IGNORED

Things I miss from previous Sims games

I skipped The Sims 3, but here are a few things I really miss from TS1 and TS2:

A functioning pool table.

The magic buffet table.

Robot housekeeper.

When going from build mode to live mode, my sims walking around noticing and checking out the new stuff I bought for them. This was amazing. Now, my sims don't even seem to give a shit.

Such simple and basic things - I can't imagine why they would remove them from the game. ?

These are the main ones I can think of, might add more later.

28 minutes ago, Ashenthorn said:

I skipped The Sims 3, but here are a few things I really miss from TS1 and TS2:

A functioning pool table.

The magic buffet table.

Robot housekeeper.

When going from build mode to live mode, my sims walking around noticing and checking out the new stuff I bought for them. This was amazing. Now, my sims don't even seem to give a shit.

Such simple and basic things - I can't imagine why they would remove them from the game. ?

These are the main ones I can think of, might add more later.

I skipped 3 as well, had very fond memories of 1 and 2. I still want the Sims 1 buy/build mode music in Sims 4 buy/build mode, sure its in Retro but can't even play it on residential lots.

I also miss Pool tables, Werewolves, Zombies, Alchemy station with its fun mishaps, Snowboarding/Snow items. I forgot about the new stuff check out from Sims 1 and the buffet table too. I sorta miss the sheer number of lots you could have in Sims 2, while I love the worlds in Sims 4, some of them are just to damn small and I tend to run out of space to put things. I am still waiting for Robots to be re-added too. I also liked Sims 1's vacation places, I don't recall them 100% but it was a single map with the up north part being mountains and snow, middle was rustic and forested. Hell I even miss the robbery event, vampires sneaking in just isn't the same.

Also remember that weird... creature thing that would occasionally show at night in Sims 1. I vaguely remember it, but I just remember a Sim awake at night and they walked outside and began cheering at it, was creepy as hell.

7 hours ago, Ashenthorn said:

(...)

(...)

I completely forgot they did that! Now I'm gonna miss that, too as I love the idea of being kind of god to those not-real virtual beings...

6 hours ago, Neodarkside said:

(...)Hell I even miss the robbery event, vampires sneaking in just isn't the same.

Also remember that weird... creature thing that would occasionally show at night in Sims 1. I vaguely remember it, but I just remember a Sim awake at night and they walked outside and began cheering at it, was creepy as hell.

I miss robbery as well. And firemen! I think they would be just amazing for whicked whims and they are gone...

I don't remember this creature you are mentioning and now I need to explore the whole internet to find out what was it.

Bigger Towns (even if not using open worlds with cars which I also really miss from TS3)

Be able to give gifts like TS2
Juice Blender (Juicer with recipes)

(More fruit trees to use with above juice recipes, we don't even have an Orange Tree WTF)
Billiards Table

More Arcade Games

Adding Teen Hangouts 
Spiral Staircases (I hate the way regular stairs block the view and waste space)

Real Diving Boards
Pool Slides

(Swimming Pools are now related to 'athletic' skill and not 'swimming' or 'fun').

(Funny considering 90% of the game generated sims are fat, but I guess were supposed to make them fit from swimming)

Hot Tubs that sims actually use (they don't have a high enough fun rating as the sims would rather watch TV or play video games).

Bunk Beds (don't know if other sims had this but it sure would be nice for the small starter homes)

Most of these objects aren't hard to create, but it's the new animations that would be needed to use them.

Corporate EA is too greedy to invest the time/money to make simmers happy so they won't let the Devs work on those.

Sorry I get 'ranty' about the Sims 4 could have been so much better.

If it wasn't for the mods/author's  I'd have quit long ago.   

Hot tubs are annoying in Sims 4, nobody wants to use them. If you tell sims to get in, they stay in for a few minutes then leave to go do other things. I remember in Sims 2, they were to attractive and I had to shoo them away from it.

I went down the list of NPCs in Sims 1, I totally forgot about Miss Crumplebottom. I loved and hated her, 2 sims get cozy and kiss and she beats one with her purse. She's caused havoc on dates. I also forgot about the dancer cake for parties, the bunny suit wearing Bunny or Chip the male Chipendale dancer, forgot about Drew Carey from throwing parties, alot of the oddities from Sims 1. I cannot however find the creature, I am curious if it was a mod then because I find no reference to it. I just remember playing the game and at the edge of the lot this odd thing appeared at night, all I remember is it was dancing at the edge of the lot and a Sim who was awake walked outside and began watching it and cheering.

Ah yes... lot sizes is probly the biggest disappointment. In TS2, being able to import Sim City 4 maps.

On 10/17/2019 at 11:23 PM, Neodarkside said:

I also liked Sims 1's vacation places, I don't recall them 100% but it was a single map with the up north part being mountains and snow, middle was rustic and forested.

In Sims 2 vacation Bon Voyage you could go on vacation and even buy/build vacation homes on the vacation lots. There were several different locations - beach, jungle, mountains, etc. The mountain one had axe throwing and log rolling activities.

22 hours ago, XyZdCV2 said:

I don't remember this creature you are mentioning and now I need to explore the whole internet to find out what was it.

In Sims 2 there was Bigfoot.

Sims 2 Hot tubs:

hottub.png.3f54abf1e0e00efa1b200ab774f6b778.png

hottub2.png.8f87b1622eaa5ae4098207999ea3d499.png

A couple years ago, I got the Sims 2 Super collection on my Mac - it doesn't include ALL the XPs, but definitely WAY worth the 30 bucks I paid for it:

The Sims™ 2: Super Collection delivers all of the award winning content from the original plus the addition of 6 expansion packs, and 3 “stuff” packs never before packaged together.

• University

• Nightlife

• Open for Business

• Pets

• Seasons

• Bon Voyage

• Family Fun Stuff

• Glamour Life Stuff

• Happy Holiday Stuff

PS: I also REALLY miss the floating head when you click on stuff. In TS4, I can't tell how many times in a family, I've clicked and done stuff with the wrong family member.

One of the things that I miss in TS4 is burglary too...

There was something about the excitement of hearing the “danger” music before the alarm system went off to summon the police officer NPC. I keep hoping that they will be patched back into the game, but I just don’t think that Maxis will.

While it’s more cosmetic than gameplay-wise, but I would like to see the carpool comeback. Personally, I’d like to see a car, taxi, or school bus take my sims to their destination instead of just disappearing at the sidewalk.

Finally, I would love to see the world size increased too. Right now there’s not enough room in most worlds to build everything I would like to.

On 10/19/2019 at 1:41 AM, Scorpio said:

Bigger Towns (even if not using open worlds with cars which I also really miss from TS3)

Be able to give gifts like TS2
Juice Blender (Juicer with recipes)

(More fruit trees to use with above juice recipes, we don't even have an Orange Tree WTF)
Billiards Table

More Arcade Games

Adding Teen Hangouts 
Spiral Staircases (I hate the way regular stairs block the view and waste space)

Real Diving Boards
Pool Slides

(Swimming Pools are now related to 'athletic' skill and not 'swimming' or 'fun').

(Funny considering 90% of the game generated sims are fat, but I guess were supposed to make them fit from swimming)

Hot Tubs that sims actually use (they don't have a high enough fun rating as the sims would rather watch TV or play video games).

Bunk Beds (don't know if other sims had this but it sure would be nice for the small starter homes)

Most of these objects aren't hard to create, but it's the new animations that would be needed to use them.

Corporate EA is too greedy to invest the time/money to make simmers happy so they won't let the Devs work on those.

Sorry I get 'ranty' about the Sims 4 could have been so much better.

If it wasn't for the mods/author's  I'd have quit long ago.   

For a while there was a mod that gave you the juice blender, along with orange trees and various other plants and juices you could make, but the creator hasn't updated for a while, so it doesn't work anymore. The creator also brought back a lot of old foods as well, again, not updated lately. There was also another to give you bunk beds, I THINK there was spiral stairs and pool slides (I don't remember where I saw them).

2 hours ago, FireIdar said:

For a while there was a mod that gave you the juice blender, along with orange trees and various other plants and juices you could make, but the creator hasn't updated for a while, so it doesn't work anymore. The creator also brought back a lot of old foods as well, again, not updated lately. There was also another to give you bunk beds, I THINK there was spiral stairs and pool slides (I don't remember where I saw them).

Yes I've seen the fruit tree/juicer mod but noticed the same thing about problems and not being updated.

I think those spiral stairs and pool slides were just static items like decor without animations to actually use them.

Bunk beds were functional but I thing it had some routing bugs. 

Giving the Sims 4 a try for the first time after playing the Sims 3 for years, and I think the biggest thing I miss right now is the ability to color outfits, furniture, etc whatever color I want. So frustrating finding a style I like only to find the color I want to make it isn't available.

The neighborhood system doesn't bother me as much as I thought it would surprisingly, but I really wish they'd been a little bit more ambitious with it and put at least 7-8 lots in each one, or let us place our own lots (do 64x64 lot plots even exist?) within a given area. Newcrest is a nice compromise, but it still feels restrictive. Same goes for the household limits.

I'd say something about how few traits are available for my sims, but I think that's more because I've only bought a fraction of the packs. I also kind of miss a direct immortality option (not vampire or temporary) akin to the Age Freeze Potion that does't require a mod or script.

Even though it MAY show up in the University pack next month, I miss being able to share a home with NPCs and charge them for rent. In the Sims 3 (I believe) you could kick out the roommates if they did nothing but break things and leave dishes everywhere.

Also, I miss the world editor. In fact, I'd like it if they can give us a blank world ala Sims 2 and let us create our own neighborhoods.