Pose Converter - 0.89.i (10/30/2014)

BTW Movomo, thanks for picking up the Setbody Reloaded torch.  Let me know if there is anything I should add to the front page (or, if you want it, I can probably ask Greg to set you to the thread owner).  That would probably make more sense since Setbody Reloaded is very low on the list of projects that I am likely to work on soon.

For now, just adding the beta version of mine as an experimental version should be enough.

I'm on hold at updating it.. until blockhead itself is updated so I can change the head assets. If not, there will be no (or very few anyway) update, that's one of the reasons I was hesitating to create a new thread.

• 3 weeks later...

Gerra since you seem to be back and want to continue on scripting i was wondering if it was possible for you if i supply you with an advanced rig:

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/17191-how-and-where-do-you-add-animations-in-sexout/page-4?do=findComment&comment=490666

To create a script that will generate a rig based on this one and then make it so it can be used for both Fallout games or oblivion ??

If this is possible then it would save me from fully do this for both games since it really time consuming. And if build of scripts will speed this up. Then it would save allot of time from converting this for different games.

Not sure if you can so that is why i am asking before jumping on this for converting too oblivion.

Or if you want something even better checkout squashwell organic rig:

http://blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?279052-BEPUik-Full-Body-Inverse-Kinematics

This guy/girl seem to be genius when it comes to blender scripting and animations.

It's hard to say. It depends a bit on what 'To create a script that will generate a rig based on this one and then make it so it can be used for both Fallout games or oblivion ?' means.

Are you asking me if I could write a script to automatically modify an armature? Sure. I would need to know exactly what sorts of modifications need to be done to the armature, but once I know the manual steps I should be able to replicate them.

Or are you asking me for a script that would bake animations generated with your rig onto Oblivion and Fallout armatures? For that, I'd need to know more about how animations based on kinematics are converted into exported animations that can be used in Oblivion or Fallout.

What do the keyframes on the exported animation look like? Is the interpolation somehow preserved, or is it baked into keyframes first?

My existing code library can convert keyframes from the bones of one armature to another (essentially it compensates for inherited and innate differences in bone position and orientation). This works reasonably well so long as the bones serve similar purposes in both armatures and rather poorly when they do not. In the case of Oblivion and Fallout conversions, most main bones convert cleanly, but hands are a horror.

• 3 weeks later...

For the rot settings

x-axis: modifies up/down sway

y-axis: modifies left/right spin

z-axis: modifies left/right sway

So, for what you're talking about, you could do z-axis rot to get a simple left/right swing, or a combination of z and y axis rot for a more complex movement.

I really need to make better presets

Not yet, if it was for new Vegas then yes, it only uses 1 stage. i still have to build 2 other stages before i can complete the cycle for oblivion, Right now previous post was stage 1 and the above your post was suppose to be stage 2 now i still need to create stage 3 and final stage to complete orgasm cycle, then it will be finished.

This was just a test to get me back into animating for oblivion, right now i have more experience with new Vegas that i had forgotten how to effectively animate with oblivion skeleton.

I still have a long way to go.

• 2 weeks later...

First a BIG THX to gerra6 for the tool.. it's making life a lot easier ;)

But I have a question about the oblivion to skyrim conversion: when I apply the skyrim pose the arms of the original mesh are bent a little more inwards than the converted one. Is there a way to fix that or am I doing something wrong?

Send me the Blend file and I'll take a look.

The Oblivion/Skyrim transforms were auto-generated from the skeleton bone positions.  It sounds like the pose could use a bit of manual tweaking.  I'll see what I can do.

• 2 weeks later...

i got a few fallout animations done and i got a few oblivion done. Now my slight experience is it will convert the animation but does not convert the pelvis bone correctly from oblivion to fallout so you have to manually change the x-as to 0 from pelvis area. to make the spine and pelvis facing the same direct coordinates. or else you will get mesh deformations since the pelvis is bend to much to the side during the conversion.

is there anything i can do to speed this process up ?? Not sure if it is caused by the rig have not tried converting animation who where created normally without a rig applied to it.

Probably.

If you get the chance, send me a list of the manual changes that you have to make and I'll see if I can automate them.

The basic assumption of the animation conversion sub-tool was that bones with similar purposes would have similar alignments and locations. When that is't the case, things get ugly.

Maybe this can help you.

blend file

D_ManXX2_ConvertOff.7z

This was a oblivion animation witch i manually converted to fallout. Not sure why but i could not get any where close to that when i used the script it was making too many error's in pelvis and spine area.

Manually i only had edit the spine. and fixed that part then deleted all of spine area in the action editor,and readjusted it in blender now it looks even better then the oblivion counterpart.

I'm not sure if I'm following.

Are you using Pose Converter and asking me to make a modification to the way it processes animations? Or are you not using Pose Converter and asking for a different, but related, tool that automates some element of your process?

Anyways, I was never terribly happy with the way the experimental tool handled animation conversions between different armatures. I'm happy to incorporate any suggestions into a future release of the tool. However, since I'm primarily a tool developer and have very limited animation experience, I'll probably need more information about what you are asking for.

no i was only pointing out the problems when using the scripts of pose converter what errors occurs during the conversion of oblivion to fallout.

Right now it keeps the feet and some other parts correctly while bugging out when the pelvis and spine are involved. That is the only part that needs more attention. other then that the pose converter works correctly.

Got it.

I'll see if there are any manual adjustments I can make to the back-end for Oblivion to Fallout conversions.

The tool is designed to derive the correct adjustments automatically, but it might be possible to hard-code some of the adjustments.

One thing that would definitely help that process would be if you could send me a blend file from immediately before your manual adjustments and one from right after your manual adjustments.

I could then extract those manual adjustments and automatically apply them to the Oblvion to Fallout and Fallout to Oblivion conversions.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I've developed a stand-alone version of the Oblivion-Fallout-Skyrim mesh pose converter

To assist in the conversion between Skyrim-Fallout-Oblivion nifs, I've coded an experimental tool that will automatically convert the pose from one game to another.

This eliminates the need to run my Blender Pose Converter tool. And, frankly, this tool does a better job and is easier to use than my Blender tool.

Convert Pose

Features:

1. Convert a Skyrim Rigged nif to either Fallout or Oblivion rest pose

2. Convert a Fallout Rigged nif to either Skyrim or Oblivion rest pose

3. Convert an Oblivion Rigged nif to either Skyrim or Fallout rest pose

Using Convert Pose:

1. Run Convert Pose.bat

2. Click File -> Target Options -> and select either the File(s) or the folder that you want to process

3. Click Game -> and select the game that you want to convert from and to. Example: Game->Oblivion To->Skyrim.

4. Click OK

The tool will automatically convert the mesh pose to be compatible with the selected game. This version of the tool is compatible with the vanilla Skyrim, Fallout, and Oblivion skeletons.

Note, this tool only modified the pose, not the rigging or file type. You'll still need to update the rigging to match the new game (Mesh Rigger can do this for you), and modify the material/texture blocks

Download:Convert_Pose b_02.7z

• 1 month later...

I've developed a stand-alone version of the Oblivion-Fallout-Skyrim mesh pose converter

To assist in the conversion between Skyrim-Fallout-Oblivion nifs, I've coded an experimental tool that will automatically convert the pose from one game to another.

This eliminates the need to run my Blender Pose Converter tool. And, frankly, this tool does a better job and is easier to use than my Blender tool.

Convert Pose

Features:

1. Convert a Skyrim Rigged nif to either Fallout or Oblivion rest pose

2. Convert a Fallout Rigged nif to either Skyrim or Oblivion rest pose

3. Convert an Oblivion Rigged nif to either Skyrim or Fallout rest pose

Using Convert Pose:

1. Run Convert Pose.bat

2. Click File -> Target Options -> and select either the File(s) or the folder that you want to process

3. Click Game -> and select the game that you want to convert from and to. Example: Game->Oblivion To->Skyrim.

4. Click OK

The tool will automatically convert the mesh pose to be compatible with the selected game. This version of the tool is compatible with the vanilla Skyrim, Fallout, and Oblivion skeletons.

Note, this tool only modified the pose, not the rigging or file type. You'll still need to update the rigging to match the new game (Mesh Rigger can do this for you), and modify the material/texture blocks

Download:attachicon.gifConvert_Pose b_02.7z

This updates the pose in the .nif file under, but for some reason in blender nothing changes when you import the .nif file  :-/

FantabulousDress02.nif

Yeah. That was because I used a quick and dirty approach to pose conversion. It worked, but since it moved the bones instead of the vertices, any process that ignored bone displacements (like the Blender import) tended to discard the pose conversion.

Here's an update that uses my new framework to accurately re-position the vertices themselves instead of the bones. It's a slower method than the other approach, but should be much more reliable and robust.

Convert Pose v.0.88.b

Download:

Portable Package 0.88.b (All In One):  Convert_Pose b_0_88_b.7z

• 3 weeks later...

This just converts poses or does it assist with animations as well? Not that converting poses is a "just", it is a quantum leap to be able to automatically convert from Skyrim to Fallout. There are a bunch of idle anims I would love to use with my Fallout character.

The stand-alone Convert Pose tool only converts the pose of a given mesh.

The Blender Pose Converter *technically* can convert any animation from one armature to another. It detects differences in bone position and orientation between equivalent bones and uses that to convert animations designed for one animation to another. It was an experimental feature that works...kind of OK. For some bones it generates a more or less perfect conversion, for others it leads to hideous monstrosities (hands and fingers are the worst offenders).