Skyrim is Almost Perfect

Please help. My Skyrim game is 99.888888% perfect. All I need to figure out is why the hell does DynDOLOD generate a bard's college right behind Whiterun??

DynDOLOD most likely gets its billboard data DIRECTLY from Skyrim DATA folder.

Thus, we can conclude that wherever or whatever this bard's college is... it's probably a house mod or something that I didn't uninstall correctly and all the files are still in my DATA folder... but I have no idea where in my Skyrim DATA folder would it be! 

I'm almost sure if I delete this bard's college from my data folder it will go away.

Does anybody recognize this pathetic bard's college behind whiterun?

Last problem that I'm having with Skyrim, not too big of a deal is that the color of the LOD grass does not match the color of the actual grass. (See pictures)
What grass texture is used for grass LOD and where can I find it in DATA folder

PPS. Opening DynDOLOD with Creation Kit shows there's no Bards College sitting behind Whiterun. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

MJAAVvC.jpgDiOH3y3.jpg

Thank you for at least taking the time to look over it. 

2 minutes ago, rektemrectums said:

Paperclip at bottom left... hmm... gee, I wonder if a paperclip looks the same to you as it is to the rest of the whole world....

6mHqrWz.png

What are you talking about???

He's telling you that no one here can see your attached pics.

As Grey Cloud said, take your images and drag them to the paperclip you see at the bottom left when you start a post to attach the pic to it.

12 minutes ago, rektemrectums said:

I don't have a paperclip button. Are those url links I posted working by chance?

All I get is HTTP 403 errors when I click those links.

Edit; I'll be damned; Using MS Edge. Just tried Firefox and still errors, but they show up fine in Chrome.

11 hours ago, rektemrectums said:

Okay thanks. Yeah, I've been using Chrome this whole time. Okay, no wonder. OMG.... 

/facepalm

/facepalm

for the imgur image to open, you have to open the link, that won't load anything until you refresh that link

once that done, if you refresh this page, the image will load

nothing to do with firefox, chrome or pikachu explorer

as for whatever 37f0c is supposed to be, why not load tesedit and check? i doubt someone will be able to guess whatever fail you did to get lod x instead of lod y for that thing, whatever that is

10 hours ago, yatol said:

/facepalm

/facepalm

for the imgur image to open, you have to open the link, that won't load anything until you refresh that link

once that done, if you refresh this page, the image will load

nothing to do with firefox, chrome or pikachu explorer

as for whatever 37f0c is supposed to be, why not load tesedit and check? i doubt someone will be able to guess whatever fail you did to get lod x instead of lod y for that thing, whatever that is

Thanks for the tip for others who can't see my pictures. I hope it will help them! 

I forgot to say that I already opened DynDOLOD with TESVEdit and found the meshes... and I also found the LOD .nifs inside my DATA folder... but the problem is that if I delete the mesh with TESVEdit or if I delete the mesh directly from my Skyrim DATA folder, then the game will crash. 

I even tried editing the mesh with nifskope, the game also crashes if I do this. Even if I could successfully delete the bards's college, this won't solve the problem of the LOD because I will still see the bard's college LOD when I'm very far away.

I'm almost at my wits end, maybe if I just put a bard's college right on the same spot and turn it into a bar or pub it will at least work around my problem. Hmmm... that's a good idea. Thanks for your input.

3 hours ago, Grey Cloud said:

I don't use DynDolod myself but as you seem to be the only person with the problem I don't suppose you have tried uninstalling it and trying again or trying an alternative?

Keep in mind that this college is probably baked into your save.

Yes, I should've mentioned also:  removing DynDOLOD and its corresponding files does remove the Bard's College completely. But then my Skyrim looks like ASS.

DynDOLOD is amazing but not sure why it keeps spawning a fake Bard's College behind Whiterun. 

In case anybody is going to ask: the Bard's College in my pictures is fake. Like really, really fake. Meaning it has no entry, it's floating in the air, and even if I disable all pieces of the bard's college the LOD for the bard's college can still be seen when I'm far away.

I don't even know HOW DynDOLOD is spawning a Bard's college behind Whiterun. I have about 3 other house mods that I've previously installed and saved their files in my Skyrim DATA folder just in case I want to activate them someday (house mods are very small in file size) and these other housemods don't show up as fake buildings after running DynDOLOD.

Believe me, I flew all over Skyrim checking out my DynDOLOD details. Everything is good except the fake bard's college magically appearing behind Whiterun.

DynDOLOD was updated recently (and before anyone asks, yes I have the latest version) so I'll go to the mod author's page and see if I get any luck there. Thanks, all who tried to help.

Below in the image you will find that loading DynDOLOD.esp in Creation Kit shows NO Bard's College. Weird.
But loading DynDOLOD.esp in TESVEdit shows that the numbers of MFG Console points to a Bard's College. As previously stated, deleting these lines from TESVEdit crashes the game.

(as Yatol mentioned above, if you open the link and you see nothing, refresh the page)

https://i.imgur.com/pKmCRVp.png

pKmCRVp.png

7 hours ago, Grey Cloud said:

I don't use DynDolod myself

what can you know about the problem then?

190722085408632791.jpg

lake have brighter or darker texture, same for grass, and those tree lods

have mess around a little with that stuff, unlike some that post just for the sake of posting

and i bet op have just mes around randomly, did some crap somewhere, so the result in game suck, as for whatever he did.... no idea

if i click on the rock in the lower right, there is xxyyyyyy in the console

but if i remember right, if i click on the trees lods on the other side, there is nothing in the console

those lods doesn't exist in the load order, it's just a file that tell the game to load the object lod instead when your character is too far from that for the game load it

so that 37f0c isn't a lod, it's an object reference with flag "is full lod"

the mod for windwill and waterfall do the same, they look better from far away, because they are no longer replaced with the lod nif that load a 256*256 texture (why not give flag "is full lod" to everything is that's really a solution?)

when i tried agent to rigteous mind, after regenerating dyndolod, going back to winterhold, xxyyyyyy was a ctd

a ctd that can't be fix since savegamecleaner was unable to find xxyyyyyy in the save

had to delete it from older save, and restart the mod from there, after getting rid of the dyndolod script

skyrim.exe don't need a script for lods, but dyndolod need one for some reason, got rid of that script and no more problem

if you edit quest x to spawn 3 soldiers instead of 2, in game, that will still be 2 soldiers, because that script was load when the quest was start

for your 3 soldiers to spawn, you have to delete original script from your save for the game to load the edited version

it's the same for dyndolod useless script, if you regenerate dyndolod because mod x have a new worldspace, game won't load 00yyyyyy from the new dyndolod.esp, but the 00yyyyyy from your save, and the result can be the wrong lod for 37f0c, but if it's the same with a coc whiterun or whatever from main menu, it's not that (but you can expect it if you keep that script)

if you open tree lod texture, there's tree1 then tree2 then tree3....

if you add a tree, but fail somewhere, you can end up with new tree using tree2 lod, tree2 using tree3 lod, tree3 using...

it can also be a mod that mess with stuff it shouldn't mess with it, and when you regenerate the lods, some lods aren't put where the stuff they replaced

or something else, the only one that can find out, is the op, and to find out, he will have to search the fail

Archived