Defeat Patches (Oldrim)

3 hours ago, monsta88 said:

My biggest problem by far with Defeat is that it can't keep my character alive. She dies more often than not instead of being Defeated. I tried to work around this with Death Alternative, but I'd rather just use 1 mod for this.

I use Mark or Arkay or you can use any other essential to not be killed on bleedout

So if dealt with a killing blow i got a failsafe and i deactivate the bleedout in defeat mod

11 hours ago, monsta88 said:

I didn't read the whole thread, sorry if this was mentioned before.

My biggest problem by far with Defeat is that it can't keep my character alive. She dies more often than not instead of being Defeated. I tried to work around this with Death Alternative, but I'd rather just use 1 mod for this.

Is there a fix for this?

Thanks,

M

I find DAYMOL is really bad :(

Try this mod. 
Turn on "Essential Death" in MCM.

I play this with all automatic surrender from Defeat turned off. But they should/could still work with it. 
I usually trigger Defeat manually only via Surrender Hotkey for alot of reasons (brings up other problems it seems... still investiagting ^^)

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/16311/

12 hours ago, Nymra said:

I find DAYMOL is really bad :(

Try this mod. 
Turn on "Essential Death" in MCM.

I play this with all automatic surrender from Defeat turned off. But they should/could still work with it. 
I usually trigger Defeat manually only via Surrender Hotkey for alot of reasons (brings up other problems it seems... still investiagting ^^)

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/16311/

Thanks for the tip, but what I'd like to see work is Defeat's own solution for this.

In the "Player as Victim" menu, there is an option: "Essential - on bleedout". This is what fails to keep me alive and I simply don't understand why. Literally all the other combat rape mods able to do it (Naked Dungeons, SL Adventires, Cursed Loot, Death Alternative, etc), except Defeat, which is sad, because it has by far the best outcome features. That's why I try to use the DAYMOYL, since it enables the events of Defeat.

The description of this Essential on bleedout warns me that it won't work if the aggressor is not valid, but in my game everything should be valid. Why can't it work similar like the essential NPC's bleedout? In case of death by lost hitpoints and if there is no valid aggressor (which would be very rare) then the main character goes to kneeling and stands up after a while. If there is valid aggressor, then Defeat's events trigger as usual.

Currently, instead of the above the character simply dies more often than not when the HP goes 0, despite having the Essential on bleedout option activated AND the attacker being a bandit (valid aggressor).

I wish someone would take one of those other mods' death detection/prevention and build it into Defeat.

3 hours ago, monsta88 said:

Thanks for the tip, but what I'd like to see work is Defeat's own solution for this.

In the "Player as Victim" menu, there is an option: "Essential - on bleedout". This is what fails to keep me alive and I simply don't understand why. Literally all the other combat rape mods able to do it (Naked Dungeons, SL Adventires, Cursed Loot, Death Alternative, etc), except Defeat, which is sad, because it has by far the best outcome features. That's why I try to use the DAYMOYL, since it enables the events of Defeat.

The description of this Essential on bleedout warns me that it won't work if the aggressor is not valid, but in my game everything should be valid. Why can't it work similar like the essential NPC's bleedout? In case of death by lost hitpoints and if there is no valid aggressor (which would be very rare) then the main character goes to kneeling and stands up after a while. If there is valid aggressor, then Defeat's events trigger as usual.

Currently, instead of the above the character simply dies more often than not when the HP goes 0, despite having the Essential on bleedout option activated AND the attacker being a bandit (valid aggressor).

I wish someone would take one of those other mods' death detection/prevention and build it into Defeat.

You have got Essential on Bleedout as the only defeat option ticked for the player?

There is a warning that on player settings that using Essential AND (wound AND/OR stamina AND/OR stun) might not work too well

On 12/25/2019 at 5:14 PM, feiw said:

Removed the ignoring gender combinations on victim bleeding.

Use that gender checkboxes on 'Player aggressor'.

I have the gender checks set to Male assault Female, Male Creature assault Female, Female assault Nothing, and Female creature isn't available for me.

10 hours ago, krimsonxg said:

I have the gender checks set to Male assault Female, Male Creature assault Female, Female assault Nothing, and Female creature isn't available for me.

Did you enable Creature Races? They are all OFF on default, so Defeat will not start creature defeat ever without enabling them all in MCM  

33 minutes ago, Nymra said:

Did you enable Creature Races? They are all OFF on default, so Defeat will not start creature defeat ever without enabling them all in MCM  

Yes creatures are enabled. Female creatures probably isn't there because of the creature framework making all animal races male, but the non available female creatures isn't the issue I was have lol

The small issue I am experiencing is that my female follower is attempting to assault downed npcs by either me or herself when all female aggression checks are disabled. 

6 hours ago, feiw said:

krimsonxg she really rape or only come?

defeatconfig.pex size:255614 CD:25.12.2019 CRC32:2F53E2A8

She hasn't actually triggered an animation scene yet. I get the notification that she is attempting an assault on an npc in the top left then she runs towards the npc a little bit but usually the targeted npc is dead already or is in the middle of a death animation.

I recently cleaned and reinstalled to see if that helped and I haven't seen it happen so far.

On 12/26/2019 at 6:44 PM, feiw said:

monsta88 there is an option "Can be knocked down by everyone". There is a page "Debug"

ScreenShot112.JPG.28b7f1cf2acac75fcbc1482d2e793a8b.JPG <<Some valid bandit.

This version does not miss aggressors. The problem is in your settings.

I did try Defeat again. I used the Themis full version. I tried in an ongoing game (unistalled the old one, removed, cleaned save, installed the new one) and I tried it in a completely new one too.

I had the settings like this:

Victim settings

- Can be knocked down by anyone - Checked

- Essential - On bleedout - Checked

- Wound - Not checked

- Exhaustion and Stun - Checked

- The player can resist - Not checked (greyed out)

- Knock down scenario - Original (both at NPC and Creature)

The results:

Ongoing game, lvl 40 character - My character died versus bandits.

New game - My character died versus Rieklings and Crabs (I don't know if crabs are valid or not, but Rieklings definitely are)

I checked the Debug MCM, and despite having the Essential - on bleedout checked, my character was NOT Essential. So I checked it in the Debug menu. Now my character did not die, just went to the kneeling bleedout animation, but then she stood up after like 1-2 seconds. No rape event triggered. Since this led nowhere, I unchecked the Essential in the Debug menu again.

After that, I met some Wolves and a Husky (valid enemies). They knocked down my character multiple times, but she just went to the bleedout anim again, and stood up after 1-2 seconds. So now it seemed like the "Essential - on bleedout" works, however no rape event triggered again.

I had a Follower with me, but Defeat completely ignored the Knockdown scenario setting. The Original setting should mean that if the main character is knocked down, the follower is automatically knocked down too.

I guess I just give up on Defeat.

Update: I tested the Stun section.

Stun - Checked

Chance on Hit - 100%

Knock Out Chance - 50%

Unblocked only - Checked

After these settings I was standing in the middle of a fight (once versus undead, once versus bandits) while multiple enemies hitting me. No event triggered.

The only event which was triggered was from the Temptation to yield menu. I don't like that menu, because I want to disable it completely and it is not possible, I also don't understand which Divider number is good here if I don't want anything to happen, 1 or 100?

Anyway, I'm guessing that the follower is causing most of the problems, but I don't feel like testing that theory. :)

6 hours ago, monsta88 said:

I did try Defeat again. I used the Themis full version. I tried in an ongoing game (unistalled the old one, removed, cleaned save, installed the new one) and I tried it in a completely new one too.

I had the settings like this:

Victim settings

- Can be knocked down by anyone - Checked

- Essential - On bleedout - Checked

- Wound - Not checked

- Exhaustion and Stun - Checked

- The player can resist - Not checked (greyed out)

- Knock down scenario - Original (both at NPC and Creature)

The results:

Ongoing game, lvl 40 character - My character died versus bandits.

New game - My character died versus Rieklings and Crabs (I don't know if crabs are valid or not, but Rieklings definitely are)

I checked the Debug MCM, and despite having the Essential - on bleedout checked, my character was NOT Essential. So I checked it in the Debug menu. Now my character did not die, just went to the kneeling bleedout animation, but then she stood up after like 1-2 seconds. No rape event triggered. Since this led nowhere, I unchecked the Essential in the Debug menu again.

After that, I met some Wolves and a Husky (valid enemies). They knocked down my character multiple times, but she just went to the bleedout anim again, and stood up after 1-2 seconds. So now it seemed like the "Essential - on bleedout" works, however no rape event triggered again.

I had a Follower with me, but Defeat completely ignored the Knockdown scenario setting. The Original setting should mean that if the main character is knocked down, the follower is automatically knocked down too.

I guess I just give up on Defeat.

Update: I tested the Stun section.

Stun - Checked

Chance on Hit - 100%

Knock Out Chance - 50%

Unblocked only - Checked

After these settings I was standing in the middle of a fight (once versus undead, once versus bandits) while multiple enemies hitting me. No event triggered.

The only event which was triggered was from the Temptation to yield menu. I don't like that menu, because I want to disable it completely and it is not possible, I also don't understand which Divider number is good here if I don't want anything to happen, 1 or 100?

Anyway, I'm guessing that the follower is causing most of the problems, but I don't feel like testing that theory. :)

I was experiencing this too and I had found out that all my creature races were disabled for applicable defeat triggers.

Go into the Defeat MCM and click on "List of Disabled Races" in the general settings and in that list should be all the creatures and races. Just click on "Enable All", close the MCM, save and reload.

8 hours ago, krimsonxg said:

I was experiencing this too and I had found out that all my creature races were disabled for applicable defeat triggers.

Go into the Defeat MCM and click on "List of Disabled Races" in the general settings and in that list should be all the creatures and races. Just click on "Enable All", close the MCM, save and reload.

I checked the MCM, and indeed, the list was empty. I enabled everything, but nothing happened, my character just went to bleedout and stood up at once.

Then I remembered that I should reload the game. Now I'm back to square one, the enemies simply kill my character instead of knocking her down.

I enabled Essential in the Debug menu, this made my character go to bleedout instead of dying, but no event triggered. Neither versus bandits, nor creatures.

4 hours ago, monsta88 said:

I checked the MCM, and indeed, the list was empty. I enabled everything, but nothing happened, my character just went to bleedout and stood up at once.

Then I remembered that I should reload the game. Now I'm back to square one, the enemies simply kill my character instead of knocking her down.

I enabled Essential in the Debug menu, this made my character go to bleedout instead of dying, but no event triggered. Neither versus bandits, nor creatures.

sorry, maybe just a stupid and unnecessary comment by me, but do you have any other mods that have a defeat feature active or that modify the essential status of the player?

Did you try to surrender to enemies via defeat? before beeing defeated? Or while you are in bleedout? 

EDIT:
On a sidenote, I never had a good experience with bleedout function of mods like Daymol, where alot of strange things happened and nothing ever worked fine. 
With defeat that sometimes happened outdoors when I had low FPS in my older setups. 

I suggest to try defeat indoors with as few NPC as possible (Redorans Retreat for example). 

11 minutes ago, Nymra said:

sorry, maybe just a stupid and unnecessary comment by me, but do you have any other mods that have a defeat feature active or that modify the essential status of the player?

Did you try to surrender to enemies via defeat? before beeing defeated? Or while you are in bleedout? 

EDIT:
On a sidenote, I never had a good experience with bleedout function of mods like Daymol, where alot of strange things happened and nothing ever worked fine. 
With defeat that sometimes happened outdoors when I had low FPS in my older setups. 

I suggest to try defeat indoors with as little NPC as possible (Redorans Retreat for example). 

I have Naked Dungeons with similar functionality, but during my testing I switched it off.

I did not try to Surrender. In my games I set a very hard difficulty level (OBIS, Run DB Run 3x, Deadly Dragons, SOT NPC Relevel, Naked Dungeons, Deviously Cursed Chests, etc). But then I try everything in my power to win the fights. But if I can't win (and with all those mods, I definitely have a hard time, especially at low level), I want some consequences, instead of just reloading. So no, I never Surrender.

I have a quite decent PC, i9-9900K, 32GB RAM, GTX 1080Ti. I have to artificially decrease the FPS to 60 and I don't really see scriptlag. One of the games I tried the new Defeat with is a 230+ mod one and it runs w/o any crashes. The other, the new game is also stable. I really mean no offense, but I won't try Defeat again until I read somewhere that the Essential part is fixed. IMHO a mod has to work everywhere, not just indoors. For example, now I switched off Defeat (Disabled it in the MCM) and activated the Naked Dungeons' similar function. It worked at once on my first defeat. Unfortunately it has very limited post-defeat events compared to Defeat, but _it works every time_.

4 hours ago, monsta88 said:

In the debug menu, does it show the defeat event as "running"?  In which case it's busy processing a previous event (it thinks!) and can't start a new one.

I had this situation, and wondered why I wasn't getting any Defeat actions properly.  In my case, I also couldn't stop the "running" scene, the debug menu did nothing nor did cleaning or resetting the mod.  I also could not disable it.

Now, on starting a new game (with altered LO, mind you, but defeat at the bottom) I can't enable Defeat (defeatfixed) at all.  It says to exit the menus, but does nothing after that.  I've gone back to the original 5.3.5 with all its faults, and it at least enables & disables itself properly.

13 hours ago, legraf said:

In the debug menu, does it show the defeat event as "running"?  In which case it's busy processing a previous event (it thinks!) and can't start a new one.

I had this situation, and wondered why I wasn't getting any Defeat actions properly.  In my case, I also couldn't stop the "running" scene, the debug menu did nothing nor did cleaning or resetting the mod.  I also could not disable it.

Now, on starting a new game (with altered LO, mind you, but defeat at the bottom) I can't enable Defeat (defeatfixed) at all.  It says to exit the menus, but does nothing after that.  I've gone back to the original 5.3.5 with all its faults, and it at least enables & disables itself properly.

A few things kinda just popped in mind.

Are you even able to use the surrender and trigger a scene? Or does that do the same thing as being knocked down.

Also you said you installed the Full Themis version, was that the one attached to the main download or did you grab the one from the thread?

Cause from what I was understanding was that the version attached to the main download just doesn't work and Tiress uploaded a fixed version here  and markdf uploaded the config patch here.

10 hours ago, krimsonxg said:

Are you even able to use the surrender and trigger a scene? Or does that do the same thing as being knocked down.

Also you said you installed the Full Themis version, was that the one attached to the main download or did you grab the one from the thread?

Cause from what I was understanding was that the version attached to the main download just doesn't work and Tiress uploaded a fixed version here  and markdf uploaded the config patch here.

Thanks for the ideas, krimsonxg.  I'm using the version uploaded by Tiress - although I thought the main download page had been updated with that, perhaps repackaged?  As both Tiress' link and the main download have files modified July 2nd (defeatplayer.pex).  In any event, I used the one from Tiress' link.  I had tried it with markdf's patch, and without.

I admit I'm still fuzzy on what's really the most current version, and if markdf's fix is needed with it!

On 12/30/2019 at 7:59 PM, legraf said:

Thanks for the ideas, krimsonxg.  I'm using the version uploaded by Tiress - although I thought the main download page had been updated with that, perhaps repackaged?  As both Tiress' link and the main download have files modified July 2nd (defeatplayer.pex).  In any event, I used the one from Tiress' link.  I had tried it with markdf's patch, and without.

I admit I'm still fuzzy on what's really the most current version, and if markdf's fix is needed with it!

The most current version is from here -> https://yadi.sk/d/vZ8ANVOlDTw5Gg

FWIW, apart from trying the basic Debug Menu options, after years of playing, I've found it's a good thing, after any particular combat round when the baddies are all dead. to just initiate a general Clean Up, using the Clean Up function on the main page.   I have found that that makes a huge difference going forward in the game, in that most things are reset properly.

Even after that, followers can sometimes still remain a bit unco-operative, eg unresponsive, don't act as they should etc, so it's also it's worth selecting them individually in console and then using the

disable

enable

commands in sequence, and that then, more often than not, also resets the followers back to a clean state for the next encounter

You may feel that that breaks up the game a bit, but it's worth the effort to sort to stop, find any weapons that were stripped from your PC and followers, re-equip everybody, and generally regroup, before moving on to whatever is your next objedctive

Probably most ppl do that anyway, but I've put this here just in case anyone who is struggling to make this work hasn't tried those yet

• 2 weeks later...

Insatiable doesn't seem to be respected in the latest Themis Full Fixed. New game. First encounter, five participants. Insatiable off, 0% chance of another round, 900 seconds satisfied. They raped me 10 times before the scene ended and then I couldn't stand up. Cooldown ended and before I could reconfigure and clean the mod they killed me due to the lengthy satisfied setting. I guess I'll try the unpatched version.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 7/10/2020 at 9:29 AM, simba10 said:

Hey I have the old le Skyrim and I been trying to  find a patch that works I tried all of them. I can only go to the mcm screen I can click installed but not happens defeat never installs. Please help

Same thing happens to me, I installed the original patch and then this patch.  With a new game when I try to activate Defeat through the MCM, Defeat never installs.  I'm wondering, does Defeat need to be already activated through the MCM before installing the original patch and this patch?