Fallout IV for Beginners - V3.2.9 (Fusion Girl / Bodytalk)

17 hours ago, Aylis said:

@DarthNyriss

I've tested it before and can't recommend it. Besides FG and BT are used for the NPC and mixing bodytypes causes issues (only the standard vanilla body somewhat works).

I was hoping to have more of a diversity, but oh well.  I don't particularly want to convert back to CBBE just for that.

19 hours ago, Aylis said:

@DarthNyriss

I've tested it before and can't recommend it. Besides FG and BT are used for the NPC and mixing bodytypes causes issues (only the standard vanilla body somewhat works).

Since it changes only textures. It should work, but you'll need to patch all the skin textures for FG compatibility

Won't affect BT as they never got around to making this work for males. 

Yep, i had black parts in the textures with that mod installed. So i guess a patch is needed for it.

Testing the following mods atm:

Armament - Ammunition and Ballistics Overhaul

Armament Expansion for ECO

Armament - Burst Blast Impact FX Combo Patch (Removed Damage Edit)

Looking very good so far and adds to the immersion. Will be added.

Does anyone have a working link for the 'Side Aim Framework'? I tried to get it but the only link i found (discord) doesn't work.

Got the link working: Side Aim Framework

Mod seems not to work. Trying a few things...

SAF is still problematic. Finally got it working.

The new version of 'SIG MCX - Assault Rifle' removes the need of some patches. Sadly that means i have to rework my patch and start from scratch.

Three days (had to manually change every entry) for an effing patch... Running tests now to check for errors.

SAF finally works. Now we can aim in short, medium and long range combat with the same weapon.

Spoiler

Photo617.jpg.5268e7aed87b6bb4d86e312880fd6686.jpgSideAim.jpg.4bd22828502a4e296b5635026bff3a19.jpg

Patch is working too (i'll upload it with the next update - which will come in the next few days).

Spoiler

Original

enb2022_8_4_05_45_24.jpg.470c83d2ec0b9c5cccab5a6eba805b7d.jpg

Reworked

enb2022_8_4_05_48_11.jpg.9578d1882e06d1e8ca7da3dc67861da0.jpg

Edited by Aylis

Upcoming update

Mods to remove

Spoiler

A Better Bullet                                                                                       Redundant

Ammo Retexture                                                                                            ''

Biohazard Suit - Replacer                                                                     Now integrated in the main mod

Recruitable Settlers                                                                               Breaks precombines in some spots and conflicts with 'CC X02 Power Armor'

Recruitable Settlers FH                                                                                                                                    ''

Mods to add

Spoiler

LoD for All - Performout Edition OR LoD for All - Average Edition OR LoD for All - Ultimate

?You have to test which version works best for you.

(Optional) Another Pine Tree Forest Performance Textures

Armament - Ammunition and Ballistics Overhaul

(Optional) Heather Companion Patch (Original Graphic)

Luxor's Vertibirds 4k

FO4 HD Overhaul Vehicles SSR                                                             Fantastic visual upgrade for vehicles

Biohazard Suit Redux                                                                            Update

Biohazard Suit Redux - Fusion Girl Conversion                                          ''

Enemy Footstep Sound                                                                         Bugfix

Hit 'Em Where It Hurts (Locational Damage)

(Optional) Furniture Repair Service                                                        Why would you build something broken?

?Can be safely removed should you not like it.

Less Exaggerated Blood Impacts                                                           Moved

Side Aim Framework

Spoiler

?The included patch for the SIG MCX is NOT for the weapon included in the guide. Similar name but a different weapon!

1.1 Your choice

2.1 None

2.2 None

2.3 None

2.4 None

2.5 Your choice

2.6 None

2.7 None

3.1 None

3.2 Your choice

3.3 None

3.4 Your choice

4.1 None

4.2 None

4.3 None

4.4 None

4.5 None

4.6 None

4.7 None

5.1 None

5.2 None

5.3 None

5.4 None

5.5 None

5.6 None

5.7 None

6.1 Your choice

6.2 Your choice

6.3 Your choice

7.1 YES

(Optional) Auto open doors                                                                   Very useful for building your settlement

(Optional) Illuminated Billboards

(Optional) Illuminated Building Advertisements

(Optional) Radioactive Signs

X-01 invisible flashlight remove

(Optional) Various Power Armor Mod and CC Light Fixes                     Check if you need one of the patches

(Optional) Problems of a Survivor                                                          Questmod

(Optional) Problems of a Survivor - Non XDI Patch

HK USP - Armament Patch

SIG MCX Spear NGSW - Assault Rifle

?I recommend to merge the 'Update', the 'Lvl List Patch' and the 'PA 3RD FIX' (see 2nd sticky in the comment section) into the main mod.

SIG MCX Spear NGSW - Quick Loading

SIG MCX Spear NGSW - Real Time Cover Penetration Patch

(Optional) SIG MCX Spear NGSW - AMD Patch

?I havn't had a problem. But if you run into issues with scopes on an AMD Radeon this fixes it.

SIG MCX Spear NGSW - Side Aim Patch

Armament Expansion for ECO

Armament - Burst Blast Impact FX Combo Patch 

?I strongly recommend the version with 'Removed Damage Edit'

Better Landscape Grass

Checking

Spoiler

⤴️Moved up

Climbable Ladders - Workshop and Mobile                                         Replacement for JAL?

⤴️Moved up

Keep Radiants in the Commonwealth                                                   Bugfix

⤴️Moved up

Snapgasm                                                                                                  ''

Stealth Effect Tune                                                                                     ''

Recruit Framework

Nomads (Wandering Settlers)

Nomads (More Health)

?Can be flagged as ESL

Edited by Aylis

I've been using Better Landscape Grass with you modlist for ages (its been a staple in my modlists for ages).

I've also been using the "original" Keep Radients in the Commonwealth with out many problems (occasional ghouls kidnapping settlers) since that ass Rhys decided that at level 11 I was well equipped to go to Nukaworld to clear some location for him. F off Rhys. I'm a lawyer, I know more Latin than you. Will have to try the UFO4 version. For those that have started a game already, the first radient locations for quests may have been decided in advance of you even meeting the Brotherhood.

Minor issue found with Haul'd Out 4K - Warehouse - it replaces the the black stone floors and foundations in both Barns and Warehouses with a much more boring gray concreate foundation.

Oh, and theres been another update to luxor8071's Fallout 4 HD Overhaul, so thats another 60GB to download

6 hours ago, misterpipes said:

Oh, and theres been another update to luxor8071's Fallout 4 HD Overhaul, so thats another 60GB to download

Ouch!

This will take some time... Well, i got something that will make it a bit more bearable.

Spoiler

During testing the upcoming update I noticed some ridiculously high damage values for some ammo types from Armament - Ammunition and Ballistics Overhaul. @Aylis are you okay with this? Because for me it’s like cheating. One shot Raiders is kind of weird with a level 5 character.

17 minutes ago, kirmizz said:

During testing the upcoming update I noticed some ridiculously high damage values for some ammo types from Armament - Ammunition and Ballistics Overhaul. @Aylis are you okay with this? Because for me it’s like cheating. One shot Raiders is kind of weird with a level 5 character.

That would mostly depend on what you are shooting them with and where you are hitting them, putting a 10mm in their head and yeh no problem, they are going to go down, or should anyway, sure it may not kill if they are very lucky, but even then they are going to go down and stay down as far as this fight is concerned.

26 minutes ago, kirmizz said:

My Bad, had some load order mess with Armament - Burst Blast Impact FX Combo Patch (Remove Damage Edit ) and now it’s better, but still too high for my taste.

14 minutes ago, Varithina said:

That would mostly depend on what you are shooting them with and where you are hitting them, putting a 10mm in their head and yeh no problem, they are going to go down, or should anyway, sure it may not kill if they are very lucky, but even then they are going to go down and stay down as far as this fight is concerned.

Maybe I messed up again but 859 DPS with a XM4 seems still alot of damage. 

Got an issue with Cricket that I'm hoping someone knows how to sort. A face-body skin mismatch. This is with the Cricket Replacer from the modlist. And it only seems to be Cricket, check the other replacers, they seem fine. Not sure how to fix these when I come across them.

Spoiler

cricket.jpg.8c575a948f49056bbd2899dab650a0c6.jpg

Sorry gals to bother you again, but I have a strange reproduceible bug with the Sancutuary quest not advancing after getting some water for the settlement. Struges stick to his water comment and there is no progress on the food quest.

Sim Settlement 2 was never enabled in this playthrough, so I’m quite baffled to handle this bug.

Any help would be highly appreciated.

When you built water for Sanctuary, how did you do it? Because a water pump won't do it, you need at least 2 water pumps or a water purifier (and the generator to power it).

The Sanctuary quest is quite buggy (second only to the take The Castle quest in my experience), and you might need to use setstage to advance the quest (setstage min01 1200 or setstage min01 1210 should advance to the next stage of the quest)

11 hours ago, misterpipes said:

When you built water for Sanctuary, how did you do it? Because a water pump won't do it, you need at least 2 water pumps or a water purifier (and the generator to power it).

The Sanctuary quest is quite buggy (second only to the take The Castle quest in my experience), and you might need to use setstage to advance the quest (setstage min01 1200 or setstage min01 1210 should advance to the next stage of the quest)

Thanks for tip. I allready tried to build different Water sources and the progress is noted, but Sturges hangs in his line and the quest does not progress to the next stage. Even if I advance the quest with the setstage command, Sturge is stuck and still talks about the water.

So I'm really stuck. I think there is only the hard way and start to deactivate one mod a time to find the offender. 

If someone has a better idea, I'm all ears.

One possibly slightly out there idea - you didn't happen to have a companion with you when you started the Sanctuary quest did you? Companions can have some weird effects on some quests, especially if you dismiss or change companion during the quests. Which would be yet another reason for me never using companions, but I don't need more reasons beyond companions being more dangerous to me than enemies...

Unrelated, I've started a new game to try and figure out a fix for a think that keeps buggin me (I doubt I'll be any more successful than the far more experienced modders who have tried the same). Got to Tenpines Bluff, yeah, yeah, minutemen, raiders, corvega, kill them... wait, what, Walden Pond, uh, what? In nearly 3k hours, and dozens of games, it's always been corvega. I didn't even think it was possible for it to be anywhere else.

41 minutes ago, misterpipes said:

One possibly slightly out there idea - you didn't happen to have a companion with you when you started the Sanctuary quest did you? Companions can have some weird effects on some quests, especially if you dismiss or change companion during the quests. Which would be yet another reason for me never using companions, but I don't need more reasons beyond companions being more dangerous to me than enemies...

Unrelated, I've started a new game to try and figure out a fix for a think that keeps buggin me (I doubt I'll be any more successful than the far more experienced modders who have tried the same). Got to Tenpines Bluff, yeah, yeah, minutemen, raiders, corvega, kill them... wait, what, Walden Pond, uh, what? In nearly 3k hours, and dozens of games, it's always been corvega. I didn't even think it was possible for it to be anywhere else.

Just Dogmeat. After further reading it's seems to be a known glitch. Will try some suggested solutions, like do some other quests and stay away for awile from Sanctuary. The weired thing is, I started 2 new saves and in both I got this friggin glitch.

After more than 4 years absent I must have forgotten how bug-ridden Fallout 4 really is. 

And thanks again.

2 hours ago, kirmizz said:

Just Dogmeat. After further reading it's seems to be a known glitch. Will try some suggested solutions, like do some other quests and stay away for awile from Sanctuary. The weired thing is, I started 2 new saves and in both I got this friggin glitch.

After more than 4 years absent I must have forgotten how bug-ridden Fallout 4 really is. 

And thanks again.

After reloading a save before I startet the quest and setstage did this time the job. Stupid glitch.  

What would cause white floors?  I am getting them all over Pickman Gallary 1st floor.  I also had a missing texture for the floor in the Dunwich Borers which caused the infinite repeating look

Previsibines Repair Pack caused it.  Also found that we might want to move ultra interior lighting after immersive candles as some of the dust settings are set by ultra and then unset by immersive.

Edited by cloudmc

@Aylis  On the main page, you list the Projectile Rocket Launcher as a replacement for the Rocket Launcher.  Shouldn't it be listed as a replacement for the Missile Launcher?

Spoiler

image.png.7fa89fa921694c259b28f10ca44eef63.png

...and as seen in the Replacer fomod:

image.png.15f2748ac005512c8fe6b9b67a42c130.png

Also, this seems to be the only weapon replacer that you didn't list the "remove Leveled List injection"?  Is that an oversight or intended?

In any case, thank you very much for this awesome guide.  I've learned quite a bit following along.