Fallout IV for Beginners - V3.2.9 (Fusion Girl / Bodytalk)

30 minutes ago, Mindgames265 said:

It should work fine, I used it with my 1080ti when cyberpunk was more popular. I won't lie it was a bit of a mess back then, but now it's really simple to use as long as you follow with one of the guides.

Well I guess a 9 series is only one generation before that, so t might work for me too.  Its also a lower level within the series and mobile (960M) but that might just increase the usefulness of it because the card is slower and only has 4GB, hopefully without removing a feature that the software requires to work well.

13 hours ago, Mindgames265 said:

Oh and one more tip, if you don't mind a little bit of fidelity loss Lossless Scaling can ramp up your fps in a hurry.

I'll take all the tips I can get...but this is the first I've heard of "Lossless Scaling" so gonna have to do some research on it.  Learn something new every day since I started taking this modding thing seriously:)

9 hours ago, cloudmc said:

is it normal for me to have to add the Failed Lookup mod?  https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/26575

Havn't seen this mod and didn't need it so far.

It is quite an old mod and my guess is that it isn't needed anymore. At least with the stuff i got from the CC.

Did you run into issues? If thats the case i might have to add it somewhere...

The shop for the PSU is making trouble. I ordered it and then nothing happens, its in the overview but no confirmation of the order showed up here... I'll wait two more days before i order a new PSU from a different source (atm i have only a few minutes in a game before the old PSU shuts down the system with a 'power failure').

Added a subgroup for 'Start Me Up'. The mod 'XDI' is a bit wonky so i left that option out for now.

Edited by Aylis

When working on the armor bench I get LOOKUP FAILED without it on everything I think for the Paint Color option

Another issue I am seeing now, is I have to wait for almost 3 minutes from the ENB Screen to the Main Screen.  And saves take forever to load...

8 hours ago, cloudmc said:

When working on the armor bench I get LOOKUP FAILED without it on everything I think for the Paint Color option

Another issue I am seeing now, is I have to wait for almost 3 minutes from the ENB Screen to the Main Screen.  And saves take forever to load...

1. Can't check that atm (but i didn't notice something strange with it before). ECO is installed, right?

2. Thats usually caused by the precaching of the shaders. It should get better over time but you might want to check your settings for that.

3. The biggest impact, as far as i can tell, seems to be the loading of textures into the memory of your video card. To adress that you got a few options:

A. Have the game on an SSD or an NVME (which does actually help with games from Bethesda).

B. Using mods to reduce the resolution of textures (like Another Pine Tree Forest Performance Textures). 

C. Making sure that nothing limits/shares lanes for the video card (like using a NVME PCIE Adapter).

Edited by Aylis

Yep ECO is installed, I don't have any of the armor mods you do but I wouldn't imagine that would be the cause.  I did notice on FDI there are files from Nuka, are these needed or is it left from an older version?

I have it on a SSD, but it doesn't seem to be getting better, not 100% sure on that though.  Those textures won't work for the list I think since they only apply to the tree only file and I/we did the whole mod.

On 7/4/2022 at 5:13 PM, cloudmc said:

Yep ECO is installed, I don't have any of the armor mods you do but I wouldn't imagine that would be the cause. 

I did notice on FDI there are files from Nuka, are these needed or is it left from an older version?

I have it on a SSD, but it doesn't seem to be getting better, not 100% sure on that though. 

Those textures won't work for the list I think since they only apply to the tree only file and I/we did the whole mod.

1. That could very well be the case. The armors in the guide don't seem to have that problem. Maybe you're missing a patch for them.

2. Depends on the used mods. With SMU that might change (got to check that later).

3. You don't want to run the guide on an HDD. ;)

4. There are several mods available. The one i mentioned is for the trees we use and is only an example.

Found an interesting video about CPU and GPU combinations. For gaming there seems to be a limit how much CPU is needed for the resolution you game with (even when  using a 3090 or 6950 XT) when you have games that are GPU bound.

In the end you can use (for gaming) a slower CPU, save some money, and get a better GPU instead.

Resolution                  Maxed out FPS with

1920x1080                 Here the video card is the limiting factor.

2560x1440                 Ryzen 5600X

3440x1440                 Intel I9 9900K

3840x2160                 Intel I7 4790K

But if you have games that require some horsepower (like 'Anno XYZ' or 'Total War') it becomes a different beast as those are CPU bound.

I hope they do a follow up when the new generation of GPU's from Nvidia and AMD are available.

Btw. if you intend to upgrade an older Ryzen don't buy a Ryzen 5500. It is often enough slower than a Ryzen 3600 and the cut cache has quite an impact in comparison to a Ryzen 5600. Another thing is that it is limited to PCIe 3.0.

Edited by Aylis
On 7/3/2022 at 5:04 PM, cloudmc said:

When working on the armor bench I get LOOKUP FAILED without it on everything I think for the Paint Color option.

I had the same problem, and did a bit of poking around, and found that it appears to be full dialogue interface that is causing it, disabling that sorted out the lookup failed for me, checking the nexus page for the mod itself seems to give the impression it needs some more updating, don't forget to disable any of the patches that go with it.

Some results of ZEX-ZBG can be a bit off. Especially if you loot a downed enemy and it suddenly changes from 'normal' to 'chubby'. I recommend to create a mod with a modified INI to prevent this behaviour.

The pic shows the original file and the new mod with my changes to it.

Spoiler

1249398270_ZEX-ZBGModified.thumb.jpg.ad40941a833baf16b3fc35747580d88b.jpg

Added this information to the guide.

Edited by Aylis

hmm getting crashes still... Also freezing but my CPU / GPU are at 30%/90% after freeze it drops to like 5%/1%  On thing I noticed on mine is in I am able to clip through some of the front walls in the Taffington Boathouse

System:

Micro-Star MPG X570 Gaming Plus
Ryzen 7 5700G 3.8 GHz 8 Core
NVidia GeForce GTX 1660 Ti
48 GB Ram  (Have another 2x16 to install so it would be 64GB)

I take it back... my FO4 is on a spinning disk... ugh.... I'll need to upgrade that one (I was hearing writes and it was at 100% usage during a freeze)

Edited by cloudmc

It's been a long time since I play this game again. I deleted the mods before, and now I re-download them again. Now my game crash right at the menu screen before i press a new save game. It's buffout, isn't it?

Can someone screenshot their installation buffout folder? I need to know what it's supossed to be like. I can't understand why is this keep happening. There's no crash logs, I think I install it not properly. Even though i follow the manual.

Edited by Wapoww
3 hours ago, Wapoww said:

Can someone screenshot their installation buffout folder? I need to know what it's supossed to be like.

Not sure how this will help, but here you go:

Spoiler

Untitled.jpg.ddb5bd0e1031e37ab8a4f3a843299ff3.jpg

Make sure you got its requirements and, if i remember correctly, you had to deactivate an option in another mod.

I doubt i'll have to tweak the INI files for FO4 more than i already have. So i uploaded the ones i use. Maybe they will be of use to you...

Edited by Aylis

Minor issue between Better Goodneighbor and Creation Club's Neon Flat. A double double door.

Spoiler

neonflatdoor.jpg.fca8f13c70215100a6b9aa34e43f1f38.jpg

ESL-flagged ESP attached to fix it.

I'm dropping FO4 Revisions from my load order, it's trying to do to many things at the same time (but not quite enough to make it work). I'll probably just pull the bits I want out of it into a new mod. I think it was responsible for stuff like every enemy instantly going into [Caution] whenever I entered a building. And the damage type stuff is interesting, but I think it needs to be part of a bigger mod that adds those damage resistances to armour. Also, bashed patch overrides the promised 500 caps added to all traders.

RandNeonFlatsBetterGoodneighbor.esp

19 hours ago, cloudmc said:

With Luxor's textures, that mod quoted is irrelevant in the sense that Luxor has already textured the items in that mod above. However, you can combine those mods to get the look you want. I did that for a while, but then just stuck with Luxor textures because they look the best in my opinion. 

As for PRP, I personally use Commonwealth Regrowth Overhaul, which has it's own previs/precombines built in. I have used PRP and it works well. I just prefer CRO. It's all about preference. What looks good to me may not look good to you. However, since you asked for opinions, there's mine. Hope that helps?

Well said psycho, kudos to you. The key take away is getting previs/precombines correctly valued no matter what look you use. with out those correctly configured its like having a 3090 TI and trying to run it with a 750w PSU....

V/R

And to the OP yes I find Aylis's pick of Luxor's to be awe inspiring for its completeness

I've come across a bug that is probably specific to my load order. First spotted the problem in one of the houses in Jamaica Plain, the one with a nice dining table. You sink though the floor boards. Was willing to put up with that. Second location found is Taffington Boathouse (I'm not using Taffington Boathouse Renewal mod), where you just go though the floor boards of the house into the water. Less willing to put up with that.

Cause is Flicker Fixer 5.7, but probably only when mixed with settlement cleaning mods (Scrap Everything here). Removed Flicker Fixer, Taffington floors stopped being some weird shared hallucination and became real floors again. Flicker Fixer 5.6 also doesn't let you sink though the floor.

@misterpipes

Could you upload that patch in your own thread so i can link to it? Its easier should you have to update it and it doesn't get lost in the thread. Plus you'll get the praise something like this deserves. :)

The scrap mods have always been problematic and thats why i didn't include one of them in the guide. I'll take a look at the older version of FF.

@Cloud_1

Like @psychoqwirk420 said, once you used Luxor's pack it is hard to go back. I've tried quite a few combinations and Luxor got the textures almost perfect (there are only a few where i like a different one better), but they are somewhat demanding for the video card.

Mixing and matching different textures can be very 'interesting'. Especially when the game isn't really able to blend them. There are quite a few problematic spots in the game where you find clashing textures as the geometry is so low that they become clearly visible. I tried to reduce that as much as possible, but as long as no one reworks the complete geometry of the world there will always be issues in regard to that.

The biggest issue are obvious changes in the quality/resolution. If you have everything looking great and some parts are not so good then this is imho worse than loosing some FPS. It is like the small scratch that no one really notices, but it is driving you nuts 'cause you know it is there...

But i'm stopping to type for some time. My arms are killing me and typing is becoming painful again. 

9 hours ago, misterpipes said:

Cause is Flicker Fixer 5.7, but probably only when mixed with settlement cleaning mods (Scrap Everything here). Removed Flicker Fixer, Taffington floors stopped being some weird shared hallucination and became real floors again. Flicker Fixer 5.6 also doesn't let you sink though the floor.

Just curious, are you running Flicker Fixer alongside PRP? If so, I read somewhere that Flicker Fixer is obsolete when running along side PRP because the fixes from Flicker Fixer are built into PRP. Here is a link to some patches and information. It was written by the same person who made Buffout Crash Log Auto Reader

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/articles/3769

It's a good bit of info and who knows, you might find some patches and/or fixes you might need. Worth a look at least