New Mindbroken Mod Development Thread

The mod is now out, see the downloads section.

Work continues on a quest mod using the framework mechanics:

Spoiler

1. PC can anger different factions, by killing their "bosses" (done)

2. Factions can eventually get angry enough to take revenge on PC, by setting ambushes, traps, or blackmail for her (partially complete). I think ambushes < traps < blackmail in terms of difficulty, so the higher the anger the more likely to get one of the hard quests. Ambush quest is done, working on traps and blackmail.

3. If successful, there is a short radiant "training" loop where the enemy faction tries to break PC (80% complete)

4. There is also a longer gameplay loop, where PC can have radiant requirements to receive radiant punishment. "Do X for Y N times every Q hours without orgasming, or else R". (almost complete)

For example, "have sex with banditFaction 4 time every day without orgasming, or else your collar will inject you with a drug"

or

"give me a blowjob every 8 hours, or else I will increase the vibrator intensity"

or "report back for training once a day (loop 3) or else I will kill your spouse"

this is designed to create a repeatable loop that is sometimes easy, sometimes hard.

5. There will be a radiant quest to escape from the longer loop (4), basically fetch quests to find some kind of maguffin to solve the problem, like a special key or information about where the enemy's secret poison is kept. But the problem is, depending on the time requirement of the loop, PC might not be able to complete it without receiving some punishments.

On 7/13/2019 at 9:47 AM, squart2203 said:

i think you shouldn't bother about consensual animations? if going by the "hentai like" line, even consensual sex would cause ahegao and stuff, hentai is pretty crazy

Yeah but I want to have different penalty mechanics or something for characters sleeping w/ their partners or friends instead of some bandit

A couple of points:

1. If it were my mod, I'd actually consider making SLSO a soft dependency, not SoS. You could add a tie-in to SL-completed scenes as an alternate and a deprecation scheme to compensate. I don't know what the SLSO user group looks like, but given the number of patches needed, it's probably lower than other potential adopters. SoS, on the other hand, is fairly universal. Your decision obviously. It's your mod and I respect that and your choices.

2. I would create a "broken system" based on elapsed time in-game. If configurable by MCM, that would be ideal.

3. "Size" feature can be created through SoS data. Check the scripts. It might be a real pain in the ass, but it's worth a look.

4. Adding relationship rank detection is trivial. If you want it, do it. All my personal projects except one use this as a tool, and it's powerful.

Updates:

1. Broken status decays with game time (3 hours Skyrim time)

2. Chance to break per-SLSO event now dynamic. Added "pride" variable which is 100 by default. Having sex with enemies (per relationship rank) decreases pride by amount equal to relationship rank. Amount is multiplied by 2 for "anal" animations, 3 for "vaginal" animations. Penalty is incurred once per animation, and one extra time per SLSO orgasm. Chance to break is 100 - pride.

So, sex is safe with friends, but mentally dangerous with people who dislike you/ you don't like.

New TODOs: balance pride mechanic, add configurability. Make pride recover over time.

Hi daytri

I am playing with slso and thinking about being broken

Thinking out loud, there should be stats in game reflecting that your pc is spent from having all thoses orgasm.

Maybe like making a less damage penalty because the pc is so spent and thinking that she should kill the ennemy but her body seens to say no because of her broken status...or something like that

Just my 2 cents, take care

6 minutes ago, tuxagent7 said:

Hi daytri

I am playing with slso and thinking about being broken

Thinking out loud, there should be stats in game reflecting that your pc is spent from having all thoses orgasm.

Maybe like making a less damage penalty because the pc is so spent and thinking that she should kill the ennemy but her body seens to say no because of her broken status...or something like that 

Just my 2 cents, take care

Yeah I agree.

SL Disparity does a good job with some things like this, but unfortunately doesn't track number of orgasms with some decay (although it could through the worn/addition mechanism). I was thinking I prefer to leave debuffs like that to SL Disparity because it already does such a good job,  but need to think of some way to replicate the behavior using disparity.

12 minutes ago, DayTri said:

Yeah I agree.

SL Disparity does a good job with some things like this, but unfortunately doesn't track number of orgasms with some decay (although it could through the worn/addition mechanism). I was thinking I prefer to leave debuffs like that to SL Disparity because it already does such a good job,  but need to think of some way to replicate the behavior using disparity.

Will have to find a way to learn disparity, all thoses options.... seems confusing... at first i suppose, i will go download and try it in game. :)

• 3 weeks later...

I was actually thinking of working on something like this. Basically trapping any non-consensual call made by SL mods, then injecting a dialog where the default response would be of the "the hell you will" variety (maybe some kind of physical contest to see if attacker overpowers (harder now there's no stats anymore). <Insert> all the stuff your mod does basically. Then subsequent events the dialog would check the player decreasing resistance Thus the dialog options would move more toward fear then acceptance then beginning to embrace the idea eventually ending in excitement ans the stat increased.

If the animations are anything like the ones in Get Stripped Again this sounds like it would be pretty cool.  That one was pretty cool with the player playing embarrassed animations anytime your chest armor was removed.  Was a buggy mod in some respects though but had some good ideas.  And even though this would only be for the player it would be cool if the features could be applied to npcs in the future.  Just some ideas.  Any one else have anything to add?

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/17/2019 at 12:44 AM, SkyTem said:

If the animations are anything like the ones in Get Stripped Again this sounds like it would be pretty cool.  That one was pretty cool with the player playing embarrassed animations anytime your chest armor was removed.  Was a buggy mod in some respects though but had some good ideas.  And even though this would only be for the player it would be cool if the features could be applied to npcs in the future.  Just some ideas.  Any one else have anything to add?

Well, I am not making any animations at all, so it won't be like that

• 3 weeks later...

Wow I didn't realize it was so long ago that I started this, sorry everyone for the delay.

I rewrote the entire mod this weekend, because after playing with it for awhile it was actually pretty boring. The idea about tracking history for NPCs was nice but in reality not that useful.

The SOS detection I am also removing for now because it's too tedious to make exceptions for creatures.

I mainly changed the way the mechanics work. Now:

- Two tracked stats, willpower and sensitivity.

- Sensitivity increases after orgasm or with time at high arousal, and decreases over time if you have low arousal and high willpower

- Willpower increases over time.

- During SL scenes, you need to use willpower to "defend" against enemy "attacks". Attack is 5 per NPC in the scene plus sensitivity plus enjoyment / 10.

- You generate a random number between (1, attack) and another one between (1, defense), and the result is attack - defense.

- If result is <= 0, you succeed and no consequence. If result >0 you fail, take 1 damage to willpower and the result is added as bonus enjoyment. At orgasm you make an extra check as though you had 100 enjoyment.

- If you fail any attack by 10 or more, you go to broken state 1 (described as above). 20 or more for state 2, 30 or more for state 3.

- So normally you will have sensitivity 0, to get to broken state 2 you would need to get a bad roll as well as be in at least a 3some. But if something bad happens like getting captured, or stuck at high arousal, your sensitivity will quickly increase and it is more dangerous.

- Also this system is nice because even if you have high willpower, you are never totally immune. High willpower decreases the chance of bad things happening but not to 0.

-----

So the main mod is finished, but it does nothing besides change sexlab expressions without other mods to use it. So I am making a companion quest mod.

Some updates (I lied, I didn't decide the mod was complete...)

• Added some player monologue when certain events happen during sex and DD vibrate events
  • Mod tries stats "tease", "sensitivity", "desire", "willpower"
    • tease increases when spending time at high arousal or start SL scenes at high enjoyment, decreases at orgasm
    • sensitivity increases at orgasm
    • desire can increase during SL stage or orgasm depending on willpower check
    • During orgasm, tease + sensitivity + some other stuff related to the animation determine orgasm "strength" need to pass a will check against this to avoid getting broken state increased, if the value is too high
    • during SL stage you get bonus enjoyment from sensitivity and depending on willpower check, desire. If there's a lot of enjoyment, need to pass a willpower check to avoid getting broken, if the value is too high
  • Wearing DD equipment temporarily reduces max willpower
  • Added a system for exchanging the mod's in-sex dialogue with your own. Basically you add a quest to your mod w/ quest script extending a script in this mod. Then you can send a mod event to switch the dialogue. So if you have a quest, you can tailor dialogue to it without having two dialogues appear.

What I have so far in the companion quest mod:

• Idea is that you are some kind of demon hunter. Only semi-lore friendly as I am taking inspiration from different hentais.
  • Currently implemented a very basic, but also pretty safe and sandboxy, defeat quest. The point is to have a fun defeat experience which is still "dangerous" to the character. Basically you get knocked down, you get some SL scenes, you run away. No long enslavement or anything like that. I might implement bad-end good-end scenarios depending on if character gets mind broken.
  • Orc, riekling, troll cum gets an aphrodisiac effect
  • In progress: radiant quests to hunt and get ambushed by "demons" which are just normal SL creatures with a different name
  • A custom dialogue for if player is defeated by "goblins" (rieklings or anything from a custom mod named "goblin", hopefully)

I'm still updating and changing it a lot so not ready to beta release yet :/

EDIT: all the DDI stuff is done through mod events, there's no dependency. For the quest mod I might make a dependency.