IGNORED

What New Games Are You Looking Forward To?

KoolHndLuke

Since I only PC game, my options are generally less and a few years ago I decided to quit waiting on the 1+ year old GOTY versions for cheap, with most bugs squashed, and grab a bunch of the newest titles to run on a new machine.

Because of the rinse-repeat, sequel addicted format most AAA titles offer, it boils down to what game play interests most and which studio is doing it best. At the moment I can't see any interest in anything I've been doing already for the past 10 years as a 'new' release, so am currently trying to find that gaming 'spark' again.

Modding the old tried and true games still entertains me and throwing away , what is it now, $60+ on a buggy game with content to be sold later is becoming harder to do.

I jumped into this discussion mostly to flag myself of possible games to watch and I know I'll read about something I never heard of which will interest me.

• 2 weeks later...

At this point, since Code Vein and Indivisible are already out and in my collection, Freedom Planet 2 is probably the only thing left for the year that I am looking forward to (if it isn't delayed for some reason).

If by 'new', you mean 'in development', then I would say any of the games which I've contributed to on Patreon, those being Kincaid and Oh! So Hero.

• 2 weeks later...

RE3 remake 

Other than that it unfortunately doesn't look like there's much coming out that fancies my tastes... 

Iceborne perhaps, but I already have it on consoles and I don't like it much, especially since starting from scratch isn't all that fun but I also don't really like any changes they made,  it feels more spammy,  less interesting monsters, all in all pretty uninspired and not what I'd expected. 

The god awful performance doesn't help obviously. 

On 10/1/2019 at 11:42 AM, landess said:

Since I only PC game, my options are generally less and a few years ago I decided to quit waiting on the 1+ year old GOTY versions for cheap, with most bugs squashed, and grab a bunch of the newest titles to run on a new machine.

Because of the rinse-repeat, sequel addicted format most AAA titles offer, it boils down to what game play interests most and which studio is doing it best. At the moment I can't see any interest in anything I've been doing already for the past 10 years as a 'new' release, so am currently trying to find that gaming 'spark' again.

Modding the old tried and true games still entertains me and throwing away , what is it now, $60+ on a buggy game with content to be sold later is becoming harder to do.

I jumped into this discussion mostly to flag myself of possible games to watch and I know I'll read about something I never heard of which will interest me.

Haha, well I get that feeling often too! 

Try MHW,  if you at all like action games,  and do it now  it's totally hype.  And then cry when they downgrade it in any possible way with "Iceborne"  T^T 

PS: Can't copy / edit my previous post on phone... I tried,  won't let me for whatever reason 

10 hours ago, MaidoLover said:

Try MHW

I have it, played for a month or so, but sorta lost interest. The multiplayer option wasn't why I bought it....  It was on PC!

It looks great, and is a solid game, but the crafting requires grinding which isn't my most endearing quality in a game. I MMO'd for many years and am just looking for recruit level games to escape into.

Almost every game back in the 90's for PC was much more difficult then what is out now, so dabbling in Dark Souls reminded me I'm past that sort of game experience.

I'd have to say with Rockstar releasing the PC version of RDR2, this is now the one title I'm looking forward to.

58 minutes ago, landess said:

I have it, played for a month or so, but sorta lost interest. The multiplayer option wasn't why I bought it....  It was on PC!

It looks great, and is a solid game, but the crafting requires grinding which isn't my most endearing quality in a game. I MMO'd for many years and am just looking for recruit level games to escape into.

Almost every game back in the 90's for PC was much more difficult then what is out now, so dabbling in Dark Souls reminded me I'm past that sort of game experience.

I'd have to say with Rockstar releasing the PC version of RDR2, this is now the one title I'm looking forward to.

Honestly the grinding isn't that bad... 

The game just does an awful job at explaining things and things are too convoluted for no reason so I can see why someone would get the impression - but grinding required is really minimal at best. 

If you just do story,  no repeats, you easily get enough mats to upgrade what you need. Of course sometimes you'll want to kill a certain monster a few times to get what just need *now* a few times,  but it isn't really necessary and not often either 

And the endgame can be easily described as *pure grind* but that's the thing you aren't going to do anything but hunting monsters anyway so materials come just by in the process. 

I really get why the game isn't for everyone - it's clunky and purposefully convoluted etc,  but I really dislike grinding (some people actually like this?) and I very rarely had the feeling I'd need to actually grind for something - with the very exception of some of the gems needed to upgrade or augment certain weapons or equipment - but again that's end game,  at that point I played hundreds of hours already and very much understood there's nothing to do at all, besides hunting monsters,  heh! 

And even if it's a monster I don't like fighting, I always take it as a chance to improve or try out stuff,  that's the fun thing about MH,  there are so many options and possibilities and you get like 99% to choose which hunts to go for.. 

It does require some phantasy / creativity from the player for sure,  make your own challenges etc,  kinda stuff... 

Also I pretty much modded almost every single outfit and other things,  I love how easily you can mix and match most stuff,  and indeed it looks great! 

Not trying to convince you on anything,  just that MHW is all about grinding is a misconception,  this game does it all right,  the grind *is* the game. 

Literally the only "lootshooter" that does it right  (also no mtx nonsense) 

:)

I change my mind about my previous statement, at least in part. In addition to the independent adult games that I was anticipating, I have taken an interest in Atelier Ryza since it could be a good point to hop into the series whose installments have been on my wishlist for a while anyway after having more attention drawn to it by the silly little storm-in-a-teacup controversies related to female character anatomy (be it the fact that they have realistic physics or that one of the female characters is curvy all over in a way that no other character has ever been in a game from Japan, or rather, outside of an H-game)as well as the top tier husbando in the game, Lent (whom the complainant clique is oddly silent about).

Princess & Conquest also looks to be set to be an entertaining adults-only rpg with an art-style that aims for an appealing cutesy hand-drawn cartoon style rather than polygonal realism or a trendy Japonesque aesthetic (which is to say, more Adventure Time meets R. Crumb, less La Blue Girl).

15 hours ago, MaidoLover said:

It does require some phantasy / creativity from the player for sure

Aye. I felt the game did a great job of immersing me into the world. I really can't say anything bad about MHW. Reading about multiplayer strategies and the typical shit that happens when one idiot wants to ruin it for everyone is why I only play it solo.

As far as progress, the 3rd zone (which is extremely vertical as well) is where I started losing interest. Perhaps the time off I took will increase my desire to explore more and see the main campaign through.

BTW: My 'roleplay' had me design my 'pet' to use the tiger stripes and name it 'Richard Parker' :P