Fallout IV for Beginners - V3.2.9 (Fusion Girl / Bodytalk)

1 hour ago, Aylis said:

@asdfjklöqweruiop

Schön zu lesen daß Du meine Arbeit zu schätzen gelernt hast. :)

The flyby of SS2 has always been wonky for me. I usually stopped it shortly after it started.

It is always funny if you see a location and your first thought is 'Never ever was this done by Bethesda. Its too good for that!'. 'Rsiyo's Location Pack' is one of these small and overlooked gems of the modding scene. The small locations fit perfectly into the game and we get more to discover. 

Going through some mods for companions and NPC it became clear that i'll have to add a few mods for compability reasons. 'The Eyes Of Beauty Fallout Edition' will get added and i'll replace 'KS Hairdos Short Medium Length and Updo Conversions' with 'KS Hairdos Conversions' (no issues as the ESP got the same name). In the long run this should help us quite a bit as both are required by a lot of mods.

Luxor's Hair Color Fix (you have to scroll a bit) is just perfect. With 'Improved Hair Colors' we sometimes get way to bright and unnatural colors. Those issues have been completely fixed by Luxor. Who is btw a very nice OA with great mods.

I'm still working out the kinks for The Ultimate M4 Pack. It is stubborn when it comes to the icon patches but will replace 2-3 other weapons. A big advantage of it is the easier use of modifications (you'll know exactly what you get) and it doesn't give you huge amounts of caps should you sell a weapon. 

The icon patches are coming a long nicely. It involves a lot of typing and so far i'm halfway there (13 wrapped up, one is being worked on, and 13 more to go). Long term will include the armors to give them the same treatment as well. I guess we will end up with three separate combined patches (Armor, Items and Weapons) for the non-optional mods.

Aylis, I am amazed at the level of effort you have put into this Guide, and continue to put into it.  Thank You!

I've been slowly downloading the mods for the past few days and I'm finally installing them. Noticed 2 small things on the list, some time in the past few days the Gepard GM6 Lynx TR from the optional Weapon and Armor Override has been deleted from Nexus, and the install for the Reactor ENB doesn't link to the Vivid Weathers mod but still lists the Synergy patch. I assumed it needed VW instead of dropping the patch.

IMPORTANT!

Found the troublemaker!

For those who use my icon patches replace the old 'Sorting - Base Game.esp' with the following file:

Base Icon Patches - Game and DLC.7z

@dumbcow

Thanks for the info. Both issues are fixed now.

Hopefully the Lynx will make a comeback. It's a great weapon.

This one always makes me teary eyed... A great tribute to one of my favourite companions in the game.

Spoiler

Edited by Aylis
11 hours ago, Aylis said:

IMPORTANT!

Found the troublemaker!

For those who use my icon patches replace the old 'Sorting - Base Game.esp' with the following file:

Base Icon Patches - Game and DLC.7z 233.77 kB · 1 download

@dumbcow

Thanks for the info. Both issues are fixed now.

Hopefully the Lynx will make a comeback. It's a great weapon.

This one always makes me teary eyed... A great tribute to one of my favourite companions in the game.

Reveal hidden contents

I  always killed him...

Planned changes (This might still change!)

Mods to be removed

Spoiler

KS Hairdos Short Medium Length and Updo Conversions                   Gets replaced

Improved Hair Colors                                                                            Got something better

MK18 CQBR                                                                                           Gets replaced

SREP REDUX - Service Rifle Expansion Project                                                 ''

Modern Weapon Replacer - Mk18 CQBR                                              Not needed anymore

Modern Weapon Replacer - SREP Redux - FOMOD Installer                                 ''

Colt Single Action Army - F4NV                                                            Gets replaced

QBZ-191 QBU-191                                                                                           ''

Radium Rifle - QBZ-191 Replacer                                                         Not needed anymore

Mods to be added

Spoiler

Nuka-Cola Bottlecap Replacer - Collision Fix

The Eyes Of Beauty Fallout Edition

KS Hairdos Conversions

Hair Color Fix

Peacekeeper (Video)

Peacekeeper - Western Revolver Replacer

The Ultimate M4 Pack

?You'll need the 'Main' file and one of the two texture packs for this mod to work.

?Kept the name of the modpage and renamed the addons/patches accordingly.

The Ultimate M4 Pack - Textures

(Optional) The Ultimate M4 Pack - ADS Optimization

The Ultimate M4 Pack - Sound Optimization

The Ultimate M4 Pack - Real Time Cover Penetration Patch

The Ultimate M4 Pack - Replacer

Spoiler

As usual first page then option.

1.1 Automatic
1.2 TR
2.1 Railway Rifle (XM4 TR)
2.2 None
3.1 None
3.2 Plasma Rifle (MK18 TR)
4.1 Combat Rifle (M16A1 TR)
4.2 None
5.1 Assault Rifle (M16A2 TR)
5.2 None
6.1 Gauss Rifle (M16K)
6.2 None
7.1 None
7.2 Radium Rifle (CAR15 TR)
8.1 READ the infobox!
8.2 Your choice

Install

ECO patch - Peacekeeper

Rsiyo's Location Pack

Edited by Aylis
On 4/25/2022 at 8:15 PM, jaeos said:

I  always killed him...

I've only started playing Far Harbor and he pissed me off by continually walking into walls and just staying there. I'd melee him away, but he'd end up just walking away two feet and then going right back to the same spot. I shot him repeatedly then ran off and finished the quest myself.

Small info:

The icon patches for the weapons are going into the last round. I'm working on one and, once i'm done with it, there are only two left.

Spoiler

Ammunition, Armor, Clothing and Weapons will end up being in their own groups so they'll be easier to find.

Photo555.jpg.fb1564dbaf476252a2ebeb3a6429bb57.jpg

Damage modifiers, which got a lot of different names, are now combined in 'Weapon Condition' and the modifiers themselves have also been renamed to make a little more sense.

Photo556.jpg.b2d02ff23eb2420199aed8c0d3899891.jpg

Too bad that there's no keyword for the 'Osare Panties'. They end up in 'Misc' of the crafting menu and i can't assign them to their own entry. I'll remove the 'NV Colt Single Action Revolver' as it might bug out and replace it (and the 'Western Revolver') with the 'Peacekeeper' (Video). 

The 'Nuka-Cola Bottlecap Replacer - Collision Fix' finally fixes a small issue that has always annoyed me whenever i saw it. 

The mod 'Super Mutant Leveled List Fix' is supposed to prevent problems with the Supermutants. Not sure if we really need it as i didn't find issues with them. I keep it here in case we do have a use for it later.

Edited by Aylis
On 4/28/2022 at 3:12 PM, wollboi said:

I've only started playing Far Harbor and he pissed me off by continually walking into walls and just staying there. I'd melee him away, but he'd end up just walking away two feet and then going right back to the same spot. I shot him repeatedly then ran off and finished the quest myself.

oh no.. i join the children of atom and turn off the fog condensers and destroy the city

1261219391_WhatSmall.png.6b3d28cffa2f5242876c703f23c80285.png

Eight hours for two weapons? Time flies... Last weapon is tricky again, but thats for tomorrow as i need some sleep.

Good night and sweet dreams. sleepingg3i09.gif.016cac18bb5ca1f6729e453207c08aa3.gif

Last weapon is finished... It was so effing difficult as the naming was done completely different from all weapons. But i finally managed to get that mod too. Checking now that i didn't make major mistakes and then it's time for an upgrade (i already integrated the new weapons).

Edited by Aylis

Last update

Updating Status to '3.1.8'

Yes, page #1 was also updated.

Update for the new 'Icons and Naming redone' (Want to check a few things before i upload it) and adding changes to prevent possible bugs.

An old 'Service Rifle' can be rebuilt. The 'AR10' and the 'QBZ' should be sold at one of the traders, otherwise they will be gone.

Mods to RERUN

Bashed Patch. 

Removed mods:

Spoiler

PC

KS Hairdos Short Medium Length and Updo Conversions                   Gets replaced

Improved Hair Colors                                                                            Got something better

Armor and Weapons Override

MK18 CQBR                                                                                           Gets replaced

SREP REDUX - Service Rifle Expansion Project                                                 ''

Modern Weapon Replacer - Mk18 CQBR                                              Not needed anymore

Modern Weapon Replacer - SREP Redux - FOMOD Installer                                 ''

Colt Single Action Army - F4NV                                                            Gets replaced

QBZ-191 QBU-191                                                                                           ''

Radium Rifle - QBZ-191 Replacer                                                         Not needed anymore

ADDED mods:

Spoiler

Textures

Nuka-Cola Bottlecap Replacer - Collision Fix

PC

The Eyes Of Beauty Fallout Edition

KS Hairdos Conversions

Hair Color Fix

NPC

Heather Casdin - Fusion Girl Patch

(Optional) Heather Casdin Redux 2022 - Visual Overhaul

Armor and Weapons Override

Peacekeeper (Video)

Peacekeeper - Western Revolver Replacer

The Ultimate M4 Pack

?You'll need the 'Main' file and one of the two texture packs for this mod to work.

?Kept the name of the modpage and renamed the addons/patches accordingly.

The Ultimate M4 Pack - Textures

(Optional) The Ultimate M4 Pack - ADS Optimization

The Ultimate M4 Pack - Sound Optimization

The Ultimate M4 Pack - Real Time Cover Penetration Patch

The Ultimate M4 Pack - Replacer

Spoiler

As usual first page then option.

1.1 Automatic
1.2 TR
2.1 Railway Rifle (XM4 TR)
2.2 None
3.1 None
3.2 Plasma Rifle (MK18 TR)
4.1 Combat Rifle (M16A1 TR)
4.2 None
5.1 Assault Rifle (M16A2 TR)
5.2 None
6.1 Gauss Rifle (M16K)
6.2 None
7.1 None
7.2 Radium Rifle (CAR15 TR)
8.1 READ the infobox!
8.2 Your choice

Install

ECO patch - Peacekeeper

Quests and World

Rsiyo's Location Pack

Uploads

WIP

Checking out

Spoiler

Inside Jobs V4.1 Small Fixes                                                                    Needed?

Settlers at Hairdressers - Idle Conversations

Assignable Cooking Stations - Idle Conversations

Waiters at Settlements - Idle Conversations

Subversion - The Institute-Railroad Alliance Alternate Ending               Conflicts with Synth start?

Nuka World Transit Center Overhaul and Settlement                             Sounds good

Nuka World Plus                                                                                               ''

Raider Radio                                                                                            Adds something that was missing in NW.

Edited by Aylis
  • Aylis changed the title to Fallout IV for Beginners - V3.1.8 (Fusion Girl / Bodytalk)

Aylis - I was looking through your body preset .XML and a question occurred to me.  In it, you spell it AUTOMOTON, rather than AUTOMOTRON.  Missing the R.  Is this intentional or a typo?  I'm trying to learn for myself how all this hangs together but syntax always gets me.

4 hours ago, DarthNyriss said:

No worries.  Don't mind me, I tend to ask very noob-ish questions sometimes.

Nah, it was a valid question. Especially with all the typos and incorrect entries i found in the upcoming mod (gone six times through it and i hopefully finally fixed all).

Sometimes the language barrier still puts a wrench in (or i start to mix English and German). And i still find terms that don't make much sense from a german viewpoint. Like 'lasersight' (you make a sight out of laser beams?) we'd use 'laserpointer' (you use a laser to point at/target something).

Edited by Aylis

Aylis,

In your defense, there are many words and in the English / American language that don't make much sense , with compound words being the worst. For someone whose native(taught from diapers) is American English, I still don't get it.. 50 years worth of I don't get it ....

V/R

And for the record its Automatron ?

The word "automaton" is the latinization of the Ancient Greek αὐτόματονautomaton, (neuter) "acting of one's own will". This word was first used by Homer to describe automatic door opening,[2] or automatic movement of wheeled tripods.[3] It is more often used to describe non-electronic moving machines, especially those that have been made to resemble human or animal actions, such as the jacks on old public striking clocks, or the cuckoo and any other animated figures on a cuckoo clock.

Edited by Cloud_1

Pre-Release: 'Icons and Naming redone' (Weapons only)

Sorry, but i had to rename them to be able to differentiate them from the old patches. The good thing is that these files are, not counting fixes for typos, final. So if you find something strange tell me about it so i can fix it.

Extended Tags (Required)

File containing all required icon instructions and keywords.

Tags Extended.7z

Basic game and DLC (Required)

File for the base game without mods (this might still change the more mods i rework).

Basic Icon Patches - Game and DLC.7z

Weapons

Integrated Loose Weapon Patches (Option 1)

The files here have already been integrated into 'Combined Non-Optional Weapons'. You'll only need this if you don't use the combined patch.

Aylis Icon Patches - Integrated Loose Patches.7z

Optional Weapons (Required)

This is a collection of loose patches for optional weapons.

Aylis Icon Patches - Optional Weapons.7z

Combined Non-Optional Weapons  (Option 2) Recommended!

This integrates all non-optional weapons in the guide into one patch.

Aylis Icon Patches - Combined Non-Optional Weapons.7z

The next part will be the rework of the armors. But this will also take some weeks, just like the weapons did.

For the curious...

Spoiler

Sneakpeek

Aylis Icon Patches - Armor Alpha 01.7z

It was curiousity that killed the cat. - Anonymous

But it still got some lives left.          - Aylis

This is driving me nuts! Just saw, while working on armors, that the script happily ignored 'a few' entries. I manually added them, so 'Basic Game and DLC' and 'Combined Non-Optional Weapons' need to be redownloaded. Sorry!

Updated the list in the first post to reflect the newest version of the guide.

Edited by Aylis
20 hours ago, Aylis said:

Nah, it was a valid question. Especially with all the typos and incorrect entries i found in the upcoming mod (gone six times through it and i hopefully finally fixed all).

Sometimes the language barrier still puts a wrench in (or i start to mix English and German). And i still find terms that don't make much sense from a german viewpoint. Like 'lasersight' (you make a sight out of laser beams?) we'd use 'laserpointer' (you use a laser to point at/target something).

Laser pointer (more grammatically correct) was co-opted into a catch-all name for pen looking laser pointers used primarily in school by the teacher to highlight or point to something on the wall without getting in the way. Or their asses having to walk all the way across the lecture hall to point something out.

For the small arms military lasers, it would be correct to call them rangefinders or laser acquisition, depending on what it actually did.  

Edited by jaeos

@jaeos

Hmm, 'Rangefinder' sounds better to me (i might change that). Is it just 'Rangefinder' or 'Laser Rangefinder'?

Then i guess it is 'Iron Sights', and not one of the other 'versions' (i found three or four ways how it was written in the files), too?

Here we just combine separate words into a new one ('Laserpointer' is a good example) if we need it. But that can lead to some 'word chains' that are precise but absurdly long. Which tends to end up in the creation of a nickname every normal (or should i say 'sane'?) person uses. ? 

Edited by Aylis
1 minute ago, Aylis said:

Hmm, 'Rangefinder' sounds better to me (i might change that). Is it just 'Rangefinder' or 'Laser Rangefinder'?

Then i guess it is 'Iron Sights', and not one of the other 'versions' (i found three or four ways how it was written in the files), too?

Depends on what it uses, if it uses a laser then its rangefinder- laser- green/red then the emittance frequency. If it uses a IR laser then it is desgnated as Rangefinder- Infrared- NOS - and emittance strength since IR is a very narrow bandwith so they don't say what frequency, just how strong it is. 

military designations use the general purpose first then all the tags second like red or green lasers etc same for ammunition. 

5.56 rounds are called Ball- m885a1 IF it has the tungsten penetrator for lightly armored targets (i.e. the guy wearing the kevlar vest and plate carrier or the pickup without actual armor he's driving) and just Ball- m885 if it has a solid lead core. So the designations will make sense to a supply guy, no so much to the people using it. 

On 7/28/2019 at 12:13 AM, Aylis said:

Functional Bridges

How can I download this without linking my games on Bethesda site?

Can I get a direct link maybe?

I'm having trouble getting these mod:

WORLD
Functional Bridges

BUILDING
Do It Yourshelf - clutter for shelves and bookcases
CREAtive Clutter - All DLC

on "Sim Settlements 2"  the Enhanced part refers to "Sim Settlements 2 Extended - 10 Dec 2021"?

Edited by 101jojo92
22 hours ago, Cloud_1 said:

Aylis,

In your defense, there are many words and in the English / American language that don't make much sense , with compound words being the worst. For someone whose native(taught from diapers) is American English, I still don't get it.. 50 years worth of I don't get it ....

V/R

And for the record its Automatron ?

The word "automaton" is the latinization of the Ancient Greek αὐτόματονautomaton, (neuter) "acting of one's own will". This word was first used by Homer to describe automatic door opening,[2] or automatic movement of wheeled tripods.[3] It is more often used to describe non-electronic moving machines, especially those that have been made to resemble human or animal actions, such as the jacks on old public striking clocks, or the cuckoo and any other animated figures on a cuckoo clock.

I've since found out it wasn't Aylis's typo at all.  It seems to be generated by Bodyslide.  It appears the error comes when assigning groups - Automotron being a DLC with it's own items.  However, the file generated calls it Automoton.  Someone dropped an R somewhere.  As long as Bodyslide knows, then no harm done.

Cloud - I've got you beat by 10 years and even *I* still don't get it a lot of the time.  Transplanted from California to the U.K. (at age 36) is a language shock all it's own.  25 years later, and... as stated a moment ago... I still don't get it a lot of the time.

3 hours ago, jaeos said:

For the small arms military lasers, it would be correct to call them rangefinders or laser acquisition, depending on what it actually did.  

A laser range finder would be a device that bounces a laser off the target and tells you the range when the reflected light returns.  You can get such devices for small arm use but often "laser sights" just shine the laser out so you can see a spot and know where your gun is pointed.

Edited by axz2

We are succumbing to the devil in the details, lets remember we are doing Bethesda's work for them, while they drive ________ expensive cars. That said , hats off to Aylis for her unwavering support of minutia, and dedicated drive to out do the outdoers?