Defeat Patches (Oldrim)

2 hours ago, ereese1980 said:

Has anyone else run into the issue where you install the two files, manually copy down and activate the .esp, but when you go into the MCM for Defeat you can't Activate it?  Holding the mouse over it will highlight like it's clickable, but clicking or hitting Enter doesn't do anything.

New game or trying to do this on an old save?

35 minutes ago, jfraser said:

New game or trying to do this on an old save?

Old save.  I thought I'd cleanly removed the old version by using the MCM disable function then removing it through NMM, but I must have messed something up.  Hope it's salvageable though.  Just wondered if anybody'd run into this before and knew a way to save the situation.

7 hours ago, ereese1980 said:

Old save.  I thought I'd cleanly removed the old version by using the MCM disable function then removing it through NMM, but I must have messed something up.  Hope it's salvageable though.  Just wondered if anybody'd run into this before and knew a way to save the situation.

1. Uninstall Defeat completely.

2. Load the save you want to continue with.

2b. Optional - teleport to qasmoke (coc qasmoke in console) and wait 30 ingame days to reset all cells. I leave that as optional because some quests are on a timer so this might have undesirable results.

3. Make a new save and clean that one with Fallrim Tools .

After that you can try to install Defeat again.

I'd go for a new game, but that's just from a personal experience, many players use the cleaning method and their games seem to be just fine.

7 hours ago, shadowclone0 said:

I wish the cleaning method worked for me..   it always destroys any game I try it with..   I guess it takes out more than it should or something

For Defeat I personally only recommend a New Game. I did not have any good experience with anything else. (worst case scenario is defeat MCM beeing blank with no hope of getting it back even with reinstall/clean). 

On 12/1/2019 at 6:51 PM, npd732 said:

Negrophilia is still broken in Themis's latest Defeatfixed patch. Corpses resurrect after sex, but end up moving around sideways. It has been like this in every patch he released after his 3/18 update.

There is some problem with deaths that are caused by weapons or NPCs that have magic effects or similar applied

With the game working at 60FPS, I can kill NPCs captured using Defeat, tied up, bagged and taken elsewhere and 'released' into the standard Defeat 'tied up kneeling' pose.  But on death, they float up into the air.  They end up in some sort of curled up position, on their sides, and still moving.  If such an NPC dies in combat, they move into some sort of standing jive dance.  If I then try to take a video of the latter type after death, using FRAPS set at 30FPS, they gracefully return to earth to stand on their feet as the FRAPS FPS counter reduces from 60 to 30

I also get a similar effect using Home Sweet Home which, when trying to apply HDT chains to an enslaved NPC from Heretical Resources, tries to apply some 'paralysis' effect to the slave first.  When that is done, the NPC becomes unresponsive, and normally does something like what you are seeing, ie they levitate, lie on their side in mid air, and 'moonwalk'.  Any NPC hit by an arrow from a weapon with a paralysis effect applied that does NOT die does the normal thing, ie collapses and gets back up once the effect has worn off.  

For a number of reasons, I was beginning to think that the issue might well be coming from Defeat, and I'm interested that you too seem to think so

A long time ago, I asked Goubo if he could add an 'Enslave' option for paralysed NPCs, and he was good enough to add it to the then next update.  I can't be really sure when I first got these problems, but I am sure that it has been in games that do use  'SxLab Defeat v5.3.5 fixed - Eng 180903 Bane Version Defeat v535 Fixed 030918 (+Bane fixes v2) (+ restored all rest eng strings 24.09.2018)'

@Tiress  As you seem to be Defeat's 'King of The Hill' at the moment, could you by any chance be good enough to have a look and see if there is anything in the past, and now amended versions, that might have inadvertently tweaked the paralysis effects?

I'll put up some videos in a following post, when the site will load them.  Something went wrong this am and I lost my draft post too LOL

2 minutes ago, donkeywho said:

There is some problem with deaths that are caused by weapons or NPCs that have magic effects or similar applied

With the game working at 60FPS, I can kill NPCs captured using Defeat, tied up, bagged and taken elsewhere and 'released' into the standard Defeat 'tied up kneeling' pose.  But on death, they float up into the air.  They end up in some sort of curled up position, on their sides, and still moving.  If such an NPC dies in combat, they move into some sort of standing jive dance.  If I then try to take a video of the latter type after death, using FRAPS set at 30FPS, they gracefully return to earth to stand on their feet as the FRAPS FPS counter reduces from 60 to 30

I also get a similar effect using Home Sweet Home which, when trying to apply HDT chains to an enslaved NPC from Heretical Resources, tries to apply some 'paralysis' effect to the slave first.  When that is done, the NPC becomes unresponsive, and normally does something like what you are seeing, ie they levitate, lie on their side in mid air, and 'moonwalk'.  Any NPC hit by an arrow from a weapon with a paralysis effect applied that does NOT die does the normal thing, ie collapses and gets back up once the effect has worn off.  

For a number of reasons, I was beginning to think that the issue might well be coming from Defeat, and I'm interested that you too seem to think so

A long time ago, I asked Goubo if he could add an 'Enslave' option for paralysed NPCs, and he was good enough to add it to the then next update.  I can't be really sure when I first got these problems, but I am sure that it has been in games that do use  'SxLab Defeat v5.3.5 fixed - Eng 180903 Bane Version Defeat v535 Fixed 030918 (+Bane fixes v2) (+ restored all rest eng strings 24.09.2018)'

@Tiress  As you seem to be Defeat's 'King of The Hill' at the moment, could you by any chance be good enough to have a look and see if there is anything in the past, and now amended versions, that might have inadvertently tweaked the paralysis effects?

I'll put up some videos in a following post, when the site will load them.  Something went wrong this am and I lost my draft post too LOL

Videos as mentioned above  

2 using NPCs in Defeat Release poses

1 with a freshly dead Hag who was using Magic

1 indoors, where attempted to apply HDT chains via HSH/Heretical Resources

27 minutes ago, npd732 said:

Here is a link to Defeatfixed prior to the problem with npcs not dying after negrophilia.  I too have observed npcs acting the way your video shows. I don't know if the integration of devious captures broke something or not.

https://www.loverslab.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=571296 14.39 MB · 256 downloads

tyvm for that

I have a whole heap of 'fixed' versions of Defeat, but none of them have an esp of that date and size!  There's a whole cornucopia out there  LOL

I'll have a look and see if this one makes any difference when I can set up an environment to test it properly

Thanks again

On 12/3/2019 at 12:22 AM, donkeywho said:

The version posted above by @npd732 deals with the paralysis the same way Goubo's Defeat does, it just adds CureDesease to cleanup function and UIExtension menu.

Since then, Themis has edited most of the code so I'm not surprised it behaves differently. Sorry, I'm afraid I won't be able to do anything about this.

2 hours ago, Tiress said:

The version posted above by @npd732 deals with the paralysis the same way Goubo's Defeat does, it just adds CureDesease to cleanup function and UIExtension menu.

Since then, Themis has edited most of the code so I'm not surprised it behaves differently. Sorry, I'm afraid I won't be able to do anything about this.

Thanks for the reply and explanation

Much appreciated

3 little things:

jfraser, in the description you indicate markdf's patch is only for the "first patch" - but on Nov. 26th markdf provided a patch for the new "Themis by way of Tiress" patch.  Shouldn't we use that?

Using the newest Themis patch, (defeatfixed), in DA under OnBleedout Event Settings, Defeat doesn't show up anymore - any idea why?

Fixed this by re-registering events in DA

Finally, new game, using defeatfixed, I get CTD when trying to edit any animation tags.  Does anyone have suggestions where I should begin looking for a cause?  Or can I edit these tags from outside the game, to avoid this CTD?

Oops, ignore that, I had an old ASData.json file in a different folder leftover from previous defeat.

However, I do have one other problem that also occurred with earlier Defeat versions: after editing animation tags, I can no longer "tab" out of the MCM menu.  Tab does nothing, Esc does nothing, and I end up force-quitting Skyrim (after saving the tag changes!) to get out.

Guest AthenaESIV

If I use Defeat alone with no DA which (if any) patch do you guys recommend.

I don't have any problems with Defeat now as is, just wasn't sure if any patches added new features in, or I am just not noticing glitches that bother other people.

On 12/10/2019 at 9:57 PM, AthenaESIV said:

If I use Defeat alone with no DA which (if any) patch do you guys recommend.

I don't have any problems with Defeat now as is, just wasn't sure if any patches added new features in, or I am just not noticing glitches that bother other people.

If you aren't having any problems, I'd just keep playing with what you have.

Themis version isn't really a patch. It fixes some things, sure, but also introduces new features and bugs so it's more of a new version of Defeat. I'd stay away from it unless you want to experiment a bit.

I would recommend the two remaining patches, but why try to fix something that works for you. :)

Guest AthenaESIV
19 minutes ago, Tiress said:

If you aren't having any problems, I'd just keep playing with what you have.

Themis version isn't really a patch. It fixes some things, sure, but also introduces new features and bugs so it's more of a new version of Defeat. I'd stay away from it unless you want to experiment a bit.

I would recommend the two remaining patches, but why try to fix something that works for you. :)

I don't use the bleedout effect, I only use stun, exhaustion and surrender... so maybe all the problems people have relate to the "player essential" aspect of the mod, if so I'm def ok with older version, thanks!

Out of curiosity though, is there a post that lists the new features? Any good ones?

12 hours ago, feiw said:

Corrected today.

============

The right way to make the clean save is provided in 'How to update.html'. A lazy man who didn't manually delete the mod's scripts from a save before removing the mod from the load order has a hopelessly broken save.

What do you mean? You managed to make necro work in Themis' version?

5 hours ago, feiw said:

Fixed today

Each animation is equiprobable. If you have 48 twosomes and 2 threesomes then probability of threesomes is 4%.

Fixed today

Skyrim and SexLab issues. Patch for SexLab 1.61 hotkeys is into zip (sslThreadController.pex ).

sorry for beeing stupid, but where can I get the fix?! :D

I'm having a small issue where my followers (female) attempt to rape everyone knocked down despite having the checks for "women assault:" set to nothing. I also see no option to disable follower rape triggers like in the original defeat and I have all the settings marked for no female assault options but they still seem to trigger.

I didn't read the whole thread, sorry if this was mentioned before.

My biggest problem by far with Defeat is that it can't keep my character alive. She dies more often than not instead of being Defeated. I tried to work around this with Death Alternative, but I'd rather just use 1 mod for this.

Is there a fix for this?

Thanks,

M