[mod] DZM Expanded

12 hours ago, TriggerBlade said:

They're already marriageable. I do plan on adding a "visual novel like" storyline to each player summoned character once I get them all in game. Nero already has some events written out. It will be multi-stage with a "bad", "neutral", and "good" endings.

Spoilers:
Bad = leaving your court or dying, neutral = friendship, good = marriage or lover.

Neutral endings mostly happen if you're married for most soulforges. Jeanne and Artoria aren't homewreckers.

I might add a game rule that can kill off your current spouse from disease and add another event where your character is consoled and it leads to love. Though I do not guarantee this. It's outside my skill range and will have to wait until I know enough to make it worth trying so I don't end up breaking the mod.

DZ already had plans on events to make them mortal again. Though just like him, it's last on my to do list.

yes they can marry but unable to produce heirs due -10000% fertility the number is so big.

from what I see Napoleon steamrolled the karling in 1st start date bookmark karling now end up as dukes and he now emperor of HRE he marry another servant and sadly no heir haha.... napoleon has tons of claims he could made roman empire whole again.

there is easy solution without changing the base coding, is to make another trait to counter infertility, for example homunculus trait it is attainable through event chain it add 10000 fertility and nothing else or maybe little health? your servant gonna be fighting a lot and probably will command lots of battle, this special trait depend on what event chain though winning holy grail supposedly can give them normal human body instead of being homunculus, making homunculus for fate meaning you need to find kiritsugu or Aoko or and her sister, or simply you need to find Einzbern manuscript to make detailed functional Homunculus that in par of that of human. doing holy grail stuff or even try to win that gonna include tons of fighting I'm not sure if your servant can fight all other servant without them randomly dying, maimed, missing limbs and stuff, in vanilla game there is 20% chance that better duelist won but suffer injury, 10% chance that less powerful combatant can force draw outcome resulting both fighter die in the process and there is 5% chance that weaker duelist can kill better duelist, and seeing from how many you add in the mods I personally think it won't be possible to win grail war using one servant without him or her maimed in the process or worse dying.

7 hours ago, Rance47 said:

Another buggery to be found.

Mod spawned supernatural characters(btw did Artoria and others being spawned at the start of a game is a bug or am a feature?) use Portraits from other mods.

In my case it's Dewgurus's Heroes mods.

this because they using same portrait name in naming their portrait trait.

in this mod developer used portrait1, portrait2..... same as dewguru original mod using same exact name causing one overlap with others and overwrite the gfx files from what mod folder the trait gonna be taken.

this mod spawn all servant in the beginning of the game and disperse them randomly under random landed character court beside player court, as player you need to pursue necromancy event chain to allow you using soulforge spell making crystal from hunting or simply sacrifice other char to do so and later use life crystal to summon them after you randomly got each servant respective unique artifact in your possession (this is very long and very costly event chain with huge resources cost) 

8 hours ago, liviantus said:

in this mod developer used portrait1, portrait2..... same as dewguru original mod using same exact name causing one overlap with others and overwrite the gfx files from what mod folder the trait gonna be taken.

I thought so too at first. Thing is, he is probably kept the same namings as the original DZM mod, and that one did not have the same problem with the same mod. So yeah, I would rather bet on some broken referance being the main problem here.

Last resort if no one finds the solution, would probably be manually replacing updated files with those from older version one by one untill we find which one of the fuckers causes the bug that makes my Artoria Pendrgagon have the (oh the horror ?) unshaved mug of Peter Parker.

10 hours ago, liviantus said:

yes they can marry but unable to produce heirs due -10000% fertility the number is so big.

from what I see Napoleon steamrolled the karling in 1st start date bookmark karling now end up as dukes and he now emperor of HRE he marry another servant and sadly no heir haha.... napoleon has tons of claims he could made roman empire whole again.

there is easy solution without changing the base coding, is to make another trait to counter infertility, for example homunculus trait it is attainable through event chain it add 10000 fertility and nothing else or maybe little health? your servant gonna be fighting a lot and probably will command lots of battle, this special trait depend on what event chain though winning holy grail supposedly can give them normal human body instead of being homunculus, making homunculus for fate meaning you need to find kiritsugu or Aoko or and her sister, or simply you need to find Einzbern manuscript to make detailed functional Homunculus that in par of that of human. doing holy grail stuff or even try to win that gonna include tons of fighting I'm not sure if your servant can fight all other servant without them randomly dying, maimed, missing limbs and stuff, in vanilla game there is 20% chance that better duelist won but suffer injury, 10% chance that less powerful combatant can force draw outcome resulting both fighter die in the process and there is 5% chance that weaker duelist can kill better duelist, and seeing from how many you add in the mods I personally think it won't be possible to win grail war using one servant without him or her maimed in the process or worse dying.

Love your suggestion but most of it is already planned :D

There will be a way to turn servants "mortal" allowing them to age and have kids. There may also be a way just to let them have kids and be immortal if enough people want that.

I plan on implementing a system that has servants regenerate from all disfigurements and illnesses.

Though as stated I don't really have plans for a grail war. It's not a 1 for 1 copy of Fate and I don't intend it to be.

10 hours ago, liviantus said:

this mod spawn all servant in the beginning of the game and disperse them randomly under random landed character court beside player court, as player you need to pursue necromancy event chain to allow you using soulforge spell making crystal from hunting or simply sacrifice other char to do so and later use life crystal to summon them after you randomly got each servant respective unique artifact in your possession (this is very long and very costly event chain with huge resources cost) 

I plan on making it less of a hassle. If it was just the player I'd keep it as is but since I'm adding necromancers to the world I will make it easier to summon your own soulforges.

1 hour ago, Rance47 said:

I thought so too at first. Thing is, he is probably kept the same namings as the original DZM mod, and that one did not have the same problem with the same mod. So yeah, I would rather bet on some broken referance being the main problem here.

Last resort if no one finds the solution, would probably be manually replacing updated files with those from older version one by one untill we find which one of the fuckers causes the bug that makes my Artoria Pendrgagon have the (oh the horror ?) unshaved mug of Peter Parker.

I'll fix this in the next bug fix release.

4 hours ago, TriggerBlade said:

Love your suggestion but most of it is already planned :D

There will be a way to turn servants "mortal" allowing them to age and have kids. There may also be a way just to let them have kids and be immortal if enough people want that.

I plan on implementing a system that has servants regenerate from all disfigurements and illnesses.

Though as stated I don't really have plans for a grail war. It's not a 1 for 1 copy of Fate and I don't intend it to be.

ohh great I hate the idea to fight whole world for my waifu, beside I also like other servant to kill them seems like bad idea.

13 hours ago, Rance47 said:
  Hide contents

image.png.e0739139b64ccdb74b7197f65ec8f4b5.png

Also, why do all dzm added characters are considered as siblings? Wont there be a big stink from them for no reason after your ruller kills just a few due to family moddifires?

I can only wonder why maybe for checking character pictures and traits to make easy to find them, but still the problem remain with conflicting picture trait names some picture are being replaced by another picture.

Btw I found incorrect coding, Elizabeth Bathory spawned as male while she has Female picture and Helena Blavatsky does not have tentacle protection unlike the rest of servant now she's a breeding slave and could potentially causing game to lag or even spawn endless tentacle kids

Hi! CK2 neophyte here. I'm a bit confused as to what all this mod does. DroZzhat's description lists a bunch of things like traits and holding improvements, but the main thing I've noticed is that I'm pretty much drowning in Fate characters. (Just searching by top diplomacy scores, it looks like there are at least 40 of them in my latest game.)

I like the idea of being able to summon occasional "servants" for my cause, but the way things are now, I can just invite them to court from the massive pool of ancient heroes already in the world. Is this working as intended, or is this a bug? (You would think there would be some incentive for them to stay with whatever liege summoned them, rather than joining up with anyone who asks.)

If this is a "feature," rather than a bug, are there any plans to give the player the option of tuning the frequency a bit?

On 10/25/2019 at 10:18 AM, Rance47 said:

Nope. The conflict is still there, sadly. ?

Hide contents

image.png.e0739139b64ccdb74b7197f65ec8f4b5.png

Also, why do all dzm added characters are considered as siblings? Wont there be a big stink from them for no reason after your ruller kills just a few due to family moddifires?

That... has to be a conflict of some sort. Most don't have any parents assigned to them, the only ones being actual siblings or duplicates like the Beach and Halloween variants.

11 hours ago, liviantus said:

I can only wonder why maybe for checking character pictures and traits to make easy to find them, but still the problem remain with conflicting picture trait names some picture are being replaced by another picture.

Okay so I went into the code and this isn't my mod's fault. All trait files in DZ Expanded have the prefix "dz_" or "dze_" including portrait files. The fact that it's conflicting with Heroes and Villains makes no sense to me. I'll talk to Dew about it and see if we can find what's going on because I can't find any reason behind it unless there's a third mod conflicting.

All I know is that this doesn't happen during my testing and I doubt Dew is using my prefixes.

1 hour ago, liviantus said:

Btw I found incorrect coding, Elizabeth Bathory spawned as male while she has Female picture and Helena Blavatsky does not have tentacle protection unlike the rest of servant now she's a breeding slave and could potentially causing game to lag or even spawn endless tentacle kids

I'll fix the Elizabeth. Helena Blavatsky intentionally doesn't have protection because the real life equivalent was deeply into the occult. Other occult servants will intentionally be susceptible to tentacle indoctrination and if you have one of the sex mods that adds "spend time with" installed some will lead to tentacle sex. An example being Caster from Fate/Zero since that's his gimmick.

17 minutes ago, emes said:

Hi! CK2 neophyte here. I'm a bit confused as to what all this mod does. DroZzhat's description lists a bunch of things like traits and holding improvements, but the main thing I've noticed is that I'm pretty much drowning in Fate characters. (Just searching by top diplomacy scores, it looks like there are at least 40 of them in my latest game.)

I like the idea of being able to summon occasional "servants" for my cause, but the way things are now, I can just invite them to court from the massive pool of ancient heroes already in the world. Is this working as intended, or is this a bug? (You would think there would be some incentive for them to stay with whatever liege summoned them, rather than joining up with anyone who asks.)

If this is a "feature," rather than a bug, are there any plans to give the player the option of tuning the frequency a bit?

A great number of servants being in the world, summoned by other NPCs, is intentional. You're not supposed to be the only one going around doing this. The premise is that mystics, including yourself, are summoning these heroes to expand their realm.

You being able to invite other people's servants is due to you using an outdated version of the mod. Current version is 100% tested to make them incapable of joining your court by invitation and is working as intended on my end.

7 hours ago, TriggerBlade said:

Okay so I went into the code and this isn't my mod's fault. All trait files in DZ Expanded have the prefix "dz_" or "dze_" including portrait files. The fact that it's conflicting with Heroes and Villains makes no sense to me. I'll talk to Dew about it and see if we can find what's going on because I can't find any reason behind it unless there's a third mod conflicting.

Trial by error proved othervise. I litterally disabled all of the other mods aside from his and yours. And there was that same conflicts(All are sis/bros and all have wrong images) ?.

Re-adding dependencies to the DMZ.mod file, along with adding "Heroes and Villains" to their roster didnt help, so, my best bet so far is - your mod somehow made one or two variables it uses global.

Alternatively, some variable from dewgurus's mod somehow became global long ago, and we found out about it only because DZM extended, unlike DZM 0.0.7.2 and about twenty other mods, use it in its code in some capacity. Less likely, but still legitimately can happen.

What is interesting however, is not so random asignment of wrong portraits. For example, Arthur is always "Poison Ivy pic 1" with no alternative because there are no alternatives in "Heroes and Vilains" for Poison Ivy, while some of your mod character that have a "generic race face" assigned to them due to conflict, can swithch to any other "generic race face" pic. But all the same, if they take from specific "pool" of portraits, that won't change it to another no matter how many times you "fresh start".

1 hour ago, Rance47 said:

Trial by error proved othervise.

Question: Are you loading from a saved game or are you starting a new game for each test?

Saved games with a mod order that is different than when you loaded them will result in traits getting borked. This is not a problem with DZE or H&V. This a vanilla issue. The reason for this is because while the game will refresh certain things in its cache when loading saved games with different mods loaded (or the same mod but with new/edited gfx and traits files), traits (and their resulting portraits) are not one of them. This is why modders always suggest you start a new game whenever a new update is made available.

Start a fresh, new game and report back with the results.

9 hours ago, lockeslylcrit said:

Question: Are you loading from a saved game or are you starting a new game for each test?

Yeah, its common sence. Always fresh starting when testing.

Last night I tried to find the bug myself, wasted 4 hours, got really mad, and even went so far as to deleting the entire game compleatly, mods, saves, ect, and then reinstalled everithing anew.

Still, the portrait bug is there unless you disable "Heroes and Villains". ?

Also, for some reason, if console "charinfo 1" to be bellived, author decided to tag every mod character with every group spawn flag(seriously, why?!), excluding Arthur Pendragon. That poor guy dies in first few days after spawn from having a 300 years worth of lifespawn, and no health reinforcing traits to back it up.

Spoiler

image.png.afeb6e0ee070a78567ad77a67b5276b4.png

image.png.7cfb5a493b335f3edf95c30fdc9a77d5.png

8 hours ago, Rance47 said:

Yeah, its common sence. Always fresh starting when testing.

Last night I tried to find the bug myself, wasted 4 hours, got really mad, and even went so far as to deleting the entire game compleatly, mods, saves, ect, and then reinstalled everithing anew.

Still, the portrait bug is there unless you disable "Heroes and Villains". ?

Also, for some reason, if console "charinfo 1" to be bellived, author decided to tag every mod character with every group spawn flag(seriously, why?!), excluding Arthur Pendragon. That poor guy dies in first few days after spawn from having a 300 years worth of lifespawn, and no health reinforcing traits to back it up.

Hide contents

image.png.afeb6e0ee070a78567ad77a67b5276b4.png

image.png.7cfb5a493b335f3edf95c30fdc9a77d5.png

Wait what now? I need to look into this... Those tags aren't supposed to be there... What am I missing because a lot of these issues do not show up during my play testing.

new files have those tags, I suppose arthur should only have npc_arthur tag not all tags, there is also problem with ai since they tend to imprison infidel servant, most of them not dying of battle but executed by their liege, supposedly there is need to rework the mechanics.

soulforge char should be forbiden joining society at least satanic society in each religion, being burned by liege is common cause of death, even morgan le fay or madam blavatsky should not join this because basically AI is dumb they burned 50 martial commander like it was nothing.

in my 60 years playthrough half of servant already died by execution or in jail imprisoned by their liege their number are not growing.

it took like 50 years without console to achieve soulforge grimoire and so far I only find anna's lucky coin as soulforge artifact I dunno about the rest, just a suggestion mods should have track of existing artifact that used in soulforge to make it easier to find or at least track who owns what. VHnWD8.jpg

poor Oda being imprisoned like how many years? physique variable -12 and somebody died natural death....

17 hours ago, liviantus said:

new files have those tags, I suppose arthur should only have npc_arthur tag not all tags, there is also problem with ai since they tend to imprison infidel servant, most of them not dying of battle but executed by their liege, supposedly there is need to rework the mechanics.

soulforge char should be forbiden joining society at least satanic society in each religion, being burned by liege is common cause of death, even morgan le fay or madam blavatsky should not join this because basically AI is dumb they burned 50 martial commander like it was nothing.

in my 60 years playthrough half of servant already died by execution or in jail imprisoned by their liege their number are not growing.

it took like 50 years without console to achieve soulforge grimoire and so far I only find anna's lucky coin as soulforge artifact I dunno about the rest, just a suggestion mods should have track of existing artifact that used in soulforge to make it easier to find or at least track who owns what. VHnWD8.jpg

poor Oda being imprisoned like how many years? physique variable -12 and somebody died natural death....

I'll look into this. The next set of bug fixes should be out soon.

As for the time it takes to find artifacts, yeah it's a bit excessive and I'm going to make things a bit easier.

I can't for the life of me figure out how to obtain artifacts from the city modifiers. Like the Dungeon: Outlaw Hideouts ones. I try to send the fighters guild after building one, but I don't have an option to do so? Do I have to build one IN the county with the modifier? Or am I missing something here? Really wish a few of these mods have an in depth guide on how to do things. Especially for the DMZ mod.

Edit: I tried upgrading the fighters guild to the max level and I still can't send them out to handle this. I'm really confused how to handle this. I tried taking a peek in the mod files themselves, but I can't make sense of the coding what so ever.

Edit2: Hmmm. The Communion decisions for artifacts are not appearing in decisions either. I have Gae Bolg, Zireael, and Save the Queen, yet I am unable to communion with any of these artifacts, and there for I am unable to summon servants.

Edit3: I decided to add some artifacts using the console commands like Excalibur to check and see if it wasn't just the artifacts themselves. The option to communion with it appears for that. I'm guessing then that most of these artifacts are not yet implemented yet? That's a bit of a bummer.

19 hours ago, goldenvixen said:

I can't for the life of me figure out how to obtain artifacts from the city modifiers. Like the Dungeon: Outlaw Hideouts ones. I try to send the fighters guild after building one, but I don't have an option to do so? Do I have to build one IN the county with the modifier? Or am I missing something here? Really wish a few of these mods have an in depth guide on how to do things. Especially for the DMZ mod.

Edit: I tried upgrading the fighters guild to the max level and I still can't send them out to handle this. I'm really confused how to handle this. I tried taking a peek in the mod files themselves, but I can't make sense of the coding what so ever.

Edit2: Hmmm. The Communion decisions for artifacts are not appearing in decisions either. I have Gae Bolg, Zireael, and Save the Queen, yet I am unable to communion with any of these artifacts, and there for I am unable to summon servants.

Edit3: I decided to add some artifacts using the console commands like Excalibur to check and see if it wasn't just the artifacts themselves. The option to communion with it appears for that. I'm guessing then that most of these artifacts are not yet implemented yet? That's a bit of a bummer.

I'll see to making a guide for some things. I myself do not know a lot of the mod since I was only working with 1/5th of the content before I was given the whole thing. So I can't help with the Fighters thing for now. DZ's method of coding isn't commonly used, despite it being very well done, so it can be confusing if you're used to other modders.

As for the communion decisions yeah. The system is already built. All that remains is writing the summoning events and hooking things together. I haven't had time to write up a good summoning. Though 0.0.2 will be released with a new addition. If not I'll at least make the summoning less demanding.

22 hours ago, goldenvixen said:

after messing around with the coding I find that you must be the owner of that province with the modifier, for you to send adventurer at least that's what I see from scripted trigger, it is made just like province debuff for example like in the vanilla when you control silk road trading post there is bandit hunting event, this event only appear if you control province with silk road trading post affected by marauding bandit modifier, event will fire and start chain of event.

in this criteria of fighter guild in the event folder is you should be bad ruler with negative money or bad trait or having very low stewardship stats for this modifier to have high chance to appear, this building only have two event trigger and 2 event chain, one is clearing disturbance another is to improve your fighting skills, giving you trait dz_fighter or improving existing fighter trait.

my suggestion to author is to repurpose this building to make it to something else if you plan to make use of this building and adding new event, all province trigger is in common>scripted effects> dz_fg_effects.

but I cannot find where the dz_fgmission_contact which trigger the event to use fighter contact title.

as for artifact you cannot find them all on your own unless you own very large empire and change your capital often , because they are chained into specific region where your capital is in the map, you can however steal the artifact from AI ruler using mod from steam workshop called artifact acquisition if you have diplomatic range or using vanilla method is to raid and pillage the owner capital holding.

as for communion some of them still not having any event tied to them.