I hate this game even if I don´t want to.

I never beaten Oblivion but I want to and I want to like it but the game irritates me. I want to use mods because I playing skyrim so much I want oblivion to look much better but gaaah this game can go to hell. It´s harder to mod and just aaah.

So I use like 21 mods don´t dare to use more because the game bloody works and I don´t want to spend half a year to get the game to work. 
But I never get my charter to look any good what so ever. Yes I will not get skyrim quality I know that im not stupid but I seen far better than what I can make. 

I spent 6 days trying to get a good looking charter 6 days not playing when I could beaten at least 2-3 damn JRPG´s that takes 80-100 hours to complete. 

mods I use.
Oblivion Upscaled Textures Default
Natural Environments (Not sure it does jack shit) 
Oblivion Reloaded made the game look hell of allot better.
and 1  armor and 1 weapon improvemnt mod.

I tried ENB´s but they don´t seam to work at all becuse they don´t change anything (Yes I follow the guide and I use the d3d9.dll)

For charter I use:
HGEC Body

Oblivion Character Overhaul 2 (Yes I strictly follow how to install with OMOD) 
Block head 
OCO 2 HGEC texture compatibility add on
Tried hair mods but they don´t seam to work with OCO2 and I don´t have any will left to try to add them so they can work with OCO2 if I need to manual add them to the damn mod it self.
Every thing works but nope not close to good looking charter yes I tweak and tweak does damn slider but does not seam to do much more than ooo wide face or small face. 

I mean loke at OCO2 example looks rely nice 

Spoiler

pLtpUwl.jpg

Also all the pictures I sean on nexus they must be cheating allot with some photo edditing program.

this lookes like it would be skyrim 

Spoiler

MaHfWjn.png

Also looks allot like skyrim 

Spoiler

CF0JYDf.jpg

I mean shit I tried all the damn elf class mods never got them close to this.

Spoiler

N5jzPlv.png

I mean how much cheating are they doing and how many years do people spend I mean fuck do pople just use Oblvion to make a good charter and never play just make a good charter so people like me will never ever be happy with what monsters I can make? 

This is my charter looks meh but compared to everything else I seen NOPE I don´t even want to share pictures from this game.

Spoiler

bnie2js.jpg

I wish some one could just help me point me on some mods to use or how to make at least better looking charter. heck I wish I could Download a ready to use oblivion folder I mean it should work if I own the game if I get the whole folder and ini files it should work becuse it´s the same game.  Do I need to wait another 10 years for Skyblivion to get finsihed ?. 

Sorry for the complaints and nagging but I want to play the game but at least make it looks decent while I spend 30+ hours playing. 

Alright sir, you have Darigaz and mine pics there. They are not vanilla races at all.. Actually they aren't really the any kind of race. We use assets and make textures to be character specific. The dark tattooed chick is based on this:

the other races you mentioned are techically based on same head but as stated on that other thread. It could be MPB and whatever.. For making the character, you need to mess with sliders. There nothing else unless you want to add tattoos or change lipstick color, whatever., Just don't do it with shitty ingame colors.

example of further modified FF Race: (my character)449130-1556968051.jpg

^Moonshadow lips, freckled brush, handpainted eyeliner, synx eyebrows. Thats how much "simple" retexturing does.

I played Skrim 8-9 month right after the release ( I have no DLCs ) then I quit it and never played it again.
Only the graphic is better.
Morrorwind war real roleplay, good quests and puzzles.   Oblivion...  reduced armor/clothes system, reduced magic system, less guilds,...., stupid quest marker ( but you

need them because the quest givers do not tell you exactly where to go ).
And Skyrim... ( ? ) ... but nice graphic. An extreme example, the ridiculous symbol puzzles in the burial caves to open the doors/grids , the right symbols were

always in the same room, no searching... that was not a puzzle, that was a joke!  You can shut off your brain when you play skyrim.
And shit to mod. The fucking full bodies ( You have to create so many clothes if you want to combine different upper and lower parts ).
And the Normal maps. FUCK!  In Oblivion I create a _n.dds from the texture, but in Skyrim I use the body mesh.
In Oblivion I added Scratches and altered areola to my player. The Scratches and areola look three-dimensional , not painted.
Fejeena.jpg

The dog paw areolas and the scratched looks 3D in game, not flat painted.

In Skyrim I first must use Blender and create a body mesh with scratches and altered areola to create a normal map with 3D effect.  Fuck!  Too much work and I am too

stupid to use Blender. So I knew in Skyrim I will never have the player character I want.

----------------
I want good quest, roleplay  in my game. I do not need highres textures.
I use UL for a better landscape, because in vanilla Oblivion you have only 4landscapes . Snow in the north, yellow grassland nead Anvil and swamp near Leyawiin  ...  and in

between all the same landscape. If you laod a save you do not know where you are. Vanilla rivers are no rivers, there is no spring, no small stream that becomes the

river. That's why I use UL. I do not need a highres texture and look at a tree and say "Oh, what a realistic bark"  ... then I look around and see the boring

vanilla landscape.

------------------

OK you want graphic, the most important thing for you is that a game looks good.

But with the player character you do not need Mods. Ok there are many nice race mods.

In the above picture it is the default setting you see in the character creation menu, no changes. ( and all my screenshots without AA, and no photoshop blurring. )
But not all default setting are so nice. But you have the sliders and that is all you need.  And remember you also have the color sliders, the make up , a full beautycase  with lipstick, eyeliner, rouge,....

And the screenshots you posted are not much photoshopped, only a little blurred. And in the game right lighting and AA.

Here some race Mods:

Example what you can do with the sliders.  Default setting in the race menu and after I used the sliders.

Dryade.jpg

And some othe races

Spoiler

Inez.jpg

Tea.jpg

And a beautiful man

Spoiler

Slof's Devil.jpg

OK, maybe not so beautiful.  And that's the default setting.

And here vanilla races ( Ok NPCs , but you can do the same with the player ) I use the vanilla head mesh !!!!! No OCO.

Spoiler

Only sliders for Shape and color.     NPCs often smile a bit crezy if they like the player.

n2.jpg

n3.jpg

My "frog girls"

n4.jpg

n5.jpg

n6.jpg

n1.jpg

All vanilla head mesh !!!!! and a 512x512 Imperial head texture !!!! 171KB  Used in all screenshots, except in the last one.

headhuman.jpg

The darkelf texture is 1024x1024, and of course the vanilla head nif

And with a good race mod you can create much better faces. So use the fucking sliders in the character creation menu !!!

And remember how long it took to create the first beautiful character in Skyrim. I'm sure the first of your characters did not look good.
practice, practice, practice !

Tfw such a character would actually be relatively pretty by Oblivion standards a few years ago...how far have we gone XD

I'm the modder behind the elf you linked here:

5 hours ago, ZeroWalker said:

N5jzPlv.png

First of all, it's a modified version of this race:  https://monkeyangie.blogspot.com/2018/04/yapa-anma-13.html

2nd, regarding ENB not working at all, make use HDR is on instead of Bloom in the video options, if you are using Windows 10, you might need to dl this

Now to the gritty...if you want a pretty character in this game, you need to put in effort, you want to waltz in and hope for something like some of the characters linked above in...6 days!?...you are in for disappointment and frustration, hell, you are already feeling it...this isn't Skyrim where everything is plentyful and ready to use, this requires investment, time and patience...6 days...way longer than that has been spent just making a character, between sliders, finding resources, tweaking stuff, retexturing, testing in game, flipping tables, tossing everything into the garbage bin and starting over from scratch...some of the characters you might see around here or @Nexus have years behind them, not days, weeks, months, but years...keep that in mind.

With that being said and now looking like an asshole:

- Get ENB working

- Switch Natural Environments for All Natural (most enb pallettes don't work very well with Natural Environments)

Then:

- Get Construction Set

- Get the race I linked above

- Learn how to add hairs to a race with it (2nd post)

- Get sliders with numbers mod

Regarding the sliders:

Keep these proportions in mind, further tweak them to your liking from there.

- Choose a hairstyle first, you will "build" the face for the hair and not the other way around

- Reset the sliders before doing anything

- Try to avoid the cheekbone sliders unless you know what you are doing

- Move the sliders with care, a few clicks on the left or right arrows can often be the difference between nope and yes

- Avoid the big anime eyes, it will just look stupid

- Try to go for a wider/slightly chubbier face, while keeping the chin thinner and shorter and counter balancing it the jaw sliders

- Lower the eyebrows, also use these sliders for the eye angle

This is all I can do to help, the rest comes with practice

10 hours ago, Risray said:

Tfw such a character would actually be relatively pretty by Oblivion standards a few years ago...how far have we gone XD

I'm the modder behind the elf you linked here:

First of all, it's a modified version of this race:  https://monkeyangie.blogspot.com/2018/04/yapa-anma-13.html

2nd, regarding ENB not working at all, make use HDR is on instead of Bloom in the video options, if you are using Windows 10, you might need to dl this

Now to the gritty...if you want a pretty character in this game, you need to put in effort, you want to waltz in and hope for something like some of the characters linked above in...6 days!?...you are in for disappointment and frustration, hell, you are already feeling it...this isn't Skyrim where everything is plentyful and ready to use, this requires investment, time and patience...6 days...way longer than that has been spent just making a character, between sliders, finding resources, tweaking stuff, retexturing, testing in game, flipping tables, tossing everything into the garbage bin and starting over from scratch...some of the characters you might see around here or @Nexus have years behind them, not days, weeks, months, but years...keep that in mind.

With that being said and now looking like an asshole:

- Get ENB working

- Switch Natural Environments for All Natural (most enb pallettes don't work very well with Natural Environments)

Then:

- Get Construction Set

- Get the race I linked above

- Learn how to add hairs to a race with it (2nd post)

- Get sliders with numbers mod

Regarding the sliders:

Keep these proportions in mind, further tweak them to your liking from there.

- Choose a hairstyle first, you will "build" the face for the hair and not the other way around

- Reset the sliders before doing anything

- Try to avoid the cheekbone sliders unless you know what you are doing

- Move the sliders with care, a few clicks on the left or right arrows can often be the difference between nope and yes

- Avoid the big anime eyes, it will just look stupid

- Try to go for a wider/slightly chubbier face, while keeping the chin thinner and shorter and counter balancing it the jaw sliders

- Lower the eyebrows, also use these sliders for the eye angle

This is all I can do to help, the rest comes with practice

Thanks allot well I fully understand it proboly taken years but I want to beat Oblivion today im already 12 years behind hehe. But thanks for the pointers it will maybe help I don´t need my charter to look as  good as your marvelous work but damn I do envy how good it looks. People would proboly say graphics is not important and I agree with it I honestly rely don´t care about the graphics but as one who played allot of mmo´s over the year and rpgs in general if I shall spend hours up on hours seeing my charter I want them to look good nice like a train wreck. That´s why I always play female if I  can because while playing I want some eye candy so if my female charter look worse than Shrek it´s kinda of putting.

But thanks I will try out your tips thanks allot. 

12 hours ago, fejeena said:

I played Skrim 8-9 month right after the release ( I have no DLCs ) then I quit it and never played it again.
Only the graphic is better.
Morrorwind war real roleplay, good quests and puzzles.   Oblivion...  reduced armor/clothes system, reduced magic system, less guilds,...., stupid quest marker ( but you

need them because the quest givers do not tell you exactly where to go ).
And Skyrim... ( ? ) ... but nice graphic. An extreme example, the ridiculous symbol puzzles in the burial caves to open the doors/grids , the right symbols were

always in the same room, no searching... that was not a puzzle, that was a joke!  You can shut off your brain when you play skyrim.
And shit to mod. The fucking full bodies ( You have to create so many clothes if you want to combine different upper and lower parts ).
And the Normal maps. FUCK!  In Oblivion I create a _n.dds from the texture, but in Skyrim I use the body mesh.
In Oblivion I added Scratches and altered areola to my player. The Scratches and areola look three-dimensional , not painted.
Fejeena.jpg

The dog paw areolas and the scratched looks 3D in game, not flat painted.

In Skyrim I first must use Blender and create a body mesh with scratches and altered areola to create a normal map with 3D effect.  Fuck!  Too much work and I am too

stupid to use Blender. So I knew in Skyrim I will never have the player character I want.

----------------
I want good quest, roleplay  in my game. I do not need highres textures.
I use UL for a better landscape, because in vanilla Oblivion you have only 4landscapes . Snow in the north, yellow grassland nead Anvil and swamp near Leyawiin  ...  and in

between all the same landscape. If you laod a save you do not know where you are. Vanilla rivers are no rivers, there is no spring, no small stream that becomes the

river. That's why I use UL. I do not need a highres texture and look at a tree and say "Oh, what a realistic bark"  ... then I look around and see the boring

vanilla landscape.

------------------

OK you want graphic, the most important thing for you is that a game looks good.

But with the player character you do not need Mods. Ok there are many nice race mods.

In the above picture it is the default setting you see in the character creation menu, no changes. ( and all my screenshots without AA, and no photoshop blurring. )
But not all default setting are so nice. But you have the sliders and that is all you need.  And remember you also have the color sliders, the make up , a full beautycase  with lipstick, eyeliner, rouge,....

And the screenshots you posted are not much photoshopped, only a little blurred. And in the game right lighting and AA.

Here some race Mods:

Example what you can do with the sliders.  Default setting in the race menu and after I used the sliders.

Dryade.jpg

And some othe races

Reveal hidden contents

Inez.jpg

Tea.jpg

And a beautiful man

Reveal hidden contents

Slof's Devil.jpg

OK, maybe not so beautiful.  And that's the default setting.

And here vanilla races ( Ok NPCs , but you can do the same with the player ) I use the vanilla head mesh !!!!! No OCO.

Reveal hidden contents

Only sliders for Shape and color.     NPCs often smile a bit crezy if they like the player.

n2.jpg

n3.jpg

My "frog girls"

n4.jpg

n5.jpg

n6.jpg

n1.jpg

All vanilla head mesh !!!!! and a 512x512 Imperial head texture !!!! 171KB  Used in all screenshots, except in the last one.

headhuman.jpg

The darkelf texture is 1024x1024, and of course the vanilla head nif

And with a good race mod you can create much better faces. So use the fucking sliders in the character creation menu !!!

And remember how long it took to create the first beautiful character in Skyrim. I'm sure the first of your characters did not look good.
practice, practice, practice !

I totaly understand you I love Skyrim allot but my favorite game is daggerfall which I finally beaten.

Skyrim may be simplistic but man I had such a good time playing it and man the Dark brotherhood quest in skyrim was awesome story wise.  
Just becuse Skyrim is newer it´s more bloody stable than oblivion when modding and yes I like the Bethesda games because you can keep playing them after beating them like Faalskar or Bruma big ass add on mod is one of many good things. And honestly I don´t rely care for the graphics it self. But if I´m gonna spend hours in a game and well Oblivion is making you see your charter in the inventory so you will see your charter allot. so I kind of  want my charter to look good I mean if I shall see it for hours it would be nice if it´s pleasing for the eyes. 

But yes biggest reason I like skyrim it´s stable I can have 200 mods no problem Oblivion I dare to have like 25 at most fearing I will break the game need to do a fresh install and have to spend hours redoing it which I alrady done 5 times the past week. I want to add some mods check so it works and play at the same day.  Plus as a Fan of Dragons well Oblivion are missing that hehe. But yeah that´s why I want to get in to Olivion I want to see what people love with the game but I wan´t my charter not to give me nightmares. 

Also my biggest problem with Oblivion compared to Skyrim the combat in Oblivion feels so bleh floaty and wanky and just not all that good. I mean your not swinging a sword your flailing it around like a monkey. 

Man Useing Yapa race was rely nice. I tweaked a little but enugh so Im kinda of happy with the result. 

Sure it´s not a great on how you guys to do it :( but as you said it taken you years of tweaking and shit but it´s better than vanilla and OCO  2 noting against that mod rely good mod. 
Also how do one get bigger tits ? 

Man the neck seam annoys the hell out of me any tips other than item mods that try to conceal them.

Got the ENB to work awesome thanks. 

I did follow the guide but somehow hair was not added still only had 2 hair for yapa. Heck even the hair mod I used came with a guide how to add hair but for some reason nope. 

Any tip on mods to improve combat and such ? 

You get bigger tits with a body with bigger tits. :classic_wink:

You can use Setbody reloaded  or use the OBSE Blockhead plugin.

But remember all NPC and player use the armor clothes replacer for one cup size. If you give your player a different cup size you can use only Mod clothes with the right cup size or a Mod that add own player clothes ( You install a second full body replacer  for the player body and the Mod will check if you or a NPC use the clothes and add the right one )

Read my yellow Link below how to add a player only body.

https://www.loverslab.com/topic/36443-oblivion-install-gametoolsbodiesbbb-load-order-sorting-espesm-cleaning-cs-cse-body-stretching/?do=findComment&comment=1786216

Post 103

-------------------------

And with Mod cleaning and right load order you can play Oblivion with 254 esm/esp  ( Oblivion esm and 254 Mod esp/esm  and  number255  must be free for ingame created objects, creatures and NPC (If you enchant a weapon in agme it is not part of a esm/esp  so its ID starts with FF (255)  )

I played the game with about 240 esm/esp and had no crashes  ( Not more than usual, about one crash within a week, if I played a lot. )

Right load order is the most important thing in Oblivion ! And if you sort with LOOT your game will crash often, because LOOT is for Skyrim. Use BOSS to sort Oblivion Mods.

Read my yellow Link below !

With merging Mods you can reduce the number of esp. Merge all armor-clothes mods in one esp.  And merge Mod addons with the main Mod.

It's actually quite possible to make your oblivion character look better than some Skyrim characters, if you put the effort into it. Some of the pictures provided above have good hairstyles, but the faces are far from pretty, which is a huge issue a lot of people overlook. Just because your character has pretty hair, it does not mean they are pretty as a whole. Sorry guys.

The most important part to making a pretty character in my opinion, is the eyes and the jaw-line. Not giving these parts attention, or not enough attention, will drastically hold your character back in terms of potential beauty. Another thing to keep in mind is that, when making your character, do not, and I repeat, DO NOT, just focus on the front section of their face. This will result in your character looking pretty from the front, but kind of cringey from the side or at an angle. Getting your character to be pretty from all angles is extremely difficult and time-consuming, for that is just the nature of Oblivion's sliders, but it can be done.

Also, I cannot stress this enough, your character's beauty within the game is strongly dependent on what kind of lighting is present when looking at her. Even the most drop-dead gorgeous characters can look hideous when looked at under horrendous lighting conditions. I haven't worked too much with an ENB before, so this may not be this case with it, but I'd imagine that it can still be an issue. A good way to combat this is to get the faceglow mod, it's pretty decent. https://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/48364

In the end, get a race mod. There are mods that improve the vanilla races, but even with them you will never be able to get them to be as good looking as some of the race mods can be. 

The picture below was my character from about a year ago. I don't have this character anymore, nor do I even have oblivion installed, but I hope it conveys just how far you can take your character in terms of attractiveness. If I still had her, I'd go back to make a ton of edits to make her even better, but I don't have enough space left on my laptop to even go and install oblivion again. Maybe someday. 

Rysa26.png.a26c152506efa859faa8efd108f668c6.png

3 hours ago, Jack of All Trades said:

It's actually quite possible to make your oblivion character look better than some Skyrim characters, if you put the effort into it. Some of the pictures provided above have good hairstyles, but the faces are far from pretty, which is a huge issue a lot of people overlook. Just because your character has pretty hair, it does not mean they are pretty as a whole. Sorry guys.

The most important part to making a pretty character in my opinion, is the eyes and the jaw-line. Not giving these parts attention, or not enough attention, will drastically hold your character back in terms of potential beauty. Another thing to keep in mind is that, when making your character, do not, and I repeat, DO NOT, just focus on the front section of their face. This will result in your character looking pretty from the front, but kind of cringey from the side or at an angle. Getting your character to be pretty from all angles is extremely difficult and time-consuming, for that is just the nature of Oblivion's sliders, but it can be done.

Also, I cannot stress this enough, your character's beauty within the game is strongly dependent on what kind of lighting is present when looking at her. Even the most drop-dead gorgeous characters can look hideous when looked at under horrendous lighting conditions. I haven't worked too much with an ENB before, so this may not be this case with it, but I'd imagine that it can still be an issue. A good way to combat this is to get the faceglow mod, it's pretty decent. https://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/48364

In the end, get a race mod. There are mods that improve the vanilla races, but even with them you will never be able to get them to be as good looking as some of the race mods can be. 

The picture below was my character from about a year ago. I don't have this character anymore, nor do I even have oblivion installed, but I hope it conveys just how far you can take your character in terms of attractiveness. If I still had her, I'd go back to make a ton of edits to make her even better, but I don't have enough space left on my laptop to even go and install oblivion again. Maybe someday. 

Rysa26.png.a26c152506efa859faa8efd108f668c6.png

Thanks allot for the input that helps allot I will try my best but mostly I mostly want one im pleased with when I play.  

Man that one hot Oblivion charter damn well made. 

Yeah I can say the pictures on charters I seen on post your sexy screenshots pt 2 for skyrim or on nexus sacres the hell out of me some so damn nice in a way make me just want to play as a square block.

Hi man, you may have known this already but you can play as an NPC in Oblivion. How about, ya know, play as a pretty companion that you can download from somewhere ? Upside is that you have a nice character right out the box. You can even tweak that pretty face further to suit your likings using the ingame sliders. Downside is that you have to forget about each vanilla race's perks because you're gonna be playing as a custom race (usually, custom companions have custom races). You're also gonna have a "twin" (duh, you're playing as that NPC/companion) but that's not too big of a problem. Disable them or unessentialise them (they will definitely die fighting by your side immersively that way). 

This is what I do in oblivion, I don't say it's the best way but it's less hassle.

Potato_Skill is alluding to a program called Face Exchange Lite though I'm not entirely sure why he brought it up but failed to mention its name nor provide the link. It's a pretty nice tool, very convenient if you want to start over but use the same appearance of your past character. Though, as Potato_Skill explained, it can also be used to "steal" the appearance of other faces that you can find in companion mods, as long as you have the same race as the companion in question. 

Also, you're most likely going to have OBSE installed, so after doing the face exchange and saving your file, copy the newly created file and change the extension to ".obse", otherwise the game will just crash upon loading it, because there isn't a OBSE file accompanying the save file. Honestly though, from what I've found, practically every companion mod on the nexus, custom race or not, is still pretty ugly. If you're going to do this, find a decent looking one and use it as a base to edit and sculpt to your liking.

Archived