Fallout IV for Beginners - V3.2.9 (Fusion Girl / Bodytalk)

12 hours ago, DarthNyriss said:

A little news (as I understand it.)

As you may or may not know, there are - or were - several expansion projects in the works.  Fallout Miami, New Vegas 2, Fallout London and Capital Wasteland, the remake of the Fallout 3 world in Fallout 4.  I say were, because it would seem Miami, and Capital Wasteland, have both ceased development.  Whether this is permanent or temporary I'm not sure.  I'll do some digging and let everyone know.  I'm personally looking forward to London as it'd be the first Fallout-related project set outside the U.S. and NV2 seems to be proceeding apace since I've heard nothing about it stopping any time soon.

Aylis - I have to say I'm envious of your CTD-less gameplay.  I've found mine suffers from the BA2 limit bug.  Loose files for me, it would seem.  Fortunately I have the drive space.  For the moment, anyway.

me too, i suspect it is my synth mods that are causing the stack crash though. i'm ok as long as i don't mind crashing opening the perks page, crash, reload, then enter perks page, so it is a ram issue with the model t frame bethesda provided.. it keeps crashing when i put the spinners on it.. ?

Momentary status of combined icon patches

Spoiler

Untitled.jpg.1785e85fc7e3dc924201b8e10c8d6490.jpg

I'll keep the weapons separated. Changing anything in the three big patches (base game is the third one) already is short of being a very nasty nightmare. And if i add something, and it goes very bad, i have to rewrite the whole patch. ?

I'm a bit unhappy with the service rifle. It is a mix of several mods combined in one package and that becomes noticable if you have a lot of them. They don't stack even if they all got the same mods and they cause different damage too (aka they are still different somehow). Looks like the OA sort of glued them together but didn't change any stats.

You know the ones already in the game... What do you think of this here:

Spoiler

Photo547.jpg.355fd21390bf60ea377b6f11fc1b072c.jpgPhoto548.jpg.42167f773bc470a45322895151952bb4.jpg

The textures are great - some of the uniques not so (but i can ignore them ?).

An advantage of that mod is that it got the stats and the naming right. Also it could possibly make the installation easier as it would replace several mods at the same time.

Untitled.jpeg.aaf3f35afb4250e27997bf33c5e3925d.jpeg

But i'd have to completely rewrite the icon patch for the weapons.

The base (i might add more to the front) for my 'Starlight Drive In' is finished and fully (!) decorated.

Spoiler

Photo545.jpg.847447f5fc67dea758555b5429ef3723.jpg

Now i'm considering to change the concrete to this here

Photo546.jpg.2d9acd25c01cc132071ae43575148d18.jpg

Those defense towers work beautifully. Any enemy that gets too close will get shredded. ?

I HATE creating patches for weapons... Already had to rework a LOT of entries (now all three rows show up correctly in the Inventory). But the weapons refuse to get the tag [Weapon] removed or overwritten. This is so effing annoying!

Spoiler

Photo552.jpg.20ac090152cf427945ecbc6e7dc01cf9.jpg

Edited by Aylis
9 hours ago, Aylis said:

I'm a bit unhappy with the service rifle. It is a mix of several mods combined in one package and that becomes noticable if you have a lot of them. They don't stack even if they all got the same mods and they cause different damage too (aka they are still different somehow). Looks like the OA sort of glued them together but didn't change any stats.

At one point I used it in my game and had fairy consistent ctd, when trying to check the weapons tab in the pipboy, even when not mousing over the service rifle it would still ctd when scrolling through it, took quite some time to work it which mod was causing it though, if however I removed it using the console I had no problem with then going into the weapons tab or scrolling through it.

I have a question concerning Bodyslide.  It's probab;y been asked and answered here, there and everywhere ad nauseum but I swear I'll screenshot the answer and never ask again.

I want to use Aylis's presets as they seem the most human.  My question is how to implement it.  I know some basics about Bodyslide and building the clothing to fit, but two things happen which make me think I'm not doing it properly.  First, when creating a new character and checking out the body, it isn't the one I was planning on and I've no idea where it's coming from.  Second, when I run Bodyslide there doesn't seem to be, at least on my end, a way to apply those presets as a default for the nude body.  Clothes, yes.  There are entries for things I didn't know I had.  So, if I've made any sense at all and someone can help, it'd be most appreciated. 

@DarthNyriss

1. Download - Activate - Done

There's no need to rerun Bodyslides. The files are already finished.

2. There's a file called 'Nude'. Thats the one for the body.

I you use a mod to keep the body of your PC separate from the NPC, then you have to integrate this file into it. 

3. Character Creation is a pain. Especially the triangle for the body can mess up things really badly.

The 'AER15' shows a similar behaviour and doesn't accept the tag i want to use. The rest will work fine once i replace all the '[]' with '()'. I definitely need some sleep. Otherwise i would have noticed that typo earlier...

Edited by Aylis
On 4/21/2022 at 10:06 AM, DarthNyriss said:

A little news (as I understand it.)

As you may or may not know, there are - or were - several expansion projects in the works.  Fallout Miami, New Vegas 2, Fallout London and Capital Wasteland, the remake of the Fallout 3 world in Fallout 4.  I say were, because it would seem Miami, and Capital Wasteland, have both ceased development.  Whether this is permanent or temporary I'm not sure.  I'll do some digging and let everyone know.  I'm personally looking forward to London as it'd be the first Fallout-related project set outside the U.S. and NV2 seems to be proceeding apace since I've heard nothing about it stopping any time soon.

Aylis - I have to say I'm envious of your CTD-less gameplay.  I've found mine suffers from the BA2 limit bug.  Loose files for me, it would seem.  Fortunately I have the drive space.  For the moment, anyway.

Where did you see that Miami ceased development? I ask as they had posted updates on asset progress this month, as well as still indicating in their discord that development, while slow, is still ongoing.

12 hours ago, kesryth said:

Where did you see that Miami ceased development? I ask as they had posted updates on asset progress this month, as well as still indicating in their discord that development, while slow, is still ongoing.

A lot of it was conjecture on the part of a Youtuber called Juicehead.  I tend to think these sorts of projects will take forever, given the world we live in now, so something like losing their lead 2D artist might me construed as the team starting to crack.  I checked Miami's website, and there's no real news on the game itself since last year.  Time to just wait and see, I suppose.

Holy sh... I finally figured it out! It wasn't me editing the files.

'Complex Sorting' just choose to ignore all my changes and used its own. And i now have to approach weapons in a much more complicated way to prevent that. You don't want the details. But i have to create three runs of patches, manually edit the details. run tests if it works (and redo all if it doesn't) and then copy the results into the final patch. 

The good thing is that i am now able to clean out and reorganize the crafting at the chem station (it's a mess in there). And that all weapons will get a standartized scheme regarding naming, additional informations and extensions. Its a huge workload but i think it will be worth it in the end.

Spoiler

Untitled.jpg.eb4c2b2efe8701315eeddfed6f9503da.jpg

Just a small example: we got 'Paint', 'Material', 'Skin' and several more names for the same thing. Those will all be changed to 'Paint Scheme' to get a consistant naming over all used mods. 

Edited by Aylis

My GOD Aylis, you are OCD amazing?

how is the Fallout 4 AI Overhaul testing going?

And as ever always, thanks for doing this for the community, your collection of mods has turned FO4 into a work of art, worthy of being played now even 7 years after initial release. 

V/R

Edited by Cloud_1
15 hours ago, Aylis said:

@DarthNyriss

1. Download - Activate - Done

There's no need to rerun Bodyslides. The files are already finished.

2. There's a file called 'Nude'. Thats the one for the body.

I you use a mod to keep the body of your PC separate from the NPC, then you have to integrate this file into it. 

3. Character Creation is a pain. Especially the triangle for the body can mess up things really badly.

Thanks Aylis.  I appreciate your patience.  I noticed you added Heather Casdin and I'm Darlene into the list.  Both are excellent companion mods. (My only problem is that if I go with Darlene, Ivy goes home.  Have to work on that.)  Anyway, I mention that to bring this to your attention:

RandomPanser - Fully voiced Companion with Landscape  https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/19445?tab=files

A Companion with a pretty involved backstory and questline.  I'm going to test it for my own curiousity but since we all seem to like things that add substance and not just empty content, I thought this might be a contender, but the description and the included video might make one think twice.

Also...

Wasteland Imports.  https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/3793?tab=files  It might save a few slots if the aesthetics are right.

EDIT:

Just ran across this:  Fusion Girl LooksMenu In-Game Sliders and BodyGen: https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/38672?tab=description

Edited by DarthNyriss
2 hours ago, Aylis said:

Holy sh... I finally figured it out! It wasn't me editing the files.

Aylis, you know what my biggest fear is here?  That someday you'll declare this list finished, everything is finalised, and there's no more to do.  Because, keeping up with what you're doing is, in many ways, inspiring and I always look forward to your comments on mods, your work...everything.  Slow down occasionally, of course.  Just don't stop!  ?

Edited by DarthNyriss
3 hours ago, DarthNyriss said:

Aylis, you know what my biggest fear is here?  That someday you'll declare this list finished, everything is finalised, and there's no more to do.  Because, keeping up with what you're doing is, in many ways, inspiring and I always look forward to your comments on mods, your work...everything.  Slow down occasionally, of course.  Just don't stop!  ?

nah  ... beth will break the game and she'll make a starfield list , either way it'll be non specific and inconsistent  XD

Enough for today. I completely reworked the new M4 pack and four more weapons.

The nasty thing is that you won't really see how much work the whole process is. When i'm finished it will be another subtle mods that is 'invisible' (aka 'Wait, thats from a mod?'). ?

Preview Pipboy/Pip-Pad

Spoiler

Photo554.jpg.eea87dd09e01086a5779ffb2e3a8cf1e.jpg

Even if you have a dozen different 'Automatic Receiver' in the inventory the second row will tell you exactly for which weapon the receiver is used. And this will be shown for every part of a weapon.

A small present for the early birds (got 06:30 AM here)...

Spoiler

... have fun with the new patches for optional weapons (and delete the old ones they replace). ?

Aylis New Icon Patches.7z

Edited by Aylis

Hey Aylis,

Thanks for the great Modlist. I've been enjoying it a lot after playing your skyrim list.

I ran into a problem between Weapon Scrapping Redone and Sim Settlements 2.

After trying to Instate a Leader in a Settlement and getting the Option to scrap all, the game would ctd during the birdseye camera ride.

Disabling Weapon Scrapping redone seems to have fixed the issue.

It seems fine on my end now, but i thought i'd let you and anyone else know if they ran into the same problem.

Aylis, consider adding

Universal Working Bathroom Fixtures v1.8 (CWSS and DLCs)    It replaces all bathroom, toilet, urinal, and sink fixtures in the Commonwealth (and DLCs) with CWSS-enabled versions. Now you can utilize CWSS functionalities anywhere in the game, not just in settlements.

after CWSS (Direct Link) in Building section.

Edited by Decopauge123
16 minutes ago, Decopauge123 said:

Aylis, consider adding

Universal Working Bathroom Fixtures v1.8 (CWSS and DLCs)    It replaces all bathroom, toilet, urinal, and sink fixtures in the Commonwealth (and DLCs) with CWSS-enabled versions. Now you can utilize CWSS functionalities anywhere in the game, not just in settlements.

after CWSS (Direct Link) in Building section.

It's already in there under Building.

ebbluminous and DarthNyriss, you are both referring to the CWSS link for "CWSS Redux v4.1 - Craftable Working Showers Sinks Baths" Aylis posted in this Guide.  This link takes you to Steve40's Nexus page {https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/users/3463396?tab=about+me) that doesn't list any files.   The (Direct Link) next to it takes you to a dropbox account {https://www.dropbox.com/s/i3qi9s6yex2liyv/CWSS%20Redux%20v4.01.7z?dl=0} that allows you to download the 'CWSS Redux v4.01.7z' mod.

There is no mention of Universal Working Bathroom Fixtures v1.8 (CWSS and DLCs) in this Guide that I've seen, or either link.

Edited by Decopauge123

@Decopauge123

There is no mention of Universal Working Bathroom Fixtures v1.8 (CWSS and DLCs) in this Guide that I've seen, or either link.

I removed that mod from the guide in 3.0.9 as it

1. doesn't work in quite a few locations, 

2. breaks precombines, and

3. causes a lot of glitches in the world.

Number 2 is already bad, but if you have whole wall sections in vault 95 (and other spots) missing it becomes a mod that i won't use or recommend. It would need a major update, which is very unlikely, for me to reconsider it.

11 minutes ago, Aylis said:

@Decopauge123

I removed that mod from the guide in 3.0.9 as it

1. doesn't work in quite a few locations, 

2. breaks precombines, and

3. causes a lot of glitches in the world.

Number 2 is already bad, but if you have whole wall sections in vault 95 (and other spots) missing it becomes a mod that i won't use or recommend. It would need a major update, which is very unlikely, for me to reconsider it.

OK, thanks for the update, and for all the effort you put into this Guide.

@asdfjklöqweruiop

Schön zu lesen daß Du meine Arbeit zu schätzen gelernt hast. :)

The flyby of SS2 has always been wonky for me. I usually stopped it shortly after it started.

It is always funny if you see a location and your first thought is 'Never ever was this done by Bethesda. Its too good for that!'. 'Rsiyo's Location Pack' is one of these small and overlooked gems of the modding scene. The small locations fit perfectly into the game and we get more to discover. 

Going through some mods for companions and NPC it became clear that i'll have to add a few mods for compability reasons. 'The Eyes Of Beauty Fallout Edition' will get added and i'll replace 'KS Hairdos Short Medium Length and Updo Conversions' with 'KS Hairdos Conversions' (no issues as the ESP got the same name). In the long run this should help us quite a bit as both are required by a lot of mods.

Luxor's Hair Color Fix (you have to scroll a bit) is just perfect. With 'Improved Hair Colors' we sometimes get way to bright and unnatural colors. Those issues have been completely fixed by Luxor. Who is btw a very nice OA with great mods.

I'm still working out the kinks for The Ultimate M4 Pack. It is stubborn when it comes to the icon patches but will replace 2-3 other weapons. A big advantage of it is the easier use of modifications (you'll know exactly what you get) and it doesn't give you huge amounts of caps should you sell a weapon. 

The icon patches are coming a long nicely. It involves a lot of typing and so far i'm halfway there (13 wrapped up, one is being worked on, and 13 more to go). Long term will include the armors to give them the same treatment as well. I guess we will end up with three separate combined patches (Armor, Items and Weapons) for the non-optional mods.

Edited by Aylis