Solitude Men's Club Expanded (by ffabris)

Solitude Men's Club Expanded (by ffabris)

View File

Another port of a ffabris mod. This time it is the merged version of Solitude Men's Club, which I therefore renamed Solitude Mens Club Expanded, cos multiple clubs. See what I did there?

Anyway, this mod adds (gay) men's clubs in Solitude, Windhelm and Riften for you to soak your weary achy bones in the pools after dancing with dragons, combating nirnroot and swatting bees, in the company of handsome men.

So what did I do to the mod:

- converted the files wit Cathedral Asset Optimizer

- converted the esp to form 44

- nordified the men (ffabris likes his men "crispy")

- added a tiny bit of diversity to the Riften club by adding some "beast races"

- ironed the towels, swept the floors, cleaned the windows and made dinner (or rather: general clean-up of the files)

Requirements:

USSEP

SkyUI

KS Hairdos SSE (male hair)

SexLab

SexLab Aroused Redux

But... what does this mod do?!

Well... read the following, which is from the original mod description (the add-ons are already part of this mod):

Backstory
The Solitude Men's Club was founded by King Mantiarco, husband of Potema. While outwardly, he was a devoted husband, in reality he preferred the company of other men. And so he created a place where he, and others like him, could meet and enjoy one another's company. In order to maintain discretion for all involved, the place had a very modest entryway, with no signage, leading most to believe that it was a wine cellar, or something similar.

On his death, he was unable to provide for the upkeep of the club, so in order to keep running, the club had to start changing membership fees. And this allowed it to survive. The club still exists, with the same nondescript entrance on a side alleyway. But inside, a lavish setting makes men of all backgrounds welcome, and allows them to freely express their sexuality.

What This Is
This mod adds a club in Solitude. The entrance is located on the slope leading to the Blue Palace, on the right. The doorway faces the side door of Erikur's house. You enter the foyer of the club, and will not be able to go further until you purchase membership, which has a one time cost of 500 septims.

Once you have joined, you gain access to the club proper, where naked men lounge around, enjoying the pool, and the food available - and one another's company and bodies. Optionally, (male) vanilla NPCs can also visit the club.

Some time after joining (2-5 days), the courier will deliver an invitation to assume the role of club manager. If you accept, this gives you a small room to call you own, with a double bed, and basic storage for clothing, etc. You also get access to the basement, which has all crafting equipment, as well as a dungeon area with animals for a different kind of "play".

The MCM
This mod has an MCM which allows you to configure a variety of options. Most become available only when you join the club, or later become the manager, as applicable.

After initially installing the mod, start Skyrim, open the MCM then close it again, and wait for SkyUI to say that it has registered the new menu. Then open the MCM again, and scroll down to Solitude Men's Club.

Add-Ons
Windhelm Men's Club: located outside the city proper, between Brandy-Mug and Hlaalu Farms. You won't have access to the baths unless you are a member of the SMC; once you become manager, you are able to use the bed in the upper section (inn) of the Windhelm club. No animals here, but there are up to 12 bathers available, and vanilla NPCs can visit (both are set via MCM).

Riften Men's Club: Located beyond the south gate of Riften, just before Snow-Shod Farm. Unlike the Windhelm club, this has a very short introductory quest, which starts at the Solitude club. Once you have become manager, the quest kicks off. The Riften club has animals available (optional, via MCM), but here they are "basic": dogs, huskies, horses, bears.

Conflicts
Anything that changes the earthworks on the right side of the hill leading to the Blue Palace (next to Erikur's house, side door). Legacy of the Dragonborn definitely conflicts*, for example, as does Solitude Public Bathhouse. It also won't work with OpenCities, as that moves Solitude into the Tamriel worldspace.

* Note on compatibility with LotD: Soclopio mentions this in the comments: " And with the incompatibility with LotD, well it is, but just a tiny wall blocks the door (you can see the tip even). It's just a disable and all done." So to make it compatible, just delete that tiny wall. Thanks for the report, Soclopio :)

For the Windhelm club, anything which edits the space between Brandy-Mug and Hlaalu Farms.

For the Riften club, anything which edits the space that the club occupies, i.e, between Riften south gate and Snow-Shod Farm, on the side of the lake.

Notes
Don't change the number of bathers while sex acts are in progress. Results are unpredictable. Instead, disable sex interaction in the MCM first, then make sure no sex is happening. Only then should you change the number of bathers.

Stealing items from inside the club, or attacking any of the club residents (attendants, bathers), will be treated as a crime. Becoming a club member will allow you to take some of the items; becoming manager will give access to more. Patience.

Your followers, regardless of gender, will follow you into the club after you have become a member.

There is no navmesh on the stairs down to the basement - by design. This to prevent the club NPCs from wandering down there, needlessly. So followers won't be able to go there either, unless they TP to you once you're there.

The artwork on the MCM and the paintings in the club, is all my (=ffabris') own, and thus under copyright. I do not grant permission for its use elsewhere.

Patch(es):

Aragonit has created a patch for use with Legacy of the Dragonborn (LotD) or any other mod that blocks the entrance to the club in Solitude. It moves the entrance to the club to another place. You can find the patch HERE. Thank you, aragonit!

Credits:

ffabris for creating yet another amazing mod and for the Original Poser/Vue artwork

Celtic Decor for Skyrim I by DarkRider

Static dishes and food resource, by Tamira

New Flowers Resource, by Tamira

Modder's Resource Pack, by Oaristys

BookSets Resource, by Blary

nsanity's Bath Towels, by InsanitySorrow

Insanity's Folded Blankets, by InsanitySorrow

Ready Clutter and Furnishings, by Lilith

Inspired by Solitude Public Bathhouse, by Zuzmoo

88x31.png NOTE: This mod is released under Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike. In other words, feel free to make changes to the mod in any way you like, and upload the changed version. You do not need to ask permission. If you do so, you must credit me, and your version must be free. Further, you also need to credit any other mods used as resources, including those used in my original. Your own creation must in turn be released under these same conditions.

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    09/30/2019
  • Category
  • Requires
    USSEP, Skyui, KS Hairdos, Sexlab SE, Sexlab Aroused SE
  • Regular Edition Compatible
    No

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, soclopio said:

Which version of KS requires? Men I guess? Also it would be wonderful if you could make a version without that requirement!

Oh, I didn't know that KS Hairdo's is now split in two! Yes, you would only need the male hairs. I will change the mod description.

And perhaps I will make a version with vanilla hair when the mood strikes me. Don't hold your breath though ;)

8 hours ago, Vachnic said:

Oh, I didn't know that KS Hairdo's is now split in two! Yes, you would only need the male hairs. I will change the mod description.

And perhaps I will make a version with vanilla hair when the mood strikes me. Don't hold your breath though ;)

No worries, I edited the master and it's fine. And with the incompatibility with LotD, well it is, but just a tiny wall blocks the door (you can see the tip even). It's just a disable and all done. I dunno why I dled this mod xD, I'm in search of an updated brothel to put to work some followers (in a hardcore playthrough money is vital). Can they enter with me, or it is only men allowed?

On 10/20/2019 at 4:10 AM, soclopio said:

No worries, I edited the master and it's fine. And with the incompatibility with LotD, well it is, but just a tiny wall blocks the door (you can see the tip even). It's just a disable and all done. I dunno why I dled this mod xD, I'm in search of an updated brothel to put to work some followers (in a hardcore playthrough money is vital). Can they enter with me, or it is only men allowed?

Hi, sorry for the late reply, I am reinstalling Skyrim to a different "flavor" at the moment.

Did you try getting women into the Club(s)? if so, did it work? I know there is a check in place that allows only male NPCs from the towns to wander into the clubs, if you set that in the MCM. But I have no idea if that would also block female followers to enter the clubs. Since I can't check myself right now (reinstalling), it would be interesting to see what your experiences are.

Guest ffabris

From memory, there is no explicit block. Yes there is code that will allow male NPC to visit. And normally NPC won't wander in on their own, since they have no packages to do so. But no block was added.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

In a sea of massive tits, gay content is so rare. Thank you so much.

However, after I read the note to become the manager and got the "speak to Aenar" objective, Aenar won't talk to me. He just says "..." no matter what I try.

EDIT: Eventually just had to setstage it. No idea what's going on there, because the rest of the associated quests worked fine.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ffabris
22 hours ago, lavajoro said:

Dear Vachnic,

Thanks for your work and ffaris, however The Bath in Windhelm club I cannot open because missing key. I try to talk so much with Aenar in Solitude in order to get new quest or key. It's impossible. Please help me who to get key. Again, tks.

from the mod description:
Windhelm Men's Club: located outside the city proper, between Brandy-Mug and Hlaalu Farms. You won't have access to the baths unless you are a member of the SMC; once you become manager, you are able to use the bed in the upper section (inn) of the Windhelm club. No animals here, but there are up to 12 bathers available, and vanilla NPCs can visit (both are set via MCM).

Did you become manager of the Solitude club?

8 hours ago, ffabris said:

from the mod description:
Windhelm Men's Club: located outside the city proper, between Brandy-Mug and Hlaalu Farms. You won't have access to the baths unless you are a member of the SMC; once you become manager, you are able to use the bed in the upper section (inn) of the Windhelm club. No animals here, but there are up to 12 bathers available, and vanilla NPCs can visit (both are set via MCM).

Did you become manager of the Solitude club?

Yes, I did. I just finished Ask to Aenar and nothing happen next. Aenar only replay "..." and say nothing.

6 hours ago, lavajoro said:

Yes, I did. I just finished Ask to Aenar and nothing happen next. Aenar only replay "..." and say nothing.

Same here.

Manager of SMC, and did mini quest for RMC. Have waited several days, and made several attempts (checking door) but no joy. Second play thru it all went normal and WMC opened up just fine.

EDIT:

I just noticed that this is for SE. I've been playing it on LE. ??!?!

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/23/2020 at 8:30 PM, Irishredneck said:

Same here.

Manager of SMC, and did mini quest for RMC. Have waited several days, and made several attempts (checking door) but no joy. Second play thru it all went normal and WMC opened up just fine.

EDIT:

I just noticed that this is for SE. I've been playing it on LE. ??!?!

You may want to get the original mod to erase the incompatibilities :)

3 hours ago, Stevio004 said:

I cant find the door in solitude nor the Windhelm club, I am using SE. Is that a problem?

This version of the mod is for SE, so you have the correct version. So that is a good start ;)

If you can't find the clubs, then check if you are using mods that change/add/alter the areas where they are located. In the description are a few known incompatible mods mentioned.

The door in Solitude is opposite Erikur's lower side door to his house in the hill slope towards the Blue Palace.

The Windhelm club is not in the city itself, but opposite the Docks area between the two farms there (Brandy-Mug and Hlaalu farms)

Guest ffabris

Once you have joined, you gain access to the club proper, where naked men lounge around, enjoying the pool, and the food available - and one another's company and bodies. Optionally, (male) vanilla NPCs can also visit the club.

Some time after joining (2-5 days), the courier will deliver an invitation to assume the role of club manager. If you accept, this gives you a small room to call you own, with a double bed, and basic storage for clothing, etc. You also get access to the basement, which has all crafting equipment, as well as a dungeon area with animals for a different kind of "play".

Have you waited long enough? (The above quote is from the mod description.)

• 2 weeks later...

The only problems that I've had with this mod is when I tried going into the files to play around with dialogue or to fix typos (there are only a smidgeon. Funny enough, that form of smidgen is not accepted by Lovers Lab's spell checker), resulting in grey face or broken progress if changes are made on a save in which SMCE is already installed. I won't be doing that again (anytime soon, anyway).

It even plays surprisingly well with Holds-The City Overhaul. Not so much with Legacy of the Dragonborn, though.

Maybe we can all contribute to a compatibility list for mods such as these and world space overhaul mods to help people figure out where the conflicts lie? 

Guest ffabris

I'm famous for typos! Surprised there aren't more. ?

Yes, editing the mod when you have already started a game will break stuff.

If memory serves, Legacy plonks a huge build right in the same spot that the first club is, so yes, conflict. That's documented in the mod description, however.