Obliviated....

jaxxl

My first elder scrolls game was Skyim LE. Then Morrowind, and then Oblivion. Morrowind is good for hacking n slashing(especially in beginning when, that old guy asks MC about his traits/appearance - yup, the one with 

*i should've killed you earlier! xD )

Skyrim is best of all Elder Scroll games I've played, but Oblivion.... a tale of endless suffering... both for MC and, for player itself(personal experience). Installing mods in Skyrim is pain, no doubt. But, its worth it. As for Oblivion, best i managed to do was, to make old emperor jack off in prison before gettin' nonstop CTD. Also, graphics in Oblivion r terrible, as compared to Skyrim (- - ; ) 

So, is it impossible for an regular Skyrim player to enjoy a "perfectly modded" Oblivion ? As, in one week i got over 20 mods installed and working quite nicely in Skyrim. But.. for Oblivion, it took just 5 days to turn it totally unplayable (* * )

Most people think if they have modded one game they can all Bethesda games.

I am sure in Skyrim you started with 1-2 Mods and you played the game and then you installed the next Mod ,....

And then people think they know all about Modding and in Oblivion or Morrowind  they "want it all and want it now"  , and they install 10 Mods at once, ....  "Oh why I get CDTs????

And you played Morrowind and say Oblivion's graphicis  terrible ????  Please tell me where you bought your Morrowind version.

Morrowing. Best Main quest. Best and most guilds, best armor clothes system ( Yes you have clothes under the armor ) , best skill and magic system.
And if you were a member of a guild, it affected other guilds. In Oblivion and Skyrim you can join all guilds and factions (In Skyrim you can kill the boss of the Stormcloaks and then join the Stormcloaks .

Oblivion: a bad Morrowind with better grapfic. Everything that existed in Morrowind was reduced, cropped and simplified. ( Fuck Quest marker )  But it was still OK.

Skyrim: worst of the 3 games, but with the best graphic.  Again Bethesda reduced, cropped and simplified. I played Skyrim about 8 month and I will never play it again. But maybe I will play Morrowind again.

I would still buy a game with Morrowind graphic if the game is good ( Quest, roleplay, skill and magic system ).  But I would never buy a game  because it has stunning graphic.

---------------------

If you want to play Oblivion start with 1-2 Mod (After you have tested the game without Mod. Yes there are people who never started the game without mods. They install 10+ Mods start the game and it did not work, then they search a week what they did wrong before they recognize that the base game did not work. )

And when you start with Lovers install one Mod and test. And do all the settings you want.  If you install more Lovers Mods at once you do not know what each Mod change and causes in your game, which spells are from which Mod.  Several settings spell and ini,....

You should install Lover when you have a working modded game. ( Quest- , armor-, clothes-, .. Mods )

And the Lovers pregnancy System (Tamag) you should install when you have your final modded game with Lovers Mods,  because you should not change the Load order after you started Tamago.  ( When you change the Load order ( add or remove Mod) you must reset Tamago ( all children in game will be removed ) .

And you can play Oblivion with 254 Mods (esp/esp ) with about one CTD a week ( if you play every day ).  You must only lear how to Mod Oblivion ( Not try to use your Skyrim modding knowledge with Oblivion )  And sort your Mod and clean your Mods.  

e.g.

If you use LOOT to sort Oblivion you will get CTDs.

If you use Nexus Modmanger to install Lovers Mods .... Lovers will not work.

If you have installed the game in  C : / program files (x86) ... nearly nothing will work.

#####################

EDIT

How many Mods you had after 5 days in Oblivion ?

In Skyrim you had 20 in one week. So in Oblivion it should be 10 in 5 days.... but I bet you had more than 20.

In my opinion there must be a way to enjoy a perfectly modded Oblivion. There should be modding guides available as they are for Skyrim. But unfortunately I experienced the same.

I have a more or less good modded Skyrim and thought: Why don't I try to mod Oblivion? But it was not as easy as I thought and I gave up soon. I don't have the time and the endurance to go through the same as with Skyrim.

I know this is not helpful. But maybe it helps to share your pain ?

58 minutes ago, fejeena said:

And you played Morrowind and say Oblivion's graphicis  terrible ????  Please tell me where you bought your Morrowind version.

Steam. Though i never used MODS with Morrowind. Just god mode n weapon cheat, that's all. 
havin' played old NES/SEGA games, i couldn't care less about graphics as long as it contains good fighting/RPG elements. That's more than enough.

Oblivion however, is whole another thing, as it has just as potential as Skyrim, if not for crappy graphics N hell to install mods, only to re-install the game all over again (and again).

Skyrim: worst of the 3 games

The amount of possibilities that mods add to Skyrim R (almost) infinite. Took one month but now i have fully modded Skyrim with 190+ mods without ANY CTD, installed through Mod Organizer.

Let that sink in....

But I would never buy a game  because it has stunning graphic.

Games R not showpiece or mere decoration for your desktop. They're meant to be enjoyed *thoroughly.

If you want to play Oblivion start with 1-2 Mod (After you have tested the game without Mod. Yes there are people who never started the game without mods. They install 10+ Mods start the game and it did not work, then they search a week what they did wrong before they recognize that the base game did not work. )

Not quite. I played (more like wandered) through vanilla Oblivion for an entire day before installing mods, from the day after. Nothing wrong what-so-ever. Was alright even after installing the very first mod OBSE. No CTD till then. Then started ONE-BY-ONE installation of Mods. Obviously you've Gotta make sure it works as-it-should before moving on 2 next. Already learned that much from Modding Skyrim, just 4 yr kind info.

And you can play Oblivion with 254 Mods (esp/esp ) with about one CTD a week ( if you play every day ).  You must only lear how to Mod Oblivion ( Not try to use your Skyrim modding knowledge with Oblivion )  And sort your Mod and crean your Mods.  

e.g.

If you have installed the game in  C : / program files (x86) ... nearly nothing will work.

In other words, waste another month installing 200+ mods ? not exactly tempting if it can't even display graphics equal to Vanilla Skyrim. 

I started using ENB just a month ago, only to increase my game's memory. Otherwise, The default Skyrim textures R more than enough to be enjoyed, even with minor non-enb tweaks. On the other hand, how much HD textures can oblivion possibly display anyway ? you forgot to answer this very basic question. I use Windows 7 x64 with latest AMD driver + 4 GB RAM. For a Laptop, this much is more than enough to run Oldshit like Oblivion, n Newshit like Skyrim.

58 minutes ago, fejeena said:

#####################

EDIT

In Skyrim you had 20 in one week. So in Oblivion it should be 10 in 5 days.... but I bet you had more than 20.

In my not-so-humble opinion, no one is exactly Masochist enough to store load of busted clutter in their game, on purpose, only to reinstall it all over again, while hoping perfect modification. Don't know about you, but i'm most certainly, not. Thanks anyway.

1 hour ago, druggy2011 said:

In my opinion there must be a way to enjoy a perfectly modded Oblivion. There should be modding guides available as they are for Skyrim. But unfortunately I experienced the same.

I have a more or less good modded Skyrim and thought: Why don't I try to mod Oblivion? But it was not as easy as I thought and I gave up soon. I don't have the time and the endurance to go through the same as with Skyrim.

I know this is not helpful. But maybe it helps to share your pain ?

No, on the contrary, Oblivion is quite limited in this regard. Best to enjoy as Vanilla only(or waste entire month trying to figure it out). Besides everything that lacked in Oblivion is more-or-less present or can be added through mods in Skyrim so it doesn't feels that bad. Either way, out of Fallout, Morrowind and Oblivion, Skyrim is our best bet for modding. Fallout is also great but lacks in-depth marriage options as in Skyrim. Otherwise it could be played as a sort of a modern version of Skyrim. Hope bethesda would take it into consideration some day... (; _ ; )

Hehe, I see that it's impossible to convince others as to what game's better than what... as it's heavily influenced by what game he played first.

My first was Morrowind, the crunch was messy but interesting. Around roughly 2005, the endless downward spiral of dumbing down started throughout all video game industry. Oblivion was at a very early stage of it. Some contents were cut compared to Morrowind, many compared to Daggerfall, but all in all I think it was an appropriate and acceptable sanitization. Skyrim... there were certain things I liked in it, but I hated some other aspects of the game... mostly the dumbing downs, but I guess talking about it here is pointless. I still rather prefer FO4 over Skyrim if you ask me what was the better beth game of the two.

OP, I kind of don't see the point of your post, so I'll just assume it's just a mix of some rant out of frustration.

5 hours ago, jaxxl said:

Skyrim is best of all Elder Scroll games I've played, but Oblivion.... a tale of endless suffering... both for MC and, for player itself(personal experience). Installing mods in Skyrim is pain, no doubt. But, its worth it. As for Oblivion, best i managed to do was, to make old emperor jack off in prison before gettin' nonstop CTD. Also, graphics in Oblivion r terrible, as compared to Skyrim (- - ; ) 

You're being unfair here. 1. Getting nonstop CTD is entirely due to your own inability and/or inexperience to install things properly. 2. Video game's graphics is subjective. Subjective as in-

• Arena and Daggerfall - they weren't particularly good or bad. Being 3D is a positive and negative at the same time. There were some awesome hand-drawn 1st-person dungeon crawlers at the time. But all the 2d 1st-person crawlers had the same camera problem that makes the users get disoriented all the time.
  • Morrowind had a terrible graphics even considering its time. It didn't even have normal mapping and smooth skinning. Their exterior graphics, LOD and memory management were good though. Same applies to Redguard.
  • Oblivion had an average graphics compared to other games of its time.
  • FO3 & NV were terrible in terms of graphics, which is natural because their engines were nearing eol. FO3 was slightly better.
  • Skyrim's graphics were about average too, just like Oblivion, it was neither stunning nor terrible.
  • FO4 had a mediocre graphics compared to others of the time.

The graphics aspects of Oblivion/Skyrim are more or less equal - both get some 3 stars out of 5. When you evaluate the graphics of old games, you compare them to other games of their time. Or you'll always end up giving much better score for the more recent games. Compare the original Skyrim, modded or not, to the recent dx12 / vulkan games and see how well it fares. Like pff... Skyrim can't even render 4 light sources... but I'm sure it's worth your time because you like it for many other reasons.

Is it worth taking time to install mods to make a 2006 game like 2012 game? I say it's worth it, you seem to be saying it's not worth it because it's still not a 2018-something game.

5 hours ago, jaxxl said:

So, is it impossible for an regular Skyrim player to enjoy a "perfectly modded" Oblivion ? As, in one week i got over 20 mods installed and working quite nicely in Skyrim. But.. for Oblivion, it took just 5 days to turn it totally unplayable (* * )

No one can answer this question (if this was a question at all) because no one knows what a regular Skyrim user is or what a perfectly modded Oblivion is. You seem to be thinking you're representing the regular player of Skyrim - most people tend to think that they're the very representation of average, no shame about it. But I never know how capable you are. I mean you don't even know how to troubleshoot CTDs. But I do think you're one of the many who want it all and want it now. It's not a good idea.

Also, I've played Oblivino for a long time and still don't know what a perfect state of modding is. Does it mean a stable game that doesn't crash? If so, I achieved it some 8 years ago. It's pretty easy... I didn't need any guide. Just having common sense, taking precautions, reading and some learning. This will take time, and I think you will define it as a waste of time. You're very consistent about this part.

My definition of average Oblivion player - at 2019 - is a veteran player who's played the game for many  years and liked it enough that decided to linger in the Oblivion forum even in the closing days of 2010's. For them it is very much possible. For you it doesn't seem like possible. Have you ever even considered doing Oblivion for more than a month? Unless you're up for playing a long game, no it's not possible for you and it's not worth your time.

Again, most 'fresh new' Oblivion players seem to last less than a week and give up, and tend to throw a few words of curse as to 'how terrible the game was' before they leave, no shame about it, you're about average in this regard. I too, tend to judge other moddable games based on my TES game experience. Except I do not curse them. Every different game has different background.

Just remember that Oblivion was considered THE modding video game before Skyrim. Beth gained experience from Oblivion, learned from its successes, failures and its mods, and then made Skyrim. In addition to that, TES community had a very good start with Skyrim modding thanks to their Oblivion experience, just like Oblivion had with Morrowind experience. Even if you can't like the game, you can respect its historical value.

In other words, waste another month installing 200+ mods ? not exactly tempting if it can't even display graphics equal to Vanilla Skyrim. 

You said you did the same in Skyrim, you "waste one month" to get your Modded game.

Oblivion is a new game so you will need a month to get a modded Oblivion.  Why do you thing you can get it faster ? Because you had modded Skyrim ?

That's what I tried to explain in my post, New game = new modding.

If you you want a Oblivion with 190+ Mods without crashes you must use Oblivion modding.

If you want to use Oblivion with 190+ Mod in a week with your Skyrim modding knowledge you will get a game with CTDs .

So your decision what you want.

And most Mods you have in Skyrim are Oblivion Mods , converted to Skyrim Mods.
And if you have checked the Download section here at LL and Nexus and other paged you get so many Mods that you can not play all in your life.
A lot of good quest Mods, new worlds, different combat systems ( Power attacks with effect in Manga style or cut bodies in pieces or two weapon fight ,... ) and countless ENB if you want better graphic.  And of course high res textures packs.

Of course almost all you get in Oblivion you get in Skyrim,  ( all the converted Oblivion Mods)
Yes Skyrim has the better graphic.
Oblivion is the better vanilla game.
The modded games can be all you want.
So if you want the better graphic play Skyrim.
If you modd Oblivion do not try to create your modded Skyrim. Why ? That's boring.  Play quest Mods you do not get in Skyrim.

OK Morrowind had not so many Mods and the sex Mods were very limited ( but funny)  . Think I never used more than 100 Mods. At the time I did not use any armor mods, just quests and new islands and worlds, Kids for Morrowind,  beautifications, Sex Mods.

Some new worlds Mods were very good, with crafting system, wood cutting , Sheep shearing, ...  There were many Mods for better atmosphere ( like Seagulls on the coast )
And many Morrowind Mods were ported to Oblivion and some years later to Skyrim.

5 hours ago, movomo said:

My definition of average Oblivion player - at 2019 - is a veteran player who's played the game for many  years and liked it enough that decided to linger in the Oblivion forum even in the closing days of 2010's. For them it is very much possible.

Ha ha, - that sounds very much like me.  I played Morrowind for hundreds of hours and then gave Oblivion a try and somehow the game captured my heart and here I am still playing Oblivion.  The game does want knowing if you're going to mod it, but it's worth it.  And yes there are plenty of bad and buggy mods out there, but after a while it's possible to sort the good ones, - the 'keepers', - from the trash.

I've watched my grownup daughter play Skyrim on her Playstation a good few times and yes the graphics are really good, but everybody in the game world looks the same and it's impossible to tell a High Elf apart from a Bosmer or even a Dunmer.  Humans are worse and everybody looks dead miserable as well.  I've always been a PC gamer and since Skyrim is only available on Steam that serves to make me even less interested in playing the game than I was to start with.

Getting Oblivion to run nicely on modern hardware can be a bit of a learning curve which isn't helped any by Windows and its rogue rundll32 issue with older games, but it can be done.  And how much better graphics do you want anyway?  On a modernish graphics card the game world looks pretty darn reasonable in my opinion, - certainly enough for me to feel immersed in the gameworld.

15 hours ago, movomo said:

OP, I kind of don't see the point of your post, so I'll just assume it's just a mix of some rant out of frustration.

Personal experience. Nothing more. Nothing less.

You're being unfair here. 1. Getting nonstop CTD is entirely due to your own inability and/or inexperience to install things properly. 2. Video game's graphics is subjective. Subjective as in-

• Arena and Daggerfall - they weren't particularly good or bad. Being 3D is a positive and negative at the same time. There were some awesome hand-drawn 1st-person dungeon crawlers at the time. But all the 2d 1st-person crawlers had the same camera problem that makes the users get disoriented all the time.
  • Morrowind had a terrible graphics even considering its time. It didn't even have normal mapping and smooth skinning. Their exterior graphics, LOD and memory management were good though. Same applies to Redguard.
  • Oblivion had an average graphics compared to other games of its time.
  • FO3 & NV were terrible in terms of graphics, which is natural because their engines were nearing eol. FO3 was slightly better.
  • Skyrim's graphics were about average too, just like Oblivion, it was neither stunning nor terrible.
  • FO4 had a mediocre graphics compared to others of the time.

Yup, waste an year or something to become more experienced, thanks but no thanks since we've alternatives. Why i deviated from good ol' Skyrim to likes of these... Oh well, one can never be too curious....

Besides, it is kinda unfair to insist bethesda to fix their game or update it with extra features since they don't give a damn. Marriage is lore-breaking 4 fallout. Are they serious ? can't enjoy some roleplay, not even vanilla options atleast ? as in skyrim that was further enhanced by multi-marriages mod. Sadly, even modding has its limits if the vanilla game doesn't contains that feature by default.

Still, Fallout is actually way better than Oblivion. Less mods to install. Less hassle. Though I never felt camera problem at all in any bethesda game. As for graphics, evidently, it all comes down to game's age. No big deal with Morrowind or Skyrim, as Morrowind, by default, doesn't seems to be meant 4 anything other than adventure/dungeon crawling. I'd personally just use cheat codes n done with it. Skyrim is painful, but rewarding just as much. though i must Thank bethesda 4 forcing their ridiculous RAM limit logic, they actually compel users to install ENB indirectly. Either stick with below 40 mods or install ENB.... way to ruin a perfect savefile. First clean all 3 game packs with TES5EDIT, then use proper load order so everything works. Nope, gotta install ENB too or enjoy CTD'S every 10 minute. I absolutely disagree with using risky stuff like ENB but, guess there is no way outta it. Though In the end, it all worked out quite well (surprisingly). Now I can play Skyrim for hours without hitting CTD.

Like pff... Skyrim can't even render 4 light sources... but I'm sure it's worth your time because you like it for many other reasons.

Is it worth taking time to install mods to make a 2006 game like 2012 game? I say it's worth it, you seem to be saying it's not worth it because it's still not a 2018-something game.

Light what ? donna whatever you talking about. By all means, keep your light sources or whatever stuff to yourself, if you would. It's a pain to fix up way too much lightning effect at day and way too little light at Night anyway, all thanks to ENB. Trivial side-effects but still a pain nonetheless. Excuse me 4 not being a Techno Freak.

But of course, best thing would be to just return my copy of Oblivion back to where it came from. No point wasting effort on a game with low return anyway.

No one can answer this question (if this was a question at all) because no one knows what a regular Skyrim user is or what a perfectly modded Oblivion is. You seem to be thinking you're representing the regular player of Skyrim - most people tend to think that they're the very representation of average, no shame about it. But I never know how capable you are. I mean you don't even know how to troubleshoot CTDs. But I do think you're one of the many who want it all and want it now. It's not a good idea.

Then don't bother. I don't know how much capable you R either. No need for over the top knowledge unless creating your own mods, which is a complete different matter altogether. Sheer Persistence is all it matters. In one game, just copy-paste mods to game folder, in other, be more methodical. Methods differ. But, if one doesn't gets suitable return for all the time (in my case, one month) they first invested in YOUTUBE TUTORIALS or reading countless info and then applying it all point wise, only to see a wreaked game in the very end, it's only natural to move on.

Also, do my personal experience sounds like i'm representing some sect like Imperials or Stormcloaks ?

I think NOT. 

Also, I've played Oblivino for a long time and still don't know what a perfect state of modding is. Does it mean a stable game that doesn't crash? If so, I achieved it some 8 years ago. It's pretty easy... I didn't need any guide. Just having common sense, taking precautions, reading and some learning. This will take time, and I think you will define it as a waste of time. You're very consistent about this part.

Simply because, one can't imagine wasting all their time in game modding only can they ? Lack of time, potential of a game being modded are some of most crucial factors to consider before trying to mod any game. How far it can be enhanced with mods ? For Skyrim, endless possibilities, for Oblivion, not so much.

My definition of average Oblivion player - at 2019 - is a veteran player who's played the game for many  years and liked it enough that decided to linger in the Oblivion forum even in the closing days of 2010's. For them it is very much possible. For you it doesn't seem like possible. Have you ever even considered doing Oblivion for more than a month? Unless you're up for playing a long game, no it's not possible for you and it's not worth your time.

Again, most 'fresh new' Oblivion players seem to last less than a week and give up, and tend to throw a few words of curse as to 'how terrible the game was' before they leave, no shame about it, you're about average in this regard. I too, tend to judge other moddable games based on my TES game experience. Except I do not curse them. Every different game has different background.

Just remember that Oblivion was considered THE modding video game before Skyrim. Beth gained experience from Oblivion, learned from its successes, failures and its mods, and then made Skyrim. In addition to that, TES community had a very good start with Skyrim modding thanks to their Oblivion experience, just like Oblivion had with Morrowind experience. Even if you can't like the game, you can respect its historical value.

I don't need a definition. Just to reconsider whether to start modding Oblivion again. Thanks for not-so-helpful insight. Now I really don't need to worry over nothing, since Oblivion can never surpass Skyrim. Skyrim has everything - enhanced textures, NPC, weather, outstanding imagery. Maybe even more, since it has only been 2 years since i first started playing Elder Scrolls, for time efficiency, best is to just enjoy Skyrim and indulge further in it. Until or unless some game that requires less time for mod installation and fully supports radical changes like Skyrim, finally emerges, i ain't gonna waste my money on anything else. I'd even buy mods for Skyrim if those brilliant mod authors so require,

simply because it's worth every single Septim.

13 hours ago, fejeena said:

You said you did the same in Skyrim, you "waste one month" to get your Modded game.

Oblivion is a new game so you will need a month to get a modded Oblivion.  Why do you thing you can get it faster ? Because you had modded Skyrim ?

That's what I tried to explain in my post, New game = new modding.

If you you want a Oblivion with 190+ Mods without crashes you must use Oblivion modding.

If you want to use Oblivion with 190+ Mod in a week with your Skyrim modding knowledge you will get a game with CTDs .

So your decision what you want.

Nope, too much a hassle. No point playing (almost) same game with different titles, newer is better, for retro, i rather stick with pixel games, no pointless expectation, no hard feelings~

And most Mods you have in Skyrim are Oblivion Mods , converted to Skyrim Mods.
And if you have checked the Download section here at LL and Nexus and other paged you get so many Mods that you can not play all in your life.
A lot of good quest Mods, new worlds, different combat systems ( Power attacks with effect in Manga style or cut bodies in pieces or two weapon fight ,... ) and countless ENB if you want better graphic.  And of course high res textures packs.

Thanks but i'd most politely refuse. It matters not what a mod's history is. What does matter is if it's worth it. Will you donate/buy it ? Will it truly enhance your game or turn it into nightmare. Skyrim has given me virtually everything. Even more than i could possibly ask for. I won't trade it for anything. For this i commend bethesda. For all their faults, they finally managed to create a game that can be freely enhanced, depending on one's own creativity. That freedom of depth Skyrim provides for mods, i haven't find anywhere and (possibly) won't find anywhere else.

So if you want the better graphic play Skyrim.

For once you're right :-)

OK Morrowind had not so many Mods and the sex Mods were very limited ( but funny)  . Think I never used more than 100 Mods. At the time I did not use any armor mods, just quests and new islands and worlds, Kids for Morrowind,  beautifications, Sex Mods.

Some new worlds Mods were very good, with crafting system, wood cutting , Sheep shearing, ...  There were many Mods for better atmosphere ( like Seagulls on the coast )
And many Morrowind Mods were ported to Oblivion and some years later to Skyrim.

No, Morrowind is good enough as casual RPG. Reminds me of those other 90's games that weren't most beautiful in graphics, true, but the gameplay they offered was simply astounding. I didn't knew about cheat codes or mods back then as they didn't need any. Somehow, it feels weird not playing so many hardcore games with God cheat or unlimited ammo. Hours of dungeon crawling, only to die and return to last checkpoint or worse, start from beginning....  All in all, all is well that ends well.

12 hours ago, foreversleep said:

Ha ha, - that sounds very much like me.  I played Morrowind for hundreds of hours and then gave Oblivion a try and somehow the game captured my heart and here I am still playing Oblivion.  The game does want knowing if you're going to mod it, but it's worth it.  And yes there are plenty of bad and buggy mods out there, but after a while it's possible to sort the good ones, - the 'keepers', - from the trash.

I've watched my grownup daughter play Skyrim on her Playstation a good few times and yes the graphics are really good, but everybody in the game world looks the same and it's impossible to tell a High Elf apart from a Bosmer or even a Dunmer.  Humans are worse and everybody looks dead miserable as well.  I've always been a PC gamer and since Skyrim is only available on Steam that serves to make me even less interested in playing the game than I was to start with.

Getting Oblivion to run nicely on modern hardware can be a bit of a learning curve which isn't helped any by Windows and its rogue rundll32 issue with older games, but it can be done.  And how much better graphics do you want anyway?  On a modernish graphics card the game world looks pretty darn reasonable in my opinion, - certainly enough for me to feel immersed in the gameworld.

If i have to choose vanilla, i'd even pay extra 4 Morrowind. On the other hand, for a game with greatest mods possible,  Skyrim covers all my *whims N fancies hence, was a immense pleasure to buy. As a University student, sometimes i need something Xtra 4 *relievin' stress. These two games provide just that lil' eye candy. Morrowind 4 pure hacking/slashing and Skyrim, for relishing an abundance of *nice extra slice. Oblivion is just sandwiched between them. As a fan of all lore-breaker mods ,  it doesn't seems 2 be a very good idea to proceed with it anyway. Rather i enjoy Fallout, Morrowind, combined as modded elements, with Skyrim. The freedom of Skyrim is matchless, afterall. Damn, now i feel like going back to mapping heights of High Hrothgar, yet again.

Just follow this guide and you'll be set with a stable game, good looking game, it's the first or second hit by typing "Oblivion mod guide" or similar in google ffs, if you want help modding this game, we are here to help...if you're just here to bitch about the game, because yes...go spend your precious student free time modding/playing one of the other "better" Bethesda games instead...nobody cares about your opinion.

On 8/1/2019 at 9:10 AM, fejeena said:

Most people think if they have modded one game they can all Bethesda games.

I am sure in Skyrim you started with 1-2 Mods and you played the game and then you installed the next Mod ,....

And then people think they know all about Modding and in Oblivion or Morrowind  they "want it all and want it now"  , and they install 10 Mods at once, ....  "Oh why I get CDTs????

Morrowing. Best Main quest. Best and most guilds, best armor clothes system ( Yes you have clothes under the armor ) , best skill and magic system.
And if you were a member of a guild, it affected other guilds. In Oblivion and Skyrim you can join all guilds and factions (In Skyrim you can kill the boss of the Stormcloaks and then join the Stormcloaks .

Oblivion: a bad Morrowind with better grapfic. Everything that existed in Morrowind was reduced, cropped and simplified. ( Fuck Quest marker )  But it was still OK.

Skyrim: worst of the 3 games, but with the best graphic.  Again Bethesda reduced, cropped and simplified. I played Skyrim about 8 month and I will never play it again. But maybe I will play Morrowind again.

I would still buy a game with Morrowind graphic if the game is good ( Quest, roleplay, skill and magic system ).  But I would never buy a game  because it has stunning graphic.

---------------------

And when you start with Lovers install one Mod and test. And do all the settings you want.  If you install more Lovers Mods at once you do not know what each Mod change and causes in your game, which spells are from which Mod.  Several settings spell and ini,....

You should install Lover when you have a working modded game. ( Quest- , armor-, clothes-, .. Mods )

And the Lovers pregnancy System (Tamag) you should install when you have your final modded game with Lovers Mods,  because you should not change the Load order after you started Tamago.  ( When you change the Load order ( add or remove Mod) you must reset Tamago ( all children in game will be removed ) .

And you can play Oblivion with 254 Mods (esp/esp ) with about one CTD a week ( if you play every day ).  You must only lear how to Mod Oblivion ( Not try to use your Skyrim modding knowledge with Oblivion )  And sort your Mod and clean your Mods.  

e.g.

#####################

EDIT

I think I will give Oblivion another modding try ?

23 hours ago, Risray said:

Just follow this guide and you'll be set with a stable game, good looking game, it's the first or second hit by typing "Oblivion mod guide" or similar in google ffs, if you want help modding this game, we are here to help...if you're just here to bitch about the game, because yes...go spend your precious student free time modding/playing one of the other "better" Bethesda games instead...nobody cares about your opinion.

Once a trash, always a trash. Donna about ya but I've got way better options than this old junk you oh so passionately fiddle around. Just a wild goose chase but sure, go ahead. Feels disappointing to waste even a single penny on it.... But well, what's done is done. Fortunately, i managed to return it somehow... As for that care for opinion thingy, since Bethesda themselves don't give a jack shit so i don't either.

Some people are just too stupid to install a game.
If they have the slightest notion about a game they mean that they are pros with ALL games and they can install all other games only with their superior knowledge and without any help ( no reading install guides and tips, becaus they know everything )  Because what works for one game, also works with other games . . .  it's the same game company.

And if something went wrong with the fucking game then the game is shit, trash, unstable,...  

It can by no means be their incompetence and ignorance, because they were able to install another game perfectly with their superior skills.

And if all they want is better or equal graphic than their current game, why the heck do they try to install an older game and are shocked and complain if the graphic is worse?

jaxxl, I'm sure you also know such people,  really bad, right?

EDIT:

But if you ever want to install this old junk game you can read my install guide again.  I am sure you have noticed the Link in my siganture while you informed yourself about the installation of Oblivion and how to mod it.

Have fun with Skyrim.

On 8/1/2019 at 12:35 PM, foreversleep said:

On a modernish graphics card the game world looks pretty darn reasonable in my opinion, - certainly enough for me to feel immersed in the gameworld.

I think some parts of the map are downright pretty. Having trouble with my system right now, but I enjoy playing the game with not that many mods. Can't say the same for any other Beth game- and I have modded and made a few mods for most of them except Daggerfall and Morrowind. I like the art style better in Oblivion, FO3. They were, as someone else said, better overall games.

I installed a character overhaul mod and I'm still deciding if I like it better than vanilla or not. Some of the human females look better, but the others like Khajiit and Argonians don't imo. I intend to make a new character overhaul- one that will put much, much more variety with the games characters. The only thing I can't really do is give them different voices.

4 hours ago, KoolHndLuke said:

I think some parts of the map are downright pretty. Having trouble with my system right now, but I enjoy playing the game with not that many mods.

I completely agree.  I very rarely fast travel simply because I enjoy the game world's landscape.

At the moment after doing a careful reinstall of the game I'm running 10 mods and none of them except OCO and a couple of AA and A clothing and armour mods make any kind of global changes.  I'm even using the vanilla body meshes this time around because I don't play my characters in any state of undress so there's no point.  (I am using a much better universal skeleton mod though)

As a character overhaul mod OCO has its problems and the occasional NPCs can end up looking a bit odd, but I'm not that bothered about it to the point of wanting to uninstall it.  I tried Enhanced Genetic Overhaul too, but wasn't entirely convinced by that either.

On 8/3/2019 at 1:48 PM, fejeena said:

Some people are just too stupid to install a game.
If they have the slightest notion about a game they mean that they are pros with ALL games and they can install all other games only with their superior knowledge and without any help ( no reading install guides and tips, becaus they know everything )  Because what works for one game, also works with other games . . .  it's the same game company.

And if something went wrong with the fucking game then the game is shit, trash, unstable,...  

It can by no means be their incompetence and ignorance, because they were able to install another game perfectly with their superior skills.

And if all they want is better or equal graphic than their current game, why the heck do they try to install an older game and are shocked and complain if the graphic is worse?

jaxxl, I'm sure you also know such people,  really bad, right?

EDIT:

But if you ever want to install this old junk game you can read my install guide again.  I am sure you have noticed the Link in my siganture while you informed yourself about the installation of Oblivion and how to mod it.

Have fun with Skyrim.

Not in the slightest. Do i need to repeat myself all over again... ? guess that's what an OLD JUNK is all worth for. One doesn't need to be EXPERT of modding, dunno why some dweebs don't ever get even this much brain is a mystery in itself. The thing is, for such stupid game, i won't even pay to anyone to mod it for me. Not a chance. You like dat fucked up rotten junk. Hell Keep it for all i care (or maybe not so it doesn't matter either way).

On 8/3/2019 at 10:58 PM, foreversleep said:

I very rarely fast travel simply because I enjoy the game world's landscape.

Best viewed in Skyrim naturally. Couldn't get any better.

As a character overhaul mod OCO has its problems and the occasional NPCs can end up looking a bit odd

Using Enhanced character overhaul in Skyrim gives me nothing less than perfection. Many East Asian friends recommended me to best enjoy Skyrim as all-in-one then wasting time elsewhere. it has everything Enhanced and beyond. Sooner or later, i'll upgrade my ram limit to take the immersion up a notch, with Special Edition.

A comment from thegamer.com 4 skyrim - 

Skyrim was quite literally a game-changer for the world of video games. Every open-world or fantasy game released since is compared to Skyrim, every game has been impacted by it. It's doubtful there was ever a game in history that became as much of a world event as Skyrim. For months on end, everyone dumped hundreds of hours into it, and then modded it until it crashed. Many people are still playing and still modding; it's the best-selling Elder Scrolls game to date. While the story is not as good as Oblivion or Morrowind, mechanically it's the best of the series, the visuals and detail are stunning, and the dragon fights and faction quests are harrowing and fun. It had more than its fair share of bugs and crashes, but the sprawling modding community makes up for Skyrim's flaws.

And, for the best classic RPG, ever -

While Skyrim and Oblivion feel like familiar fantasy settings, Morrowind makes you feel like you're actually on an alien planet. Morrowind also boasts what is inarguably the best and most complex story of any of the games, some of the best dialogue, the most compelling villain, and the music... my god, the music. There's no doubt that the Elder Scrolls series will continue to improve, but Morrowind will always be magical.

Most refreshing perspective compared to any shitfag out here. Since quite obviously, if talking strictly about story only, none of other over-the stuff, Morrowind most definitely beats all! no mods required, not even cheats, just pure RPG as-it-is! it's like an elven version of Zelda outstanding imagination, balanced and intuitive gameplay, heavily focused on exploration and is very very consistent

Bottom Line: Oblivion is just a filler. Nothing more, and most certainly, nothing less. For absolute gameplay, with best time efficiency, Morrowind, and to a great extent Skyrim are greatest choices of all. There R definitely other games i played that are way better than any elder scroll series game, but for RPG, none is as satisfying as Morrowind for pure, raw oldskool gaming, and Skyrim with best *eyecandy, ever~

I definitely agree about Morrowind.  My Player Character spent hundreds of hours exploring the gameworld and I doubt that she found everything there was to find, see or do.

As for Oblivion I guess we just have to agree to differ.  Oblivion captured me almost right from the start and yes I know a lot of it was rushed to get it out of the door, they cut out quests and they had to do all kinds of world pruning to it so it would run on X-Box with its rubbish amount of RAM, but for all it's faults I like it.

I do not disagree that Skyrim's graphics are stunning.  The first time I saw a river in Skyrim I got the feeling that if I put my hand into it my hand would be wet, but for all of that I don't like the game.  I haven't played Skyrim, but I've watched my daughter play Skyrim for a good few hours and I really have to say it's not for me.

Archived