Fallout IV for Beginners - V3.2.9 (Fusion Girl / Bodytalk)

Last update

Updating Status to '3.1.9'

Yes, page #1 was also updated.

Update for the upcoming 'Icons and Naming redone' (still have to patch the weapons for JSRS) and adding changes to prevent possible bugs.

Mods to RERUN

Bashed Patch. 

Removed mods:

Spoiler

PC

Anto Hair Pack                                                                       Clipping with almost every sort of hat or helmet.

Armor

Butterfly Glasses                                                                    We already have three good glasses in TAC. And it bloats the construction menu.

CROSS Chosen Of Atom                                                        Not needed anymore

Private Military Company                                                      Redundant

Private Military Company Hotfix                                           Not needed anymore

Private Military Company - Glowmap                                                   ''

Private Military Company Extended                                                      ''

Private Military Company - FG and BT3 Bodyslide Files                       ''

Building

Modular Kitchen                                                                   Gets replaced with a mod that got better animations

Weather and Lighting

Radiant Clouds and Fogs                                                      Can cause visual bugs and gets replaced

Armor and Weapons Override

Look At Me - Gunner Edition                                                Got a few problems

AKM - Assault Rifle                                                               Workaround not needed anymore 

AKM - HandmadeRifle Replacer with Tactical Sprint            Not needed anymore 

Final

Aylis Icon Patches                                                                  Gets replaced with the update

ADDED mods:

Spoiler

Foundation

Atom Cats Drag Race Start Fix                                             Bugfix

UI

FallUI - Icon Library                                                              Adds smaller improvements to my icons

FallUI - Item Sorter                                                                                             ''

?In the MCM you have to select 'Def-UI'. Otherwise icons will not show up correctly!

Textures

LC's UHD Commander Statue 

LC's UHD Deathclaw Egg

LC's UHD Fountain Ornaments

LC's UHD Fountain Statue

LC's UHD Kirby Head Statue

LC's UHD Mirelurk Eggs

LC's UHD Statues

LC's UHD Video Equipment

?4K seems to be the best solution

Teddy Bear HD                                                                     :face_bear:

NPC

(Optional) Robert Maccready                                               A better looking companion.

?Can be flagged as ESL.

(Optional) LC's UHD Bloatfly                                                I like this one more than the one we got atm.

Armor

Marine Helmet with Tactical Hood                                       Bugfix

Marine Wet suit Material Fix                                                     ''

Real Handcuffs                                                                      Even if you don't use other mods from here this is at least an immersion mod.

Osare Undies Set                                                                   Just a small addition.

[Bodyslide] Osare Undies Set - FG Body Slide                      Preset 

Sound

JSRS Sound Mod for Fallout 4                                              Huge improvement for weapon sounds

?Don't forget to install the patches for 'Far Harbor', 'Nuka World' and the vanilla weapons too.

New Sounds - Pull Pin                                                          Bugfix

Override

JSRS Sound Mod for Fallout 4 - TR Patches

?Install the patches for the vanilla weapons and the DLC weapons here.

Building

Renovated Furniture                                                             Replacement for 'Modular Kitchen'

Patches

Ketaros Treasures Enhanced Patch                                      Bugfix

Weather and Lighting

Clouds HD

Armor and Weapons Override

Modern Weapon Replacer - AKM - FOMOD Installer           Got the icons of this headache working (and naming works too)

?Handmade Rifle

?No LL

Colt 1911 - Army Pistol

?As the weapon is quite close i recommend to use the 4K option.

?I recommend to merge Colt M1911 - LvlList and Colt M1911 - TR Patch into the main mod.

Quests and World

Better Drumlin Diner                                                             The best version of the diner

Better Drumlin Diner - Hunkered Down Patch                      Bugfix 

Uploads

WIP

Checking out

Spoiler

Settlers at Hairdressers - Idle Conversations

Assignable Cooking Stations - Idle Conversations

Waiters at Settlements - Idle Conversations

Subversion - The Institute-Railroad Alliance Alternate Ending               Conflicts with Synth start?

Nuka World Transit Center Overhaul and Settlement                             Sounds good

Nuka World Plus                                                                                               ''

Raider Radio                                                                                            Adds something that was missing in NW.

Edited by Aylis
  • Aylis changed the title to Fallout IV for Beginners - V3.1.9 (Fusion Girl / Bodytalk)
2 hours ago, Aylis said:

@Jessica_Degurechaff

The skeleton is incompatible with CBBE, so this will only cause issues.

Well on that case, what Body do we use? 
I only ask because im far more used to Skyrim modding than Fallout, and dont know wich one of the mods i have installed so far is the "body" mod. (Im currently at the Sound group)
so i can know what im looking for while installing an armor mod

So i think is Fusion Girl right? so i need to look up for mods that are Fusion girl compatible in case i want to use them?

Edited by Jessica_Degurechaff
21 minutes ago, Jessica_Degurechaff said:

So i think is Fusion Girl right? so i need to look up for mods that are Fusion girl compatible in case i want to use them?

Exactly (and Bodytalk for the male body).

21 minutes ago, Aylis said:

Exactly (and Bodytalk for the male body).

Ok im a bit confused, i get that the Fusion Girl that we are using is different from the one on Nexus (i think)

But for example any mod/outfit could be used here with no issue even if its based on Nexus version of Fusion?

Edited by Jessica_Degurechaff
1 hour ago, Jessica_Degurechaff said:

But for example any mod/outfit could be used here with no issue even if its based on Nexus version of Fusion?

It will work. Just make sure the preset is for version 1.75+ of FG.

Something's brewing

Spoiler

This will be VERY interesting once modders get their hands on it!

Edited by Aylis

Mmh, im conflicted between having a bunch of my favorite mods (Animerace, Femout4 and a few more) that REQUIRE CBBE (or at least are compatible from the get-go and do not need more thinkering than load order)
or having the modlist working as intended.

In any case, besides the obvious armor mods, what do i need to remove in case i end up installing base CBBE? what i fear the most is suddenly having to scrap animations around

1 hour ago, Jessica_Degurechaff said:

In any case, besides the obvious armor mods, what do i need to remove in case i end up installing base CBBE?

Check the guide in the group 'Lovers Lab'.

But it is not simply done with removing a few mods and installing CBBE. You'll need quite a few patches and addons to get it to work with bodytalk. The kneefix for CBBE alone caused quite some problems (i never really managed to get it to work) and you'll have to set up different skeletons for male and female.

On 6/12/2022 at 10:35 PM, Jessica_Degurechaff said:

Mmh, im conflicted between having a bunch of my favorite mods (Animerace, Femout4 and a few more) that REQUIRE CBBE (or at least are compatible from the get-go and do not need more thinkering than load order)
or having the modlist working as intended.

In any case, besides the obvious armor mods, what do i need to remove in case i end up installing base CBBE? what i fear the most is suddenly having to scrap animations around

well.. this for the animeface femout 4 does not require cbbe, so if you use the fusion girl stuff, thats what it will use as well. it just race changes every male to female (simplified i know, but eh thats all it really does) so there are probably patches for fusion girl and whatever mod you are using. Bethesda hasn't milked the fallout franchise to death.. yet.. so theres a good chance the patch will work well. 

On 6/12/2022 at 4:30 PM, chabp said:

Allo

i see you dont use AWKCR and Armorsmith Extended.

So we dont need it !

no..

i still use it because of the weaves you can place on clothing to replace the armor pieces. And i can use one or two different workbenches to make stuff and nopt just the chem station. and make my own power armor pieces. but thats me. aylis does not want that in the list because of bloat in the mods. 

13 hours ago, jaeos said:

i still use it because of the weaves you can place on clothing to replace the armor pieces. And i can use one or two different workbenches to make stuff and nopt just the chem station. and make my own power armor pieces. but thats me. aylis does not want that in the list because of bloat in the mods. 

I can place weave on clothing, create PA pieces and i also got several other workbenches too. ;)

I'll be making a break for a few days. Don't want to get a burnout in regards to FO4.

Edited by Aylis
6 hours ago, Skjall said:

Is there some sort of initial setup before we start modding ?

I mean with INI/injectors/other such stuff, like we have to do with Skyrim? This part is strangely missing from the guide :)

not that i remember, although if there is it will be listed in the first 3 posts.

The guide gives you a couple options. If you want to use Start Me Up, then perhaps use it with this:

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/56984

Alternatively, you can choose any other variety of alternate start mods. There are a few out there. I personally use Synthetic Player. Doubts about the guide? Well, then you also have the option to not use it. Besides, it's a guide, not a "Definitive How To Play Fallout 4: My Way Or Go To Hell" manual. Do it your own way, or Aylis' way, or someone else's way...or take the parts you want and frankenstein your own guide. Don't like it, don't use it. Simple as that

22 hours ago, Mindgames265 said:

Just a note LC's UHD Statues have been hidden by the mod author.

here is the link for the direct download of the 2k loose. https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/59936?tab=files&file_id=235845

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/59936?tab=files&file_id=235846 4k loose

Links to download via nexus mod manager (or MO2)
2K: https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/59936?tab=files&file_id=235845&nmm=1
4K: https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/59936?tab=files&file_id=235846&nmm=1

Edited by cloudmc
On 6/2/2022 at 8:19 PM, DarthNyriss said:

When I played Skyrim I used Devious Devices, which was....(ahem) useful.  So I thought I'd try it here.  BUT...it requires AWKCR to run on FO4.  I know how we all feel about that particular mod, so I thought I'd look around to see how AWKCR could be removed.

Sure enough, I found a tutorial here.  It needs xEDIT, and changes to only two lines.  Poof!  No more dependancy on AWKCR, and anything that can be crafted is now done on the Chem bench under Utility.

Came here looking for a fg mod list to get started with (got some time off coming up and feel its time to try fg instead of cbbe)

I've used that tutorial myself, its pretty helpful, got a bunch of armours and clothes I liked off AWKCR with no problems. But you don't need to do it to Devious Devices, thanks to the hard work of naaitsab, who removed the AWKCR dependancy and added a bunch of other fixes and patches right about here:

It's been pretty solidly reliable, dispite my messed up load order.

On 6/12/2022 at 8:22 PM, Aylis said:

It will work. Just make sure the preset is for version 1.75+ of FG.

Something's brewing

Hide contents

This will be VERY interesting once modders get their hands on it!

As long as MS doesn't clamp down on modders, since they own the parent company of Bethesda now:(