Fallout IV for Beginners - V3.2.9 (Fusion Girl / Bodytalk)

@XIss

But you'll still have something like this in the menues:

[Receiver] No Receiver [Receiver] Receiver, Advanced

Redoing the icons is only a third of what has to be done. The text in the menues has to be reworked and the positioning as well (like having weapons in 'Utility' or NVG in several crafting groups). There's a reason it took me so long to create the patches for this guide... ?

Hmm, maybe i should use 'Reworked' instead of 'Icon Patch' in the names... ?

Change will be done in the 'official' release.

For now i can't recommend 'Fallout 4 - Point Lookout'. Even with the newest patch it still got quite a few issues (like broken precombines). And i heard that they lost a key-member of the team so patches will be slower to show up.

Spoiler

Walls just vanish...

enb2022_5_21_11_50_33.jpg.1d8974713972dbf6fe341e8bb8ade27f.jpgenb2022_5_21_11_50_29.jpg.4fe66ab5df8b5ad83985898fcbe1c4a4.jpg

Once they fix this i'll gladly add the mod to the guide (plus creating a patch).

Edited by Aylis

Small update for those interested.  Fallout: Miami isn't quite dead yet.  I'm not sure how alive it is, their media hasn't been updated for a long time with one exception:  they did announce a 'developer of the month', so we can infer that the project is still going in some capacity or another.

Fallout: London.  They look almost finished.  Any creator of anything new knows how hard it is to say "Right.  Enough.  It's finished."  I THINK that's the stage they're at now, putting the finishing touches on things and deciding once and for all what constitutes "complete".

And Bethesda has a one-page on Fallout 5.  Don't hold your breath for anything any time soon.  With all the focus on Starfield, Elder Scrolls 6 and some sort of Indiana Jones game in development, it;ll probably be sometime in the mid to late 2030s before FO5 becomes reality.  Apparently it's going to be built around an entirely new game engine, which means (if Bethesda's track record thus far is anything to go by) it'll be full of bugs which we'll have to live with until the C.K. comes out...IF it comes out.  And, of course, with Starfield coming out the modding community will probably defect in droves. 

So.  Here we are.  At least with FO4 and Skyrim we know where all the bodies are buried.  Can't wait to see how many patches and bugfixes Starfield will need.

Oh, by the way - does anyone know for sure if Skyrim Anniversary is worth buying yet?  I hear it's still causing modders all kinds of headaches.

Info-Update

Mods to be removed

Spoiler

Anton Hair                                                                            Clipping with almost every sort of hat or helmet.

Butterfly Glasses                                                                   We already have three good glasses in TAC. And it bloats the construction menu.

Private Military Company                                                     Redundant

PMC 3.0.2 Hotfix

PMC Glowmap

Private Military Company Extended

Private Military Company - FG and BT3 Bodyslides

Modular Kitchen                                                                   Gets replaced with a mod that got better animations

Radiant Clouds and Fogs                                                      Can cause visual bugs and gets replaced

AKM - Assault Rifle                                                               Workaround not needed anymore

AKM - HandmadeRifle Replacer with Tactical Sprint            Not needed anymore

Aylis Icon Patches                                                                  Gets replaced with the update

Mods to be added

Spoiler

Atom Cats Drag Race Start Fix                                             Bugfix

FallUI - Icon Library                                                              Adds smaller improvements to my icons

FallUI - Item Sorter                                                                                               ''

?In the MCM you have to select 'Def-UI'. Otherwise icons will not show up correctly!

LC's UHD Commander Statue

LC's UHD Deathclaw Egg

LC's UHD Fountain Ornaments

LC's UHD Fountain Statue

LC's UHD Mirelurk Eggs

LC's UHD Statues

LC's UHD Video Equipment

?4K seems to be the best solution

(Optional) LC's UHD Bloatfly                                                I like this one more than the one we got atm.

Real Handcuffs                                                                      Even if you don't use other mods from here this is at least an immersion mod.

Marine Helmet with Tactical Hood                                       Bugfix

Osare Undies Set                                                                   Just a small addition.

[Bodyslide] Osare Undies Set - FG Body Slide                      Preset 

New Sounds - Pull Pin                                                          Bugfix

Renovated Furniture                                                             Replacement for 'Modular Kitchen'

Clouds HD

Modern Weapon Replacer - AKM - FOMOD Installer           Got the icons of this headache working (and naming works too)

Colt 1911 - Army Pistol

?As the weapon is quite close i recommend to use the 4K option.

?I recommend to merge Colt M1911 - LvlList and Colt M1911 - TR Patch into the main mod.

Better Drumlin Diner                                                             The best version of the diner

Better Drumlin Diner - Hunkered Down Patch                      Bugfix 

Subgroup: Inventory reworked

Spoiler

Tags Extended                                                                  Update

Game Reworked - Base Game and DLC                           Update

Armor Reworked - Optional Mods

Armor Reworked - Integrated OR 

Armors Reworked - Combined

Item Reworked - Optional Mods 

Item Reworked - Integrated OR 

Items Reworked - Combined

Weapon Reworked - Optional Mods

Weapon Reworked - Integrated OR 

Weapons Reworked - Combined

Planned upload

Spoiler

Tags Extended                                                                       New version

Game Reworked - Base Game and DLC                                Official release

Armor Reworked - Optional Mods                                                  ''

Armor Reworked - Integrated                                                         ''

Armors Reworked - Combined                                                        ''

Item Reworked - Optional Mods                                                     ''

Item Reworked - Integrated                                                            ''

Items Reworked - Combined                                                           ''

Weapon Reworked - Optional Mods                                               ''

Weapon Reworked - Integrated                                                      ''

Weapons Reworked - Combined                                                     ''

Edited by Aylis

Checking a few more mods. I finally got a version of 'Family Planning Enhanced' working properly (including the addons). A recommendation with the links will be added to the group 'LL'. A patch for that mod will also be added to the item group on release of my patch compilation. Links have been added.

I combined 'Armor - BoS Recon Armor' and 'Armor - BoS Vertibird Flightsuit' into 'Armor - BoS'. With that we have the armors for the BoS together.

The next step will be to create 'Armors - Military' so that all (semi-)military armors can be found together. Military accessoires will stay in 'Equipment - Military Accessoires' and civilian clothing got 'Clothing - Wardrobe'. 

Earrings, watches and necklaces are still spread aroud. Those will get the new group 'Clothing - Accessoires' but i'm not sure yet if i repurpose the keyword of the already existing 'Clothing - Piercing Collection'. That would make Maibatsu's piercing collection non-optional (although isn't an earring a sort of piercing too?).

Using Maibatsu is the easiest solution. Otherwise i'd have to use another keyword and that would just shift the dependency to another mod...

'Armor - Military' is created and moved the items in there.

The PA of the CoA is hopefully fixed now (third time's the charm, right?).

Starting a new game to make the final tests for the reworked patches (will be some time 'til i get to lvl 110 again). If that goes well i can make the update and finally upload the files.

Added missing patch for 'Companions - Reset Home'. Will be included in the full release.

Edited by Aylis

@Aylis How script intensive is nac-x weather for you? I cannot load any save where there is any type of storms going on, i get a CTD. Bright and sunny, no issues, dark and quiet, same thing, standard light rain, it's a 50/50 thing, rad storm.. nope. I shouldn't be having any stack failures or vram issues, i'm running a amd 3900x and 2 gtx 2070 supers "kinda" in SLI/nv-link (one is tasked with rendering, the other is purely phys-x calculations. I might switch over to true storms and call it a day though. but i like the acid and blood storms nac does. 

@jaeos I personally run NAC-X with FPSL and it's tweak in the load order recommended by the FPSL mod author and it runs buttery smooth for me. I have a AMD Ryzen 7 5800 X CPU and a RX 6700 XT GPU and run the game on Medium settings while (mostly) following this guide. We may have a bit of a difference in systems, but figured I'd give my 2 cents that nobody asked for, lol

@jaeos

I switched over to 'Spectrum' some time ago. The added weathers of 'NAC-X' started to get annoying.

But when i was using it (combined with 'Ultimate ... Lighting') i had no issues.

Retesting 'Transfer Settlements'. Hopefully this mod will place the workbench into the right spot.

Spoiler

Photo602.jpg.5a728938971bacdb946e26abe84610ee.jpg

OK... It places the workbench, but the powergrid seems to be wonky. I'll wait a bit for it to settle properly, maybe it will fix itself.

Nope. Whatever i do the build menue doesn't recognize the workbench (out of range) correctly. Which is worse than having to manually move it.

Edited by Aylis
On 5/25/2022 at 7:12 PM, psychoqwirk420 said:

@jaeos I personally run NAC-X with FPSL and it's tweak in the load order recommended by the FPSL mod author and it runs buttery smooth for me. I have a AMD Ryzen 7 5800 X CPU and a RX 6700 XT GPU and run the game on Medium settings while (mostly) following this guide. We may have a bit of a difference in systems, but figured I'd give my 2 cents that nobody asked for, lol

i cant keep up with the letters FPSL?

@Aylis I will usually play a child of atom or use trykz asia mod which renders me immune to the rads. 

Oh and it was an issue with the police station i was trying to get to, up on the shore on a little peninsula past the power armor guarded by a assaultron and mr gutsy on a barge on a freeze issue. where one of the winter holotapes are. north of arcadia. But the refusal to load a save unless the weather is clear is the only thing i'm concerned with as a major factor. 

The animations for 'Modular Kitchen' require a pedestal so you won't float while cooking. This was always annoying.

So i'm checking out Renovated Furniture and Renovated Decorations. It does have the advantage that the kitchen parts, of the first mod, snap to each other (and the animations are fine). The curtains, of the second mod, are static and you can't walk through them. But the carpets are very nice and offer some variations.

Found another version of the 'Colt 1911 - Army Pistol'. While the 'Colt 1911 Moses' work fine they look a bit whacky. Good for decoration but a bit strange if you actually want to use them. 

The 'new' 1911 is working fine and will be added. Its a classic weapon which should have been in the game right from the start. 

Created patch for 'Colt 1911 - Army Pistol'. Will be included in the full release.

Edited by Aylis

Aylis

Thank you for continuing to tweak and add mods to your guide. It's so refreshing to see a guide author take the time to not only make sure things work, but fix the little ( ok to us) things such as sorting icons. Your skill and dedication at making all this work is why after 7 years FO4 (like Skyrim) is still being modded and played. A GIANT hug and heart felt thanks to all you do. We ( the community) owe you and all the modders (from your mod list) a debt of gratitude, and a level of appreciation we need never forget. Keep up the excellent work, please!

V/R

Cloud_1

I dunno Aylis, I;ve used Blueprint transfer without error several times.  Me being paranoid about makig mistakes, if it's s first time build I leave everything where it is.  I even pick up a can on the ground.  I choose my plan through pip-boy (there's two options under import I wont screw with.  Something about markers and I think the very last one.  I eave those blank and as long as I have all the mod requirements fulfilled, I pick a nice place to stand and watch things appear out of nowhere,  Now more times than not my workbenches get moved around, but I wait till it's all over before I go exploring.  It takes it's time....oh yeah...Ten Pines Bluff took forever (and it was one that only used vanilla assets.

About your power grid problem - the latest version of Workshop Framework does a few neat tricks - rewires the grid, it'll even make things self-powered so no wires needed.

2 hours ago, Aylis said:

I moved the workbench so that might be the problem for 'Transfer Settlements'.

Depending on how far you moved the workbench that could cause problems as well, I used to be able to move the sanctuary one down to near the river, but after one of the updates to fallout when I tried that the workbench vanished, it seems that part of the update changed the cell references, which in effect made moving the workbench too far from where it was change the cell it was in.

Edited by Varithina

@Varithina

Interesting. The distance i moved it is ~4 standard wall sections to get it into my crafting area.

I retested 'Transfer Settlements' before and had no issues. Now it seems to be a broken mod and would require an update. But seeing that the OA doesn't list it in his profile anymore i doubt that will happen.

Added Renovated Furniture. It got quite some items and i think it works better for us than 'Modular Kitchen'.

Sometimes the armor for the gunners isn't applied correctly. The overcoat is used but neither shown nor using any underarmor (aka they end up half-nude). There seems to be a problem with the used item slot in the mod 'LAM - Gunners Edition'. Working on a fix right now... 

Wasn't able to change the item slot without causing other issues. But there's another solution. Using 'US Marines BDU' and 'US Marines BDU - USMC Gunners' seems to be working well, my first few encounters with gunners were interesting and they now look imho just right.

Got to see what else, besides 'LAM - Gunners Edition', can be removed or changed to (Optional). So i'll do more tests in the next few days.

'Radiant Clouds and Fogs' can cause issues (flickering black stripes in glass and/or transparent textures). It will be replaced with 'Clouds HD'. Another little ? squashed! :)

Edited by Aylis

?

That's our Ivy... Doing whatever the f... she wants.

PMC is completely redundant and i'll remove it with the next update. It simply makes no sense to have several mods that add almost the same armors. Updating the post for changes.

Removed the PMC keyword from patches.

Edited by Aylis