. What's gonna happen for you? Well I'm completely abandoning it. Maybe something like it will be in the new mod but it will be in support of the soulforging not something that functions along side it as how it works currently.

 

Now that sounds sad but good news is that I have spoken to DroZzhat and here's his exact words.

"I really have no intention of returning to CK2 at this point, so I have no problem with people taking stuff from the mod and running with it. I would just ask that they credit me and at least vaguely mention what it is they took from the mod, whether it be the artifacts, or the guilds, or whatever random bit of code.

I don't need anyone to ask permission, but I would also like to be contacted with a link or whatever to whatever uses stuff from the mod."

 

Now then for my content? I will be taking the vast majority of soulforged stuff with me. The only files I actually added to instead of creating a new one was the religion file and the original traits file. So if it's labeled as DZ, do whatever you want with it. If it's labeled as DZE I'm still using that. If you're unsure, just message me.

 

:Current Content:

-Expanded Holding Options
Tribal and Feudal, and some Republic, holdings can build all sorts of game play enhancing content. You can have access to Court Assassins, Thieves Guilds, Mercenary and Fighter's Guilds. Create hidden tunnels and your own mystical workshop to tap into the arcane. Build a private library to improve your mind. Build a workshop to improve your tech level!

 

-Soul Forging.

Find relics of old and from other worlds to create and/or summon heroes to serve you in whichever way you see fit.(A lot of video game and anime characters) The rulers around you will also make use of this and summon grand generals and advisers.

 

-Magical Mastery

Find or steal mysterious spells to become a master of the mystical arts. Raise a spirit army, drain life force from your enemies, courtiers, or random wildlife. Regenerate from fatal wounds. Enhance yourself! Be it your mind, strength or beauty!

 

For a more in depth explanation of content please check out the Original Description.



What's the difference?

 

DZM Expanded started out to expand primarily just Soulforging. My initial attempt at working with the mod lead to a lot of difficult situations. I fleshed out the soulforges to an extent and did make improvements to the mod however after many frustrating attempts I have chosen to start fresh.

 

A lot of DroZzhat's content was hidden such as traits and certain events. I completed many of these traits' localization and implementation and even added a player soulforge with the aid of another community member.

 

However the primary difference between the original mod and this one is some streamlining and a whole lot of NPCs wandering around.

 

:To Do:

 

Complete rewrite of the mod.


:Compatibility:



-Supported:

Luxuria Fantasia: Races introduced in this mod will have their DZ traits switched with ones from this mod.

I have disabled sexual interactions with the child and "legal" loli and shota characters. Both because the mod lacks the art for it and that kind of thing is discouraged in Lovers Lab's rules. It's very easy to patch out yourself if this is  a problem for you.

 

Ala's Body Mod: Fully supported.

Elemental Love: Elven and elf like characters will have their DZ traits switched with ones from this mod.

 

Orc Horde: Orc characters will have their DZ traits switched with ones from this mod.

 

The House of O: Some characters will have traits from this mod.

 

Tentacled Dreams: The vast majority of characters will be immune to tentacle content but a handful of them will be supported and some will even feature scenes and add content

 

Tale of Nine Tails: Kitsune characters will have their traits replaced with the ones ToNT uses and they will be given the appropriate number of tails.

 

House Irae: Dark Elf characters will have their DZ traits switched with ones from this mod.

 

-Incompatible:

 

Overhaul Mods: This is waaaay out of my skill range. If you want to help make patches or something I welcome the aid.

 

Dark World: Not a hard incompatibility but most of my compatibility efforts were for Lux and its submods. The new mod will come out with compatibility for both Lux and DW out of the box.


Q&A


Q: Will you make DZM Expanded compatible with X/Y/Z?

A: I am working on an entirely new rework of the mod. So no. The new version will however be a lot more compatible by default.

Q: Will you be adding content to nomads?

A: No. Neither DZ nor I play Nomads. The new mod may or may not have content for nomads.

 

Q: Will you be adding content to Republics.

A: The current build will stay as is. The new mod will support Republics.

 

=Thanks=

 

DZ for handing over mod ownership and general advice on modding.

 

Kekvit for showing me the basics.

 

Cheri for teaching me more advanced modding.

Blorb for fixing Republic related mechanics and providing localization for Zero and the Intoners.

 

helixyos for fixed in regards to character longevity.

 

Basically everyone reading this for being patient with my slow ass updates.


 

Link to comment

Thanks for carrying the torch.

 

Also started to play with original DZM code a little, but not to the point of actually continuing the work.


 

Spoiler

 

So far I tried(and mostly failed misserebly) to add homunkulus creation with a chance to fail (enhance your dinasty with superrior artificial succesors, or fail and either get some random inbred bastard of a monster that attacks you, or a cute little l*li/midget like Ilya from original fate series).

 

Trait assignment is a real pain, *sigh*

 

Also, familiar creation/summon (Midna/Etna/orther imp-like creatures) would probably be a nice touch if you ever planing to go there.

 

 

Link to comment
18 hours ago, MagnaSonic3000 said:

Well for ToNT I think Tamamo and Amaterasu are basically begging for it. The mod by itself already has Inari after all. 

 

I meant that this mod will have support. Tamamo will get the tale feature and a version of Inari will be summonable in future releases.

 

17 hours ago, MagnaSonic3000 said:

Although is the servant system true to form? If I bop their master does the servant poof away?

Not yet but I do have plans for this down the line.
 

2 hours ago, swordofstriker said:

So is this file a replacement for the original or do we install along with the original?

This is completely stand alone. I essentially have ownership of the mod now.
 

 

16 hours ago, Rance47 said:

Thanks for carrying the torch.

 

Also started to play with original DZM code a little, but not to the point of actually continuing the work.


 

  Hide contents

 

So far I tried(and mostly failed misserebly) to add homunkulus creation with a chance to fail (enhance your dinasty with superrior artificial succesors, or fail and either get some random inbred bastard of a monster that attacks you, or a cute little l*li/midget like Ilya from original fate series).

 

Trait assignment is a real pain, *sigh*

 

Also, familiar creation/summon (Midna/Etna/orther imp-like creatures) would probably be a nice touch if you ever planing to go there.

 

 


All summons are basically homunkulai. It's not a one for one recreation of the Fate series. In DZ's original concept they're all kind of undead clones. While I'm not sticking to that specifically, there is no Throne of Heroes or anything like that. All soulforges will be the first time they are summoned and for the time being I have no plans for a holy grail war.

Illya is planned to be a summon herself or a time traveler. I haven't decided. Though I may look into making non-fate character creation where you just get kids with perfect traits. Though that would have a small success rate and require a lot of mana crystals. Sieg may be the first attempt at a boy and Illya the first attempt at a girl.

Regarding familiars, I'm not going THAT far away from Fate. Midna is planned and Etna is already in the mod for players. I just have to hook her up to the actual soulforge process. Which just requires me to write localization. I'm studying DZ's writing to ensure it will be consistent.

Link to comment
10 hours ago, Red Lolo said:

BTW the Napoleon global flag is not written correctly, causing it to spam the character everywhere and making the game unplayable 

image.png.1415cb4bcbeb067884b53d5f86ed1ac5.png 

repair manually by editing I guess? or else gonna spawn tons of napoleon, several traits also have not have synchronize name causing it to not appear. some characters like artoria does not have the portrait while inside GFX there is her picture, I can repair this manually but because the portrait doesn't have clear name it's becoming tiresome to manually search each one, recommend to properly name the portrait trait.

Link to comment
12 hours ago, Red Lolo said:

BTW the Napoleon global flag is not written correctly, causing it to spam the character everywhere and making the game unplayable 

image.png.1415cb4bcbeb067884b53d5f86ed1ac5.png 

Fixed it. I'll have a general bug fix out soon. 

18 hours ago, MagnaSonic3000 said:

I don't know if you'd actually want to, but since some of the buildings unlock weird things like the wizard's tower had Harry Potter characters of all things, maybe something like meeting Hakuno from Fate/Extra could be a thing. Just spit balling.

I'll consider it. Not sure how you could meet Hakuno without him being a soulforge or involve time travel.

1 hour ago, liviantus said:

renowned_beauty and conqueror both typos and causing trait gfx to not appear.

They don't have GFX. I'm not sure why they popped up for you. I'll probably just grab something to have it out of the way.

 

1 hour ago, liviantus said:

repair manually by editing I guess? or else gonna spawn tons of napoleon, several traits also have not have synchronize name causing it to not appear. some characters like artoria does not have the portrait while inside GFX there is her picture, I can repair this manually but because the portrait doesn't have clear name it's becoming tiresome to manually search each one, recommend to properly name the portrait trait.

Renaming each trait to have their intended character will definitely break the mod for updates since I'm not 100% set on who I will be adding to the game, thus not being able to name each ahead of time. I want to make this as update friendly as humanly possible. Though I will add names after the trait like "#Artoria" just for identification when going through the files.

If you can tell me which characters have messed up portraits then I can get to fixing them faster.

Link to comment
7 hours ago, Bah! said:

Just to report a few issues, It seems there's the flag issue with the mod, also the portraits don't seem to be assigned correctly

Same. And it seems and it seems that problem with flags is somehow tied to goverment type. Tribals, Nomads and Itaq are mosly fine while titles under Imperial, Feudal and Republic goverments randomly change to something else.

P.s.

The problem remains even after all other mods are disabled, so its not an issue of conflict.

Link to comment
1 hour ago, TriggerBlade said:

Renaming each trait to have their intended character will definitely break the mod for updates since I'm not 100% set on who I will be adding to the game, thus not being able to name each ahead of time. I want to make this as update friendly as humanly possible. Though I will add names after the trait like "#Artoria" just for identification when going through the files.

If you can tell me which characters have messed up portraits then I can get to fixing them faster.

in DZM interface dz_traits you have typo on trait renowned beauty and conqueror, the correct line is 

 

spriteType = {
        name = "GFX_trait_dz_renowned_beauty"<<< this originally written as dz_renownedbeauty
        texturefile = "gfx/traits/dz_renowned_beauty.dds"<<< this originally written as dz_renownedbeauty
        noOfFrames = 1
        norefcount = yes
        effectFile = "gfx/FX/buttonstate.lua"
    }    

spriteType = {
        name = "GFX_trait_dz_renowned_conqueror"<<< this originally written as dz_renownedconqueror
        texturefile = "gfx/traits/dz_renowned_conqueror.dds"<<< this originally written as dz_renownedconqueror
        noOfFrames = 1
        norefcount = yes
        effectFile = "gfx/FX/buttonstate.lua"
    }

 

there is also missing trait_gfx for emblem like this for example there is no gfx for crest of cichol

vszlMe.jpg

 

I'll make a note for missing portrait soulforge char

Link to comment

in first thank you for taking the releve (I love this mod).
I have a problem with another mod ,Middle earth .... in earth (https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1791458727)(very good mod ).

With the race module of DWF the numenoreans are like hight humans and in bonus i have dwarves. 
When I try to play drozz mod the Numenoreans bloodline goes into a spin and they all have the blood of the Numenoreans as well as being half-elves.
If it is a big problem sorry to have disturbed if not how could I solve this problem.

image.png.17d08049f78ecb8817f3d7f8ad7061cd.png

Link to comment

The flag issue can be fixed by deleting k_dze_deathmountain.txt in DZM\common\landed_titles. The reason why it breaks the flags is that it doesent have a flagfile in the DZM\gfx\flags directory. You can also fix it by copying one of the .tga files and renaming it to k_dze_deathmountain.tga. If you do this you dont need to delete k_dze_deathmountain.txt file.

Link to comment
25 minutes ago, omout said:

The flag issue can be fixed by deleting k_dze_deathmountain.txt in DZM\common\landed_titles. The reason why it breaks the flags is that it doesent have a flagfile in the DZM\gfx\flags directory. You can also fix it by copying one of the .tga files and renaming it to k_dze_deathmountain.tga. If you do this you dont need to delete k_dze_deathmountain.txt file.

Deleting works. Renaming - not.

Thanks. ☺️

Link to comment
7 hours ago, helixyos said:

in first thank you for taking the releve (I love this mod).
I have a problem with another mod ,Middle earth .... in earth (https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1791458727)(very good mod ).

With the race module of DWF the numenoreans are like hight humans and in bonus i have dwarves. 
When I try to play drozz mod the Numenoreans bloodline goes into a spin and they all have the blood of the Numenoreans as well as being half-elves.
If it is a big problem sorry to have disturbed if not how could I solve this problem.

image.png.17d08049f78ecb8817f3d7f8ad7061cd.png

I... have no idea how I can help you with this nor do I know how it is connected to this mod.

7 hours ago, omout said:

The flag issue can be fixed by deleting k_dze_deathmountain.txt in DZM\common\landed_titles. The reason why it breaks the flags is that it doesent have a flagfile in the DZM\gfx\flags directory. You can also fix it by copying one of the .tga files and renaming it to k_dze_deathmountain.tga. If you do this you dont need to delete k_dze_deathmountain.txt file.

Holy crap I thought I fixed that ages ago. Thank you for the heads up, I'll make a quick patch.


@liviantus 

 

I fixed the conqueror and beauty in the most recent fix. I'll get to work on the Fire Emblem ones and have them out with the Death Mountain flag.

Just a general thank you for those helping me find these things. I don't know why I didn't noticed them.

Link to comment
7 hours ago, TriggerBlade said:

I fixed the conqueror and beauty in the most recent fix. I'll get to work on the Fire Emblem ones and have them out with the Death Mountain flag.

Just a general thank you for those helping me find these things. I don't know why I didn't noticed them.

all good boss Imma fellow modder myself working on Cipher courtier expansion so I know a bit about coding and stuff.

I'll let you know if I find somethingelse. 

Link to comment
2 hours ago, Blue_Stopsign said:

Just wondering whether I need to remove the old DZM file, and download this one instead, or download this one as something separate.

since this mod gonna have fresh new content it is recommended for you to download new stuff and delete the old one.

Link to comment

I have a suggestion though, I myself is a fan of Fate series can we make servant marriageable? you know sort of game rules or something or decision or maybe quest?

in the vn there is also " way" to supply mana for them like ehem "do that" with them, while they are summoned lore-wise you could create homunculus for them acting as real body and have real functional organs just like normal human complete with magic circuit although the last seems to be impossible without meeting proper char in the lore or probably winning holy grail war.

 

could add some flavor to the mod and maybe personal quest for interesting servant, maybe? 

Link to comment
56 minutes ago, liviantus said:

I have a suggestion though, I myself is a fan of Fate series can we make servant marriageable? you know sort of game rules or something or decision or maybe quest?

in the vn there is also " way" to supply mana for them like ehem "do that" with them, while they are summoned lore-wise you could create homunculus for them acting as real body and have real functional organs just like normal human complete with magic circuit although the last seems to be impossible without meeting proper char in the lore or probably winning holy grail war.

 

could add some flavor to the mod and maybe personal quest for interesting servant, maybe? 

Honestly I do really like Fate myself, and am okay with them being marriageable through maybe an event chain. Maybe something to get them the holy grail to make them human again, sort of like what happened to Gilgamesh?

 

Also, keep up the good work! You stepped into a hell of a project it seems!

Link to comment
4 hours ago, liviantus said:

I have a suggestion though, I myself is a fan of Fate series can we make servant marriageable? you know sort of game rules or something or decision or maybe quest?

in the vn there is also " way" to supply mana for them like ehem "do that" with them, while they are summoned lore-wise you could create homunculus for them acting as real body and have real functional organs just like normal human complete with magic circuit although the last seems to be impossible without meeting proper char in the lore or probably winning holy grail war.

 

could add some flavor to the mod and maybe personal quest for interesting servant, maybe? 

They're already marriageable. I do plan on adding a "visual novel like" storyline to each player summoned character once I get them all in game. Nero already has some events written out. It will be multi-stage with a "bad", "neutral", and "good" endings.

Spoilers:
Bad = leaving your court or dying, neutral = friendship, good = marriage or lover.

Neutral endings mostly happen if you're married for most soulforges. Jeanne and Artoria aren't homewreckers.

I might add a game rule that can kill off your current spouse from disease and add another event where your character is consoled and it leads to love. Though I do not guarantee this. It's outside my skill range and will have to wait until I know enough to make it worth trying so I don't end up breaking the mod.

3 hours ago, Bah! said:

Honestly I do really like Fate myself, and am okay with them being marriageable through maybe an event chain. Maybe something to get them the holy grail to make them human again, sort of like what happened to Gilgamesh?

 

Also, keep up the good work! You stepped into a hell of a project it seems!

DZ already had plans on events to make them mortal again. Though just like him, it's last on my to do list.

There are "mortal summons" where they are not clones and are just temporarily summoned from their time/dimension and return on "death." This will be for Fire Emblem characters mostly as they will follow the rules for Fire Emblem heroes since I'm making Fate characters follow Fate rules.

15 minutes ago, Selvs said:

How do you deal with the dungeon: Outlaws scrying result?

I... don't know. I'll ask DZ. I'm not as experienced with things outside of Soulforges.

Link to comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...