6 hours ago, Bad Dog said:

Thanks for the research. I just got enough of the bat race working to port to SE so I'll see what I can figure out today.

Bat race? Very nice. 

Skimmed a little, but did someone say they experienced HDT issues? I believe I heard someone say "melty boobs". 

19 hours ago, jharise said:

That's the one. I've found like one reference to the glitch in the Oldrim version of the Real Flying mod, but no solutions or answers on what causes it. It's especially weird since it doesn't happen on vanilla-race characters, just on Birds. The only contributing factor I can think of is because RFW are automatically applied to Bird-race characters upon generation. Might try troubleshooting it with a version of the mod that doesn't automatically apply the wings and see if wings added via mutagen do the same thing, but I don't know enough about scripting to do that myself. Maybe a version that only applies ADW at first and you can switch to RFW with the potion?

I know it isn't the feathery wings themselves because the default dragon wings from RF also have the disappearing problem when applied to birds.

Unfortunately I don't have a lot of time, but I looked inside the mods a little bit. I tinkered with BDBirds around the same time @Bad Dog was porting it and initially removed RFW and ADW as parent masters to test for compatibility. When viewing the scripts I noted that Race was used several times but seemed as more of a check between VampireLord and Werewolf. Like @jharise stated, the mod works fine with vanilla races. Looking in CK I found something that looked like this:

Spoiler

572443995_ARFCK.png.f696e4e7fd361fc52e79b3e043e86c8e.png

I opened up the files and added lines appropriate for BDBirds, however I did not finish the additions for the .pex files. I don't think this roundabout way with the mod's scripts would yield the desired results anyway, but I at least took a look at potential culprits. I noticed the 10 day duration effect on the spells, are you sure neither of you were airborne longer than you thought?

giphy.webp

Unless someone already knows an easier solution, testing new scripts may be worth a shot.

I think I found the cause of the disappearing-wing problem. It happens when changing cell boundaries outdoors. I had a check for that, thinking I might lose the wings, but it wasn't necessary and in fact was messing things up.

EDIT: I don't know what the realflying_toggle thing does--it's not referenced by other forms.

Okay, new version is up. Fixes the losing-your-wings-in-midair problem, references the right version of the Wings mods. Numbered 4.0 because it's got the beginnings of the bat race, but that's not ready for play yet.

Are other folks having problems getting sexlab to start? I was having freezes on initialization, which I fixed by initializing in the prison. Now it says its good but I'm having no luck starting scenes. (I saw the note that it takes a long time--I'm talking the scene doesn't start ever.) Anyone else?

5 hours ago, Bad Dog said:

Okay, new version is up. Fixes the losing-your-wings-in-midair problem, references the right version of the Wings mods. Numbered 4.0 because it's got the beginnings of the bat race, but that's not ready for play yet.

Are other folks having problems getting sexlab to start? I was having freezes on initialization, which I fixed by initializing in the prison. Now it says its good but I'm having no luck starting scenes. (I saw the note that it takes a long time--I'm talking the scene doesn't start ever.) Anyone else?

I'd try it, however the file for 4.0 appears broken. Upon opening the .7z file a message reads, "The archive is either in unknown format or damaged". 

Fair warning, I'm getting a regular (but not 100% consistent) freeze traveling from Riverwood to Whiterun. Does anyone have a good strategy for debugging these? I don't even know what mod it is, except I loaded up a bunch of the skimpy armor mods and it seems like it's them, not Birds. But short of loading up each armor in turn, I don't really know how to debug.

For debugging, here's what I do (keep in mind I use Vortex so I'm not sure if other mod organizers work the same way or not):

I have a "main" profile with all my usual mods loaded up, and a "Debug" profile that usually only has the basic frameworks loaded (FNIS, SKSE, physics, LAL to make checking specific location bugs easier, etc). I use this profile to test individual mods with New Game. It's not a perfect solution, but it doesn't mess with your main setup so you can test each one until you narrow it down. A good idea in this case would be to load up a new game with none of the additional suspected mods enabled, travel to around Riverwood, then save and quit. From there, check each mod to see if it causes your freeze.

9 hours ago, Bad Dog said:

Fair warning, I'm getting a regular (but not 100% consistent) freeze traveling from Riverwood to Whiterun. Does anyone have a good strategy for debugging these? I don't even know what mod it is, except I loaded up a bunch of the skimpy armor mods and it seems like it's them, not Birds. But short of loading up each armor in turn, I don't really know how to debug.

I created a mod that removes all Leveled and Encounter NPCs from the game in addition to some other tweaks for testing mod functionality/game smoothing. My personal one (I imagine) breaks quests because I also removed many quests NPCs and triggers. My Riverwood, is like, scorched earth. I removed pretty much all trees and other foliage. 

I find that it's a nice template for eliminating some unknowns whens troubleshooting. Let me know if you'd like a copy. 

Yeah, I have minimal debug profiles with MO. Trouble is getting the problem to be reproduceable. Right now seems like if I shift race before crossing the border it's fine--which means it has to be something in the base Birds mod, because I still have wings, schlong, etc.

BTW my freeze only happens on the bat race so the birds should be fine, at least so far as this problem goes.

EDIT: Found it. Mismatched tri file on the bat mouth. Was okay on LE, was okay on SE until I flew over a wolf and tried to snarl at it. Nothing to do with cell loading at all.

Well, I haven't had time to do extensive testing (since I went to sleep right after downloading the working version of 4.0), but I did do a quick flight from Whiterun to Falkreath, and apart from one CTD (which probably had nothing to do with Birds since Skyrim is just Like That), the wings didn't vanish once. I had two moments where they folded up and I started to fall, but that happens with the basic Real Flying mod sometimes anyway, and isn't a big deal since you don't take fall damage as long as wings are present at all.

So far, looks good! I'll report back if I run into any more bugs.

Having issues did get mod to load game. But no bird people in wagons or helgan once I enter the game crash. Do I need another life mod? I might have redo my game filed do to light mods which requirements to make bird race to show. Might take while do this tomorrow.