How do I make Maskar's Oblivion Overhaul sexy?

I noticed that this mod adds a lot of armors to the game and wanted to know if there were any armor conversions specific to this. I've also installed the lost spires which has the archaeology hood and robe set (don't know about other sets since I've only just started that particular quest) so would be great if I could find armor conversions to that too! I'm using DMRA and BBB.

1 hour ago, vararth said:

I noticed that this mod adds a lot of armors to the game and wanted to know if there were any armor conversions specific to this. I've also installed the lost spires which has the archaeology hood and robe set (don't know about other sets since I've only just started that particular quest) so would be great if I could find armor conversions to that too! I'm using DMRA and BBB.

There are some really good DMRA conversions out there. have you downloaded them yet? Worth a look if you want sexy DMRA robes. You'd need bit of skill at the Construction Set to swap over one of the conversions into the archaeology robe....but it is certainly doable.

Then there's this lower body which makes the DMRA...errr...anatomically correct...let's just say.

Thanks for these quick responses. I have gone through these links and downloaded some stuff..

10 hours ago, DogOnPorch said:

There are some really good DMRA conversions out there. have you downloaded them yet? Worth a look if you want sexy DMRA robes. You'd need bit of skill at the Construction Set to swap over one of the conversions into the archaeology robe....but it is certainly doable.

Could you please direct me to where I may find some tutorial on using the Construction Set?

8 hours ago, KoolHndLuke said:

Yeah, just swap for sexy meshes. That's the way I do it. You can take a quick look at them in Nifskope.

By swap for sexy meshes do you mean copying ONLY the meshes folder from the archive downloads? I also have no clue on what nifscope is or how to use it so could use a bit of help there as well!

You do not need a CS tutorial. ( and there are so many, depends on what you want to do: landscape, build a house, scripts, comanion Mod, race Mod, or a Mod with a chest with new  armor-clothes )

NifSkope is a tool to open nif files ( meshes. the objects )  http://niftools.sourceforge.net/wiki/NifSkope

Or here the newest version : NifSkope_2_0_2018-02-22-x64.7z

Install it somewhere ( not in the game folder )

After you have installed it you can open a Nif by right click the nif (mesh) and click "Edit Nif file" ( or just double click the nif ) and it will be opend with NifSkope.

You can see the nif and you can see the textures path.

---------------------------------

You want to change the armor / clothes in Mods you have to DMRA,
So you must replace the meshes in the Mod folders with DMRA meshes.

Example: the  female Lost Spires guild rope  ( ID ArcheologyGuildRobe01 ) is in folder : meshes\clothes\robearcheologyguild01\f\robearcheologyguild01f.nif
And it use upper and lower body slots ( no hand and and foot slots)

You have a vanilla armor-clothes replacer?
So you take a DMRA robe mesh from a vanilla clothes replacer, the LowerRobe03 .  it is in folder meshes\Clothes\RobeLC01\F\RobeLC01F.NIF
You copy the RobeLC01F.nif and paste it in the " meshes\clothes\robearcheologyguild01\f\ " folder. ( you see a robearcheologyguild01f.nif in the folder )
Open the DMRA mesh in Nifskope and check the textures path. If you see " textures\clothes\robelc01\robelc01.dds " your DMRA mesh use the vanilla textures and you can change the textures path to the Lost Spires texture.
Open the robearcheologyguild01f.nif and copy the textures path : textures\dungeons\caves\clutter01\archeologyguildrobe01.dds
Paste it in the DMRA  RobeLC01F.NIF
Now you have a DMRA  rope with the Lost spires  texture.
 Now you delete or backup the Lost spires  nif ( robearcheologyguild01f.nif )   and rename the vanilla nif in that folder to robearcheologyguild01f.nif ( the RobeLC01F.NIF  rename to robearcheologyguild01f.nif )

done.

Of course you can use any other robe you like with any texture you like.

!! It must be a robe nif without hand and foot (or Gloves and shoes )

You copy the nif in the Lost Spires folder ( meshes\clothes\robearcheologyguild01\f\  )  and delete the original Lost Sires nif and rename your new DMRA nif to robearcheologyguild01f.nif

!!! if you use a DMRA nif from a Mod that you do not have installed do not forget to install the right textures. The textures path you see in the Nif, so you know the textures name and the folders. Create the folders if you do have them   and copy both dds files in that folder ! every dds file (texture) have a _n.dds ( xxxname.dds has a xxxname_n.dds )

-----------------------

The same you do with Maskar's Oblivion Overhaul .

You use the CS or TES4Edit to find the right folder and nif name . ( Or you get the packed Mod and unpack it in a empty folder, then you open the meshes folder and search the female armor and clothes nif ( use NifSkope to open the nifs )

You see in the esp what slots are used ( upper, lower body , hand, foot )  or you open the nif with NifSkope then you also see if it is a only upperbody or upper and lower, or a full body nif with all 4 slots/body parts .

Then you take a DMRA nif and replace the Maskar's Oblivion Overhaul nif.

( I do not have the Mod so I do not know the folder names )

If you have a Maskar's cuirass nif that only use the upper body, you replace it a  DMRA "only upper body " cuirass nif.

Delete original nif, remane the new DMRA nif  ( and install the textures if they are not vanilla and you do not already have them )

Archived