Wintersun - SexLab Integration

On 9/28/2021 at 5:32 AM, PD_ said:

Hmm, what changes? I'm slowly tweaking my Skyrim setup, so I might get to changing this mod as well.

As it is right now, most conditions are hardcoded in a script, so there's no way to change them without recompiling that script.

The changes I'm looking for is really just controlling how certain gods perceive things like Beastiality, like how you can choose that for Dibella in the mod. It would be nice to be able to choose for others as well (even if it doesn't make sense lore-wise, I know why Dibella has the option and the others don't).

For example, some gods think its okay if it wasn't consensual and having that be the default for those gods would be good, but having the option to change consensual bestiality from "Dislikes" to "Ignores" or "Likes" for those gods would be nice.

3 hours ago, BasicallyBasic said:

The changes I'm looking for is really just controlling how certain gods perceive things like Beastiality, like how you can choose that for Dibella in the mod. It would be nice to be able to choose for others as well (even if it doesn't make sense lore-wise, I know why Dibella has the option and the others don't).

For example, some gods think its okay if it wasn't consensual and having that be the default for those gods would be good, but having the option to change consensual bestiality from "Dislikes" to "Ignores" or "Likes" for those gods would be nice.

Alright, I'll think of a good way of implementing this. :)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Saint Alessia is, I believe, from Oblivion.

Shrine locations can be found by doing a search for "Skyrim Wintersun Shrine Locations".  I tried posting a link. but that did not do what I wanted it to do.

Edited by kalador
adding information

Saint Alessia and Pelinial Whitestrake were the heroes that freed mankind from their Ayleid elven overlords, thus ending Ayleid domination of Tamriel.  There is a book called "The Trials of St. Alessia" in the game that will give you more lore about her.

5 hours ago, Nazguli Tyvek said:

I just found this mod and I've been playing around with it however, I came across some names I'm unfamiliar with. Who exactly is Saint Alessia and how do I follow them? Is there any spot in the game where I can learn more?

5 hours ago, kalador said:

Saint Alessia is, I believe, from Oblivion.

Shrine locations can be found by doing a search for "Skyrim Wintersun Shrine Locations".  I tried posting a link. but that did not do what I wanted it to do.

the UESP has lore articles on a variety of figures, Alessia is more of a lore character than someone you can meet, but there is a statue in the Imperial City that we saw in the TES 4 Oblivion game.

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Alessia

IIRC her statue/shrine in Skyrim is up the hill from Ansilvund.  There should be a list of locations on the nexus page for the base Wintersun mod (in the docs tab).

2 hours ago, karlpaws said:

the UESP has lore articles on a variety of figures, Alessia is more of a lore character than someone you can meet, but there is a statue in the Imperial City that we saw in the TES 4 Oblivion game.

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Alessia

IIRC her statue/shrine in Skyrim is up the hill from Ansilvund.  There should be a list of locations on the nexus page for the base Wintersun mod (in the docs tab).

Apparently I've got some reading to do. I'm always fascinated by the amount of lore that exists in the Elder Scrolls series. I have no idea if anyone did this but with all the mods it'd be cool if someone could add religious texts to either this mod or Wintersun. I don't know if that'd be immersive or lore friendly, maybe I'm just projecting a little, but personally I think finding religious texts in Skyrim near any religious shrines or on NPC's would be interesting if not informative. Thanks for the Info.

5 hours ago, Nazguli Tyvek said:

Apparently I've got some reading to do. I'm always fascinated by the amount of lore that exists in the Elder Scrolls series. I have no idea if anyone did this but with all the mods it'd be cool if someone could add religious texts to either this mod or Wintersun. I don't know if that'd be immersive or lore friendly, maybe I'm just projecting a little, but personally I think finding religious texts in Skyrim near any religious shrines or on NPC's would be interesting if not informative. Thanks for the Info.

I know there are mods that do add extra books to the game. Some are just re-created from ESO or earlier TES games that are not present in Skyrim.  I am not sure if there are faith specific books.  There isn't a "Bible/Torah/Koran" kind of catch-all for any religion. 

Out of game resource wise, there are the lore pages on UESP that cover a lot of topics, time lines of the various eras and such.  Several other wiki type sites exist with similar info. Youtube channels cover a lot of lore as well, Fudgemuppet being my favorite.

8 hours ago, karlpaws said:

I know there are mods that do add extra books to the game. Some are just re-created from ESO or earlier TES games that are not present in Skyrim.  I am not sure if there are faith specific books.  There isn't a "Bible/Torah/Koran" kind of catch-all for any religion. 

Out of game resource wise, there are the lore pages on UESP that cover a lot of topics, time lines of the various eras and such.  Several other wiki type sites exist with similar info. Youtube channels cover a lot of lore as well, Fudgemuppet being my favorite.

I've been playing this game since it came out and I don't really recall many books in the game about religion or any of the deities other than Boethiah. I've found a couple that mention them briefly but nothing to extensive. I just thought that it'd be interesting if along with this mod someone could add religious books explaining the deity, their values, and the perks of following them in an immersive way. That way the player wouldn't have to rely solely on a website for the benefits of following a specific deity. It's just an idea though, not criticism. I've been playing with this mod for only a couple days but I love it so far.  

• 3 weeks later...
12 hours ago, argenteum said:

Has Nocturnal been decided on yet?

In the Twilight Sepulcher quest, there's a neat journal that could be a source of inspiration.

Most importantly, the line: "Offer what She desires most, but reject the material." (-> turn off the lights in the offering chamber to proceed)

We could translate this to "likes sex in the dark and/or at night", dislikes any other sex.

I think it fits pretty well. Nocturnal being a prude and not caring about any sex whatsoever doesn't seem 100% to me given that her realm has a little bit of overlap with Mephala's. Could even lean into the thief aspect too and give favor for having sex with virgins (stealing virginity) or sleeping with people you've stolen from, if that's possible to implement.

But if I could choose only one, I'd pick favour for any sex at night/in the dark and dislike for any sex at any other time/in the light and leave it at that.

Night/darkness was brought up before as a source of favor (a pretty obvious one :D), but I don't know if there is a good way to detect darkness with a script. Tracking theft is pretty difficult, would only really work with pickpocketing. Even then, that would require marking NPCs somehow. I don't think a system like that is a good idea for a mod I wanted to keep simple.

I never really had an intention to cover every deity with some sort of support, because I don't think all of them need it. Just wanted to make them seem "aware" of sex, to compliment the RP nature of the original mod. :blush: Question is, would Nocturnal care? It's kind of an open-ended question for most deities. She doesn't appear to me like a controlling type of deity who would set strict rules for their followers. Then again, she already requires praying in darkness in Wintersun...

1 hour ago, argenteum said:

I think vanilla WS only looks for time of day. I agree that darkness detection is probably impossible to implement in a simple way, but wouldn't time of day simply be an if statement with some comparisons between current time and an integer? That's how I assume WS does it.

I'll check it out. Enai's other mod Sacrosanct can detect shadows somehow. Probably through a perk. Might look into that as well.

3 hours ago, PD_ said:

I'll check it out. Enai's other mod Sacrosanct can detect shadows somehow. Probably through a perk. Might look into that as well.

There is a HUD UI mod I have that shows a brightness meter. I think Better Vampires also has a light/dark feature if you wanted to take it apart, since that mod can disable some vampire powers if in direct sunlight but let you use them while outside, during the day, but in shadows.

On 12/30/2021 at 2:51 AM, karlpaws said:

There is a HUD UI mod I have that shows a brightness meter. I think Better Vampires also has a light/dark feature if you wanted to take it apart, since that mod can disable some vampire powers if in direct sunlight but let you use them while outside, during the day, but in shadows.

Oh nice. So it's probably not hard to get the brightness value.

Hello, first of all I want to say thanks for the mod, it's awesome. It fits perfectly with the original wintersun, and it's great to add more options to roleplay. I had a question though, what accounts as orgy (like for Mephala)? Let's say you surrender to a group of bandits, would it count if they have sex with you one after the other, or does it only count when it plays an animation for more than 2 people? 

About suggestions, perhaps Vaermina could like if you rape sleeping people? Also, maybe Mephala or Sithis could like if you murder someone in a certain amount of time after having sex with them, but I don't know how hard would it be to implement. Also, in the lore the Hist helped the argonian against the daedra, and the original wintersun the Hist want you to slay daedra and never summon them. So perhaps in this mod the Hist could like if you have consensual sex with argonians, and dislike if you have sex with daedra or atronachs at all? 

3 hours ago, DelusionalDemiurge said:

Hello, first of all I want to say thanks for the mod, it's awesome. It fits perfectly with the original wintersun, and it's great to add more options to roleplay. I had a question though, what accounts as orgy (like for Mephala)? Let's say you surrender to a group of bandits, would it count if they have sex with you one after the other, or does it only count when it plays an animation for more than 2 people? 

About suggestions, perhaps Vaermina could like if you rape sleeping people? Also, maybe Mephala or Sithis could like if you murder someone in a certain amount of time after having sex with them, but I don't know how hard would it be to implement. Also, in the lore the Hist helped the argonian against the daedra, and the original wintersun the Hist want you to slay daedra and never summon them. So perhaps in this mod the Hist could like if you have consensual sex with argonians, and dislike if you have sex with daedra or atronachs at all? 

I use Sex Lab Eager NPC's (SLEN) to start most of my sexual encounters, though there are other mods here that can do that as well, and if you have enough possible partners who like you well enough, you can choose the option "Let's see if we can get some group sex going in this place." to start an all out orgy in a location.  With multiple pairs, threesomes or more going on in the same area at the same time. 

I do not know how this Wintersun add-on counts that, but I believe that having a threesome or larger counts as an orgy.  Not sure about a group taking turns, that would be up to how the mod author implemented that.

On 1/9/2022 at 1:10 AM, DelusionalDemiurge said:

Thank you! :) It counts animations with more than two people. No information is stored between consecutive scenes, so they are evaluated individually.

On 1/9/2022 at 1:10 AM, DelusionalDemiurge said:

I'm not sure if detecting sleep is possible in this case. Nothing about Vaermina seems straight-forward to implement as a game mechanic. :( I like the other suggestions though. Not sure if Sithis should care about sex at all, I don't quite understand that deity. Hist ones are plain and simple, exactly the thing I'm looking for! :D

I've been away from Skyrim for a while now, hence no updates here. I'm thinking about making the mod more flexible in general, with customizable settings for each deity, but that would require a total rewrite. I'll have to plan things ahead to not mess this up.

On 1/9/2022 at 2:27 AM, kalador said:

I use Sex Lab Eager NPC's (SLEN) to start most of my sexual encounters, though there are other mods here that can do that as well, and if you have enough possible partners who like you well enough, you can choose the option "Let's see if we can get some group sex going in this place." to start an all out orgy in a location.  With multiple pairs, threesomes or more going on in the same area at the same time. 

I do not know how this Wintersun add-on counts that, but I believe that having a threesome or larger counts as an orgy.  Not sure about a group taking turns, that would be up to how the mod author implemented that.

Thanks for the recomendation, I'll check it out.

6 hours ago, PD_ said:

Thank you! :) It counts animations with more than two people. No information is stored between consecutive scenes, so they are evaluated individually.

I'm not sure if detecting sleep is possible in this case. Nothing about Vaermina seems straight-forward to implement as a game mechanic. :( I like the other suggestions though. Not sure if Sithis should care about sex at all, I don't quite understand that deity. Hist ones are plain and simple, exactly the thing I'm looking for! :D

I've been away from Skyrim for a while now, hence no updates here. I'm thinking about making the mod more flexible in general, with customizable settings for each deity, but that would require a total rewrite. I'll have to plan things ahead to not mess this up.

I see, thanks.

Well, in vanilla as a vampire you could only feed on people that were sleeping, so maybe it could be detected in a similar way. But you're right, Vaermina is not precisely a very sex-oriented prince. Neither is Sithis, just thought that adding something murder-related to it would be fitting. 

Souns interesting. However you make the mod, I'm sure it'll be cool. Good luck. 

11 hours ago, PD_ said:

Animations which have someone asleep often have an "Unconscious" or "Knocked Out" tag, so you could check for that. Some mods will select on this tag at the right time, for example Defeat will play these animations if someone went unconscious according to one of its mechanics.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
On 12/24/2020 at 7:19 AM, PD_ said:

Hmm, idk, never played with SLEN. What does it do to mess up the favor?

It works on my mod load.  My PC gets lovers comfort from multiple partner events with SLEN; though I don't have this mod.

My problem just started with Prison Overhaul (POP).  When I comit a sex crime initiated by Sexlab Sexual Fame (SLSF) by being a public slut, I lose Dibella (which is correct) and can't reacquire her at a shrine (which is not correct).  Before POP I could get her back.  Loaded POP and cannot get her back.  I was looking for a solution when I came across this post and thought you should know lovers comfort works with SLEN without this mod.

I'm wondering if this mod will fix my issue with regaining Dibella?

On 5/6/2022 at 2:56 PM, remodel said:

It works on my mod load.  My PC gets lovers comfort from multiple partner events with SLEN; though I don't have this mod.

My problem just started with Prison Overhaul (POP).  When I comit a sex crime initiated by Sexlab Sexual Fame (SLSF) by being a public slut, I lose Dibella (which is correct) and can't reacquire her at a shrine (which is not correct).  Before POP I could get her back.  Loaded POP and cannot get her back.  I was looking for a solution when I came across this post and thought you should know lovers comfort works with SLEN without this mod.

I'm wondering if this mod will fix my issue with regaining Dibella?

Thanks for letting me know. :)

This mod doesn't change anything about following deities, but it has an option to set your current deity in MCM. Should help in your case.

EDIT: Maybe POP modifies Dibella's shrine and breaks Wintersun? You can try loading it after POP or checking with xEdit.

Edited by PD_
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey! First of all I wanted to say thank you very much for this mod!

I absolutely love playing with this and it is now a must-have in my load order every time. I only wish there was a little bit more MCM control.  I like the option to chose whether Dibella cares about bestiality or not. I wish there were a few more options like that for others.

For example, in your mod the worshippers of Molag Bal are assumed to be rapists and I can absolutely see the logic in that. However, some of the roleplaying I do involves daughter of coldharbour style roleplay where my molag bal worshippers, having been 'traditionally' transformed by Molag Bal himself go out into the world to encourage others to enact the will of Molag Bal (they are missionaries on a conversion mission) and they do that by deliberately putting themselves into vulnerable situations to trigger NPCs to pursue them with other mods (defeat, adventures etc.). and it makes it really hard any time Molag Bal is displeased with them for essentially encouraging others.  I had a similar problem with a succubus style roleplay where it was the same idea and my db would hunt not by seducing, but by tempting rapists (because then she didn't care about eating them, they are bad men anyways lol)

Having a similar toggle as for Dibella on whether Molag Bal likes or dislikes the worshiper being a victim could make a big difference for these kinds of roleplays. 

If implementing something like this is possible, that would be absolutely awesome! ❤️

Alternatively, is it possible to maybe have a guide on tweaking those values ourselves? 

In any case, thanks again for an awesome mod!

16 hours ago, forgottenmyname said:

Hey! First of all I wanted to say thank you very much for this mod!

I absolutely love playing with this and it is now a must-have in my load order every time. I only wish there was a little bit more MCM control.  I like the option to chose whether Dibella cares about bestiality or not. I wish there were a few more options like that for others.

For example, in your mod the worshippers of Molag Bal are assumed to be rapists and I can absolutely see the logic in that. However, some of the roleplaying I do involves daughter of coldharbour style roleplay where my molag bal worshippers, having been 'traditionally' transformed by Molag Bal himself go out into the world to encourage others to enact the will of Molag Bal (they are missionaries on a conversion mission) and they do that by deliberately putting themselves into vulnerable situations to trigger NPCs to pursue them with other mods (defeat, adventures etc.). and it makes it really hard any time Molag Bal is displeased with them for essentially encouraging others.  I had a similar problem with a succubus style roleplay where it was the same idea and my db would hunt not by seducing, but by tempting rapists (because then she didn't care about eating them, they are bad men anyways lol)

Having a similar toggle as for Dibella on whether Molag Bal likes or dislikes the worshiper being a victim could make a big difference for these kinds of roleplays. 

If implementing something like this is possible, that would be absolutely awesome! ❤️

Alternatively, is it possible to maybe have a guide on tweaking those values ourselves? 

In any case, thanks again for an awesome mod!

Thanks for the feedback! :) This mod could use more customization options indeed.

Right now all favor gains/losses are coded in a single script function that checks the ID of the deity first and then does other checks and calculation specific to that deity. I included a comment next to each deity ID in the script with the name of that deity, so you can find the section you're interested in fairly easily. If you know how to edit and compile papyrus scripts, you can modify it.

I've been thinking about a more flexible set of rules that could be fully customized for each deity. Most of it is easy to implement, but I have some more specific things like race checks for a few deities too. Not sure what to do with them. :confused: Make a favorable and unfavorable race lists for each deity? Seems a bit overcomplicated. :D