[mod] Teratophilia

On 12/25/2019 at 3:56 AM, red3dred said:

Of note; Yeah, i don't see why not making the robot monsters have preg if people prefer. I just wouldn't make them if i absolutely couldn't get it to look good.

I'd voice my support for this. Strap some artificial wombs to the robots and fill 'em up.
How viable is it to either swap out what type of monster something actually is, or to just disable certain attacks based on pregnancy status? Because my first ideas were a scandroid holding a cylinder with a fetus inside it, or a spiderbot with the same cylinder on top of it. Of course, these would interfere with their electric and fire attacks respectively.

Spoiler

588427235_robotwomb.jpg.b914a9f40d2f3c067c2f815f193a78d3.jpg

6 hours ago, Zaroth_0 said:

I'd voice my support for this. Strap some artificial wombs to the robots and fill 'em up.
How viable is it to either swap out what type of monster something actually is, or to just disable certain attacks based on pregnancy status? Because my first ideas were a scandroid holding a cylinder with a fetus inside it, or a spiderbot with the same cylinder on top of it. Of course, these would interfere with their electric and fire attacks respectively

This is why the monsters don't have visual differences between male and female, and the reason why i don't want to push this.

Body graphics for them wouldn't be tied to the gender value, and if it was, it'd require invasive patching that might make it incompatible with some other monster-related mods. All the while also altering their visuals, drastically at times. Gender + Prengnacy then... wew.

Simply put, it'd require making a whole new creature, with it's own selection of moves, just so it could account for this visual change, and hell, it may not even translate well to Starbound mechanics (EG: FU's poptops grow up, but if you have one as a pet, instead of your pet "growing up", it just dies and becomes a hostile entity, and you then have to revive it in a healing station) thus making it much more of a hassle for users aswell.

12 hours ago, MidnightTech634 said:

just curious, o I need both the 16defeat an the Teratophilia 16 pak together? I so then why oes it still work with just defeat on?

Terato 0.1.6 and TeratoDefeat 0.1.6 are supposed to be together, yes.

It "works" with just defeat because Defeat is somewhat universal; If a player dies to a monster, they enter the defeat state. Whether the monster makes use of that though, depends if they support defeat or not. Also whether they become a defeat node themselves instead of dying. Poptops are supported by default in Defeat, without TeratoDefeat. They just are ?‍♂️

• 2 weeks later...

So glad this mod is actually recent so I can still actually maybe provide some ideas for it, since you're doing it "per-biome" I thought it might be funny/interesting to add the Erchius Ghost to this mod.

If not, then I'd like to suggest snowy biomes next (Wisper, Pulpin, Capricoat, etc)

33 minutes ago, FYEO_Avian said:

So glad this mod is actually recent so I can still actually maybe provide some ideas for it, since you're doing it "per-biome" I thought it might be funny/interesting to add the Erchius Ghost to this mod.

If not, then I'd like to suggest snowy biomes next (Wisper, Pulpin, Capricoat, etc)

Henlo. And yeah, plan is to keep going, but i'm really not feeling the artsy inspiration i used to roll with when i made most of these, so i'm mostly laying low and thinking what needs a change. Sounds are going to be challenging for the future...

As for those two requests; The Erchius Ghost has been joked about several times, and all in all, doesn't seem impossible to implement right now, just awkward given how the animations have issues with the bigger monsters, but still possible. Perhaps a test implementation (Like the mother/adult poptop in the current version) for the next one?

As for the latter, well, there was a vote for 5 of the preferred biomes so far, about 120 votes total, and alien won by far. If i finish this batch, i'll probably have another vote up with the 3 biomes around the same tier, and two more outliers again. The snow biome surprisingly didn't do too hot in the last vote! No uh... pun intended. If i remember right Desert or Forest were second place.

Alien planet monsters will be fun, and I know how frustrating it can be to make pixel art animations go smoothly Dx no one here is rushing this at all, at least I love the mod so far xD there are a few bugs with the defeat part of the mod, but that's to be expected with anything involving coding tbh.

All in all I'm excited to see that this mod is actually still in development and hasn't been abandoned!

2 hours ago, CPT Templar said:

I can't play with this mod installed, when i TP down on the planet it instantly TP me back to my ship :/

edit : nevermind i fixed it by loading the planet without the mod then adding the mod

Well, considering there are at least a hundred users all using this mod, and none have reported this, i can only imagine it is something you've done on your end, or another mod. At any rate, i literally can't know what went wrong without the Starbound.log file.

Really enjoying this so far. I think the Tentecrawler is the only supported creature I haven't encountered yet. However, I'm having a hell of a time getting the SxB interaction with the paratail to result in a pregnancy. Is anyone else having this problem or am I just getting RNG'd to hell. I'm assuming the sprite with the green goop on the end of the 'tail' (which is a nice touch by the way) is the male version correct?

7 hours ago, SlicedBread said:

Really enjoying this so far. I think the Tentecrawler is the only supported creature I haven't encountered yet. However, I'm having a hell of a time getting the SxB interaction with the paratail to result in a pregnancy. Is anyone else having this problem or am I just getting RNG'd to hell. I'm assuming the sprite with the green goop on the end of the 'tail' (which is a nice touch by the way) is the male version correct?

Yes, and well, it's because not all monsters can result in pregnancy. Paratail is one of those. Kinda makes sense why when it's in the actor2 position. Sadly i can't make monsters capable of impregnating and not being impregnated themselves, and Paratail didn't seem like it's... anything would support being pregnant.

Though, if anyone has an idea on how to draw that, i wouldn't be opposed to enable it... Albeit, still a bit skeptical.

4 hours ago, red3dred said:

Yes, and well, it's because not all monsters can result in pregnancy. Paratail is one of those. Kinda makes sense why when it's in the actor2 position. Sadly i can't make monsters capable of impregnating and not being impregnated themselves, and Paratail didn't seem like it's... anything would support being pregnant.

Though, if anyone has an idea on how to draw that, i wouldn't be opposed to enable it... Albeit, still a bit skeptical.

Interesting. Yeah I didn't realize that the pregnancies MUST work both ways for them to be enabled at all.

Possibly have the female 'tail' be, in some fashion, a receptive tentacle of sorts. It either coils around a male or more appropriately fits over. This necessarily makes some positions mostly unworkable like the oral postion for example. I don't know if both genders of a given creature need to have the same position set (that would suck). A quick "tentacles + penis_milking" search on relevant image boards will likely yield something similar.

OR

Female paratails could also be considered 'egg layers' and do the penetrating as well as the males. However, I'm assuming one of the two genders need to be able to BE impregnated, so ehhhhh...see next suggestion

OR

If it's possible, 'disable' one of the genders for the paratails so you're only ever interacting with the impregnating gender. I'm not sure where that gender calculation occurs in the code. It certainly seems saved to the creature as I've been able to consistently produce the same gender interaction for creatures moving into and out of the capture pods both by hand and in a pet tether. Interestingly, the pet healing station seems to reroll the gender and I can use it to get the gender I want.

1 hour ago, SlicedBread said:

Interesting. Yeah I didn't realize that the pregnancies MUST work both ways for them to be enabled at all.

Possibly have the female 'tail' be, in some fashion, a receptive tentacle of sorts. It either coils around a male or more appropriately fits over. This necessarily makes some positions mostly unworkable like the oral postion for example. I don't know if both genders of a given creature need to have the same position set (that would suck).

Well, by default means, only females can get pregnant and only males can impregnate, this of course isn't true when Futa and Sexbound Tweaker come into play. But if the position itself says "Nobody in this relationship can get pregnant" then it's not possible. And monsters dictate the positions they have. This is probably ignored by defeat however.

And yeah, sadly, i can't have separate positions per gender without making it so they are two separate monsters, thus breaking vanilla in the process.

A quick "tentacles + penis_milking" search on relevant image boards will likely yield something similar.

OR

Female paratails could also be considered 'egg layers' and do the penetrating as well as the males. However, I'm assuming one of the two genders need to be able to BE impregnated, so ehhhhh...see next suggestion

OR

If it's possible, 'disable' one of the genders for the paratails so you're only ever interacting with the impregnating gender.

All options i've considered at some point or another, not going to lie. But yeah, oviposition is not in the API, i'd have to make a whole plugin just for that, and rewrite how the whole of pregnancy works for that. On another note... A single gender could work, but delimiting it doesn't mean it stops either when Sexbound Tweaker is a thing. Females being able to impregnate and males being able to get pregnant with it, i'd still have to make assets so that makes sense. Of course, part 1 (Females impregnating) is probably obsolete now that the API has built-in Futa...

All things considered, this is why the "organic -x- non-organic" and whether monsters can get pregnant needs to be discussed a bit more. Users don't know how viable most of their suggestions are, and that is understandable, but agreeing on why and which ones, that's something i gotta only presume and hope most users agree.

It certainly seems saved to the creature as I've been able to consistently produce the same gender interaction for creatures moving into and out of the capture pods both by hand and in a pet tether. Interestingly, the pet healing station seems to reroll the gender and I can use it to get the gender I want.

Yeah, i took a while when figuring that code out for the main API, making sure the gender wouldn't reset and that it would stick around between pets. Also stumbled upon a few hidden bugs and solved those aswell lol-- but yeah, the healing station re-rolling genders is known, and well, "intended". It's handy, so why not keep it?

It's great to see there's more people liking this stuff. I did not really expect to find a mod for teratophilia here, let alone one featuring stuff for female monsters.

What a nice surprise to stumble upon. Usually it's just male monsters on girls, which is frustrating. The lady monsters needs love too.

The world needs more female monster loving in it. Nice work keeping the niche alive man!

The only other place i know of to find male on female-monster teratophilia stuff like this is in Teraurge, and that's only because it's actually made for teratophilia/xenophilia.
I'll drop a link for those curious, gotta spread word-of-mouth somehow: http://teraurge.blogspot.com/ (NSFW warning, not that it's needed.)

Still a post shouldn't end on a shill, however well-intentioned it might be. So Thanks red3dred, You're doing us all a great favor with this work of yours. It's appreciated.

42 minutes ago, SkyrimMaster2020 said:

when I have this in my mods folder it stops me from teleporting to the planet please fix

I heard this before, but it shouldn't be possible. It doesn't alter anything like adding/removing monsters, unless it was installed incorrectly?

Mind sharing your starbound.log (text file) from your storage folder?

7 minutes ago, red3dred said:

I heard this before, but it shouldn't be possible. It doesn't alter anything like adding/removing monsters, unless it was installed incorrectly?

Mind sharing your starbound.log (text file) from your storage folder? it just teleports me back to the ship after a couple of seconds on the planet moving even stops me from spawning even a smoglin

which one? I have 5 starbound.log files

starbound.log.1 starbound.log.2 starbound.log.3 starbound.log.4 starbound.log.5

34 minutes ago, SkyrimMaster2020 said:

... none of those, just the plain text file one... But one of these oughtta do the trick.

... Those logs are probably old? You're running Starbound 1.3.4, we're up to 1.4.4, and i don't know why you'd be running Terato-defeat without the Defeat mod itself.

2 hours ago, SkyrimMaster2020 said:

here is my entire mod collection in starbound

So, to better report issues, try providing a log file and a description of the issue.

To find the log file, it should be within your Starbound installation directory, then the storage folder. You should see a text file named starbound.log (or simply starbound, as a text file). Paste it into your response as a attached file, or use PasteBin, whichever you prefer. Then users can look into your issues with the necessary information at hand.

<Just please don't post the whole thing as text here>

So, that said, you did send me the logs, but i don't know for sure what the issue is; the logs you did send are from game version 1.3.4, and the Sexbound API version 2.13.0. Those are from a way's back now, as the game is at version 1.4.4, and the API is up to v3.4.1. In theory this setup should work, albeit without the actual "Why did it actually error out" log i can't know for sure. The other logs mentioned mods that aren't in that list, and less mods, so yeah, i need the latest one there.

8 hours ago, red3dred said:

So, that said, you did send me the logs, but i don't know for sure what the issue is; the logs you did send are from game version 1.3.4, and the Sexbound API version 2.13.0. Those are from a way's back now, as the game is at version 1.4.4, and the API is up to v3.4.1. In theory this setup should work, albeit without the actual "Why did it actually error out" log i can't know for sure. The other logs mentioned mods that aren't in that list, and less mods, so yeah, i need the latest one there.

here is the .log from the new version but it won't let me spawn anything not even items and it will not let me teleport to the planet is that mod incompatible with any of the ones I have?

starbound.log

1 hour ago, SkyrimMaster2020 said:

here is the .log from the new version but it won't let me spawn anything not even items and it will not let me teleport to the planet is that mod incompatible with any of the ones I have?

So, right away, if you upgraded to Sexbound 3.4, then PM2PB also needs a update, so that's one thing.
Throwing Heart is throwing errors (Heh) so that's worth updating.

Also uh... Something is weird? It says not a single file from Sexbound's API is loading. Or at least...... Ah, you ought to update Defeat i believe. Your version is not the latest and doesn't have support for Monsters, so that file isn't loading and is causing them to not exist.

... and that appears to be all i can find. It's strange that your game is returning the stack-trace (The trail of where a part of the game error'd/went wrong) as Memory locations/addresses instead of Scripts, but hey. I kinda can still understand what's going on...