Fallout IV for Beginners - V3.2.9 (Fusion Girl / Bodytalk)

8 hours ago, Cloud_1 said:

As long as MS doesn't clamp down on modders, since they own the parent company of Bethesda now:(

I honestly don't think thats going to be a thing MS does. They've owned Mojang for 8(?) years, and the only thing MS has really interferred with is switching the Mojang auth servers to MS auth servers. Modding is unaffected (sadly, since Minecraft really could do with a better modding interface), private servers still around, and all the old versions still as available as ever. Really does seem like MS actually understands what makes particular games and game studios successful, and takes a hands off approach.

Hey, me and my gf have spend the last week or so painstakingly going through each mod, going through the instructions, troubleshooting problems, downloading and installing mods on BOTH of our computers. Everything seems to finally be working alright except one thing. Everything from LooksMenu Customization Compendium shows up in menus, but selecting anything from it doesn't load onto the character. Does anyone have any advice? 

Here's our current load orders 

LoadOrder_Fallout4_2022-06-25T16-08-56.txt

41 minutes ago, DemonSlutAva said:

Hey, me and my gf have spend the last week or so painstakingly going through each mod, going through the instructions, troubleshooting problems, downloading and installing mods on BOTH of our computers. Everything seems to finally be working alright except one thing. Everything from LooksMenu Customization Compendium shows up in menus, but selecting anything from it doesn't load onto the character. Does anyone have any advice? 

Here's our current load orders 

LoadOrder_Fallout4_2022-06-25T16-08-56.txt 14.76 kB · 1 download

try moving to to the end of the load order just before the patch and icon compendiums. (or just before the bodyslide mod you create for your outfits) test and see if everything works, if it does great, if not, post back

side note. make sure you have the pip-pad patch for it installed as well (it should be below both mods)

Edited by jaeos

Started to update links in the guide (thanks guys ?).

SMU will be a bit trickier, have to think how to implement it best (propably gets a subgroup).

Luxor updated his textures. Redownloading ~60 GB will take a while.

If all goes well i get my new PSU thursday to friday. A 'Corsair RM 1000X' (Thorsten found a new one for the price of a 850X) should be enough for the next ten years.

Edited by Aylis
1 hour ago, Mindgames265 said:

Just a FYI, you still have us getting the chosen of atom ECO patch even though chosen of atom isn't installed in the guide anymore as far as I can tell.

Crap! Missed that one... Fixed

so random thing that has me scratching my head, when I try and build Female Mannequin (Fusion Girl) in bodyslide I get an error about it not being able to find it's reference nif (FusionGirl-ClothingMakers.nif) anybody have an idea what I managed to mess up this time?

Well I figured it out, didn't install the fusion girl body presets when installing fusion girl.

Edited by Mindgames265
more info

Just had a first go with this. Not sure about fusion girl yet, seems to be harder than cbbe to get a body I like. But I'll keep prodding. Also, for some reason the Female Sexy Sitting and Standing Animation Replacer standing idle drove me to remove it from my install. Looked like my PC was constantly trying to stop herself from peeing. Also cause a bunch of clipping on dresses. Which is weird because it looked fine on a cbbe body. Will have to try some of the alternatives lazman provides.
Quite happy to discover most of the clothing packs I use had FG conversions already, I'm really only missing one, and apparently thats in the works already.

About the guide:
You have a bunch of patches for Better Third Rail, but not Better Third Rail itself. Am I just blind or is it really missing?

Is there any reason why Just New Female Animations is down in Weather and Lighting section? Would have thought it should be in Animation?

With Improvised Adhesive missing, I've switched to Graf's Glues https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/38975

Right, off to recreate my workshop rearrange recipe correction patch, cause apparently I've only heard of the word backups.

1 hour ago, misterpipes said:

You have a bunch of patches for Better Third Rail, but not Better Third Rail itself. Am I just blind or is it really missing?

Typically, any "patches" for Better Third Rail are just patched versions of the original file. In most cases, you don't need the Better Third Rail mod, unless the mod page specifically says to download it

So I have learned something today, if your GPU has more then 10gb of vram just turn off forced memory size in the enb settings. I had been fighting texture pop in, followed different guides and suggestions. But I finally noticed via AMD resource logging the game just didn't ever make use of my vram. Did that and my texture popping issue went away.

@Aylis Not sure if I missed something but you still have old mods in your Icon Patches, a quick list I can see is;

NPC - Synthetic Variations Patch.esp

Override - True Storms Patch.esp

Utility - NAC X Patch.esp

Utility Vivid Weathers Patch.esp

Utility - Whats Your Name Patch.esp

Weapon - SREP Redux Patch.esp
Weapon - Syringer Overhaul Patch.esp

And one odd one;

Utility - Scopes Patch.esp - This needs 3dscopes.esp but that was renamed to 3dscopes-replacer.esp in mine

Switched to add instead of replace an that seems to be the right one.

Edited by cloudmc
On 6/25/2022 at 10:52 PM, Aylis said:

[...]

'Corsair RM 1000X' [...] should be enough for the next ten years.

1000w PSU is about as high as you can get before you run into 'fun stuff' on 110v powerlines, especially when they are decades old. So just going by the power envelope you would be fine.

However the atx3.0 psu standard has that 16pin pci5? power cable (12pin power 4pin data). Currently you would only need the data pins for any gpu drawing 450-600w, anything below 450 still can be done by 3x 8pin to 12pin adapter. Doesn't sound to bad, who is crazy enough to go for a 500ish tdp gpu right? Here is the fun thought. I can totally see even lower tdp gpus requiring those data pins within a couple generations, because directly communicating with the psu for the required power is a rather 'smart' solution.

@cloudmc

The patches will change 'a bit'. The problem is that 'FallUI - Item Sorter' interferes and messes a few thing up - so i have to rework quite a few patches and drop other ones.

Atm it looks like this (on my system).

Spoiler

Untitled.jpg.91622b3686a598226726713cec0cb9a7.jpg

Untitled.jpg.859c252676b74015508bcf62b71da170.jpg

The sound patches for 'JSRS' might get integrated. But that is something i still have to look at after i made ones for all weapons (want to fix all bugs caused by FallUI first).

@alaunus01

Thankfully we're using 240v here. ;)

The new standard would make almost all older PSU sort of obsolete. But so far i havn't heard anything about newer PSU (especially with the new stuff Intel is planning). I only fear that will make them more complicated and raise the prices too.

Hopefully there are some ways around that. Maybe cablemod will come up with something...

On 6/28/2022 at 5:36 PM, Mindgames265 said:

random question, any reason to not change out start me up with start me up redux?

I have been using it without issue on several playthroughs. It does require Start Me Up to be installed so don't remove that.
I prefer it as i like that it resolves some immersion issues when not playing a vault dweller. 

If you do use it, be aware that it also modifies the same files as the Full DIalogue Prompt patches for Far Harbor and Nuka World, so i removed those and put it in their place, as those patches are not needed since SMU-redux is doing the same changes

Aylis, let me start with the buttering up - wanted to thank you profusely for this guide, I use it extensively (with a few other mods I like thrown in as well) and of all the ones I've looked at since I started modding this stuff 2 years ago it's the one guide I continuously come back to.  Up to now I've managed to get things working rather successfully, having tried and ditched a bunch of mods (not in your guide) that sounded like they'd be fun, but aren't.  However I do have two questions if you have the time (and the inclination) to answer:

- How confident are you in the placement of your "Quests and World" section?  Several reasons I ask:  just about every other guide out there I've seen places the Quests/World mods more towards the middle, usually after body mods and presets, and I've had some really weird issues where, when loading a save, it doesn't always load either the entire quest, or parts of it.  Certainly not out of the question it's a different mod affecting that, but would appreciate your opinion on it.

- What's your experience with FPS?  Running with an i9-9900K CPU @ 3.60GHz, NVIDIA RTX 2080 (8gb and Overclocked) with 48gb of RAM and no matter what I do it seems FPS tanks my system.  Doesn't matter if I clamp it at 60, 58 or even open it up completely.  Oddly enough whenever the FPS tanks in game my video card in task manager is showing as .1% or less on usage.  It's about the one thing I can't get figured out and is driving me insane.  Everything about my system, on paper anyway, says I should be able to run this game without any issues where FPS is concerned.

1 hour ago, Ghostdncer said:

Aylis, let me start with the buttering up - wanted to thank you profusely for this guide, I use it extensively (with a few other mods I like thrown in as well) and of all the ones I've looked at since I started modding this stuff 2 years ago it's the one guide I continuously come back to.  Up to now I've managed to get things working rather successfully, having tried and ditched a bunch of mods (not in your guide) that sounded like they'd be fun, but aren't.  However I do have two questions if you have the time (and the inclination) to answer:

- How confident are you in the placement of your "Quests and World" section?  Several reasons I ask:  just about every other guide out there I've seen places the Quests/World mods more towards the middle, usually after body mods and presets, and I've had some really weird issues where, when loading a save, it doesn't always load either the entire quest, or parts of it.  Certainly not out of the question it's a different mod affecting that, but would appreciate your opinion on it.

- What's your experience with FPS?  Running with an i9-9900K CPU @ 3.60GHz, NVIDIA RTX 2080 (8gb and Overclocked) with 48gb of RAM and no matter what I do it seems FPS tanks my system.  Doesn't matter if I clamp it at 60, 58 or even open it up completely.  Oddly enough whenever the FPS tanks in game my video card in task manager is showing as .1% or less on usage.  It's about the one thing I can't get figured out and is driving me insane.  Everything about my system, on paper anyway, says I should be able to run this game without any issues where FPS is concerned.

Just my 2 cents, but as for the fps tank. I deal with it too on a comparable system 5900x @ 4.2Ghz, and a 6900xt with 64gb of ram. Now part of my problem is I play on a ultrawide, but as for the fps tank. I thought it was a script firing off but I have been tracking that and it doesn't seem to be, but in the same breath something is eating up a lot of CPU power at times. Like I'll watch the two primary cores this game use get saturated and my gpu load drop to 40-50%. But it's only in the open world. Oh yeah and if you are using the "light" enb try PRC X instead. I found it actually gave me better FPS.

2 hours ago, Mindgames265 said:

Just my 2 cents, but as for the fps tank. I deal with it too on a comparable system 5900x @ 4.2Ghz, and a 6900xt with 64gb of ram. Now part of my problem is I play on a ultrawide, but as for the fps tank. I thought it was a script firing off but I have been tracking that and it doesn't seem to be, but in the same breath something is eating up a lot of CPU power at times. Like I'll watch the two primary cores this game use get saturated and my gpu load drop to 40-50%. But it's only in the open world. Oh yeah and if you are using the "light" enb try PRC X instead. I found it actually gave me better FPS.

No kidding?  I've tried multiple ENB's (which is what I figured might be part of the FPS culprit) all of which were chosen based on the "light" description.  I originally went with Reactor, and whereas it LOOKED great, it nuked the FPS so badly that it looked great as far as looking at a picture goes...not for playing a game.  I by no means think ENB is the only problem, and it never occured to me to give PRC X a shot since it looked to be much more complicated.  But I'll take it out for a test drive when I'm done rebuilding Fallout 4 yet again. (rebuild due to a couple of those afore mentioned "sounded like fun but wasn't" mods)

'Preciate the tip!

1 hour ago, Ghostdncer said:

No kidding?  I've tried multiple ENB's (which is what I figured might be part of the FPS culprit) all of which were chosen based on the "light" description.  I originally went with Reactor, and whereas it LOOKED great, it nuked the FPS so badly that it looked great as far as looking at a picture goes...not for playing a game.  I by no means think ENB is the only problem, and it never occured to me to give PRC X a shot since it looked to be much more complicated.  But I'll take it out for a test drive when I'm done rebuilding Fallout 4 yet again. (rebuild due to a couple of those afore mentioned "sounded like fun but wasn't" mods)

'Preciate the tip!

Oh and one more tip, if you don't mind a little bit of fidelity loss Lossless Scaling can ramp up your fps in a hurry.

26 minutes ago, Mindgames265 said:

Oh and one more tip, if you don't mind a little bit of fidelity loss Lossless Scaling can ramp up your fps in a hurry.

How well does that work with video cards that are a bit older?

5 minutes ago, axz2 said:

How well does that work with video cards that are a bit older?

It should work fine, I used it with my 1080ti when cyberpunk was more popular. I won't lie it was a bit of a mess back then, but now it's really simple to use as long as you follow with one of the guides.