Defeat Patches (Oldrim)

What does the waxen patch do?

Given it's just a script, I'm guessing it can work for Defeat SE as well (especially since it's just a straight port).

But without knowing what the patch does, I can't tell if it'll make my game better or worse. In general Defeat works without any major issues for me. But I did notice some quirks and I do disable certain features.

19 hours ago, Tiress said:

This is changelog supplied with defeatfixed030918 by Themis:

Reveal hidden contents

(2.06.2018) Implemented and debugged a system for caching characters. Implemented, but not yet debugged caching and running animations. Added DD devices. AFT is fastened to the menu. When a character dies, acceptable aggressors are sought by the quest, and not by busting the current cell.
(3.06.2018) Intercepting the death of GG now works immediately.
(6.06.2018) A menu of various actions with related ones did not fit into the screen.
(9.06.2018) Critical update. Replaced the script from another version of the mod. It led to an illogical and uncontrollable fuck after waiting or moving.
(10.06.2018) Included a victim creature in the NPC-NPC.
(15.06.2018) Under a rare combination of circumstances, a NPC appeared that cannot be knocked down (until it is cleared in one of three ways).
(16.06.2018) Fixed a false start if gg is lying and the aggressors are fighting.
(21.06.2018) The mod did not work without DDI at least disabled.
(11.07.2018) If the dialogue of surrender led to sex with a follower, then sex did not start.
(14.07.2018) Witnesses will no longer respond to sex lab scenes launched by other mods.

List of fixed bugs

(4.08.2018) Fixed a bug when searching for aggressors during manual surrender.

==== defeatactionscr.psc ====
Lines 554, 682, 750, 843. A check for the existence of a marked follower was skipped. Missing copy to labeled follower into the Aggressor variable.
Manifestation: The menu item Rape with the player does not work.

Line 1382. The list of animations is composed for 2 players, and a sex-scene is created for 3 players.
Manifestation: The defeat animation settings do not work.

Line 1385. The additional aggressor should be placed in second place, in accordance with the rules of gender sorting of sex labs.
Manifestation: The player becomes the congressor, and the satellite becomes the second victim.

Line 1457. By depriving a victim of bleeding immunity, we kill her before playing the kill animation.
Manifestation: The kill animation does not play.

Line 1503. This is the command to kill oneself, not the victim.
Manifestation: The Kill menu item causes the player to kill the victim and himself.

Line 1520. You need to raise the victim to his feet (IdleForceDefaultState) and allow it to move.
Manifestation: After selecting the menu item Bring to life, the NPC can run in place or move in an unnatural position with the inability to attack.

Line 1543. A double call to the function that creates the thread race.

==== defeatconfig.psc ====
All calls to the Perpetrator and StateDuration variables occur in a race state.
Manifestation: The duration of the effects does not match the settings in the menu.

Line 349. It is also necessary to refuse to receive events (UnregisterForAllModEvents).
Line 577 CrimeFactionSons Not Initialized
Line 654. Resetting the state is necessary only when it is impossible to continue the defeat scene: the player survived while playing the sex lab animation. Missed call to PlayerScr.Restore ()
Manifestation: You cannot save while the GG under the influence of the mod.

Line 1460. A blank line check is skipped that appears if the race has no animations. It is not taken into account that several racial keys can correspond to one race.
Manifestation: The scenes with the victim player and the NPC-NPC hang.

Line 1158. The wrong fraction.
Manifestation: Aggressive NPCs in a state of injury are hit nonstop.

Line 1553: Missed gender check on victim.
Result: When the sex of the creature is turned off in SexLab, the gender settings for the NPC are not checked.

Line 1558. Trash Code
Line 3044. If the tag list is empty, the TagsRequireAll flag must be raised.

Line 3155. There must be a call to SexLab.GetAnimationsByTags

Line 3130. There should be a call to SexLab.GetCreatureAnimationsByRaceTags

Line 3133. At this point, the found animations should be filtered by the number of creatures and by gender tags.

==== defeatmcmscr.psc ====
Saving creature races in json is not implemented.

Lines 887, 1241 These lines must be selected so as not to forget to delete.
Manifestation: When saving and loading settings, the color of the resistance scale is lost.

Line 1320 The variables HKOption, HKModifier, HKAction, HKSurrender, NVNKDType must be synchronized with doubles or get rid of takes.
Manifestation: After importing the settings, you have to reassign all the hot keys.

Lines 4244, 4253, 4274. There must be a call to SetToggleOptionValue

==== defeatnvnassaultspl.psc, DefeatStateMonitoringEFFscr.psc ====
Scripting is violated by the engine error "no native object bound to the script object, or object is of incorrect type". The scripts contained many of their own mistakes and were completely rewritten. Finding the corrected errors now is difficult.
Manifestation: The scene freezes. The effects are not removed.

i dont understand this. especially there is the talk of " when the charactter dies" . we are talking about defeat, no ?

Guest AthenaESIV

On 10/4/2019 at 10:30 PM, jfraser said:

I Don't Know What The Patches Mods Do. I Just Know People Seem To Need Endorse Them And They Are Difficult To Find In The Defeat Support Thread

This pretty much sums up how I mod Skyrim many times, lol

Wow this is a dumpster fire.  Thanks for starting this to bring things together because it's really hard to search the thread for these files.

Found 4 different versions:

defeatfixed030918 (8.7mb)

Defeat v535 Fixed 030918 Bane Version 2 (6,637kb)

Defeat v535 Fixed 030918 (+Bane fixes v2) (+ restored all rest eng strings 24.09.2018) (12mb)

this 'Defeat_Second_patch' (6,644kb)

They all seem to have different file sizes.  What's your second patch?

There's also a defeatfixed fastupdate.zip patch (587kb)

Btw, how do i fix the missing mcm strings? I already tried copy pasting the english translation and just replace ENGLISH with GERMAN but that didnt help

EDIT: Nevermind, got it translated using a tool.

What does Temptation to yield do? how does it work?

On 10/3/2019 at 2:10 AM, Nymra said:

I used a fixed version of DEFEAT (Defeat v535 Fixed 030918 (+Bane fixes v2) (+ restored all rest eng strings 24.09.2018) (1)
but it seems to fix nothing (only merging Defeat DD mod into it) but causes alot of issues (..., stops working entirely after some time, ...)

I got the same problem with this patch and the "fixed" release - no dialogue starts, no animations either on defeat or surrender. All (N)PCs just stand there for about half a minute and then return to hostile again. Strange thing, the "fixed" release worked fine till around june and then stopped working from one day to another. The logs don't help, no conflicts according to  MO².

Defeat doesn't work at all for me anymore. Upon pressing the surrender key my char slips into this animation as if she's standing up from sitting on the ground, my follower goes ignoring all hostiles and standing there doing nothing and even, losing most of my health my char doesn't go into bleedout or autosurrender.

EDIT: uninstalling both patches and then disabling and re-enabling Defeat in MCM had it working again.

ah damn.... so this fixes nothing, too? :(

At least not that Defeat starts to just kill itself sooner or later?

The "Second Patch" overwrites "Waxen Patch" completly it seems, it is flagged as "obsolete" now in MO2 overwrite. You sure I should not let Waxens one overwrite the second one?

Aaagh :)

Guest AthenaESIV

I wonder if the problems people are having with these patches come from other mods they are using which were built around the original version, and possibly even modified script files for?

Regardless, thanks Jfraser for this post reorganizing all these patches, hopefully it draws some attention and leads to a new comprehensive patch that fixes long standing issues people have. Luckily Defeat has usually worked pretty flawlessly for me, but it would be cool to see such a cornerstone mod get a new updated patch.

12 hours ago, AthenaESIV said:

I wonder if the problems people are having with these patches come from other mods they are using which were built around the original version, and possibly even modified script files for?

Possible, but in a more indirect way I guess. MO² does not report script conflict for either version, but maybe some script Defeat hooks into was changed by some other mod underneath.

Ok.... 
I installed this and... I can only strongly advise against using the "second patch". first, its not a patch but a complete new version of Defeat. And like the one i tested (banes fixes bla bla) it seems to be broken or break sooner or later.

It also has a problem when changing hotkeys. 

In MCM > Debug > Quick fix menu the "0" is set as hotkey and cannot ever be changed (it always changes itself back).

I also had problems with submitting to creatures with that version. 

Does anybody else have issues? At least from the posts here it seems like it :( 

EDIT:

yeah.... surrender not working also on second patch (via hotkey). Anybody else?
I will now just try vanilla 5.3.5 with only waxens patch. 

A little sneak peak for a version I'm trying to get my hands on. :)  Again, from Themis:

Spoiler

(03.10.2018) the dialogue did not start when surrendering.
(8.11.2018) Now the switch “NPCs do not get up during the scene” works exactly as intended.
(November 9, 2018) In the non-Russian version, the Russian text was found.
(10.11.2018) Events did not start after the attack.
(11/17/2018) The number of approaches for surrender has been reduced. Added Bane correction for resistance scale.
(11.29.2018) In animations with two same-sex people, the flag “Require all tags” was incorrectly corrected.
(12.02.2019) The mod independently clears the busy busy semaphore.
(06/16/2019) Now you can knock down a creature in the absence of animations with a victim creature, but if there are animations with an aggressor creature and a flag in the animation settings.
(24.06.2019) When knocking down a PC, aggressors will be better off. After the robbery, they now teleport to a random point. Error: do not knock down until health reaches zero.
(06/30/2019) Bug fixed on 24/24/2019.

On 10/18/2019 at 6:47 PM, Tiress said:

A little sneak peak for a version I'm trying to get my hands on. :)  Again, from Themis:

Reveal hidden contents

(03.10.2018) the dialogue did not start when surrendering.
(8.11.2018) Now the switch “NPCs do not get up during the scene” works exactly as intended.
(November 9, 2018) In the non-Russian version, the Russian text was found.
(10.11.2018) Events did not start after the attack.
(11/17/2018) The number of approaches for surrender has been reduced. Added Bane correction for resistance scale.
(11.29.2018) In animations with two same-sex people, the flag “Require all tags” was incorrectly corrected.
(12.02.2019) The mod independently clears the busy busy semaphore.
(06/16/2019) Now you can knock down a creature in the absence of animations with a victim creature, but if there are animations with an aggressor creature and a flag in the animation settings.
(24.06.2019) When knocking down a PC, aggressors will be better off. After the robbery, they now teleport to a random point. Error: do not knock down until health reaches zero.
(06/30/2019) Bug fixed on 24/24/2019.

Hopefully you're able to get it and share it. That would be awesome!

On 10/19/2019 at 10:11 PM, AlexTheFun said:

so i saw your picure for sexlab defeat mcm on A but i dont have the defeat on blDA bleedout mcm why ? i install those 2 patch 

The second patch download is currently broken if you read this thread. Don't use it. Tiress's last post says he's working on seeing if he can get a more updated version. A lot of mods are hard to get a hold of when the authors leave the scene entirely, especially when they post their mods on places other than popular English sites like Nexus and LL.